Founded 1989 • With Angi since May 2006

Chimcare Portland is family owned small business servicing our local community since 1989. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond the call of duty for each and every one of our customers. All of our employee's are pre-screened, drug free and provide top notch service! Our Employee's arrive in

Blue Stone Patio and WalkwayBrick WalkwayBrick Walkway with Blue Slate

chimney sweep (250)chimney repair (130)masonry (78)chimney cap repair (77)fireplace services (57)dryer vent cleaning (19)gas fireplace repair (4)roofing (4)pressure washing (16)air duct cleaning (5)gas leak repair (2)woodworking (1)

10/21/2022

Erica P.

Tanner was extremely professional, explained the process thoroughly and performed the job well. As a woman home alone I felt very comfortable letting him in to perform the work and will recommend him to another family member needing this service. I also appreciated the follow up email I received detailing the service that was performed along with pictures.

Description of Work
Chimney clean and inspection

Work Completed On 10/21/2022

10/12/2022

James B.

Very well. No snags. Service person was competent and respectful.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep stove inspection

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, fireplaces

Work Completed On 10/12/2022

06/29/2022

Pat H.

Tanner was so sweet. He looked and told us our chimney did not need sweeping at this time. He then checked everything as we had asked him to do and gave us an estimate for the work that needed to be done on our 50 year old chimneys.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, pressure washing, fireplaces

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

06/29/2022

Robert D.

They didn't check for asbestos, chimney was surrounded by asbestos and the didn't hand the debris correctly. Let a dog into the house, dog urinated and defecated in our house. Didn't clean up their mess. Took the key from the key box and didn't return. Convicted felon was one of the workers, I didn't want him to have the key. Left debris covered dog paw prints all throughout our house. Owner said if he returned any money to me, it would come out of the employee's children's mouths. I wouldn't want that, would I?

Description of Work
Chimney replacement

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/14/2022

04/26/2022

Bill H.

Excellent - very thorough and professional.

Description of Work
Inspection

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

03/31/2022

Michael C.

Josh was very good at explaining the problem and fixing it promptly, after another company had failed to do so.

Description of Work
Gas service

Work Completed On 03/31/2022

10/08/2021

AL D.

We requested an estimate to repair a hole left from the removal of a wood stove. Jake, an estimator from Chimcare, came on Sept. 8th. He was cordial, took photos of the project and stated that by evening, or the next day, someone would be emailing or calling ideas/product to help us decide the next step. It's now one month later. No one has contacted us either by email or phone. I have left three text messages and two phone calls on the number listed on his business card. I have also emailed Chimcare with no response. Nothing. Zero. I would expect a simple reply of some kind even if it were to say something like your job is too small, but having absolutely no response is unacceptable.

Description of Work
No work performed

Category masonry

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

06/26/2021

Teresa M.

They were very professional and great to work with! They showed up during the 45 min window they gave me. (Which was a lot better than the 4 - 5 hour window you get from most other vendor!)

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

01/12/2021

Barbara B.

Chimcare handled my requests in 3 phases, and each crew member was friendly and professional and provided expert care! Phase 1: During basic fireplace and chimney cleaning, they filmed the interior so that I could see the extent of damage. They explained the next steps in a way I could understand and agree! Phase 2: They did all exterior work, installed the chimney cap, repaired the mortar, then cleaned the roof and work area when done. I was so impressed with how efficient and thorough they were! Phase 3: They repaired the inside of the chimney, and made sure that everything was sealed and clean. Every crew member was superb, but I want to give special kudos to Josh. He answered every question I had throughout the process, and he checked every single detail to make sure I had peace of mind to be able to use my fireplace again. The quality of work and the great teamwork impressed me through every phase. I will definitely contact Chimcare for my chimney's future annual checkups!

Description of Work
Chimney clean, repair, cap

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

01/01/2021

Gregory S.

It lasted for about three months and now it won’t light again. It cost us $239 for this. Not happy and won’t use them again.

Description of Work
Fixing our gas fireplace so it would light.

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with your gas fireplace. We will be happy to have our technician come out and look at your fireplace. I would be happy to help you, please give me a call at 800-362-4840 and I can be reached at extension 204. Thank you, Therese

12/11/2020

Brad R.

I've sent emails. I've left phone messages. Despite them sending me a fancy flyer very recently advertising their business, they just don't respond. Maybe the jobs I have are just too small for them. I don't know. I guess I never will. Not a good sign.

Description of Work
Brick repair, trellis installation on brick wall, brick wall inspection, exterior light installation repairs on brick walls

Category masonry

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], I apologize you have not received contact back regarding the jobs you have around your home. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and I would like to personally help you. If you would like to schedule an appointment please give me a call at (800) 362-4840 and I can be reached at extension 204. Thank you, Therese

11/10/2020

Frank D.

Not great. The initial contact and estimate was fine. But follow up on my questions was confusing and lacking. We did NOT hire them because of this.

Description of Work
estimate

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

10/26/2020

Charles D.

When Jim arrived, he immediately got to work and did an excellent job. He stayed masked the entire time and took off his shoes first thing to boot, which I appreciated. He was friendly and professional and explained what he was doing and how there was too much volcanic rock in the unit. After cleaning the glass, I was shocked because I hadn't had much hope that we'd be able to see through it so clearly, but he made it look like new. A great company and reasonable price, plus I hear that they may be doing a yearly maintenance package soon, which I'd be the first to sign up for. We may consider working with them again to get a fan put into the unit, as this was a very positive experience.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace cleaning and inspection

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

09/21/2020

Trish A.

Professionally conducted service, from scheduling through after job clean up

Description of Work
Cleaned out chimney in advance of fireplace installation

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

08/19/2020

Cindy M.

Our chimney repair went very well. Igor and his team were very professional, efficient, and finished the job early. Our only complaint (which was minor for us) was that the sales person did not warn the repair team about the proximity of the neighbors fence to the job. Adjustments had to be made to the scaffolding in order to maintain the integrity of the neighbor's antique fence before they could start the work. We would most definitely hire them again. Everyone from the salesman to the repair team was very friendly and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Chimney repair and new cap

Category masonry, air duct cleaning, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

03/29/2020

Thomas B.

The whole process was very smooth and efficient. They made certain communication was clear. They showed up when they said they would, they did what the said they would do and they left everything clean and tidy. A delight to work with and will definitely be our go-to company for future chimney care needs.

Description of Work
We had a quote for some chimney repair from a different company. We asked Chimcare for an inspection and quote. They gave a quote for crown repair, flashing and sealing of our two chimneys.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 03/29/2020

03/13/2020

Rick F.

They did it in aprox. 6 hrs and it looks amazing. Igor and his crew were outstanding

Description of Work
Rebuilt our chimney fromm roof line up

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

Review for Chimcare - 1161 NW Overton St, Portland, OR - 38443472

03/03/2020

Kathie S.

It went well. They arrived on time did what they needed to do.

Description of Work
The home inspector for my sold home said my damper was stuck. It wasn’t stuck Chimcare found the inspector wasn’t opening it right.

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

01/07/2020

Cecile M.

I am pleased with the repair. The technician was able to diagnose the problem and replace the malfunctioning part without needing a return visit. He carefully cleaned and replaced the glass and took extra time trouble shooting the failure. They also allow for Senior discounts. I would recommend the company and their service technician to others.

Description of Work
Repair gas fireplace insert

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

11/08/2019

Joe E.

They did a great job. This was for a real estate sale and the tech was professional an explained things well. I would absolutely hire again

Description of Work
Cleaning, servicing and evaluating a gas fireplace

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

10/11/2019

Marla B.

My chimney and gas fireplace was a mess from sitting too long unused. There were signs of squirrels living in it snd lots of pine needles. The Technician was very knowledgeable and professional. He explained what he was doing and why. My fireplace looks great. I would hire them again. In fact, I want to hire them to clean out my dryer vent because they do that too.

Description of Work
Gas chimney inspection

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

10/02/2019

Jodi A.

Kelly gave me a call to let me know he was on the way, and arrived on time. He took care to put sheets down to protect my home from dust. He thoroughly inspected the fireplace and did a great job with everything.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned and new cap put on the chimney

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

Work Completed On 10/02/2019