Chimcare

Oregon: Contractors
01/01/1900

1161 NW Overton St

Portland, OR 97209

Chimcare Portland is family owned small business servicing our local community since 1989. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond the call of duty for each and every one of our customers. All of our employee's are pre-screened, drug free and provide top notch service! Our Employee's arrive in uniform and in marked vehicles. When you Choose our company you really choose the best Chimney Sweep and Chimney Repair Company that Angies List has to offer! We also specialize in fireplace installations of gas and wood burning fireplace inserts. We also build outdoor fireplaces. Call Today and Get Ready to have the best Service Possible! Additional email - info@chimcarellc.com. Additional phone - (503) 655-2446...

chimney sweep (246)chimney repair (128)masonry (76)chimney cap repair (75)fireplace services (51)dryer vent cleaning (19)roofing (4)gas fireplace repair (3)pressure washing (15)air duct cleaning (5)gas leak repair (2)woodworking (1)

10/08/2021

We requested an estimate to repair a hole left from the removal of a wood stove. Jake, an estimator from Chimcare, came on Sept. 8th. He was cordial, took photos of the project and stated that by evening, or the next day, someone would be emailing or calling ideas/product to help us decide the next step. It's now one month later. No one has contacted us either by email or phone. I have left three ...

Description of Work
No work performed

Category masonry

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

06/26/2021

They were very professional and great to work with! They showed up during the 45 min window they gave me. (Which was a lot better than the 4 - 5 hour window you get from most other vendor!)

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

Category chimney sweep

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

01/12/2021

Chimcare handled my requests in 3 phases, and each crew member was friendly and professional and provided expert care! Phase 1: During basic fireplace and chimney cleaning, they filmed the interior so that I could see the extent of damage. They explained the next steps in a way I could understand and agree! Phase 2: They did all exterior work, installed the chimney cap, repaired the mortar, then c...

Description of Work
Chimney clean, repair, cap

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

01/01/2021

It lasted for about three months and now it won’t light again. It cost us $239 for this. Not happy and won’t use them again.

Description of Work
Fixing our gas fireplace so it would light.

Category fireplaces,gas logs

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with your gas fireplace. We will be happy to have our technician come out and look at your fireplace. I would be happy to help you, please give me a call at 800-362-4840 and I can be reached at extension 204. Thank you, Therese

12/11/2020

I've sent emails. I've left phone messages. Despite them sending me a fancy flyer very recently advertising their business, they just don't respond. Maybe the jobs I have are just too small for them. I don't know. I guess I never will. Not a good sign.

Description of Work
Brick repair, trellis installation on brick wall, brick wall inspection, exterior light installation repairs on brick walls

Category masonry

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], I apologize you have not received contact back regarding the jobs you have around your home. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and I would like to personally help you. If you would like to schedule an appointment please give me a call at (800) 362-4840 and I can be reached at extension 204. Thank you, Therese

11/10/2020

Not great. The initial contact and estimate was fine. But follow up on my questions was confusing and lacking. We did NOT hire them because of this.

Description of Work
estimate

Category chimney repair,fireplaces

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

10/26/2020

When Jim arrived, he immediately got to work and did an excellent job. He stayed masked the entire time and took off his shoes first thing to boot, which I appreciated. He was friendly and professional and explained what he was doing and how there was too much volcanic rock in the unit. After cleaning the glass, I was shocked because I hadn't had much hope that we'd be able to see through it so cl...

Description of Work
Gas fireplace cleaning and inspection

Category fireplaces,gas logs

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

09/21/2020

Professionally conducted service, from scheduling through after job clean up

Description of Work
Cleaned out chimney in advance of fireplace installation

Category chimney sweep

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

08/19/2020

Our chimney repair went very well. Igor and his team were very professional, efficient, and finished the job early. Our only complaint (which was minor for us) was that the sales person did not warn the repair team about the proximity of the neighbors fence to the job. Adjustments had to be made to the scaffolding in order to maintain the integrity of the neighbor's antique fence before they could...

Description of Work
Chimney repair and new cap

Category masonry,air duct cleaning,chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

03/29/2020

The whole process was very smooth and efficient. They made certain communication was clear. They showed up when they said they would, they did what the said they would do and they left everything clean and tidy. A delight to work with and will definitely be our go-to company for future chimney care needs.

Description of Work
We had a quote for some chimney repair from a different company. We asked Chimcare for an inspection and quote. They gave a quote for crown repair, flashing and sealing of our two chimneys.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 03/29/2020

Chimney Cleaning, Chimney Repair, Masonry Repair, dryer vent cleaning, chimney caps, chimney repair and sweep, fireplaces, masonry & pressure washing. We also are a full service masonry company. Along with masonry we also build outdoor fireplaces.