A Better Chimney, LLC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since November 2005

We do our business with complete owner control over quality and service. CCB 195244...

Euro Masonry LLC

Euro Masonry LLC is a company backed by 10+ years experience. We offer competitive rates and have very excellent references with very satisfied customers. Free estimates. Our work is always high quality, clean, and done in a timely manner. Additional contact name - Kiana Karlovic. Award winning. Additional phone number - (503) 333-0133.

Oregon Chimney Repair & Cleaning Inc

Locally owned & operated since 1979, Oregon Chimney's competent and knowledgable Masons & Sweeps can handle any chimney repair job and chimney cleaning. We also do a variety of other services including chimney caps, linings , waterproofing, flashing, dampers, Real Estate inspections and firebox repairs. Our team at Oregon Chimney is dedicated to giving you the best service at an affordable price. We provide free estimates and our work is guaranteed. We are licensed bonded and insured our CCB number 51967/152506. Call us today for your free estimate. 503-231-2588. We look forward to working with you. Additional DBA - Oregon Chimney Repair & Cleaning, Inc.

Offers by Oregon Chimney Repair & Cleaning Inc on Angi
Rose City Concrete LLC

With over 30 years of experience the industry, we are the experts you need to take care of your home or business. We handle everything regarding your concrete needs. We will treat your home as we would treat our own. Give Rose City Concrete, LLC a call today, we look forward to working with you!

05/09/2016

I had 2 other bids prior to selecting A Better Chimney to tuck point the chimney on our 80 year old house. I chose A Better Chimney because of the reviews on Angie's list, the proposed plan made sense to me, the bid was reasonable, and my positive impression of Brandon. I was kept informed of the plan each day. Changes to the schedule (due to the weather) were always communicated, along with the revised plan. Devin worked hard each day and made sure that I was aware of what he was doing and, most importantly, he ensured that the area was secured for my dogs. Devin and Brandon were considerate of, and communicated well with my neighbors, so much so that my neighbors hired them at the completion of the work at my house. This was a very positive experience. The work looks great and the clean up was very thorough. I would not hesitate to refer A Better Chimney to friends and neighbors or to hire them again should the need arise.

Description of Work
Tuck pointed and sealed the chimney. Sealed the brick facade on the front of the house.

Category masonry

11/28/2014

the rebuild took two separate days. The worker cam promptly on time, cleaned up well after himself. The new chimney looks amazing and stopped the leak problem we had.. I am pleased with the overall experience and will recommend this provider to family and friends!

Description of Work
tore down old chimney and totally rebuilt it

07/24/2014

If you like supporting smaller and earnest companies, I highly recommend A Better Chimney. When Pedro came out to give me a bid, I could tell that he took pride in his work and was the type of person who would not be satisfied doing a mediocre one. He also struck me as an honest person. I instantly knew I wanted them to do the job (and hoped their bid was what I could afford). I especially liked that he--the mason--gave me the bid...not a ?salesperson? whose main job is to schmooze and close a deal. I had obtained 4 bids for the chimney repair and thankfully, his was one of the lowest. By the time the job was complete, he had done more than what we discussed without charge. I think his work was outstanding. ABC told me they would be out to check the chimney in a year, just to make sure all is good. Pedro and the staff at ?ABC? are courteous, pleasant, respectful and easy to work with. Pedro is very well educated and it shows. I enjoyed talking with him. I can?t convey just how happy I am that I chose them to do my needed work. I received artisan work from an ethical company and I had no worries. Call them.

Description of Work
They rebuilt the chimney from the roof line up, repaired worn areas on the rest of the chimney, closed off one unused flue and added a rain/animal cap. Cleaned bricks. Caulked flashing and the area between the chimney and siding. Cleaned up after. BTW, I have a 2 story house with a steep roof.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

04/15/2014

They sent out a guy to do the job that didn't go so well. When I got home from work and reviewed the job, my wife and I were rather disappointed. The quality of workmanship was pretty sloppy. Grout coloring was off. The supervisor came out and agreed the job wasn't done right. He said he'd discuss with the owner who was out of town and would make things right. They were very apologetic for what happened and were quite surprised. When the owner came back and the situation was discussed, I have to say they bent over backwards to make things right. First off the guy who did the work was let go. Then they scheduled another visit and pretty much re-grouted both chimney areas that were done before. They did the job right and it looks really great! They didn't charge extra either. I did tip them good. I was very impressed with the owner and the supervisor. They were both very easy to work with and very accommodating. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or use their services again for any chimney work. Their pricing is very reasonable. Their integrity is refreshing.

Description of Work
Repaired two brick chimneys. This included grinding out a majority of the grout that was disintegrating on both, re-grouting them and then sealing. Both needed stainless steel caps which they added. One also had some serious cracks and had some bricks that were needing replacing.

Category masonry,chimney repair

03/25/2014

Water was leaking to an upstairs bedroom. Upon inspection the chimney needed rebuilt or repaired. A Better Chimney repaired the grout and masonry, waterproofed the chimney and added chimney caps. The work was done promptly. When a big windstorm blew the tops off, they came back as soon as the weather permitted and replaced and reinforced the caps.

Description of Work
Repaired aging chimney. Replaced grout, masonry. Added chimney caps.

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

03/05/2014

these guys are great. called on monday & pedro was here on tues just as promised. the portland east winds knocked down a section of my fence as well as tearing off the flashing. he stopped to purchase some type of glue that would prevent it from happening again since we seem to have lots of strong windy days. it took him no time at all. no charge either. yay.

Description of Work
tacked down zinc roof flashing partially removed by the wind.

02/19/2014

I hired A Better Chimney based on 4 factors: 1) a personal reference from a trusted friend who had hired them in the past for a large job, 2) Angie's List reviews, 3) my own favorable impression, upon meeting, of the owners as honest and professional, and 4) their very fair and competitive bid. They promptly returned my initial call and scheduled an inspection and bid. I liked it that I wasn't up sold; they presented lots of information from actual inspection including video (taken three stories up) of chimneys condition. Other contractors wouldn't even get up on the roof, but took pics with telephoto lens or guessed at problem. It was a complex job, rebuilding multiple chimneys, brickwork and fireplaces on our 100+ year old triplex. They completed the task in stages, and consistently went the extra mile. For example, the chimney caps were measured, ordered and installed at cost, and they did several small repairs that were not included in the original bid. Phone contact and punctuality were excellent and the work site was tidy. The two owners are best friends and I get the impression that they do most of their own work, with some consistent and trusted part time help. I recommend this company with confidence and enthusiasm and without any reservation.

Description of Work
Tear down and rebuild 2 service chimneys, repair, flash and tuck-point additional large multiple flue chimney, repair and tuck-point 2 fireplace fireboxes, supply and install 3 chimney caps, one custom made, tuck point and repair chimney base brickwork in basement. Previously hired to sweep 2 fireplaces.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

12/15/2013

Brandon Grout is wonderful. On time, very knowledgeable, friendly, efficient in his tasks, clean up was perfect. A very good value! Comparably low fee paid plus no extra fee to come to my house in Hillsboro. And he really cares about doing a thorough and well performed job. I will be calling him again next year; and am delighted to recommend him to others. Given the choice of an array of service providers, Brandon stands out as a really good guy! Bottomline: use him.

Description of Work
cleaned the chimney and wood stove; checked all for safety.

Category chimney sweep

11/04/2013

These guy were great. I had one other bid and the guy never even went up on the roof to look at the chimney first hand. Pedro went right up there to really inspect it and spent quite a bit of time really explaining my options. The work was done quickly and looks great. I had planned on getting a new roof later on down the road and was worried about having to redo the flashing. They answered all my concerns and were able to put up temporary flashing (would still last years) untill i got the roof down and offered to come out and do a permanent install one the new roof was put in. The new chimney looks great and they even sealed up some air vents with wire mesh while they were up there. I accidently overpayed and Brandon- i believe the other owner personally came to my house to make sure i corrected the mistake' These guys are great. Good service. Great prices (their quote was almost half of the other bid i got) They do not make you feel pressured and are happy to take time to discuss any issues you may have. I would highly recommend them

Description of Work
tore down and rebuilt chimney above roofline. Repaired liner.

09/25/2013

Brandon did a great job. He told us about the state of the inside of our chimney and the firebox. He cleaned the chimney. We had a funky cement support in the basement under the fireplace that we couldn't figure out. He told us what we needed to do to make it more secure and probably how and why the previous owners had needed to add it. He also measured for a chimney cap to be made and then installed it.

Description of Work
Evaluated our chimney, cleaned it, gave us some info about the fireplace/hearth support in the basement that had been added since the fireplace was originally put in. And had a chimney cap installed.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps

Chimney sweep, repair, caps, dampers, masonry, water repellent & stove sales.

Animal removal.