VEFF SHARPENING SERVICE

Founded 1989 • With Angi since February 2009

Knife sharpening

I am a home based business. My shop is located behind my house. Christian owned and operated since 1989. I offer commercial and residential sharpening services. I also design knives for Columbia River Knife and Tool. I offer mail order service for those that require it....

08/18/2015

Mr. Veff is knowledgeable and professional and his shop has interesting things to look at while you wait.

Description of Work
Sharpened a pair of poultry shears

10/10/2014

Tom was very friendly and professional. He really knows his sharpening trade .

Description of Work
He sharpened my garden tool

05/27/2014

Absolutely perfect. The knives are sharper than I thought was possible. Did them while I waited and educated me about taking better care of my knives and how best to sharpen them myself. I couldn't recommend Tom more highly.

Description of Work
Put new edges ans sharpened 4 kitchen knives and two sport knives.

03/10/2014

The knives have never been sharper and I got an education about how to keep them sharp. This man is a real craftsman and his prices are reasonable. The last time I had the knives sharpened it cost a lot more and the knives were not all that sharp when I got them back from Excaliber Knives. I will never go to anyone other than Mr. Veff in the future for my sharpening needs.

Description of Work
Sharpened all kitchen knives. About eight of them..

07/30/2013

Tom was easy to find, an expert at his trade and friendly. He explained to me what needed to be done and performed the work while I waited. He checked the shears several times in front of me to see that both pair of shears were cutting well and then fine-tuned his work. The cost was fair and well worth it! My shears work great!

Description of Work
Tom sharpened and repaired my sewing shears and my pinking shears.

04/07/2013

He was a skilled technician and the blades were surgical quality.

Description of Work
I got excellent service. He sharpened two garden hand or pruning shears.

11/19/2012

no story--highly recommed

Description of Work
good experience

12/27/2011

,I took six kitchen knives to Tom to have them sharpened and he had time to do this while I waited. As he worked he asked me about my usage habits and corrected me when I was errant. Tom"s prices are a bargain for the quality of his work, I learned a lot from someone who knows and loves his work, and now my knives are SHARP.

Description of Work
Tom sharpened six knives for me while I waited at his shop. This is a multi-stage process and very thorough.

01/04/2011

Having recently moved into the Portland area I needed a sharpening service. Based on Angie's List reviews, I called Tom at Veff just a few days before Christmas. He was able to see me that day, and after the drive to Oregon City I found his shop with little trouble - but be sure to use a mapping app! He looked over what I had, suggested one of the scissors wasn't of sufficient quality to bother with ("You could buy a new pair of these at Home Depot for less than it costs me to sharpen them.") I told him I wasn't in a hurry for the items, he said he would have them the following Tuesday (6 days). He offered to sharpen one or two of the knives while I waited if I needed them sooner, but I declined. He called first thing Tuesday morning, the items ready. When I picked them up he showed them to me, made sure I was happy with them, gave me some pointers on keeping them sharp and in good shape (no dishwasher for the kitchen knives, oil the pruners) Items were wrapped carefully. Once home and in use the items proved to be extremely sharp. Excellent work, I'll go back when I have more sharpening needs, and recommend Veff unreservedly.

Description of Work
I had several things that needed sharpening: 5 kitchen knives, pruning shears, hedge shears, a set of 4 spade drill bits, two pair of household scissors. Veff did the sharpening on everything (1 exception, see description below), much to my satisfaction, at a very fair price.

03/14/2010

I called Tom in the morning and told Tom what I needed sharpened and when he might be able help me. Tom said he would be out of the office until noon that day and asked that I called back around noon just to make sure he was back in the shop. I called Tom back at noon and Tom said he had returned and to come on over. I arrived at 1pm and meet Tom in his shop. Tom asked if I had a few minutes that he would sharpen my kitchen knifes so I could have them for dinner that evening. I said yes and within 15 mins Tom had completed the sharpening of all four knifes. Tom individually wrapped each knife in plastic and then wrapped the four knifes in paper for my safety. Tom said he would call me the following day and let me know when the garden tools were complete. Tom called me the next morning saying the tools were sharpened and that I could come over anytime. I arrived that afternoon and found Tom in his shop. Tom layedmy tools on the bench for me to inspect and too my amazment the tools looked brand new again. Tom, Thank you for being so perfessional and giving excellent service and quality.

Description of Work
I needed 4 kitchen knifes, 2 garden loppers, 1 hand hedge prunner abd 3 pruning shears sharpened.

Category sharpening

Sharpening of knives, scissors, drill bits, chain saws, lawn and garden tools, etc. Customizing of knives. I also install custom serrations in knives, including Veff-Serrations which I designed,and are patented. I produce a very high polished convex edge that is "beyond surgically sharp". I show my customers a measure of sharp that few have seen before. I thank God for this gift He has given me and I look forward to sharing it with you !!

Small engine repair, sharpening electric clippers

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal