American Plumbing Services LP

Founded 1995 • With Angi since July 2005

5623 SE Center St

Portland, OR 97206

Award winning. Cost is determined by the job. Additional contact name - Brian Johnston, Anthony Johnston. Local family owned.

05/08/2019

James B.

Very friendly service. Great working with them again!

Description of Work
finding a leak

10/11/2018

Aida K.

I've used them this year. The service is good.

Description of Work
Clogged drain in the bathroom.

06/18/2018

Stu N.

Very well and timely. Explained the problem and all costs.

Description of Work
Leaking drain bowl attachment.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a report. We wish you Happy Plumbing!

04/22/2018

Nancy C.

excellent - work performed satisfactorily and on time

Description of Work
fix leaking toilet

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you so much for the work.

04/22/2018

Eric F.

For a basic plumbing repair like kitchen sink garbage disposal replacement, I expected everything to be smooth and easy -- and it was. I scheduled a time a few days out, Victor came on time, was pleasant and professional, completing the job with no surprises. I wouldn't hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
Garbage Disposal Replaced

Category plumbing

We all thank you for taking the time to leave a message so that other clients will be comfortable using us. We wish you Happy Plumbing.

04/11/2018

MICHAEL S.

Fine. Ryan came up with a creative and less expensive solution to my copper drain pipe repair. He used a rubber elbow instead of the multiple copper angles and soldering. My only criticism was that he called about five minutes prior the appointment to verify and say he was five minutes away, but he didn't show for another 45 minutes. I had surgery later that morning, so it could have been a squeaker. His solution saved us time and trouble, however.

Description of Work
Under-sink pipe leak -- probably corrosion

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We will add this constructive criticism to our next review with the guys.

04/06/2018

michael K.

Called them this morning and the owner answers super (friendly and very helpful )and said would have a person there by 1:30 today and would bring parts and an extra Hot water heater so if my old one was not savable. Viktor arrived amazing customer servis and also very friendly he change out the bad part and all working for now . will use them again Thank you

Description of Work
Hot water heater was not working properly .

Category water heater repair

We Love serving the community, thank you so much for having us out.

04/03/2018

Frank H.

Professional, personable and efficient.

Description of Work
clogged kitchen sink drain. Clog was more than 15 feet beyond goose neck fitting.

Category plumbing

If it's plumbing we do it!! Thank you for calling on us and your review.

02/12/2018

PENNY S.

Great! He found a roof leak and assured me there were no sink or shower leaks.

Description of Work
Leak in shower pan

Category plumbing

Our entire Staff thanks you for taking the time to leave a review.

01/15/2018

Karen M.

It didn’t. The individual that called wanted to meet and discuss what he thought was a better product than what I had.. Told him it sounded like he was wanting to sell me another product. push And he commented that he had been doing this for twenty years. Wasted my time since a consultation was not what I was asking for. He was not Interested in doing what I needed.

Description of Work
I purchased a pelican water filtration system and needed someone to help install. Was a little bit bigger project than anticipated.

Category handyman service, plumbing

We have checked our records and don't see you in our system. I also checked with my staff and we haven't recalled a conversation like this one. We don't sell any one specific water filtration system. We always defer to the client to choose a filtration system that works for their needs and then we install it. My name is Tony, I own the shop and will be more than happy to work with your plumbing needs directly if you desire to give me a call. We wish you Happy Plumbing :)

01/08/2018

Dorothy B.

I had two other quotes and this one was in the middle, and they had good reviews here, so I picked it. I had to wait a few weeks as they were busy, but Victor came in and did the work all within less than a day. Charge was a little over half of the quote! Pipe was replaced with new PVC (?) pipe, new toilet was installed, and older toilet has a new seal. He had to move the new toilet forward from where the old one was a couple inches, but all worked out well. Quote I received from the other plumber I had been using came in almost 4 times what I ended up paying for almost exactly the same thing. (The old one wanted to do some more pipe connections for another $400, but Victor said it didn't need replacing. APS is now my go to plumbing service - I have an older house so I am sure I will see them again!

Description of Work
Needed a new toilet installed, another toilet that was leaking reset, and a cast iron flange and sewer pipe replaced. We had a broken flange and the old pipe had a non-leaking crack in it.

Category plumbing

Yowza!!! That sounds a lot more like the kinda guys I work with. We thank you for the work and wish you Happy Plumbing :)

12/22/2017

Diana L.

Like working with them, we've returned for additional services over 4 years.

Description of Work
Old House Plumbing Repairs

Category plumbing

We Love Repeat clients!!! We need you as much as you need us. Thank you for the work!!!

11/30/2017

Veronica H.

The hose bib no longer leaks. The shower had rust clogging the hot water valve, which was removed providing much greater hot water flow. Since the drip in the shower isn't much and couldn't be fixed without cutting into the shower wall and I decided I'll take care of that in the future when the shower is replaced. And, now I know how to turn off the water to the house and was able to find and purchase the wrench for doing so. Thank you for the excellent and professional service.

Description of Work
Hose bib and shower were both dripping. I also wanted to know how to shut off the water to the house, what the tool looks like, and where to buy it.

Category plumbing

This job is a great example of a little effort and just a little money can fix things right up :) Thank you so much for the work.

11/27/2017

AMY M.

You have to wait a bit to get them, but Victor was on time and efficient and smart. Their hourly rate is a bit high, but they don't have trip charges and it works out fine. They are my new go to plumbers.

Description of Work
They repiped a shower, fixed two leaking clawfoot tubs, and replaced a sink trap.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for the feed back :)

11/06/2017

Gray R.

Technician was not qualified on this equipment.

Description of Work
I needed a water pump in my jet tub replaced.

Category plumbing

We do not work on jetted tubs on the "jetted" parts but took a risk on your behalf because you couldn't get any one else out to work with this issue. We hope you have resolved your tub issue.

11/01/2017

melissa E.

Wonderful! I called last week to set an appointment, but they were booked until today. I was given a 2 hour window and was told that Wade would call a half hour before coming out. He did, and arrived a half hour later. He got right to work. He needed to run up and down the steps from the shower to the bedroom many times and he is quick! He worked consistently for 2 hours and got the job done. Fast, efficient and polite.

Description of Work
Pea trap and some other plumbing needed to be replaced from under a shower causing a leak in the ceiling below.

10/30/2017

kristin N.

this is my second review. I am totally confused by this company. If I could add to my first review I would. This is what happened: I contacted them to come out to a rental property to fix a run on toilet. They came out and I was told the toilet was fixed. When I received the bill months later it had been sent through my lawyer of my trust even though I had given them my address, they went online to find the owner of the property etc. So they did not keep a record of my address or phone number that I had given them. (this ties in later). On the bill it said, leaky faucet. I called them and said I wish they had called me when they were AT the property as there is always a fee to just show up - they could have fixed the faucet WHILE they were there. Tony (or Kyle, but I think it was tony) said so sorry and he would go back out and fix it and even throw in the faucet (that he has at the office) to make that up to me. I said well, thank you but will it fit that old sink? He said to email photos of the sink. I did. I then emailed many more times and called many times and never heard back. So I came in to angies list to right my first review. THEN Tony called. He apoligized and told me how many properties they manage well and they wanted to make it up to me. I had by this time ordered the correct faucet so they went out to install it at no charge. They sent a "bill" for $750 (but no charge) and it showed many other items they did for free that were kind of vague to me but I am not a plumber - like teaching the tenants how to use the kitchen faucet without it making a humming noise (I didnt know it did that or why). But I thought ok, good. It's all fixed. Then I emailed them again months later and reported that there was a leak in the basement and I sent photos of the leak of the pipes above the clothes washing machine to be very clear what work needed to be done. Tony wrote me back about what he suspects the leak in the basement is from and an estimate on the cost to clean out that pipe etc - I agreed and CC-ed my new (second floor) tenant so they could work out when to go back out and get access to basement. THEN my new tenant informs me the toilet is leaking. I check in with previous tenant and say, I thought that was fixed? - and I was informed "partly, the plumbers had said they'd come back out with some chain part but never did" - I reported this to Tony and said, while you are there can you also finish up the work on the toilet upstairs. He arranges a time with my tenant. I get the bill and it charges me again $175 to fix the toilet (now third time working in that bathroom and I was charged for the visit and the work twice but whatever, hopefully now the toilet is finally fixed once and for all). THEN i get the bill and it only mentions the toilet repair. No mention of the reason I had emailed tony - about the leak in the basement. I pull up the email to Tony and his response and send it to him and say, what about the lack in the basement?. - AND HIS RESPONSE IS: "The tenant didn’t mention anything and I personally entered your last service call to make sure we didn’t screw up" - I said, scroll down in this very email! He then offered to go back out and check the leak in the basement now. So three trips to fix the toilet. Got other random free stuff and now I have to call them out AGAIN to check the leak in the basement that has been now going for 2 months...What more can i do to be clear? I honestly think they are trying to do a good job but have ZERO office staff and their communication lines in the office and also between the office and the men on the site are terrible. They have no communication with the guys they send out there. I'd LOVE to find a reliable plumber but I don't know how to help them anymore. I literally can't be any clearer. UPDATE: One year later the toilet was not working AGAIN. Some issues. It was never fixed. I called Sutherland Plumbing and Shawn replaced the toilet. UGH.

Description of Work
leaky toilet, faucet and pipe in basement.

10/04/2017

Wink G.

Wade came and explained our options. We decided he should open up the ceiling to see what the problem was. Tightened loose clamp. Appears to have fixed the problem.

Description of Work
Leaky toilet drain pipe.

Category plumbing

Our entire staff thanks you for work :)

07/25/2017

Sally B.

Victor called half hour ahead, came on time, took out toilet in minutes, discovered it needed a 10" instead of the 12" I bought and had ready. Evidently, can't tell until you pull the toilet. I was able to return toilet & get right size same day. I talked to the office & he arranged to have Victor come at the end of the day. I was thrilled! I was so grateful that the office guy, who was covering for schedulers vacation, I think is actually the boss. Toilet was put in super fast and works like a dream. Old one wasn't leaking, evidently, better aim is needed! I would definitely use them again. Professional, responsive and human! (cost includes 2 service calls)

Description of Work
We needed a new toilet put in. My husband thought it was leaking & it was getting plugged all the time anyway.

Category plumbing

We sure like to hear this kind of success. We try to work every angle we can to create a great service call experience for all of our clients. We wish you Happy Plumbing :)

06/08/2017

John M.

It was were very good, did a great job. I’d call them again. They were right there on time. They knew what they were doing and answered all my questions again. I asked them a lot of questions just to see if they knew what they were doing. They were right on it. They were very good.

Description of Work
They had two guys and they came out and put 2 new sinks in our bathroom.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for the work. Even know this was a smaller type of job, we are a training facility. We have turned out a lot of journeyman plumbers in the lase 22 years. We wish you happy plumbing :)

06/01/2017

JANET R.

The representative from American Plumbing Services was on time, knowledgable and efficient. I needed the plumbing work at the specific time of our scheduled appointment and American Plumbing did not disappoint us.

Description of Work
I needed to have a gas pipe to my barbecue re-routed.

05/19/2017

kristin N.

I tired to hire them again and again and again... So, a guy showed up and fixed the leaky toilet. Then a long time later I get a bill that states there is a leaky faucet too. So I called and asked why he didn't call me while the guy was there? Kyle says, sorry about that. and offers to go back out and fix it for very cheap. he says he needs a photo of the fixture and to email it to him. I do this twice. I call three more times. Its been 2 months now of a leaky faucet. And no one ever gets back to me. They have just decided to drop me. They seem to have NO reliable office staff? They also sent me the bill through my lawyer and the trust that they searched for online??? Instead of just using the address i gave them or calling me. It seems to be very unorganized. I don't get it. this is a rental and I'd have used them for the rest of my life if they just bothered to return calls FOR WORK. Weird. And a drag I have to now try to find another plumber.

Description of Work
a leaky faucet needed to be addressed.

Category plumbing

We reviewed this clients response and we know we can do so much better. So I will call them and work out a happy compromise for our slower communications. We need your work!!!

05/15/2017

Edie B.

fine - it took him 5 minutes and I had to pay for an hour . . .

Description of Work
toilet unplugged

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We do charge a one hour minimum, but no drive time or truck charges. We look forward to help you with your plumbing any time.

05/10/2017

Peter G.

It went really well! The valve I bought had a problem and they came back out to adapt to it. they arrived exactly on time (on short notice) and finished exactly when they expected.

Description of Work
remove old shower plumbing and put in new PEX plumbing and valve.

Category plumbing

Our entire staff thanks you for your response :) We wish you happy plumbing :)

05/09/2017

michael M.

Mike was great and we were so grateful that he knew where the shut off valve was located so we could get water back to the house. We are using the company to replace the broken line. Very impressed with his knowledge and advice. Will continue to use American Plumbing in the future

Description of Work
We had a tree some down in our backyard and took out a water line to our irrigation system.We were in New York when this happened and I called American plumbing to come out when we returned, Our neighbor shut off water supply to the house so we had no water when we returned. Mike from American plumbing knew where the shut off for the outside line was located and took care of the problem The company will return to put in a new line and outside bib

Category plumbing

Thank you for leaving a review for us. We wish you Happy Plumbing :)

Cornel's Plumbing

Call to schedule today! At Cornel's Plumbing, we take pride in being locally owned and operated. With over 30+ years of plumbing experience under our belts, we have extensive knowledge & experience of both Plumbing and sewer replacement and service! We get the job done right the first time, and strive to bring our customers only the best service. We are always on time, always leave the location cleaner than we found it, and will find a solution for any plumbing need!

Artscape - Northwest Hardscape

We specialize in all phases of landscaping, hardscaping, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

PDX Sewer Solutions, LLC

We are a female, minority owned company, specializing in sewer repairs, replacements, and all sewer related services. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the very best in service, installation, and repair for all phases of your sewer needs. We have industry experience since 1990 and we created our own company in 1994. We specialize in a variety of residential and commercial services and take pride in the attention to detail put into each of the projects we're involved with. We're known for our quality work and the integrity of our business. We look forward to building long-term relationships with our clients, and guarantee your satisfaction.

Award 2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Plumbing, Drain cleaning, Backflow Testing, Water heaters. Kitchen & bathroom installations.

Sewer mains from street to house.