We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Alternative Surfaces

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2009

PO Box 42410

Portland, OR 97242

Alternative Surfaces use only the highest quality, commercial grade coatings on the market – providing superior durability and finish over conventional coatings, for a floor that is long lasting and easy to maintain. For discerning customers looking to create spaces that look and feel good, our

06/24/2020

Richard L.

This company is awesome. Very communicative, responsive, ethical, on time and even went the extra mile when it appeared some bubbles appeared. They came back immediately, re-sanded the floor and put another coat on. The floor looks fabulous and I will definitely recommend them to anyone else looking for this service and of course, these people will be the only company I use in the future. Thank you David and all of your employees for such great service and great work. AWESOME

Description of Work
Garage floor refinished with Poly-Urea

Category flooring contractor, floor cleaning, epoxy flooring

10/31/2016

Christian B.

Exceptionally good service. In a large home remodel project Dave has ended up being the best contractor we have used so far. He came on time to give the estimate, provided the most detailed quote with details of contract, checked in a couple of days ahead of the install, showed up the day before the install to make sure there would be no surprises, and the work performed is of exceptional quality. One minor SNAFU with expectations for finish gloss was handled professionally and with a focus on the solution, not the problem. All in he and his team set the bar for professionalism and quality of work. Also, his rates, which not the cheapest, are definitely competitive, and the work is of incredible quality. Modest premium in price, definite premium in quality!

Description of Work
Repaired and resurfaced basement floors

04/07/2016

Arlene H.

Description of Work
Prepped and coated garage floor and stem walls. Everything was as promised. Top notch job. Not inexpensive, but well worth the investment.

02/15/2016

Aaron M.

Very professional and responsive. Guy's who came to do the work new my name and were very friendly and did a great job.

Description of Work
Garage floor Coating

09/09/2015

RC B.

Description of Work
Applied polyaspartic acid coating to 700sqft garage floor. Price seemed a bit high. However responsiveness and professionalism was excellent and the work done was outstanding.

Category concrete repair, epoxy flooring

06/24/2015

Robert Y.

Went very well. The crew showed up at about 7:30 as promised. They were courteous and professional in their approach and workmanship. They kept things clean and cleaned up at the end. The results are excellent. They left instructions for ongoing cleaning and care of the floor.

Description of Work
Garage floor surfacing

Category floor cleaning, epoxy flooring

06/22/2015

DAN W.

Description of Work
I spoke with Evan about doing the Garage Floor in a new place we just purchased. They do a full broadcast with either 1/8" or 1/4" chips at around $4.50 per sqft. This includes surface prep, epoxy coating, chip broadcast, followed by a clear coat protection on top. They can do this in about one day for a normal garage. Our garage is just under 700sqft so I knew cost was going to be around $3k. Yes, much more than those $150-$300 do it yourself options. Of course with you don't get surface prep or the full broadcast. For chips Alternative Surfaces offers around 8 options. If you want more you can visit Chips Unlimited Blend Library and select your color all the way down to 1/32" size. This would cost about an extra 10% (200-400$). The reason is they reuse their chips so a special order would result in a bit of waste--we are talking about perhaps 50-100lbs or so of chips. Evan was nice enough to give a referral to a garage they had done--I checked it out and was satisfied with the work. The owner was likewise happy with results and wouldn't hesitate to use Evan again. Unfortunately my timing was off--I didn't think I could get what I wanted done in time nor were the 8 color options what I wanted so I went with a competitor which actually runs a shade cheaper. I communicated several times with Evan via phone and E-mail. He was always quick to respond and follow-up. If we ever do this again or need some concrete coloring done and are not pressed for time I'll definitely get in touch with Evan.

05/18/2015

rick B.

I expected and believed I had been sold a resurfacing solution that would be clean, smooth and better than the century-old concrete floor we started with. The final product is prone to water staining; it's coarse, nearly impossible to sweep and not level. This means that water pools where it didn't before and, where the water pools, the new surface corrodes and stains. When I contacted Alternative Surfaces for remedial action, I was told that there was little that could be done and that I'd have to wait several months while all my stuff waited in storage. Overall, extremely disappointing in every way.

Description of Work
Refinish garage floor

04/09/2015

BERNARD F.

Great, we started the project during a recent Home Show. Evan came the house and submitted to us a proposal. We set up an appointment for them to install the floor on April 6th. We received a message early the week before telling us that the crew would be there at 7 AM. They were there on time. Took them about four hours to remove the old floor cover, diamond grind the existing concrete, install the base coat and vinyl chips which gave the floor it's texture. They left for about three hours while the base coat dried. When they returned the covered the vinyl chips with the Polyaspartic covering. They told us to let this dry for about three hours and left about 6 PM The next morning, right at 7 AM, they returned to reinstalled all the closet doors, and move the washer and dryer back into place. This took about two hours. The floor looks wonderful and probably will outlive the house

Description of Work
Removed old floor covering, prepare the concrete floor and installed a UV stable Polyaspartic floor covering. Also included moving and replacing the washer and dryer

02/19/2015

Beatrice C.

Description of Work
Evan came out to give my company a quote for a flooring project in our TV studio. He was very knowledgeable in the different types of flooring options and he gave me a written quote via e-mail the next day or day after. He was very nice and punctual. | |While we haven't yet used this company, I definitely appreciated his knowledge and how responsive he was.

12/30/2014

Jean S.

They did a great job. We would recommend discussing the cost of routine maintenance with the company.

Description of Work
Resurfaced concrete patio

12/16/2014

Daniel B.

I wanted to convert my garage into a man cave and I saw all the positive reviews of Alternative Surfaces on Angie's List so I requested a quote and was contacted within 24 hours to discuss their products and surfaces. Evan was extremely knowledgeable in helping me understand the types of coating solutions that are on the market. I ended up going with a polyaspartic coating solution. There were numerous color choices which was great and Evan provided samples of each upon consultation so we can see the final look. I am thoroughly impressed with the attention to detail and the clarity which Evan and the two installers spoke about their process. I highly recommend this service to anyone looking to convert a garage space into something awesome.

Description of Work
Concrete floor coating.

11/18/2014

Deborah B.

Everything was outstanding. The quality of the work, timeliness and their responsiveness. I have recommended them to a number of people. It looks a lot nicer and it is easier to clean.

Description of Work
Alternative Surfaces put a finish on my garage floor.

11/03/2014

Michelle M.

In Feb 2014, I contacted Alternative Surfaces to do a quote for my garage floor. Evan arrived promptly and explained the process and costs. He then quickly responded via email with a quote. I didn't leverage him at that time as I wasn't prepared to move forward. I contacted Evan again at the beginning of October to re-engage in the process. He remembered my quote and quickly resupplied it. We planned for a date the work was completed. I left a way to get access to the garage as I was out on the day of service. Unfortunately my garage opener didn't work. The team took the opener to the hardware store to purchase new batteries and dried it out. It still didn't work, so they were unable to get into my garage. I thought this was already above and beyond to go try to fix the opener. When I called Evan, he understood my desire to have the work completed quickly and adjusted schedules so that the team could come back just a few days later. It was unbelievable that they made this adjustment. The team came 10/31 and got right down to work. They were extremely professional and finished the job early. I love my new garage floor and I'm only upset with myself for not having this done when I first met Alternative Surfaces back in February 2014. I know that this will make a huge difference in keeping my garage and ultimately my house cleaner during the Portland winter.

Description of Work
Created a new garage floor.

10/27/2014

Nancy M.

Everyone and everything was done to perfection. So Glad we found this company !

Description of Work
Put the most beautiful garage floor in our new barn. So beautiful I hate to put anything on it. Fantastic

07/02/2014

Dennis R.

The project went exactly as planned and we couldn't be happier with the final results. The entire team was a pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
They turned our ugly 40 + year old 3 car garage floor into a beautiful showroom quality area.

06/23/2014

MICHAEL B.

Crew showed up on time and spent the day preparing and installing flooring system. Crew was friendly and readily answered my questions through the day. When a major rainstorm approached about mid-day, the crew taped off the garage doors to prevent water intrusion. With exception of the rain, everything went per plan. Two cautions for those who are not familiar with this flooring system: (1) Because the garage doors had to be taped, the fumes during the first cure day were intense and infiltrated the house. House had to be opened the first night to clear out the fumes. The fumes from the garage dissipated quickly after the first 24 hours. (2) Advertising indicates that the floor can be used the next day. This was not my experience. Installers recommended 48-72 hours. Given the rain and need to tape the garage, the curing slowed down dramatically. I was able to walk on it after 72 hours but did not set anything on it for 120 hours. When I parked cars on it after 120 hours, they still left a mark on the surface. Probably should have waited another couple of days for the cars. With the exception of the prolonged curing time, I am satisfied with the final product. It looks good and is incredibly easy to keep clean. A vast improvement over what I had. .

Description of Work
Diamond ground new (90 day cure) garage concrete floor, filled expansion cracks and installed full broadcast surface polyaspartic flooring system. Approximately 625 square feet.

Category concrete repair, epoxy flooring

04/21/2014

Deborah B.

Nice people to work with. Work was done in a timely manner as agreed. Owner kept us updated on status. We love the flooring and it looks great. We would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Re-surfaced our garage floor. Existing cement floor was the original surface and 30 years old.

08/12/2013

Scott B.

The Alternative Surfaces crew showed up on time and conducted themselves professionally. They finished on time and did a fantastic job on my garage floor. Communication with Evan was excellent and he was very flexible with scheduling.

Description of Work
Coated garage floor.

04/29/2013

Kitrina K.

We called for an estimate. They came promptly and did an inspecition, and emailed me the contract/proposal. They were able to answer all questions over email before they started, and were able to apply the floor convering within a week or so of signing the contract. A ver positive experience.

Description of Work
We are very happy with the floor covering they applied. They were very professional, easy to work with, and did a great job. We would highly recommend them!

09/12/2012

Sandra L.

Everything went well. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They redid our garage floor.

07/05/2008

Dan B.

The company was very responsive in discussing their product and the work to be performed. The final outcome was truly outstanding!

Description of Work
An old cracked concrete patio was power washed and resurfaced with a beautiful new stone surface. The job took a couple days for the power wash and then the resurfacing. There are about 8 different stone surfaces to choose from and it is a great way to improve an old patio or driveway without tearing out the old concrete.

Category concrete repair, pressure washing

B&B Painting Experts LLC

B&B Painting Experts LLC is a painting company that takes pride in getting things done right. Painting is our passion, we take pride in our work and our attention to detail. Customer satisfaction is our top priority! We paint all commercial and residential Exteriors, Interiors, epoxy floors, decks, refinishing kitchen cabinets in all paints and stains.

The Wall

If you want more than just beauty built into your project, residents have relied on THE WALL® since 1985. We back up every new retaining wall with an exclusive 5-year limited warranty on all materials and workmanship. The Wall will replace or repair free any fault that might occur as a result of failure in materials and craftsmanship. Your new wall is designed for years of enjoyment. Our warranty is designed to protect your investment.

RC Concrete & Construction LLC

Concrete services, including new drive ways, side walks, patios, retaining walls! Broom finish, exposed aggravate, stamped concrete you name it! Serving with 15 years of experience

208173, ALTERS854PL
    Oregon, Washington
    Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Epoxy Floor Coatings Garage Floor Coatings Epoxy Flooring. Floor Cleaning, Polishing, Waxing. Flooring Sales, Installation, Repair. Epoxy flooring, acid staining, polished concrete, pressure washing and concrete sealing. High performance commercial floor coatings for Business + Home.