Appliance & Refrigeration Hospital

Founded 1947 • With Angi since May 2005

4.3

Family owned & operated. Authorized and certified on most brands. Family owned and operated since 1947, Appliance & Refrigeration Hospital is dedicated to providing HONEST, REASONABLE, RELIABLE and REPUTABLE service to our customers. We are factory authorized for over 50 quality brands of products. Our technicians average over 18 years of technical experience and are continually updated on the latest product innovations from factory trainers. Our support team averages over 15 years of experience in the appliance industry and is dedicated to answer your questions and schedule your prompt service appointment. ...

Knapp's Service & Appliance Repair LLC

Knapp's Service & Appliance Repair LLC is your best bet for quality appliance repairs in Portland. We offer appliance repair for fridges, dishwashers, washing machines, and more. We're licensed and insured for home appliance repair, and we have 14 years of experience in our industry. You can trust us for expert workmanship and professional customer service.

All Tech Appliance Service

All Tech Appliance Service is a family owned, technician managed service company. Our goal is complete customer satisfaction and we will do our best to resolve your appliance issues to keep you as one of our customers. We have two full time technicians who are all paid employees of the company as we do not use contract or leased workers. We are licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection, and we offer discounts to Angie's List members. For quickest response time, please call 503-762-1427 or email service@alltechappliance.com

Neli Virtual Appliance Repair

Offers by Neli Virtual Appliance Repair on Angi

03/21/2021

The freezer part of our 30 year old Sub Zero refrigerator stopped working. Two different professionals advised us to call Appliance & Refrigeration Hospital. I called and they were able to schedule Dr. Grant to come out the next day. He arrived on time and was professional, efficient and nice. It was obvious Dr. Grant knew what he was doing. He explained to us that we had a 30 year old refrigerator/freezer and we were having problems that occur with a unit that old. Dr. Grant gave us a detailed explanation of what could be done to fix the unit although that would likely be a temporary fix and why. We had a discussion regarding the pros and cons of a repair that may not last versus the option of purchasing a new unit. Dr. Grant gave us all the information we needed to make an informed decision and clearly had our best interests in mind. For the call he only charged us $109. They provided excellent service from start to finish and we would not hesitate to call them again. I give them a high recommendation.

Description of Work
Evaluation of why our Sub Zero freezer in the refrigerator stopped working

Category appliance repair

Thank you for your review... .We're happy [Member Name Removed] did a good job for you and we truly appreciate your business!

11/25/2020

This business is the only certified Sub Zero repair company in the Portland Metro area and so, we are forced to use them. I have never had good service from them, but the last time, the tech showed up 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment window. It was a Friday and he refused to wait for me to arrive home. I had already taken the day off work to be home for this repair. I called the office to ask for him to return and they refused stating they would have to reschedule in two weeks! Unacceptable. Thankfully Sub Zero has excellent customer service and they made Appliance Hospital send a tech back out to service my refrigerator immediately. If you can use a different company, I would strongly suggest you do!

Description of Work
Sub Zero repair

Category appliance repair

Yes....we were 30 minutes early because we are working our team a quickly and hard as possible to serve as many customers as we can as we work through unpresented volume during this pandemic time. The technician that serves Ms. [Member Name Removed] is one of the best in the country and we are disappointed to know Ms. [Member Name Removed] is unhappy with his performance. Intermittent issues are sometimes difficult to locate, but our technician found a food item blocking the door closure. We believe this was the only issue to resolve the temperature fluctuation and trust the product is now performing properly. Steve

09/01/2020

Great! Now home insurance to repair the floor

Description of Work
Hose on dishwasher

Category appliance repair

We appreciate your business!

08/31/2020

Mysteriously, the pan was filling with water, leading to the dishwasher stopping work. Doug's first visit was thorough and he suspected the filter plugging up was the problem. The problem recurred however and Doug spent over an hour observing the entire cycle and finally caught the problem: a pistachio nut shell in the drainage tube was leading to intermittent back flow! Problem solved and he did not even charge for the second visit. Very careful, intelligent diagnostic work up

Description of Work
Repair of Dishwasher

04/07/2020

Don't even think of using these people. Had a problem with my Whirlpool dryer. Called Whirlpool, figured out the very likely cause of the problem, and they scheduled me with ARH. That was at 10 AM. About 4 PM I called ARH just to confirm the appointment for the following day. After 10 minutes, the scheduler could not find the appointment. When I let her know it was done through Whirlpool, she said she needed to check with the other scheduler, who handles all the Whirlpool scheduling. After another 5 minutes on hold, she comes to say that tomorrow's appointment can't be honored because they don't bother to look at Whirlpool requests for 24 hours. Tomorrow's slot that Whirlpool scheduled for me was no longer available. Huh? The earliest they could come would be another 2 days. What time I asked. Scheduler could not say - I would have to be available all day between 8 and 4. Whirlpool had scheduled a 4 hour window with ARH. I asked why the ARH scheduler couldn't do the same. She replied that they would call me the night before with a 4 hour window. And you thought Comcast was bad? Really? Whirlpool feeds you clients and you don't bother to follow up until you've filled the time slot you told Whirlpool you had? Unprofessional in the extreme. I imagine their repair skills are the same. Just stay away. As for price, I didn't pay anything. Instead, I found someone else. However, I note that the price for the initial service call from ARH was 25% higher than the company I've got coming out now.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Category appliance repair

We are aware of your scheduling conflict and have implored the manufacturer to repair the scheduling interface so that we get accurate information from you the customer! The manufacturer is working on an emergency basis from their homes and not all is functions are current. The system did not function by uploading information to us and why you were not in our system to make the appointment.

12/19/2018

Don't hire these guys. They caused thousands of dollars in damages to my kitchen and refused to take responsibility. They came out to repair a dishwasher. The problem was a broken water intake valve. The time from the valve breaking to them coming to repair was 10 days. The technician pointed out that our dishwasher has a pan to catch water leaking from exactly this type of problem, and no water had ever appeared under the dishwasher or on our floor before he arrived. After his first diagnostic visit (he didn't repair it on the first visit), I returned home hours later to a flood of standing water in my kitchen that extended underneath cabinets where it could not all be mopped up. It wasn't an ongoing leak, but the damage to my hardwood floors from him spilling water and not cleaning it up was extensive -- they are warped and buckled and ruined. It took me over a week and about 8 phone calls to get a supervisor to call me back and when he finally did he was rude and dismissive and refused to own up to the damage his technician caused. He tried to blame it on the broken valve, and wouldn't listen to reason that there had been no standing water for 10 days, and that his technician explicitly pointed out that the pan had caught all the leak. Shameful. I understand that things happen and sometimes people screw up, but part of being an adult is owning up to your mistakes and being honest. Not this company. I called them for a $300 repair and ended up $3000 in the hole.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Category appliance repair

Unfortunately, we found a failed part with video showing the failure and the fact that the flooring had already become damaged from the leak. We have offered our diagnosis and assistance to make a claim with the manufacturer for the part defect, but Mr. [Member Name Removed] does not agree. We also have the defective part proving the liability is with the part and not our service. Our technician was aware enough to turn off the water after our initial visit. We are trusting the insurance company will find where the liability will need to be directed.

05/23/2018

Came out to see what was wrong with refrigerator and give estimate as needed. Said water filter okay. Seeemed to work fine after tech left but didn’t change water filter until 3 months later. Problem back again. They won’t send a tech back out to look at water filter again with no charge - even though clearly there is still a problem - because after 60 days when they first made service call. Ridiculous. This isn’t a black and white issue...problem still exists...so why should I have to pay 99$ for someone to come back out? Horrible ethics.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair and estimate

Category appliance repair

The [Member Name Removed]'s elected to not repair the product after our initial diagnosis! We guarantee our work, but none was performed. We are not able to guarantee work that was not performed.

05/16/2018

Technician was skilled, and pleasant, however the job only took about 25 to 30 minutes, but I was charged $202 for labor. He did discount the part by 10% (I guess) to help out. Not sure if I would call them again, the price seems high, total bill was $336.00.

Description of Work
part replaced in ice maker.

02/06/2018

I just found out a few days ago that back in 2013, before the technician fixed the problem, he asked for the receipt & assured me the problem was a recall and the service will be covered by the manufacturer. I got the bill and called to verified what the technician had told me, and the matter was closed so I thought until I needed them to come fix another appliance last week. They said they will NOT come service anything in my household because of a $250 unpaid bill! I was SHOCKED, I have NEVER had an unpaid bill, and after I found out what the reason was, I was more shocked. Asking to talk to a supervisor got me nowhere, he said because they had to write off my bill, they can't come for any service anymore. They didn't take responsibility of the error from their technician and treat me as if I am in the wrong! I also filed a complaint to the manufacturer to seek other service companies to warrant their products!

Description of Work
Clothes Dryer

Category appliance repair

We respectfully request that this review be removed from our profile. We have not served this customer since July of 2013 where the manufacturer rejected a claim for warranty as the part we replaced was not under the 7 year extended warranty. There is no recall for the items we replaced and we had referred Ms. [Member Name Removed] to the manufacturer to resolve. Ms. [Member Name Removed] did not resolve the issue with the manufacturer and refused to pay for our services...we ultimately wrote off the charges and have turned down a resent service request until the charges could be resolved. Ms. [Member Name Removed] maintains she does not owe for the service provided. Steve

01/23/2018

Tech said the refrigerator was toast, but fixed the microwave - there were four parts resembling fuses you'd find in your house breakers. The tech changed them out in about 30 minutes and said parts were $12 each vs. more than double the cost to get them from the manufacturer. The total bill was for over $300, putting his time at around $262 if we round up to an hours worth of work. It would have taken anyone in my house that amount of time to google it and fix it, and we would have saved money buying OEM parts. Their customer service after we called them on it was terrible - both in timeliness and the fact that they stood by their pricing. They even went so far as to recommend we use a more reasonable vendor in the future.

Description of Work
We needed them to assess our non-working microwave and fix if possible. We also had them look at our refrigerator for the same purposes.

Category appliance repair,small appliance repair

We were called out on 2 appliances for Ms. [Member Name Removed]. The Viking microwave did not heat and our technician arrived and removed the product from the installation. Diagnosed melted contacts in the door switches, provided an estimate to replace which was approved. Our technician replaced all 4 door switches ($38.40; $9.51 each), with the diagnosis and labor charge of $234.00 totaling $272.00. We found only 2 switches melted but replaced all switches for safety reasons. We do stand by our charges being fair and reasonable. There are certainly parts available online that my be cheaper, but we always wish to provide the best in quality. We also provided an evaluation of a garage refrigeration at the cost of $30. We always wish to provide value and expertise during the service experience and hope our customers find satisfaction in our service provided. Steve

Appliance repair.