Advanced Plumbing LLC

OREGON
04/25/2022

50 SW Pine St

Portland, OR 97204

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

We are a Pacific Northwest Plumbing shop established in 1971 by the McAllister Family. We are still family owned and operated today. We are actively involved in the day-to-day running of the company. The McAllister Family truly values their employees; they treat everyone like extended family members. We hire local and teach employees the Plumbing & Construction Trade. WE ENSURE 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ON ALL REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENTS . LIFETIME WORKMANSHIP. WE TAKE ON VERY INVOLVED WATER REPLACEMENT JOBS. WE CAN REPLACE RESIDENTIAL HOME WATER PIPES. WE ALSO DO SMALLER PROJECTS & REPAIRS...

plumbers (19)home remodeling (2)drain pipe installation (2)sewer cleaning (1)

04/30/2020

Calling for service for something you know nothing about is frightening. They responded immediately and all the steps needed to be taken were explained. They did not leave until everything was better than before! Advanced Plumbing will be the only plumber I ever call again and would recommend them without hesitation.

Description of Work
plumbing both outdoors and indoors

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

03/02/2019

I noticed my water bill had skyrocketed. I complained to the water department and they sent these cool brochures on how to detect a leak. Using their materials, I determined the leak was in the main waterline so I put in a request for quotes on 1/2/19. Their guy, I want to call him Mark, literally called within 5 minutes of me sending out a request for quotes. We briefly chatted about options. I was in a hurry as water was starting to bubble up outside my foundation. I tried to get quotes from some other A-rated companies but they were slow and were trying to charge me a bunch just to come out. Mark meanwhile has gotten Chuck out the next day and they got me a quote by the 3rd and so I chose them. One thing and maybe a philosophical approach, but I agreed that rather than monkey around on diagnostics and repairs I would just invest in a new main water line. It might have just been cheaper to go with repairs, but due to root problems and slab on grade foundation and pipes running under the house I was honestly not confident repairs would be cheaper or more efficient. So I was easily persuaded to go with a new main water line. So I had called them Wednesday, they started work on Friday and my water was working by the end of the day. The leak was cured, the city gave me a discount on my next bill and all is good. Thank you very much!

Description of Work
New Water Line

Work Completed On 01/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to make this review! This was a fun project for the crew. If you ever need anything please call. We are here to help. Thank you, Advanced Plumbing

01/08/2019

The service tech was great! They were here within an hour. The price was to be expected... about the same as everywhere I called. Very happy with their service and pricing. I will be using them again when needed

Description of Work
A broken pipe that froze

Work Completed On 01/10/2018

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to make this review! If you ever need anything give us a call! We are here to help! Thank you, Advanced Plumbing

10/10/2017

An hour after they said they'd be there someone did actually call and apologize for being late, but only after I called them twice. Finally one guy showed up almost two hours late, but he didn't even have any tools to do the job so he had to wait for another guy. Finally, three hours later, I had two guys fixing my toilet while another guy stood around outside. I asked if they knew anything about cleaning out the filters/cartridges on the faucets and they said they knew nothing. It was kind of rainy that day, and I had three guys dragging dirt and debris into my house and no one bothered to clean any of it up or even tried to wear booties in the house. When they gave me the bill they said they had been there for two hours, there was no way it took two hours to fix just a toilet. So if you trust to hire these guys, watch your clocks so they don't try and scam you. I tried to get an estimate just to see what the price would be on just getting a valve and cartridge replaced in my main bathtub and I've never heard back till this day. Save your time and energy, don't hire these guys!!!

Description of Work
I setup an appointment to have my toilet replaced, and the filters on all faucets cleaned out.

Work Completed On 10/10/2017

Thank you for taking the time to make a review. We use all feedback to improve our company. Job scope: We replaced one toilet & repair another toilet. We have made positive changes to improve service experience. We protect work routes & give free estimates Thank you, Advanced Plumbing Family

06/08/2017

Josh, Eric and their team are top knotch. We had to relocate our water main line from one side of our property to the other about 175 feet away, we have a flag lot property and the city forced us to move the line. We had a very short window to do this in. Josh came out just 2 days after my call to him, and Eric came out to start the work 2 days later....amazing! I chose Advanced because of all their experience in my specific need. Eric and his crew were absolutely amazing. The job turned ugly when we found out our ling drive way was asphault under the gravel, not and easy straight dirt pathway. A Ditch Witch, giant cement saw and hand shovels going to work manually on this thing for hours in the beating sun, Eric and his workers still had a smile on their face and never stopped working. We are so appreciative this team came to our rescue, they deserve much more than than the quote we were given. Thank you so much Advanced! We'll be recommending these guys to all of our friends and family for any indoor and outdoor plumbing needs. ---Valued Customer in Hazelwood Portland.

Description of Work
We needed a new water main to be installed.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to make this review! If you ever need anything give us a call! have a great day! Advanced Plumbing

04/14/2017

I called Advanced back hoping to hire them to fix it, they came out, and seemed a little lost about it. I asked them for a quote as I would pay them to do whatever was necessary (up to and including jackhammering out the floor). They said they would call me... and nothing. I called 24 hours later to see if they had a quote (keeping in mind I have a hole in the floor where my toilet was), and I never received any information or a call back or anything. I would only hire this company for small, easier jobs in the future.

Description of Work
I had originally needed to troubleshoot the toilet. They came out and fixed one thing on it, then something else went wrong. They came out and said I needed a drain-clearing company, which I called, and that company told me I needed a new toilet. I went to replace the toilet, and found a hot mess underneath-- rotted metal flange on/in slab.

Work Completed On 04/14/2017

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to make this review. We use all comment and reviews to improve. We have improved our team of workers, We are now one to the top rated service companies. We hope you try us in the future. Thank you, Advanced Plumbing Family

03/18/2017

I called five plumbers before Advanced Plumbing accepted my request to fix our sink today. They were busy and did not call promptly back to schedule, but each time I called to ask when a plumber would be arriving, either Josh or Jessica responded very considerately and kept nudging the process along. Eric arrived around 12:30 p.m. The job took at least a half hour longer than he estimated it would (a part had to be obtained for our weird pedestal sink and then cut to size). Even so, Eric did not charge extra beyond the $150 service call. He was very thorough and even explained further steps that we need to take to keep the sink working properly. When asked above if I would hire Advanced Plumbing again, I checked yes, because their service was good. However, I'm now aware that they don't do small jobs like this very often. The cost includes $10 for parts.

Description of Work
Stop bathroom sink from leaking.

Work Completed On 03/18/2017

Hello, Thank you for taking the time making this review! We are glad you were happy with our service! Let us know if you ever need anything! Thank you, Advanced Plumbing

09/30/2016

.This is the 2nd time I have used them. I want to say so much regarding how pleased I am, but I don't want people reading this to think its a put up job. These guys had to go under my house, into a very small dirty crawl space, which I'm sure was unplsent.. they maintained a upbeat attitude and got the job done. The bid that I was given for todays work, was given to me the first time they were at my home fixing a broken water pipe some months ago. I was expecting them not to honor there price quote. When it came time to pay, the amount was what I was told. I'm very pleased with the top quality material they used, I know the quality because I looked up what was out there to use. All in all, I guess I should have said this......I would refer any of my family to this company. I guess that's what you really need to know.

Description of Work
Replaced main water line from meter to house. Installed new hose bib ( Faucet )

Work Completed On 09/30/2016

08/23/2016

This project went as well as I could have hoped for, and I cannot say enough good things about this company, from my first contact with Eric by phone - he called me only 20 minutes after I sent an inquiry by email via an online advice website - to the moment he left my house this afternoon having completed the job. Eric wears many hats - estimator, customer service, supervisor and journeyman plumber. He is one of the nicest young men you could hope to meet, and on top of that he is competent, diligent and unfailingly polite - not only to me but also to everyone he was working with today. They replaced the water main for our house, no small feat with a 200-foot-long driveway, with another 50 feet to get to where it needed to go. They also moved the shut-off valve so we don't have to crawl half the depth of the crawl space to get to the original one anymore. His helper, who recently completed his obligation with the Marines, was also polite, respectful and competent. These days, when you never know just who you're going to get when you call for help, it's wonderful to know that a company like this, family-owned for many years, still exists. By the way, we got an estimate from one other company, which has been our go-to plumber for a few years now, and their estimate was much higher than Advanced's. To say that I am pleased with the work, workmanship and price is an understatement.

Description of Work
Replace water main from meter at street to our house

Work Completed On 08/23/2016

09/26/2015

Called on Friday. Was busy but told me they could send someone on Saturday. The young man arrived on time. Got to work immediately. Showed me what the problem was, took off the part. Went to the plumbing store, bought the part and installed/fixed the problem. He made every effort to keep to an hour, which he did. They honored the Angie's List discount, even on Saturday! Very nice, professional and honest young man!! I would call this company again in a second. Small family company!!!

Description of Work
Fixed an extensive leak from my bathtub spout. Replaced the part.

Work Completed On 09/26/2015

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to make a review. Let us know if you ever need anything. We are always here to help! Have a great day! Advanced Plumbing

Advanced Plumbing, LLC, is dedicated to providing our clients with the very best in service. we are a 40 year old completely family run plumbing business that prides ourselves on our extreme respect for our customers. We appreciate the chance to earn your business; so we show up on time, we communicate, we have positive attitudes. We offer trench less drilling for water services. We are Uponor Pex installers.