ABC INC. ABC LAND AND PAINT

Founded 1993 • With Angi since August 2005

3.9

8533 SE Foster St

Portland, OR 97266

Our specialized landscape and painting services will improve the structure and quality of your property adding value for years to come! ABC Land & Paint has provided Portland and Vancouver area clients with high level of quality landscape and painting services with special attention to detail and craftsmanship for many years...

06/14/2012

Patricia V.

I chose ABC after getting 5 estimates from different companies. Tricia from ABC came to my property and she seemed to be able to visualize what I had in mind better than the others. ABC's bid was lower than 3 of the estimates, higher than 1. All seemed to go well at first, but then the problems started. Tricia estimated there would be 2 terraces, but she measured incorrectly and it ended up that we needed 3. This was not the problem--the problem was that the excavator had dug it out for 2. They had to backfill in for the middle terrace, and they failed to pack it down. This resulted in the middle terrace settling in several places within just a few weeks of placement of the walls. When I complained, Tricia said they would fix it, but would never give me a plan on how they could do that without removing the wall and redoing it--and the project was already about $6000 over the original estimate to cover the cost of the additional terrace. Further, the workers left a huge mess when they were through--including caving in the front sprinkler access box so that it was filled in with mud. Tricia assured me that they would clean things up, but after sending a crew out 3-4 times, they still didn't get it done--despite me discussing with her a detailed list of what they needed to do. By this time, I had lost confidence in ABC's ability to fix the terrace, and suspected that if I let them try to "fix" it, most likely the problem would get worse. I ended up asking them not to come back and that I considered the job paid for with what I'd already paid--the pitfalls of paying up front. At least I wasn't out the total amount, but I still paid $4000 more than the original estimate. Fortunately, the walls appear to be holding up okay after our very rainy winter, but there is noticeable unevenness from the settling that occurred from their failure to pack the ground to support the extra wall. I rated them a "C" over all because at first things were good, and overall, I do have a nice terraced backyard--it's just that, as a professional, Tricia and ABC should have more accurately measured the site instead of "eyeballing" the height which resulted in miscalculating the number of retaining walls needed--plus the clean-up fiasco at the end. Plus, I would have expected settling to occur over the years, not within days of the walls completion. Maybe they are better painters than hardscapers...

Description of Work
Excavate and build retaining walls for terraces in sloping backyard. Install plumbing for sprinkler system in backyard.

09/09/2008

Randy S.

Failed to quote the work, and or return my calls after the first contact.

Description of Work
Wanted to get a quote for cleaning our roof.

Category roof cleaning

11/21/2005

TIM F.

SENT E MAIL-- NO RESPONSE. DID NOT CALL THEM.

Description of Work
ASKED FOR EST ON LAWN THATCHING

10/22/2005

ZHENG L.

THE EXPERIENCE WAS GOOD. ONE PERSON CAME UP TO GIVE AN ESTIMATE FIRST, AND THE PRICE WAS GOOD. THEN TWO GUYS SHOWED UP, AND FINISHED THE WORK IN LESS THAN A DAY. THE QUALITY IS NICE. THEY BROKE ONE OF MY PLANTS, AND POT IN THE PROCESS. I DIDN'T REALLY MIND, BUT THE COMPANY WAS COURTEOUS ENOUGH TO FULLY COMPENSATE ME ON THAT.

Description of Work
I HIRED THE COMPANY TO PAINT MY MASTER BEDROOM, AND BATHROOM. PAINT WAS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE.

Category interior painters

08/03/2005

GENERALLY VERY POSITIVE. THEY JUST ALWAYS DO A REALLY GOOD JOB. THEY COME WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL COME AND THEY ARE ALSO QUICK. VERY FAIR AND REASONABLE PRICE.

Description of Work
MOWING AND TRIMMING.

Willamette Power Roofing

Willamette Power Roofing and Roof Cleaning is a family owned and operated roofing company located in Portland, Oregon. We have been fixing and installing new roofs and roof cleaning in Portland since 1990. We take pride in our history as a commercial and residential roofing company, serving Portland for over 24 years now. We attribute our company longevity to our quality work, honesty, and integrity. Our team takes pride in our work whether it is a gutter cleaning, a roof leak repair, or an entire roof replacement. Portland families and businesses know that they can trust Willamette Power Roofing and Roof Cleaning to get the job done right the first time. Award winning.

Cedar Care

We specialize in maintenance and preservation of cedar shake and shingle roofs, something that many contractors simply don't handle. Our qualified and experienced team is also able to diagnose leaks and other problems, quickly repairing damaged areas of the roof and protecting your home from damage.

All Surface Cleaning Company

All Surface Cleaning is a very affordable Roof, Gutter and Deck Cleaning service. It is our belief that anyone can do cheap work for a cheap price. Others can oversell the amount of work that needs to be performed in order to justify a “high quality” price. Our goal is to provide what we would want ourselves: VALUE – good workmanship and professionalism at a fair price. You owe it to yourself and your home to discover why All Surface Cleaning provides the best gutter, deck and roof cleaning Portland has to offer. We also offer some of the best warranties in the industry on certain services.

Offers by All Surface Cleaning Company on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard
    Yes; ask for details

If you are a homeowner or business owner who is looking for a team of high quality landscape services and painting contractors in the Portland and Vancouver area, you should turn to ABC Land and Paint for all your interior and exterior needs. We are experienced landscape and painting contractors serving Portland, Vancouver, Clackamas, and Beaverton. At ABC Land and Paint have years of experience in landscape maintenance, design, sprinkler installation, aerating, interior painting, exterior paint

Ask for details.