A J'S UPHOLSTERY UNLIMITED

Founded 1976 • With Angi since July 2006

4.3

5035 SE Brookside Dr

Portland, OR 97222

OWNER OPERATED, 1 EMPLOYEE, NO SUBS. COST PER JOB. TRAVEL CHARGES MAY APPLY....

02/04/2014

Jan H.

He does an excellent job. He is very timely and he is a very busy guy too but he comes through.

Description of Work
I used A J's Upholstery Unlimited to redo some special furniture we have.

01/24/2013

Lisa G.

The chair I gave them and the chair I got back were not the same comfort-wise when they returned it. They took it down to the frame (and gave me a picture of it like that) then they applied all new padding and foam insert on the chair without asking/discussing it with me. The cushions were attached when I sent it - the bottom pad was detached when I got it back. The padding was soft and cushioning when I sent it - I got a hard foam cushion back and no one will sit in it. i didn't ask them to re-do the cushioning - I asked for reupholstering. They didn't ask if I wanted the bottom cushion detached but they did it anyway. They also and quot;lostand quot; my chair in the back of their shop when they were apparently remodelling and I had to call and ask where my chair was after 4 weeks of no call. Technically they did a reasonable job but it there was zero communication about replacing the padding and it wasn't a comparable replacement nor did they ask if I wanted the cushion detached. i hate the chair now but there's no point in going back...and there was a bit of a language barrier as well so really not worth the effort. The job was fine but if you use them just be SUPER SPECIFIC about what your expectations are. This was not the same experience I've had with other upholsterers and I won't go back.

Description of Work
I had a chair reupholstered with fabric I supplied.

08/28/2007

Erika H.

We live in the neighborhood and chose Gary because we wanted to support his business. I am so glad we chose him because he did a wonderful job. The chair is so beautiful now and the work he did was top level.

Description of Work
Reupholstered a mid-century modern chair in fabric we bought somewhere else.

07/04/2006

STEVE T.

They were nice people to work with. They had a big selection of fabrics to order. They did excellent work and had good suggestions. They do a lot of commercial work, but came to our home to measure for a kitchen project, and earlier to pick up and deliver the couch. They don't have a fancy store front, but the real work is done in the back, where it counts.

Description of Work
They constructed and covered two cushions for the kitchen breakfast nook. Previously, we had U.U. cover a very large couch.

Ask about

REUPHOLSTER FURNITURE. COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTAL. FURNITURE REPAIR / SPRINGS, CUSHIONS, FABRIC, FRAMES, BUTTONS

BOATS, AUTOS