August Movers

Founded 2003 • With Angi since February 2011

5522 SE Mall St

Portland, OR 97206

We are a small privately-owned labor service, officially referred to as a "pack and load service," helping individuals load and unload moving trucks, trailers, and POD-type storage containers.

02/27/2017

Gopala Rao G.

Very Well.

Description of Work
Local Moving

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you are enjoying your new home. From Amy, Jay, and Randall.

07/18/2016

Ashleigh T.

Description of Work
Randall and Amy were fantastic, they moved my one bedroom apartment contents up and down 5 flights of stairs into a moving pod. They were incredibly fast, very helpful, very good at communicating times/prices, punctual, very friendly, and were very careful during the move.

Category moving companies

I apologize it took me so long to see you left us a review. Thank you for doing so. We really appreciate the work and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. From Amy and Randall.

01/28/2016

Jenny H.

I have hired August movers 4 times and have referred them countless times. They ate very efficient, careful and methodical. I've worked with both Randall and Amy and their employees. We had a 24'truck PACKED front to back, top to bottom without one item being damaged or broken. Hopefully I don't need to move again for a very long time but if I did, I would certainly hire them again. Thanks Amy and crew. ..you rock! The rate was very reasonable @$85/hr for 3 movers otherwise $60/hr for 2 movers -Michelle

Description of Work
House move

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We've always enjoyed helping you. We also hope you don't need to move again any time soon. Good luck, from Amy, Dan & Gavyn.

08/12/2015

Lee S.

Randall and his crew were efficient, careful, and speedy. A really fantastic experience, I would recommend his team without any reservations and will absolutely use them again if I move again (which I sure hope not to do).

Description of Work
Unloaded goods from my moving trailer, on more than one occasion.

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We helped this customer on three separate occasions over the course of the week, and they got to meet almost our entire crew. Thank you from Amy, Jeremiah, Randall, and Rodger.

06/18/2015

Andrew B.

Wonderfully! They were prompt in arriving and rolled gracefully with our change in our arrival. They were cheerful and optimistic. Incredibly efficient at staging our belongings. Amy and Randall made what could have been a long, exhausting day into a pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Unloaded our rental moving van and so much more. They guided us into a tight parking situation like a breeze. They hauled our furniture and belongings up the stairs and placed them in to the proper spots.

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review of our services. We hope you are enjoying your new home. From, Amy & Randall.

12/30/2014

Mel B.

great

Description of Work
Moved us

Category moving companies

Thank you [member name removed] for taking the time to leave a review of our services. Happy Holidays, from Amy, Jahmian (J), and Randall.

11/24/2014

Lisa O.

We have used them three times now and each time the experience has been excellent. They move very quickly, never stand around, provide advice, and pack the truck efficiently.

Description of Work
August helped us move, and when they showed up there was still a lot of packing to do. They took initiative, made sure everything got done quickly, and had a great attitude.

Category moving companies

Thank you [member name removed] for taking the time to leave us a positive review. These things really do help our business. We hope have a wonderful holiday season. From, Amy & Randall.

07/01/2014

ROHINI T.

Called Randall/August movers for our long-distance move. Set-up the appointment on phone and they were courteous and very thorough with follow-up. On the day, they arrived on-time. We had already packed most boxes with labels. Randall and the crew did a great job fitting all our stuff into the 2 16' containers. They were very meticulous in wrapping our furniture in packing blankets and did an excellent job fitting all our stuff into the containers. Initially we thought we would be be able to get our patio furniture, but they managed to get that in as well. It was pretty evident that they are in the business of packing for long-distance moves as they used every square inch of space to make sure there will be minimal settling. We have not received our containers yet and will update the review once we open them to see if they survived the long trip.

Description of Work
Used Randall and crew to load 2 16' packrat containers for our long-distance move

Category moving companies

Thank you for the kind review, from Amy, Daniel, and Randall.

06/06/2014

Megan D.

Description of Work
We hired August Movers to help us move a 2 bedroom townhouse with a basement to a ranch. They were simply amazing. The work was done quickly and carefully, with every piece of furniture and even our bed frame being wrapped in blankets to protect it from dings. I've already recommended them to a friend that is moving in a couple of weeks and would recommend them to anyone.

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our services. Yes, we do love using the moving pads! We hope you love your new place.

05/12/2014

Claudia H.

It went exceedingly well. Without reservation I would recommend thus pair for local moves of any size.

Description of Work
Expertly loaded and unloaded our furniture. They worked efficiently and we were amazed how quickly it went. These movers do NOT provide the moving truck; but they do everything else. Even with the cost of renting the truck we came out way ahead if our previous moving costs.

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. It has been a little while since we helped you. I did not recognize the name, but looking at my notes I remember who you are. Thank you so much. Wishing you the best, Randall & Amy

04/10/2014

Justin T.

These were some of the best movers I have used. They were super friendly, did an excellent job of protecting our furniture, and were very careful. Our apartment and new house both have 3 floors and there was not a single scuff or ding on any of the walls when they were finished. We will definitely be calling them for any future moves!

Description of Work
Loaded and unloaded a u-haul, mainly furniture in 4 hours

Category moving companies

Thank you for leaving this review. We know you left a review on the movinghelp site also, so it was extra kind of you to take the time to leave a review here. Good luck in your new place, from Amy & Randall.

01/05/2014

Paulette K.

I moved to Oregon from NC and used Pods to get my stuff here. When the Pod was delivered, August Movers unloaded the Pod for me. They were punctual, super nice, got the job done in less time than estimated, and I would definitely use them again.

Category moving companies

Thank you [remove member name] for taking the time to leave a review of our services. You were very pleasant and easy to work for. Good luck in your new place.

07/23/2013

Jeff M.

Taylor and Amy are awesome! I booked them for a 2 hour job and they graciously stayed an extra 2 hours to ensure our 26' Penske truck was completely packed in time for our cross country move. They did an amazing job and were able to get everything into our truck - it was like an enormous game of Tetris. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I'd give 10 stars if I was able. Thanks again, Taylor and Amy!

Description of Work
Expertly and efficiently loaded our 1800 sf house into a 26' Penske moving truck just prior to a cross-country move.

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. We are glad that everything made it in one piece. Yes, loading or packing a truck is like a giant game of Tetris, especially if you need to fill every nook and cranny. Thank you again, from Amy & Taylor.

07/22/2013

STEVE G.

They completed the job in 4 hours (they were really moving) and got everything packed securely and carefully into the two trucks ( a 22 ft and a 14 ft). They worked hard, were very friendly (we really enjoyed interacting with them), and treated our belongings as if they were their own. I would highly recommend August Movers and would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
The 3 person team loaded a 3 story, 3 bedroom house into 2 rental trucks (which we drove to our new out of state residence). They had to move some very heavy objects and many very fragile items and boxes.

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our services. Thank you also for such a kind review. Yes, we were moving, four hours to load two trucks is pretty fast. However, customers were extremely well prepared having everything wrapped, boxed, and ready to go. Jobs go much faster when customers are ready. Thank you again, from Amy, Shane, and Taylor.

07/15/2013

Christine E.

Randall and Amy were the best movers we have had! So friendly and professional, unlike the surly 20-year olds we have had from other movers in the past. They loaded all our stuff from our townhouse and then from our storage unit into our rental 26-foot UHaul, and unloaded it all at our new 2-story house, in about 5 hours total. Hiring them in the first place was quick, they got back to me via email same day. What really impressed me is that they put everything in the room it goes in, or asked me where it goes, so I barely had to re-arrange anything when we unpacked! And they were very careful with walls and protecting our furniture. Amy even helped me identify a bunch of mystery plants in my new garden when we were finishing up. Thanks guys! I will recommend you to all my friends.

Description of Work
Loaded our rental truck and unloaded at the new location.

Category moving companies

Thank you (removed member name) for the great review and taking the time to leave one. We enjoyed helping you with your move. We pride ourselves on being very careful with your belongings, thank you for noticing. Amy is a plant-o-phile! She can almost certainly identify any native plant, and many that are not. I could say more but that is getting outside the moving company. I am glad I was not perceived as surly (-: Thanks again, Amy & Randall

12/21/2012

KONNI H.

This is a very nice couple. Took care with my furniture. Worked efficiently.

Description of Work
I called requesting furniture be moved within my house. Replied promptly. Got a quick appointment. Arrived on time. Worked efficiently. Good value.

Category moving companies

Thank you for the kind review of our services. Job took a bit longer than anyone thought. There were a few logistical issues that had to be worked out, but everyone worked together to get everything done as well as possible (older houses in NE Portland sometimes just really have small stairways going to the second floor). Thank you again, from Amy & Randall.

10/26/2012

Rachel P.

WOW - I have moved using movers in the past and felt a little taken advantage of by them, so I was a little leery of hiring help. I'm glad I gave August Movers a call! My movers arrived on time, worked very diligently to protect every single item, wrapping everything in blankets they brought with them. They were kind and fun to have around, too - their great sense of humor was a joy to have in our house during what can be a tough day (moving day). They were so efficient, they moved all of our large and heavy furniture in just over three hours, including packing and unpacking the truck! WOW. They were flexible about our move date and the owner was so responsive as we set-up the move day, I can't compliment him enough. If you're moving in the Portland area, you HAVE to use August movers. They bring the positive vibes, careful care, muscle and hard work - all you have to provide is the truck!

Description of Work
August Movers arrived at my home with blankets and dollies, loaded up a U-haul truck that I had rented, I drove the truck to our new home as they followed in their vehicle, and they unloaded all of my items and placed them in the rooms as requested.

Category moving companies

WOW! Such a thoughtful and kind review of our services. We know we are doing well when our customers feel like this. Thank you for the positive review and for taking the time to write it.

10/03/2012

Jenny H.

These guys are awesome! I mean, I really have never had such a great moving experience! They arrived on time, were very careful with all my belongings and the best part was that they were just 'nice guys'! They are very competitively priced and super accommodating with a few last minute requests. I really cannot say enough about how great they are!

Description of Work
Moved from 1 bedroom apt to 3 bedroom house.

Category moving companies

Thank you for the kind review of our services. Customer was very easy to get along with and fun to work with. Her last minute requests were simple and no big deal at all. It is our pleasure to help as best we can.

08/25/2011

Robert O.

I had 2 movers scheduled for 6 hours of moving from one house to another house about 30-45 minutes across town (depending on traffic). The guys arrived on time. They were very friendly and professional, and since I already had a 20' UHaul truck and all of my stuff boxed up, we got right to work. They loaded all my boxes, Big screen TV, a small amount of furniture, washer and dryer, lots of tools and garage stuff that didn't easily box up, and lots of gardening stuff. I had a number of large half-whiskey barrel pots that had 6' tall mature hops growing in them, as well as half a truck full of large rectangular planters that were quite heavy. The washer and dryer were in a cellar with steep and narrow steps, and they also had to remove the outside door to get the appliances out (they put the door back on after). When the UHaul truck was full, I drove it to my new place and they followed in their car. We unloaded everything into the new house and garage. We also made a separate stop at a storage unit to get stuff I had in storage. We made 2 full truck load trips, and it took close to 7 hours due to traffic, so I paid them for an additional hour of work and tipped them out an additional 10% for their good service and hard work. All the plants came through in good condition, and nothing got dinged up. They were professional, and did a good job. They brought alot of their own equipment, including packing pads for the big screen TV. Their rates were as good or better than any other independent mover in my area, and they were far less expensive than what a big name moving company would've charged me. I was very prepared before the move, and very hands-on during the move, so that probably made it go more smoothly. I'm very pleased with how the move went. I have no problem recommending their service to others.

Description of Work
Moving muscle. Loading and unloading U-Haul truck. Disconnect and reconnect of Washer and Dryer.

Category moving companies

Thank you member for the kind words. He was extremely well prepared (that always makes a job go more smoothly), and easy to get along with.

02/04/2011

George R.

They were here on time, did the work much quicker than we anticipated, and did it carefully. The $100 is their minimum charge for an hour and they offered to do anything else to use up the time. They are also interesting and educated people and, after the clock stopped running, we had a very nice conversations. They were not 'in a hurry' to get away and formed a personal bond. It is always hard to know what to expect when you hire someone over the internet and bring them into your home. T]here folks are trustworthy and reliable,

Description of Work
We were moving things from a vacation home to Portland and needed help unloading. August Movers unloaded not just the heavy stuff but all of it. We just gave directions. They put everything in the places we designated and assembled some of the furniture.

Category moving companies

Thank you for such overly kind and thoughtful words. Customer is also an intersting and educated person. One correction: our charge is $50 an hour for two people, with a two-hour minimum, rather than just a one hour minimum.

All Service Moving

Oregon, California, Arizona, Washington locations. Award winning Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. We provide the best trained and highest quality service on the West Coast. Featured on the front page of the Oregonian. Winners of the American Moving & Storage Association Enterprise award! Highest rated company on Yelp and Google. The only actual certified GREEN moving company by the sustainability association; All Service Moving provides professional household and commercial relocation services. Our crews are well trained, drug tested and background checked. We specialize in large homes/offices and challenging situations. ASM provides a specialty long distance moving service that you can not find anywhere else. We also move pianos and provide storage and equipment to meet your needs. We do not use day labor and we provide an efficient and high quality service. Let us impress you.

2022 Super Service Award

Redefyne Moving & Storage

Competitive pricing, trustworthy service. Our company is a full service moving and storage team that will follow out your job personally, the entire way through. Our team is professional, skilled, and attentive. With the ability to provide free on site estimates in the local Portland area, as well as being capable of full residential and commercial moves. Packing material available upon request.

Offers by Redefyne Moving & Storage on Angi
    PDX Movers, LLC

We are here to do the heavy lifting! Whether its for you business or your home, we can help move you in or out! We cater to the greater Portland area in local moving services, but have a nationwide reach for long distance moves. We have our own on-site storage to support any need for indefinite, in-transit or short term storage needs. Call or click today to get a fast, easy and free all-inclusive quote.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by PDX Movers, LLC on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, American Express, Discover

We are a labor service offering help with the loading and unloading of moving trucks and other storage options into or out of your home. We help with all aspects of the process including furniture assembly/disassembly, packing/unpacking of boxes, and appliance hookup. Although we do not list ourselves as piano movers we are comfortable moving upright pianos when a few steps or less are involved.

Our official designation is a "pack and loader." This means, essentially, that we are not licensed to provide any vehicle for the move. Also, our insurance agent tells us not to drive trucks for our customers.