Alf Solutions

Founded 2002 • With Angi since December 2007

9530 SW 6th Ave

Portland, OR 97219

“Handypersons Extraordinaire” The process is simple. We ask questions and listen carefully to your needs and desires -- taking into consideration the special characteristics of your property. Our designs are developed with your input and approval throughout the process, detail by detail, from shared vision to a finalized master plan. Materials are then selected, crews are mobilized, and work begins. Our team is with you all the way, from concept to completion. Best of all, years from now, we will still be here to fulfill our commitment to serve you....

01/16/2018

Marty P.

The project went great. Tony was able to make room in his schedule to come out the next day. He showed up when he said he was going to. He listened to what we needed and did excellent work. It was a tricky job and he planned it well and executed the plan without a hitch. We will use him again for any of our handyman needs.

Description of Work
Attic access door added to exterior of home

Category handyman service

07/05/2017

Tony is the best!

Description of Work
all sorts, electrical, plumbing, carpentry,fix its

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking

08/30/2016

Category electrician, plumbing

07/07/2016

Category decks

03/26/2016

Sharon C.

Tony was very responsive when he understood that we couldn't lock the front door. He rearranged his schedule to come out this morning. He is very feiwndly and fixed the problem expertly.

Description of Work
Front door was sagging and dead bolt wouldn't lock. We couldn't lock the front door and had an intruder yesterday. I called Tony and he rearranged his schedule to come and fix the problem this morning. He understood that being unsafe made this job a priority. He replaced all the stripped screw, replaced with substantially longer screws that screwed into the 2x4, not the wood strip around the frame.

Category deck cleaning

12/08/2015

CAROL P.

Category ceramic tile, fencing, remodeling, siding, deck cleaning

11/06/2013

Raymond W.

When the symptoms of water damaged appeared, ALF accurately diagnosed the problem and presented options for repairing. I ultimately decided to remodel the bathroom. The ALF estimated cost of labor and materials for the master bathroom remodel was very close to what I had estimated. And the total cost came in very close to those estimates. I highly recommend talking to ALF Solutions when considering repairs, maintenance and remodeling. Tony Freegard is reliable, fair, knowledgeable, flexible, does great work and meets his commitments.

Description of Work
Over a two year period - Replaced bathroom exhaust fans. Replaced 65' fencing and two gates. Rehabilitated hot tub enclosure. Replaced water-damaged outdoor siding and flashing; siding needed to be ripped down to match existing siding width. Replaced two exterior sides of the dual shower that had water damage to the interior walls, tile, studs, insulation, shower pan and exterior siding. Remodeled the bathroom which included tiling the shower walls and the entire bathroom floor, installing low voltage heat in the floor, installing a new vanity and composite counter top. Resealed a skylight, removed overhead kitchen cabinets, installed overhead recessed lighting fixtures, performed maintenance in the downstairs bathroom and installed backsplash tile in the kitchen. The approximate cost of service include building materials for the siding and bathroom wall restoration. I bought the tile, fixtures, vanity and countertop.

Category ceramic tile, fencing, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, deck cleaning, home remodeling

10/23/2013

Gail H.

It went great. I called him in the morning when I realized that there was a leak and I wasn't able to fix it myself. He came over in the afternoon, found the problem. Replaced the hoses and fixed the leak.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak under the kitchen sink

Category decks, handyman service

09/03/2013

Wendell G.

The deck is large and elevated. It had developed sagging problems. Tony, having an engineering background, solved the serious issues. We were impressed! The July work dealt with expansion and contraction of some of the wood and plastic composite planks, installed by a fence and deck contractor some years prior.

Description of Work
Tony fine-tuned support for several planks of our composite deck.

Category decks

04/13/2013

Terry C.

See performed services.

Description of Work
My neighbor uses Tony a lot., so I had him refinish my cedar deck. Good job, reasonable price and shared info. I will use him again to refinish my deck, and any other work he can do. He was very honest in telling my what work he was not licensed to do and referred me to other Angie's List providers to get the work done. Yeah, he can be quirky, but I like that.

Category deck cleaning

06/20/2012

CHARLES K.

He was friendly, professional, and neat in his work. He's a handyman, so plumbing is allegedly out of his league, but I think he did a wonderful job. I am delighted to have found him. I intend to hire him for other handyman jobs in the future.

Description of Work
I got in over my head on a home plumbing project: bathroom drain was slow, I took out the trap, found all connections rusted and couldn't reach the clog with a snake. A friend referred me to ALF, and Tony came over, took things apart, snaked out the pipe, put in new pipes and connections, and cleaned up.

Category drain cleaning

06/08/2012

Rebecca S.

He is wonderful to work with. He knows how to do practically anything and just does a great job!

Description of Work
He did some interior woodwork and painting. He built a handicapped ramp for me, installed a shower door for me, repaired some drywall, built a deck, did some brick work.

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters, hardscaping

05/15/2012

CAMERON & JULIE C.

He is Awesome A+, he is very reliable and trustworthy, and he has great aesthetic eye for older home renovation.

Description of Work
He has done great work for us remodeling 2 houses.

Category decks, drywall, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, siding, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, drain cleaning

07/13/2010

Linda P.

He charged $50.00 an hour. He was prompt and efficient. He cleaned up after himself and he was great.

Description of Work
I used ALF Solutions for deck cleaning and painting. They also fixed my hot tub and other miscellaneous handyman things.

Category handyman service, pool cleaners, deck cleaning, house painters

07/07/2010

Serra H.

He was fine, but I wasn’t very comfortable with his personality. He was responsive. I will not use him again in the future.

Description of Work
I received a quote from ALF Solutions, two months ago. The bid was for painting the outside my house.

Category house painters

05/13/2010

Todd S.

It is nearly impossible to look at any part of our home and property without seeing something that Tony and Rachelle have done to help us achieve the vision we dreamed of when we moved into our 1978 ranch style home. They are professional, punctual, and responsible, but at the same time friendly and easy-going. We always feel like they are truly partners in whatever project, large or small, they undertake for us. Considering the wide variety of things they have done for us, it is no exaggeration to state that virtually every job and service has been provided with the utmost attention to detail. We have received many compliments on the improvements to our home and yard from our neighbors over the years, and a great deal of that is directly due to the folks at ALF Solutions. Although everything they do is superb, the larger jobs (bathroom remodel; building stairs/patio in backyard; expansion of attic storage space; re-siding the front of the house) are where they really shine. We would not hesitate to recommend ALF Solutions for virtually any project. I can't imagine our home today without the good work they have done for us.

Description of Work
Tony and Rachelle have, over the last few years: completely prepped and re-seeded our front yard; built paver walls and planters in the front yard; installed a french drain; built beautiful paver stairs and patio from the lower to upper level of the back yard; moved and installed new exterior faucets; removed and replaced the siding on the front of the house; completely rebuilt our front porch; removed several small trees; repaired a gate in our fence; finished building our shed, including pouring a concrete ramp; installed a system of custom made adjustable shelves in the garage; installed a new ladder to access the storage area above the garage; built extensive storage shelves above the garage; chose and installed a new water heater; adjusted kitchen cabinets to accommodate a microwave hood, new range, and new refrigerator; installed microwave hood, new range, dishwasher; sink and faucet; installed new faucets in bathrooms and cleaned all drains; installed curtain rods for new window treatments; painted living and dining rooms and hallway; and pressure washed mossy areas of the roof. At my mother's house: installed new bathtub/shower; built new closet in guest bedroom; repaired deck. We are first time homeowners, and they have also provided endless amounts of professional advice that has proved invaluable to us.

Category contractors, concrete repair, decks, fencing, handyman service, interior designers, landscaping, irrigation systems, remodeling, siding, water heater repair, pressure washing, home & garage organization, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, drain cleaning, hardscaping

12/05/2007

John S.

They are versatile with many skills. They are friendly too.

Description of Work
They have done minor repairs around the house, put a small deck on the house, and stained it. They have also painted the exterior of the house.

Category decks, handyman service, house painters

Pressure Power

Call Pressure Power for affordable residential flat surface pressure washing. Driveway Special is $80 for 500 square feet. That's an 18' x 28' driveway! Additional driveway or public sidewalk is just 18 cents per square foot. I’m Jim Boucher, the owner. I stand apart from the rest because PRESSURE WASHING IS ALL I DO! It isn’t an ‘add-on’ service. I won’t mow your lawn, paint your house, clean your gutters or wash your windows. I focus on the 'HARDSCAPES at your home. So, I will clean your DRIVEWAY, SIDEWALK, CURB, ENTRYWAY, LANDING, PATIO, DECK, RV PAD, SPORT COURT, or POOL AREA. You get the idea. Please NOTE. Pressure Power does NOT clean roofs, gutters, siding, structures or buildings. With 11 years experience, the right tools, two of everything, and a passion for pressure washing, Pressure Power gets it right the first time. If you are not satisfied, I’ll make it right. I stand by my work because I love what I do. I DO every job and I look forward to EVERY job. Call, text or email any time (till 10 PM) and please visit my website to see my work and learn more about my business. With Pressure Power estimates are always free and there are no hidden fees or set-up fees. Pressure Power is a properly insured ($1,000,000) and registered business in Washington County, Oregon. Thanks for your time. Jim Boucher Owner, Pressure Power LLC

Referred Roof Cleaning & Exteriors

Referred Roof Cleaning is a full service roof and exterior cleaning company that has served over 2000 residential and commercial clients since 2011. We have a proprietary online bidding system that allows us to perform accurate bids of most projects remotely, saving our customers time a money. We offer a special 10% off discount to all online bids and guarantee you will receive your bid within 24 hours of your inquiry. We also offer in person estimates if that is your preference. Our company motto is "High Quality, Fair Price, Happy Customers". We follow the Platinum rule which is; "Treat others the way they want to be treated".

IM Painting

IM Construction is a family business dedicated to interior and exterior painting proudly serving the Portland Metropolitan area. We are dedicated to consistently providing high customer satisfaction by rendering excellent service and quality job performance at a reasonable price. We offer the following commercial and residential painting services: Interior and Exterior Painting, Color Consultation, Drywall Repairs, Power/Pressure Washing and Re-Paint, Refinishing & Remodeling Cabinets, Wallpaper Removal and Deck Staining. Contact us today to start beautifying your home!

Home inspection repairs for buyers & sellers, update & upgrade finishes, counters, cabinets, floors, windows, trim & interior remodels, patch, repair, paint, stain, faux, color consult, create rooms, clean up, planting, fences, decks, pavers, lighting, pressure washing, interior & exterior design & master planning, & rental property maintenance. All types of signs for information and advertising. Residential and commercial services.

Roofing, asphalt, pest control & abatement.