Americhoice Contractors LLC

Founded 1997 • With Angi since November 2005

4.3

6614 SE 74TH AVE

Portland, OR 97206

Owner operated. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. May contact through email....

06/23/2016

David W.

UNBELIEVABLY RUDE, DEEPLY UNPROFESSIONAL. I just got off the phone with Chad Westover, owner of this business. I was attempting to schedule an inspection for a tile roof. Mr. Westover, who had earlier sent an invoice for $200 before doing any work, immediately cut me off, yelling "Can't you read?" "Why are you calling me?" "I need you to try harder". For a moment, I thought he was joking, or speaking to someone else. Nope. This, I now see from other reviews, appears to be Chad's standard communication style with potential clients. I have no problem paying a professional for his time and expertise, and was fully prepared to do so today. But Mr. Westover's behavior on the phone today was literally the opposite of customer service -- toxic, rude, and patronizing. I will be sharing my experience with the BBB, as well. YUCK.

Description of Work
Tile Roof Estimate

08/05/2015

DARIN G.

These guys are VERY thorough and do a truly great job. All of my neighbors think we installed a new cedar roof (I'm not kidding!)! They cleaned, repaired, replaced (where needed), and coated/sealed the whole roof, it's good as new.

Description of Work
cedar shake roof repair and coating

Category roofing,roof cleaning

11/12/2014

SARAH G.

I am very disappointed with my experience with this company. Whether they are called Americhoice, The Portland Roofers, or 503-NEW-ROOF or whatever, they are a scam and provide dishonest estimates. Watch out for this guy Chad Westover, he's not a reputable guy to do business with. Upon requesting a quote, Chad called to make an appointment. I don't mind meeting contractors about a potential job, but I was surprised that he wanted a FULL HOUR to present his product. He was available to come by on a weekend, so I was ok to talk to him about the project. It turned out to be a sales pitch for GAF roofing products. He and his young assistant tried to sell me on this product, and from the start I could see right through their game. Their bid came in super high, much higher than the 4 other companies I contacted. It was around $11,000 for the full tear off roof project, and my house is not even 800 sqft!! I politely waited through the hour, and finally they left. A week later, Chad left me a message about a smoking deal on shingles, and he could drop the price a $1000. I didn't respond. A week after that, his young assistant called me saying "I know you're a single homeowner with many financial responsibilities, and I think Chad's initial quote was a bit high. We want to help, and could reduce your cost to about $8000." Um, are you kidding me? You think people don't see right through this scam you're playing? When I call on companies for an estimate, I expect an honest fair price, the first time. I'm not playing games, and I'm not interested in wasting anyone's time, especially mine, and I have a whole lot of experience getting bids and asking questions, and I'll contact as many companies as I need to to get the right answers and the right price. I am certainly not interested in working with a company who "feels out" how much money I can pay them, and apparently it doesn't even relate to the cost of their materials or labor. It's a dishonest approach to a pretty straightfoward bidding process, and a relatively simple project. So glad I saw trusted my instincts and found a more reputable company, who did a great job for a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Asked for an estimate for new roof shingles, and possible tear-off project.

11/12/2012

Steve L.

I was extatic on the new roof that they installed. They showed me the most samples of roofing material and the work was done exactly as predicted and the craftsmanship was 10 out of 10.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof for me.

07/15/2011

Julie H.

I was expecting to have the moss cleaned off of my roof. I purchased a Deal of the Day special price of $200 from $400 for roof cleaning and called this company beforehand to confirm that moss would be removed from my roof. The representative I spoke with on the phone assured me that it would be. That did not happen. I was not at home on the day that they came, but all I saw was that some powder to kill moss had been applied. I called to asked about the moss removal and was told that I needed to wait a few weeks for the stuff to work. The guy said he'd return to make sure. He drove by some days later and called me to say the moss killer was working. I shared (again) my concern that no moss had been removed, and that was what I was expecting when I paid for the service. He said that I got what I paid for because I only paid $200, and that if I wanted the moss removed they could do it for more money. I told him that the $200 I'd paid was supposed to be 40% off of a $400 service. I told him that I thought his deal sounded like a bait-and-switch. I reminded him that it was someone from his company who'd told me the moss would be removed. The response I received was that he needed to tell his staff not to say that. No accountability was taken for their mistake. This was unacceptable to me and I would not recommend this vendor or employ them again.

Description of Work
Moss powder was applied to my roof. A representative said that they also cleaned my gutters.

06/20/2011

ELISE K.

We had a wonderful experience with Chad Westover and his company. We were buying a home with a cedar shake roof and the appraiser said that as a condition of the sale we needed to have the roof replaced prior to closing (there was a lot of moss on it). The seller was not going to pay for the new roof so we got bids on roof replacement costs. Chad told us that if we did some minor repairs and cleaned and treated the roof that it would last us for several years. Several other contractors told us similar things but Chad really seemed like the authority on roof care and his bid was slightly less than the others as well. He really impressed us with his integrity, professionalism and prompt response to our needs (we were in a time crunch with the closing date coming soon). If it weren't for Chad saving the day with the roof, I think we might have lost out on getting our home (the appraiser ended up signing off on the work that Chad did and the loan went through). We are planning to hire Americhoice to come back and treat the roof which will make it last many more years. I would definitely recommend Americhoice!

Description of Work
Minor roof repairs, replacement of some cedar shakes, and cleaning of roof.

06/11/2011

Jacob S.

I had a remodeling done of the front living spaces of my home with a big focus on my kitchen. Americhoice came in, gave me the best overall bid (which I overshot, but basically its was things that popped up after getting into some things, which i completely expected - and they also warned me to have approx 20% extra around just in case) and then just performed a fantastic job. Something that I really appreciated was that they offered opinions and extra direction...which was very welcome and I think gave more depth to the project. I am definitely happy with the work and have already talked to them about a small scale future project that I am thinking of doing. They want to be that one stop shop for your needs, call them for the big or small projects you have and in my case they have definitely delivered. Hope this helps.

Description of Work
Ripped up tile floor and carpet Removed all old cabinetsRemoved soffet (i have pretty short ceilings and wanted to get some extra space back) Moved wall Moved plumbing for sink approx 6 feet Redid all lighting in Kitchen, dining room and living room put down hardwood floors dropped extra circuit for TV and component gear fixed some wiring issues that i didnt know existed and rebalanced some of the load.

Category electrician,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

12/06/2010

Kieran C.

They did a couple of extra things without having to be asked. They really cleaned up after themselves. I was very, very impressed.

Description of Work
They installed valley flashing for us. They worked on tile roofs.

08/18/2010

Scott B.

Chad Westover is the guy we dealt with. The price was reasonable. They were efficient and friendly.

Description of Work
We used Americhoice Contractors to clean the roof and gutters.

Category gutter cleaning,roof cleaning

01/04/2010

Scott B.

The roof looks a lot better, and the gutters are much cleaner. Chad even let me use his pressure washer while he wasn't there (he had to leave it overnight) to clean my deck/patio. A couple of tiles got broken in the process of cleaning, but Chad replaced those. There was a lot of moss, but Chad was able to get it all removed and my house/roof look much better.

Description of Work
Chad came out and cleaned (pressure washed) my cement tile roof. He cleaned all the moss off of the roof and out of the gutters. He also resealed some of the gutters.

M M Concrete Construction

RSS Remodeling LLC

RSS Remodeling LLC is an owner operated home renovation firm located in North Portland. We gladly accept projects large and small. From window replacement to complete remodels. Whenever possible we purchase materials and subcontract within the local area and support local businesses. RSS strives to support the practice of recycling and salvaging materials for our projects. Our goal is to leave every client satisfied with not only a great finished product by also the knowledge to take on small home repaires themselves (if they so wish). We have a large client base with references readily available upon request. As always estimates are free. I am unable to accept credit cards at this time. I do offer first time client discounts.

Cut No Corners Painting LLC

Our honest and reliable employees are enjoyable and easy to work with. We are a Clean and Sober company with considerate and respectful workers who understand the investment that you are making in your home or business. You can directly reach us at 503-380-2347. No travel charges. Or license number: ccb178116. WA license number: cutnonc95oke.

Roof, gutter & window cleaning, gutter guard installation, power washing, concrete finishing, stone & brick masonry, roof repair & replacement, painting & staining, building fencing & decks.