Active Mold Control

Founded 1981 • With Angi since July 2011

824 SW 18th Ave Ste C-1

Portland, OR 97205

We are environmental professionals who strive to keep you, your home, and your family safe and comfortable. We perform reasonably priced and quick mold remediations and mold inspections. All work is guaranteed, certified, licensed, and bonded. Please call us today for any of your mold and indoor air contamination problems!!...

12/12/2018

Ann R.

perfect, complete with explainations and pictures

Description of Work
moisture/mold remediation in attic space

01/06/2017

Sofia S.

Service went well, but they did not solve my problem. As a matter of fact, I really didn't need the service. I called them back because I still have the same problem, they told me they would have to charge me again even though there is a 5 year warranty. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

01/11/2015

Chad and Kim P.

Very professional and knowledgeable. This was 1 of two bids that I got. The other company I got a bid from did not test the mold but just assumed it was the very hazardous form and gave a bid that was twice this amount. reeI had screwed up and did not know the house needed to be empty of other contractors during the treatment. They were very gracious about re-scheduling. Also, afterwards I had a question about what caused the mold since I received two different answers from two different contractors. Tim was very nice to talk with me and let me know exactly how to find out the answer by myself so I wouldn't have to rely on others for the answer.

Description of Work
Removed mold in the attic and a very small amount from the ceiling of the garage area.

05/14/2014

Rajesh S.

From the initial phone call to the complimentary inspection at our house, this company's demeanor was exemplary. They know their science, align by fact and studies and recommended appropriate options to us based on our problem. No hesitation in using or recommending them to anyone.

Description of Work
They provided free consultation over phone and visit to home. Spencer came across as an extremely knowledgeable, competent and seasoned professional whose first priority was to inform and enlighten us on our options upon inspecting the mold in our house. Compared to other mold inspection and remediation companies we looked up, this company's response appeared most credible and honest. We would definitely use them in future.

09/30/2013

Julie H.

They did a wonderful job. Only company that tested our attic at no charge gave us the lab results prior and completed the work exactly as promised. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Mold remediation of our attic

07/28/2013

Jennifer W.

We recently purchased a property with a mold issue in the attic. We had four bids on the job ranging from and gt;$3000 to AMC's bid at $1250. I rarely go with the lowest bid. However, in this case, it seemed clear that AMC had very sound reasoning behind their course of action. Specifically, they were the only ones to actually follow the EPA guidelines, while all the other contractors seemed to be bidding out a much larger project than EPA would suggest was needed. Additionally, AMC was the only company to actually perform a mold test to identify: 1) whether it actually was mold we were all looking at and 2) what type of mold it was along with what hazard it presented. AMC was prompt and proffessional, they were done with the job in about half a day and were able to schedule us quickly. Their work came with a five year warranty, and overall I'm very happy with the job that was performed.

Description of Work
Mold remediation in attic of rental property

06/06/2013

Emily L.

Jim was extremely responsive and available to take my call and returned calls promptly. He scheduled me in quickly due to our concern with possible black mold. On the day of, he finished the prior job a bit early and called to see if it would be more convenient for us to meet him earlier (which it was) and came promptly. As it turns out, what we were seeing was not a mold problem, but he tested thoroughly and gave us a recommendation. Also, because it was a short visit and there were not several mold samples to be tested, he gave us a reduced price (unexpected and much appreciated). If we ever have mold concerns in the future, we will certainly call Active Mold Control again!

Description of Work
Mold inspection/testing and recommendation

05/18/2013

Jessica S.

It went very well. He was also punctual.

Description of Work
We have visible mold in our basement/garage, at least partially due to a leakly outlet pipe from our furnace. Tim told us that we needed to have a roofer replace the "flash" on the top of the outlet pipe, and then get a handy-man to replace the molded drywall. He said he could do it, but as "mold remediation" it would cost double. In other words, he reassured us that our problem was basically cosmetic and his services were not needed! He also tested for mold particulates in the air and assured us that the level inside was the same as outside. In other words, no problem! And he was funny, explained everything well, and was attentive to our animals.

05/16/2013

Gail H.

AMC came to do an estimate and they also did mold testing. They were extremely professional and I would use them for repairs. The new owners are choosing between AMC and another company. The prices are very fair

Category radon testing,mold removal

04/03/2013

Michael A.

Professional, complete, and competent service. Quick to respond and complete job. Good clean-up.

Description of Work
Treat all affected areas with EPA recommended procedure No 3, table 2, including hepa vacuuming and sponging, wiping and spraying with a mold pesticide, mold killing liquid, including a tint, and repeated vacuuming. 5 yr guarantee.

Value Garage Door Service

Value Garage Door works provides residential and commercial garage door services throughout Portland and Vancouver. We offer a full line of garage door services from new installations, repairs, and complete garage door overhauls. We have served the area with high quality garage door service for over ten years. You can count on us for your next garage door needs. We accept cash, checks and all major credit cards. Contact us today to see how we can help with your project!

Precision Door Service

Local family owned business since 2003. 18 employees- no subcontractors used. Award winning. Additional contact names - Stanley Prosser, Kimberly Prosser. SK Services Inc dba Precision Door Service. Award wining.

All About Doors

All About Doors has been continuously serving Portland metropolitan area for over 25 years and remains family owned and operated to this day. Our experience helps us connect with our customers and provide the superior garage doors Portland services that we strive to achieve. Our intensive training program ensures that our technicians have the skills and the experience to give you the best garage door Portland services in the area.

Mold inspection, testing, clean-up & remediation, indoor air quality assessment