Cedar Care

Founded 1997 • With Angi since August 2006

We specialize in maintenance and preservation of cedar shake and shingle roofs, something that many contractors simply don't handle. Our qualified and experienced team is also able to diagnose leaks and other problems, quickly repairing damaged areas of the roof and protecting your home from damage....

roofing (44)roof cleaning (25)gutter cleaning (9)pressure washing (3)deck cleaning (1)

05/27/2019

Vicki F.

Cedar Care’s excellent crew worked nonstop to finish our roof before the Memorial Day weekend. They were diligent and their attention to detail was exceptional. Cedar Care’s owner, Kevin Bartlett was helpful and friendly, as was his hardworking crew. They finished our next door neighbors’ roof and moved immediately to completing ours. They took no shortcuts and made sure that we’re were satisfied with the work. They cleaned the gutters, replaced the gutter screens and touched up paint where necessary. The price was very fair (we got at least five quotes), and we are very pleased with the results! We highly recommend Cedar Care!

Description of Work
Roof replacement ; cedar to composite

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

Work Completed On 05/26/2019

Review for Cedar Care - 15685 SW 116th Ave, Portland, OR - 37895358

02/28/2019

Greg L.

I have done business with Kevin at Cedar Care for over 25 years. He delivers what he promises! I highly recommend Cedar Care for roof cleaning and treatment, repair, replacement, etc.

Description of Work
New Cedar Shake Roof

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

02/28/2019

thomas B.

I've worked with Cedar Care for a number of years now... They've always tried hard to be accommodating to my schedule and attentive to my requests for service. I've been satisfied with the work they've done for me maintaining my roof, and have been able to put off having to replace my roof for now many years longer than pretty much all of my neighbors.

Description of Work
cedar shake roof cleaning and repairs

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

Edward W C.

Since we moved into this house in 2000 we have used Cedar Care to maintain our shake roof. The house was built in 1991 and this is still the original roof now in 2019. There are only two reasons why, Cedar Care and the shade our roof gets. Every time I've contacted Cedar Care I have gotten a prompt reply and estimate. The work was always done on schedule. This last time they even noticed gaskets around our plumbing roof vents were beginning to deteriorate and replaced them. I wouldn't hesitate to hire Cedar Care.

Description of Work
Periodic cedar shingle roof maintenance

Category gutter cleaning, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

Michelle A.

Kevin and his crew did a terrific job. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. They even helped me install new gutter covers. They cleaned up after themselves and were, in general, a delight to deal with.

Description of Work
Complete tear off of my roof which had 3 layers and re-sheeting 3/4 of it, then a new roof was installed.

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

Review for Cedar Care - 15685 SW 116th Ave, Portland, OR - 37735322

John S.

Kevin and his crew did, as always for the last several years, a good job maintaining my shake roof giving it much better longevity for me. Kevin is always there and is very easy to work with for any roofing needs.

Description of Work
Maintaining my shake roof.

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

12/28/2018

Byron W.

Spoke on the phone and via email. Said they could get out week after next. They never came and they never called back. So, very unprofessional. Probably better to go with a bigger company. One with reliable business practices.

Description of Work
Repair of a cedar shingled roof.

Work Completed On 11/17/2018

Hey [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry to have dropped the ball responding to your lead. I strive to provide excellent customer service. But nobody's perfect. Best , Kevin Bartlett Cedarcare

12/06/2017

Michael M.

I've been using Cedar Care for annual roof cleaning and preventative maintenance over a number of years and find them to be knowledgeable about cedar roof care, trust-worthy and enjoyable to work with.

Description of Work
Annual roof cleaning and maintenance

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

09/20/2017

Jonathan G.

job was done efficiently and in one day. so far all is good with the roof.

Description of Work
cedar roof repairs, maintenance and treatment.

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

07/25/2017

ALLISON F.

Our roof is huge. It took Cedar Care 2 full days just to clean the roof and 3 more to replace 47 bundles of shingles! However, Jerry was prompt and polite and kept me well informed of the work- especially as the cleaning revealed significantly more damage than the original estimate. But they showed me the damage- and once I knew what to look for, I could see the damaged shingles from the ground. They cleaned up behind themselves every day. Our roof now looks great. They were expensive! - and the price increased significantly as more damage was discovered. I rated them good here- only because I might have asked for additional quotes at the outset if I have known the cost was that great- although they did offer me the option to get additional quotes after the cleaning revealed the extent of damaged shingles. In the end, I decided to trust their opinion and just get it all done. They honored the discount on the Angie's list website. Cost below included power washing (2 days)- replacing 47 bundles of shingles (3 days) and applying a roof guard treatment to the roof (1 day).

Description of Work
Roof needed to be cleaned, inspected, repaired and maintained. Large roof that had not been cleaned or serviced in over 6 years. I called for service because I found a few shingles blown into the garden this spring. Our home is under large pine trees and a few deciduous trees as well. I could see that roof was covered with pine needles and leaves.

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

06/08/2017

Christopher B.

Kevin did a thorough job pressure washing the roof and cleaning the gutters. Afterwards, he cleaned up the debris and hosed down the house. Then we put 7 bundles of new shakes on our roof. When it stops raining enough for the roof to dry out, he will come back and oil the roof.

Description of Work
Pressure wash roof, clean gutters, replace bad shakes.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing, pressure washing, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

03/14/2017

Matthew G H.

It stared out at $600 and ended up at $900. I believe that is how it worked out. Their scheduling had a lot to be desired. They didn’t show up a couple of times and that was several weeks after they said they would do it. I haven’t been up on the roof myself, so I am not sure about the quality. I think when they actually showed up, they showed up when they said they would.

Description of Work
Roof repair. Cedar shake repair.

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

11/14/2016

Rachel L.

Kevin returned my call promptly and explained the benefits and costs for different cleaning and treatment choices. We chose to have a low pressure wash for our roof and gutters, to be followed with an oil treatment in the spring. His assistant showed up promptly on the scheduled day and worked for 9 hours until the job was done. After he was done with the roof he rinsed the sides of the house and windows to clean off the spatter from the roof washing, and raked up the pine needles and leaves that came off the roof. Both Kevin and his assistant were pleasant to work with, attentive to details and happy to answers questions and concerns.

Description of Work
Our Cedar roof needed to be cleaned of debris and mold/moss growth.

Work Completed On 11/09/2016

09/07/2016

Jonathan H.

This provider was very prompt in evaluating our cedar shake roof. Due to the condition of the roof he recommended we find a different company to replace it rather than hiring his company to clean it. I appreciated his honesty and the free evaluation of our roof's condition.

Description of Work
Cleaning and maintenance of a cedar shake roof

Work Completed On 09/07/2016

03/22/2016

Larry M.

Have used this company before with very satisfactory results. Kevin is very professional and efficient in doing his work. He not only explained the few problems he found on our roof but also provided clear pictures of the problem areas. He is very punctual in keeping appointments and is easy to talk to in discussing what needs to be done. Also did a very good job of cleaning up after completing the work. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Repaired a few loose ridge pieces, applied Rustoleum to flashing, cleaned gutters.

Work Completed On 09/24/2015

09/11/2014

Michael M.

What started as a roof repair expanded into a roof restoration. I was very impressed by their specific knowledge of wood roofs and would recommend them to anyone with a wood roof. I had had several leaks repaired by other companies previously which were more patches than getting at the underlying problems. Cedar Care's work was thorough and knowledgeable. The 2003 roof is now beautiful and should last at least another 10 years. I plan to have Cedar Care clean and inspect the roof annually.

Description of Work
Leak repair including replacement of 3 bundles of shakes, roof cleaning, application of protective roof treatment.

Work Completed On 04/07/2014

04/26/2014

Chris W.

Kevin came out right away and gave me a quote but said I would be better off replacing my roof

Description of Work
Estimate on repair and replacing shake shingles.

Work Completed On 04/10/2014

12/05/2013

vicki H.

They were fantastic. Dealt directly with the owners. They came into the job another contractor had messed up and were great. Great communication. Awesome company. Will use them again.

Description of Work
replaced our cedar shingles. Oiled roof.

Work Completed On 07/25/2013

11/02/2013

L M S.

Many of the homes in our neighborhood, all of approximately the same age, are either having extensive repairs or completely replacing their original roofs. Cdar Care was selected because they specializes in roof repair of homes with cedar shakes. A couple of years ago, we had our cedar shake roof cleaned and treated. Since then, we've noticed that some of the shakes are starting to curl a bit, and felt that we should have it checked out and have some of the shake replaced. We scheduled an appointment and Kevin arrived on time and did an extensive review our 25 year old cedar shake roof. He was extremely honest with us and said that he could replace about 25 to 30 percent of the shakes, but that the repairs would only be a temporary fix and that it would be more in our interest to have the roof completely replaced in the next year or two rather than do a relatively expensive repair and then have to do a complete replacement in again 5 years. We really appreciated his honesty and professional evaluation at the expense of his doing the work. He said that our roof was in good enough shape to last through the winter, and possible the following winter, but we should really consider completely re-roofing then. Since he doesn't re-roofing, he recommended a couple of people who he felt were very fair and competent and economical. During his inspection, he noticed that a couple of the vent pipes were at risk of leaking and I asked him to repair those, as well as replace a missing shake. He returned a couple of days later and did these repairs for $75. It is not often that you find someone like Kevin who is willing to share their professional expertise and knowledge with you and provide you with an honest evaluation. His honesyt, information and suggestions were highly appreciated.

Description of Work
Inspected cedar shake roof to determine what repairs might be needed.

Work Completed On 09/19/2013

09/27/2013

Carolyn H.

Excellent Amazing company and personnel. Very happy employees and employers. Easy to talk to all employees. Work quality excellent. Cleaned up after work everyday. Would recommend this company to everyone.

Description of Work
Cleaned, reroofed with 40 bundles of wood shakes.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing, pressure washing, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 08/15/2013

07/01/2013

Krishnan P.

Thorough analysis of state of roof - Kevin takes pictures of the roof in his iPad which gives an idea on the state of the shaks

Description of Work
Replace worn out cedar shakes (18+ yrs old roof) and apply oil

Work Completed On 06/28/2013

02/07/2013

Kathy G.

Having Cedar Care repair our shake roof rather than replace it with 40yr composition saved us $12000. They were good to work with. The price includes the installaton of two skylights.

Description of Work
An excellent choice.

Work Completed On 07/15/2011

08/27/2012

DANIEL L.

Our experience with CedarCare was great! I was very hesitant to go through the process again, as our last experience with another company 7 years prior was so horrible. Our 19 year old roof needed care, though, and I turned to Angies List and found CedarCare. Kevin came out to do the estimate, and answer all my questions. I was impressed when he went back up on the roof and placed a pipe vent cover over the existing one as a temporary move to prevent leaking till we went forward with the necessary repairs. He didn't ask for payment, and said if we chose to go with another company, I could send him a check for the cover. I was also pleased to hear, that unlike many companies, they have a small and experienced crew so I knew who would be on my roof. The shake repairs were done fall of 2011. We opted to wait until this summer to have the roof power washed and treated. Jerry did the roof cleaning, and he does an amazing job. The roof looks great, and he left the whole house exterior and surrounding areas cleaner than when he came. He took such care in everything he did! I really could not be more pleased. The difference between Cedar Care and our previous experience with another company is night and day. I feel like we had the worst, then found the best. They do cost a bit more, but these guys are so professional! Do yourself a favor and just hire these guys!

Description of Work
Replaced 7 bundles cedar shake and 5 pipe vent covers. Power washed roof and treated with Cedarcare Roofguard Roof Treatment.

Category roof cleaning