CASCADE ROOFING

Founded 1959 • With Angi since May 2005

2018 Super Service Award Winner in Roofing! Welcome to Cascade Roofing Portland. Quality and trust come with experience and we have been serving the Portland Metro area since 1959. Our family owned roofing company provides outstanding service and the highest quality workmanship to residential and

roofing (520)gutter repair (44)skylight installation (41)general contractors (11)siding companies (4)solar companies (3)gutter cleaning (3)screen repair (2)roof cleaning (1)chimney repair (1)plastering (1)HVAC Companies (1)

06/07/2019

BILL M.

We didn't hire this company but want all readers to know, don't leave this firm out when considering roofs. Their representative was thorough, informative and gave lots of time and thought to our project. Their bid package was the most complete we saw. It was close between Cascade and our eventual contractor. This company deserves your consideration.

Description of Work
Bid for roof replacement

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

02/18/2019

kyle M.

I'm not easily impressed but when my mothers home needed a new roof 2,000 miles away in Portland, Cascade Roofing was as good as their reviews. The project was coordinated and executed flawlessly. This is not a typical construction company, at least not one I have ever dealt with. I only wish I lived in Oregon so I could use them for my house as well. I highly recommend Cascade Roofing.

Description of Work
Residential

Work Completed On 02/18/2019

04/05/2018

Dan R.

Cascade was not the lowest bidder, but we think we got good value. Yes, you get what you pay for. A large, hard working crew got our large, multi-panel hip roof done in less than two days. New roof looks great, and they left the job site cleaner than it was before they started.

Description of Work
Tear off and re-roof home.

Work Completed On 04/05/2018

01/10/2018

Walt M.

Nels was very responsive in coming out for a quote. He explained exactly what we needed to do and educated me along the way. The quote was in the middle of the pack pricewise and seemed to be for a thorough job. We got 4 quotes and this looked like the best way to go overall. We gave them the "OK" in mid-Sept. They estimate it would be 2-3 months before they could get to it, depending on the weather. A dry spell was forecast for early December and we go the call that they would be coming out in about 5 days. Martin and about 9 guys showed up on schedule. The full job took about 5 days. They had to work around 5 skylights. They coordinated with an HVAC guy replacing a furnace vent. They found and repaired a few spots of dry rot. They did a great job of protecting the plants and cleaned up the yard each night, and particularly at the end. It was a bigger job than I expected, but it appears well done and I expect it to last us many years. The crew seemed to know exactly what they were doing and my wife was happy that all the plants in the yard survived unaffected. We'd certainly recommend them to others needing a new roof.

Description of Work
Reroof 2600 sq ft single story house including tearing off cedar shakes and two layers of shingles and putting down new plywood layer and premium Malarkey shingle.

Work Completed On 12/10/2017

11/23/2017

B H.

Nels and the crew are phenomenal. From the bidding process to the actual work, they were professional, punctual, and transparent. Nels was the only roofer who answered his phone when we called for bids. He was upfront about timing. When he did appear to give an estimate, he was detailed but not to a point where he was being a pushy salesperson. We called about eight companies to ask questions and only four actually returned our calls and came out to do the bid. One of them never submitted a written bid. His actual bid was incredibly detailed yet easy to follow. He provided really helpful documents to help us understand the whole process and answer numerous questions we didn't even know we had. He checked out with CCB and reviews on the internet. He scheduled us quickly and within a month, we had a gorgeous new composite roof. His crew was so fast, professional, and pleasant. Within three days, everything was complete, just as he promised and pretty close to his original estimate (within dollars). We had one small issue with a hole but it was patched up quickly. We hardly noticed that they were working on our roof during those three days. All the crew members were hard-working and pleasant. We've had many rainy days since early October, and the roof is holding up well. We cannot emphasize how professional, detailed, and wonderful this company is. We would use them again. They were not the most expensive but they were not the cheapest. However, you get what you pay for. Extremely high quality company with high quality work to back them up.

Description of Work
Needed to replace an old cedar shake roof

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

11/05/2017

Jim O.

The company sent in a large crew and had the job done quickly and efficiently in about a day and a half. The foreman was there to meet me the first day and go over some areas of concern that had shown up. He was very professional and made good recommendations. I am very pleased with the work and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Complete re-roofing, removal of one layer of composite shingles and plywood. Additional carpentry and repair to rotting facia and soffit.

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

09/11/2017

Sridhar J.

From the quote till the work was done, Cascade roofing was very responsive. Nels from Cascade was the person who gave us the quote. He answered all of our questions in a timely and professional manner. The foreman who showed up at the time of work was also very responsive and kept us upto-date. They had about 6-7 people and worked 12 hrs a day to finish the work in 2 days, instead of 3 that was originally anticipated. Gave us pictures of existing damage that was addressed. They were changing the sky light and some one was in the room below. As soon as the person on the job realized, the person stopped and only started it after confirming no one was in the room. They also cleaned up very well (only found < 10 nails around the house after). The people at work are very professional as well. Overall the best experience

Description of Work
Replace Roof which was 20 years old

Work Completed On 08/16/2017

08/23/2017

John R.

One of workers goofed off on the last day.

Description of Work
They replaced my roof.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

08/22/2017

Dianna D.

Was asked what type i have and as soon as i said torchback, was corrected that it is torchdown and all of a sudden she was starting to refer mr else where. I had to interrupt her to say we wanted either tpo or shingle. She said i couldnt do shingle, i wonder how the heck she knows what my roof looks like. I tell her thats funny i already have one estimate. She says oh, wow...long pause so i said i will take my business elsewhere, she said okay. I have to you say i was appalled at the lack of professionalism.

Description of Work
I called to get a quote on a roof.

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

08/01/2017

penny C.

Called them Wednesday afternoon and they were at my house Friday morning.

Description of Work
Moved my vent pipe for my kitchen sink and patched where the old one was.

07/07/2017

Gene A.

They would not do my roof because of steep pitch.

Description of Work
Quote only on phone

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

Thank you for contacting our company. There are some roofs that are quite steep and we do not feel comfortable having our older experienced crews working on. This information is listed in our company profile. But as always, if we are not a good match, we gladly offer referrals and will take the time to answer any questions you may have. Best Nels.

06/24/2017

Marc P.

It went well. They brought in a crew of 5 to 7 guys and completed the job in less than two days. The sales rep, office staff, and roofing crew were all great.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof on a 42 year old house. There were already two layers of shingles so they had to do a complete tear off and also replace a small part of the sub-roof.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

06/07/2017

Rose L.

They were great and I would never use anyone else.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof.

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

06/04/2017

David W.

The roofing installation was professionally done and replaced within 2 days.

Description of Work
Replace roofing and skylight. Needed to add air vents and replace some plywood to repair roof damage from a fallen tree.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 04/11/2017

06/04/2017

Deanne T.

Based on other Angie's list reviews, we went into this job with high expectations for Cascade's work. I can confidently say that they exceeded our expectations. Our roof was at the end of its life when we purchased our home last year. At that time, we solicited 2 bids to have it replaced, and we discovered that the job would be more expensive than we could afford at the time, so we needed to wait a year to do it. However, neither company that bid the job could give us an assurance that the roof would last through another winter. We were understandably nervous about this, but Cascade not only offered to let us lock in a discounted price by getting on their calendar for the beginning of the following roofing season, but they also offered to be available to come out and tarp our roof if we noticed a leak before the job could begin. This peace of mind was very valuable to us. Though Cascade was the more expensive of the two bids, we feel that we truly got what we paid for. Daniel helped us understand the scope of the job, what to expect during the process, and how to prepare. In addition, his bid included additional elements that would help the health of the house, like installing mid-roof vents and valley liners. Once the job was underway, we also felt like we were in good hands. Arturo (the foreman) and his team were punctual to a T, kept the jobsite very clean, communicated with us proactively with daily updates via phone, and were happy to answer questions and send us pictures as they worked. The team worked long days (10-12 hours!) to finish the job as quickly as possible. We knew to expect that there would be significant amounts of dry-rot under the eaves, and they were timely about updating us on the extent of the dry-rot and the cost of the repairs. In addition, when we became nervous about the cost of the job exceeding our budget (there was SO MUCH dry rot!), we talked to Daniel about it, and the invoice he sent us included a small discount that ultimately kept us very close to our budget. Other small gestures made a big impression on us. Because our house is not at street level, our job required the construction of a large scaffold and wooden ramp over the sidewalk and onto the roof in order to remove debris. However, on Saturdays our sidewalk gets a lot of foot traffic, including families with small children, and we were concerned about dozens of people walking underneath the active work site. When asked whether the sidewalk could be blocked off for pedestrian safety, the team was happy to oblige, and they prominently (and promptly!) taped off the sidewalk around our property so pedestrians could avoid the area. On another occasion, the team not only allowed us to add some unrelated debris from our yard (pieces of broken concrete) to the dumpster, but also volunteered to carry it all to the dumpster, saving us the back-breaking effort! On the final day, in a last minute push to finish the job before Memorial Day weekend, the team worked a 13-hour day and made a special effort to procure extra ridge shingles at 7pm on a Friday in order to not extend the job until the following Tuesday. Overall, we could not have been happier with Cascade's work, from start to finish.

Description of Work
Full tear-off of 2 layers of shingles (asphalt on top of cedar shake) and decking on 2-story 1910 bungalow. Installation of a new roof and repair or replacement of any dry-rotted wood discovered during the job. Final installation included replacement of dry-rotted tongue-in-groove 1x4s under the eaves, adding 2x6 cedar fascia boards for later gutter reinstallation, installation of new decking, mid-roof Smart Vents, and 40-year fiberglass/asphalt shingles.

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 05/27/2017

Review for CASCADE ROOFING - 6950 SW Hampton St, Portland, OR - 35173183

05/16/2017

Michael S.

Perfectly. Just as promised and on time. The bid was very reasonable and they came earlier than promised. Nels sent out a 9 man crew and did the entire job in only one day. There were unknown problems and the crew was able to adjust and repair as needed and at a very fair price. I got premium roofing, additional vents & soffits, new sheathings, rot repairs, new flashing, the works. The crew are company employees and very organized. They left the property in perfect condition. No disappointments! Thanks guys. On time. On budget. A perfect job.

Description of Work
Complete roof tear-off including plywood and some timber.

Work Completed On 05/06/2017

Review for CASCADE ROOFING - 6950 SW Hampton St, Portland, OR - 35046793

05/02/2017

DOROTHY R.

starting with Daniel on the bid, the whole crew was spot on in knowledge, friendliness, always on time, and they cleaned up the yard at the end of each day

Description of Work
they did a complete tear-off of old shingles on the house + garage, installed a gorgeous new roof on house + garage, including flashing + such around two chimneys

Work Completed On 08/17/2016

04/26/2017

Steven B.

Though the gentleman was prompt in showing up for the appointment to give us an estimate, he immediately said they had googled the wrong house and would/could not work on a roof as steep as ours. He said their crews were getting older and did not work on roofs with dormers, 2 story houses and as steeply pitched as ours. I lost a days' wages staying home from my part time job just to have them come out so was quite disappointed that they could not even give us an estimate for a job possibly in the $18,000-40,000 range. It would have been nice for them to have asked more questions about the house when I set up the appointment a week ago or so.

Description of Work
Needed an entire roof redone, with additional repairs caused by a tree falling onto the house.

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

04/11/2017

Matthew K.

From the start, Cascade exceeded expectations. Their salesman/roof inspector, Daniel, noticed all the things our home inspector did and more, including giving me some tips on moss control. We changed our minds about the roof color and that went smoothly. He even called back to tell us that the longer-wear shingles we wanted were available on special order. One thing to know about Cascade is that they don't do payment plans. You have to be able to pay it all up front. We ended up having to get all this done in the middle of winter. Cascade was able to pick the only clear day between all the rain and snow. They finished in one day and left the yard cleaner than when they came. I've waited this long (4 months) to make sure the new roof was leak-free. We went through the "Snow-pocalypse" (a week of snow on the roof), several months of heavy rain, and just recently a windstorm that knocked down a lot of trees. The roof looks exactly the same as when it was installed and we have no leaks.

Description of Work
We needed a complete tearoff and replace, including vents, flashing, and plywood to cover the old shiplap boards.

Work Completed On 12/13/2016

Review for CASCADE ROOFING - 6950 SW Hampton St, Portland, OR - 34794619

02/15/2017

Joy M.

Most important: four months after the roofing job was finished I called them about a (possible) leak during the snow and ice storm. Someone came right out and diagnosed the problem--which was an errant cat and not a roof leak. They were very kind about this, even though I was embarrassed. But it shows their responsiveness and commitment to doing a good job. In addition: Nels noticed and commented on how they would handle the intersection of the patio roof and home roof. He told me that the company would check this intersection every three years if I called them. Woodfeathers, the shingle supply company, recommended them as being very responsive to problems. Nels defined the difference between the brands of shingles by warranty and quality, which made choosing materials easier. Also, Nels brought samples by my house so I could see how they looked, and I drove by homes with the chosen shingles. Of course, they always came when they said they would, finished on time and cleaned up well.

Description of Work
Cascade re-roofed my home.

Work Completed On 07/21/2016

01/09/2017

Lorrayne E.

Daniel arrived early. He told me they are booked until spring but he “eyeballed” the roof and said that, if another company gave me a bid for less than $25,000, and I was comfortable with the company, I should accept that. He also recommended that I have the chimneys re-mortared before the roof was done. Although he was not interested in the job, I felt that he gave me good advice. The company I chose, Klam Construction, charged me $14,223 and did the work last week.

Description of Work
I sought an estimate for tearing off and replacing the roof on my house and detached garage.

Work Completed On 11/30/2016

12/15/2016

Ryan S.

For us, Cascade was the perfect balance of quality and affordability. They were knowledgeable and professional throughout the quotation process, were thoughtful about considerations like watching the weather, and did the work in two days flat. The neighbors have been giving us a lot of compliments re how good the roof looks, and how quickly the Cascade crew got it done. The only negative for us had to do with clean-up; they were fairly responsive when we called to report some debris being left behind. Beware those lowest-quote roofers who reincorporate every few years under a slightly different name as they won't be expected to honor their warranty if they are technically a new corporate entity. And it is also very easy to end up paying too much. We would hire Cascade over again if we had to do it over.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 01/11/2017

10/25/2016

Patricia R.

It went very well. They were here on time and finished the job in a day and a half. The crew was very professional and found all kinds of problems that I did not know existed. The only thing that was left behind was a pair of sunglasses--the area was very clean. I would never have known that they were even here, except for the fact that the roof looks GREAT. And the best part is they were able to get it done before the bad storms hit the area.

Description of Work
I needed a new roof and apparently it was worse than I thought. There were structural issues and mold and lots of rot.

Work Completed On 10/03/2016