Abc Electric

Founded 1955 • With Angi since July 2005

135 NE 9th Ave

Portland, OR 97232

CCB LICENSE #161501 & #ABCELE*930JB. Award winning. Additional DBAs - Dunigans Electric LLC, Electrical Dimensions.

01/22/2020

RUTH P.

We have worked with ABC Electric for over 12 years. They completely rewired our previous house and did an excellent job. So we asked them to bid the project on our 1950 mid-century modern house. Eric did all the work in the last house and also in this one. He absolutely knows what he is doing and does it well! He is friendly and professional, punctual and knowledgeable. Everything went smoothly! We always go to ABC first and plan to use them again on our next remodeling projects.

Description of Work
We put an addition onto our house. We remodeled a bathroom, doubled the size of our office space, added a laundry room and a closet. This required moving an air conditioner unit and rewiring it, wiring new plugs and overhead lighting in each room, wiring for a washer and dryer, and redoing much of the electrical in the bathroom.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting

11/06/2019

Colin C.

We chose ABC partly because of the cost estimate, but also because we'd had work done by them before, and were very impressed. This time did not disappoint! From office staff, to the estimator, to the workmen, everyone was polite, professional, and very helpful. Our work was completed -- as estimated -- rapidly and to our complete satisfaction. Would definitely hire this company again!

Description of Work
Our 100+ year old detached garage had never had electricity. We wanted power to the garage, four electrical outlets installed inside, and outlets overhead for lighting.

06/05/2017

Ryan C.

Phone number listed on Angie's and company website is not in service.

Description of Work
Called to get an estimate

06/01/2017

Marilyn R.

Workmen on a different project blew out a breaker in our breaker panel. Randy, at ABC, kindly squeezed us into his full schedule in order to make sure we had power. The lights are on again. We're scheduled for a full panel replacement ASAP, six weeks out. We've used them before and been pleased. He's competent, creative, tidy, hard-working, and educational.

Description of Work
Electrical

11/23/2016

JoAnn W.

Since we have an 18' ceiling and some of the work was retrofitting a can light, Shawn, the owner, actually came out to do the work himself. He was extremely careful not to disturb sheetrock on the ceiling which would have necessitated having repairs. He did an amazing job. He and his assistant John were very conscious of covering carpeting and wood floors and did a fabulous job. Based on our experience, we would recommend ABC Electric to anyone!

Description of Work
Replacing two hanging lights and removing one chandelier and replacing it with a can light.

08/12/2015

Brian W.

Abc electric is great, and I didn't even hire them! I know next to nothing when it comes to electrical. I was using a drill on the basement and half the lights shut off. Checked the breaker box and the corresponding switch had not flipped. I called many local electricians to price shop and they told me they could fix it within one hour and it would cost between $120-$140. I then called Abc, the gentleman told me that it was most likely a GFCI. He then told me how to troubleshoot and easily replace it if necessary. I poked at a few buttons and fixed the problem! Next time I mess something up, these guys will get the call.

Description of Work
Phone consultation

10/13/2014

Dale M.

It turned out fine. It was reasonable. They were prompt and courteous. The work seems to have been done really well.

Description of Work
He installed a couple outdoor lights for us.

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

09/29/2014

Mark B.

Shawn did a fantastic job. He called me before coming promptly to the appointment. I didn't have all the parts, but he made it work and it looks fantastic.

Description of Work
The electrician installed a light fixture.

09/02/2014

David H.

I have been pleased with their services. Typically one person comes out for routine service. The technicians are very good at what they do. Their pricing is very reasonable. The company is very responsive and customer focused.

Description of Work
They have installed 2 ceiling fans, installed lighting and electrical circuits.

08/17/2014

Patricia T.

We have called on ABC Electric on numerous occasions, a few times at our old house, also in our new home. We've always been pleased with their work and prices, which is why we continue to call them whenever the need arises. We have not needed any electrical services since August 2012, but we have their name to call in case we need an electrician. I would recommend them to whoever needs an electrician.

Description of Work
Electrical services

08/12/2014

David J.

Respond immediately. Have used them before for other work and have always been happy with service and price.

Description of Work
Checked for possible shorts in electrical system

08/11/2014

Lynn R.

II thought problem was with GFIC, but technician determined that corrosion inside fixture was the issue. He quickly remedied the problem.

Description of Work
Repaired weather protected electrical fixture in garden.

07/02/2014

SUE W.

Eric is my hero! He worked very hard to save me money on a bathroom exhaust fan I had bought that wouldn't quite fit but he modified the parts to make it work. I honestly felt like another provider would not have bothered. On the second job, Randy also worked very hard to find a way to repair two can lights without having to replace them. The experience was so good that I almost look forward to electrical problems!

Description of Work
Repaired bathroom exhaust fan, repaired kitchen ceiling can lights

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

06/23/2014

Tom C.

We had ABC Electric replace old knob and tube and non-code compliant wiring as well as add a new 200-amp service in conjunction with a heat pump install by another contractor. This was a multi-thousand dollar job. We were mystified by the huge electric bills our tenants were getting. When we sent in an energy contractor, he found that ABC had simply thrown the existing attic insulation in piles and had not replaced it as it was. Nor did they inform us that the work needed to be done. They cost our tenants several hundred dollars in unnecessary bills, and we had to pay to have someone replace the insulation. I though that was really sloppy on a big, expensive job. I will not use them again.

Description of Work
Sloppy work for an expensive job.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/30/2014

Selma D.

In the mean time I called an electrician from a friends reccomendation; the immediate was done that afternoon and we are well into taking care of the less immediate.

Description of Work
They send out an estimator who was very friendly and went over several situations with me. When he left he said he would send me costs of materials which he did not know and estimates of labor involved, and pictures of fixtures available to show him what I wanted and we would proceed with the next step. that was weeks ago and I never heard from him.

02/11/2014

nelson B.

|Work was performed at a good pace, and in excellent fashion, and all the work was given a high rating by the city/county inspector.

Description of Work
ABC did an upgrade to our electrical wiring and replaced all the convenience outlets with grounded modern wiring and outlets. Also took out all know & tube convenience outlets and removed all knob & tube wiring in basement.

02/09/2014

Bill D.

ABC advised on the overall project, then did the following installation: - Installed LB through the rim joist - Installed outside outlets in a waterproof casing - Routed cable through PVC conduit and sealed all joints - Installed GCFI breakers and connected circuits - Tested installation and GCFI function I ran the cabling between the breaker panel and the rim joist myself. Scheduling was prompt and on the exact day I needed it to happen and they did a quality job.

Description of Work
Installed two outside outlets for sump pumps

02/04/2014

Mickie J.

Access for even an estimate is terrible.

Description of Work
Called back, no access for two months and that would be for a "look and estimate!" Probably another two months for the work to even be done. Forget it!

10/10/2013

CHRIS S.

We used ABC one year ago and all was fine. This time we had a hard time scheduling them- they were 1-2 months out. They did call with an opening and we were able to get on their schedule. Prior to coming out, I reviewed the most recent Angie's List and read about the experience of being charged $140 for the first hour (the clock starts when they leave their last job). Their labor is then $100/hour. This change in pricing was not explained prior to making the appointment- I had confirmed $100/ hour but they said nothing about this new travel time cost. Our previous bill was a $15 "truck fee" which was their transportation cost. This new pricing would have more than doubled the cost of our project. Glad I read Angies List before they came out!

Description of Work
did not happen

06/26/2013

Keith M.

I called because my entry way light is not working. I wanted them to check the wiring and if there was a problem with the light itself not working, I had already purchased another fixture that could be installed. I received a return phone call saying that they had no openings for the next two months for this work. I was referred to this company by my realtor so I will have to give him this feedback as well.

Description of Work
The provider said that they had no openings until the end of August for my type of work. If you need work done before then, I would recommend calling other providers on the list first.

06/14/2013

karen N.

i picked them coz my husband like them the best based on the first initial greet and meet...price is competitive..Randy, the estimator came and my husband told them what we need to do for our kitchen remodel. When we got the bid and sign the contract one of the important things we wanted to get done wasn't on the bid. But i was the dumb blond for not asking to make sure and just assumed that it was there so i have no one to blame but me I guess. But the estimator should've mention that fact over the phone or email to let me know. So when Randy, the Electrician came to do the job husband call me to let me know that the some of the wires wouldn't be move back to the side of the walls so we could finish the wall. The electrician didn't want to talk to me on the phone so i had to call the Randy, the project maneger who did the original estimate and found that out that hard way. We need it done right away so i went with it after talking with Randy, the estimator. They charge $100 per hour and again he "forgot" to mention that they also charge an $140 for the electrican to come out to your house (that's just for the driving time to your house) on top of the $100 per hour for installation. Having never hired an electrician b4 i didn't know this until i got the bill. The estimator give me a $40 off for "not knowing". Anyway, they passed the inspection so i guess that's all that matter, but don't expect the electrician to clean up the mess though if they have to cut anything though. I am going to do an electrical panel upgrade and won't be using them again based on what i've experienced: So if you're using them or anybody else i guess don't be dumb like me and assume that all the stuff you wanted to get done when they do the estimate is on the contract. Make sure to go over everything thing.

Description of Work
· notch studs and move wires back into wall space and install nail plates for protec tion; remove old receptacle boxes and wire and install new adjustable boxes; Furnish & install 2 new 20-amp circuits. Rewire 3 existing countertop receptacles and wire 3 new additional receptacles. Relocated one switch to other side of wall and install 2 gang box and combine it with other existing switch for hallway. Reroute & reconnect existing hood fan wiring

05/19/2013

Dan H.

Work involved upgrading elecric service in a ninety year old church. Everything went very well. Price was substantially better than other quote I had received. Estimator and electrician were prompt, professional and very easy to work with. I am coompletely satisfied wnd will not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Upgraded electrical service, lighting and electric heat in church.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting

04/02/2013

Robert B.

I have used this company for several years. They are amazing and I am also pleased with the service they provide. I will use this company again in a few months they are very professional.

Description of Work
I hired this company to move electric wires from my home to garage.

02/26/2013

SALLY B.

Excellent service. They were available when I needed them, professional, clean and left making sure everything worked properly.

Description of Work
Installed can lights in a ceiling.

02/25/2013

RUTH D.

When Bill arrived we reviewed the projects and I asked if I could assist him and he was agreeable. He fixed 3 wiring issues where I had not wired wall switched plugs correctly. He installed a light fixture we purchased, (I had removed old fixture). He removed and replaced 3 new bathroom fans with new quieter fans I had purchased. When I had called to make the appointment ABC suggested we purchase the fans to save money and to have those ready for installation. That was great and honest advice from ABC- thank you. These fans all had to be "retrofit fans" (newer to market) since we have vaulted ceilings with no attic access to the fan areas. I had learned about replacing fans by talking to the manufacturer of the old noisy fans and a call to Bvtn Pratt Electric. Bill from ABC said the research and purchases we did prior to him arriving made the work go smoothly and was appreciated. I opened boxes, had directions handy, and cleaned up. I found him to be informative and he took the time to explain why things were working or not and what he was doing - so I learned a lot. Since we got done with the above list rather quickly, I decided to install the new ceiling light in the dining room rather than pay another service call fee. It was worth it! I purchased and installed the light the next day- easy! Overall I was impressed with Bill's work and the quality of information he shared. I think the $140 service call is a bit steep, since we paid for another 4.5 hours, but agree that the $100 an hour for the type of quality work that Bill did was a very worthy expenditure. I also spent $280 on quiet fans from Beaverton Pratt Electric and had very good & experienced help there too.

Description of Work
Remove old and replace 3 bathroom fans in vaulted ceilings (enlarge ceiling holes) 2.5 hrs Troubleshoot & fix 3 non working wall switches: two to lights and one to a plug & install ceiling fixture that we purchased. 1 hr Install a new ceiling receptacle for a hanging light in dining room. Run wires thru wall switch to attic & drill hole in ceiling & install dimmer switch 1 hr (I installed dining room light later) 4.5 hrs total Do your homework on bathroom fans - noise- diameter size of your exhaust pipes (6" or 8" pipes are quieter) Mine were 4" - so they are a bit louder than specified, but much quieter than previous 1970's fans! The fan kits included an adapter to take 6" to 4" pipes, so all worked out or easily purchased.

JT Landscape

Professionals creating new landscapes for over 10 years. Services ranging from landscape maintenance to Landscape Installations. CALL US TODAY!

CROWLEY LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT Inc.

Crowley Landscape Management is a locally owned company providing professional landscape services to both residential and commercial clients throughout the Portland Metro area. Our mission is to be the leading landscape company by exceeding our customer’s expectations in everything we do. Our passion to create beautiful landscapes motivates us to provide sustainable, cost effective solutions for your landscape needs. We have built our reputation on customer service, professionalism, and innovation. Our experienced team of landscape professionals have an eye for detail to make sure your property looks its’ best after every visit. We take pride in our work and treat your landscape as if it were our own. We are proactive in our approach, suggesting products and services that will enhance your property, conserve our natural resources, and promote a healthy environment. Other services include lawn aeration, dethatching, reseeding, and bark dust application, We are a member of the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET) which provides ongoing educational and safety programs and features a national certification program that ensures that we have the knowledge and technical expertise necessary to perform our jobs at the highest standards. PLANET members are dedicated to improving the environment through public service projects and responsible stewardship. Also, we support our local economy and business community as a Gold Member of the Wilsonville Chamber of Commerce.

Redefyne Moving & Storage

Competitive pricing, trustworthy service. Our company is a full service moving and storage team that will follow out your job personally, the entire way through. Our team is professional, skilled, and attentive. With the ability to provide free on site estimates in the local Portland area, as well as being capable of full residential and commercial moves. Packing material available upon request.

Offers by Redefyne Moving & Storage on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Residential, commercial and industrial electrical, remodeling, lighting, repairs & upgrades.