Red Bark Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since September 2006

Red Bark Inc. can help with any of your bark dust blowing needs. We have 25 years of experience, dependable, licensed drivers, and top of the line bark blowers to ensure a job well done, every single time.

mulch delivering (47)fence company (1)

08/24/2021

Cynthia H.

It was excellent. Their service providers are excellent.

Description of Work
They put bark in my yard.

Category fencing

Work Completed On 06/24/2021

08/05/2020

Steve C.

Red Bark called ahead to let us know they were on the way. Their truck is specially equipped to blow barkdust and their employees worked very professionally and efficiently. Awesome service!

Description of Work
Barkdust for our yard

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

05/10/2019

Caleb F.

Update to my review: they eventually came out 2 hours late for the quote. I will update again if I decide to use their services.

Description of Work
Bark dust blowing

05/10/2019

Caleb F.

Had an appt on Wednesday and no one showed up. I had to call and figure out what happened which was a driver calling in sick. Rescheduled for Thursday, no one showed up. Called to figure out what happened and no one picked up. Can’t figure out how they got an A rating!

Description of Work
Needed a quote about bark dust

04/09/2019

Randall M.

These guys are great! They came just a few days after I called, blew bark dust all around exactly where I asked, and cleaned up after themselves. The were fast, friendly, and affordable.

Description of Work
Fresh Red Hemlock Bark Dust (Residential)

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

11/27/2018

Kathryn M.

They had the very best price of anyone and delivered a full unit, I think 7.4 CuYds. The first time I called, I think I was offered a partial load price, but when I called to order they said they only delivered full units. So I made a place for them to deposit what would be extra. I've never done this before and they would not blow onto my steep bank which is completely grown-over with plantings, but otherwise did what I asked. It was going to be a very hot day so they were rushing to get done early, but they didn't cut corners, just hustled. Compost was dark and with no weeds.

Description of Work
Blown-in Compost

Work Completed On 07/24/2018

05/10/2018

Evan S.

Excellent service and professional in every way! I called and scheduled a unit of medium fresh fir bark dust to be blown in a week ago. They arrived on schedule, completed the job in a short time, and cleaned the area with an exceptional attention to detail. Our yard now looks beautiful and I will be hiring these great folks again!

Description of Work
1 unit of bark dust blown in

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

04/13/2018

CHRIS D.

Very well! The foreman listened carefully to what I needed and made some great suggestions on how to best do it. The job was done quickly and it looked terrific when completed. I've worked with this company in the past and will continue to do so!

Description of Work
Had four units of bark nuggets blown in around my home.

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

11/24/2017

KATHY K.

They did a great job, followed my directions to the letter.

Description of Work
Blew on 2 units of compost.

Work Completed On 10/24/2017

10/02/2017

Michael B.

Best price (by far), punctual and very friendly crew. They blew in 5 units of dark hemlock in about two hours. Cleaned ip neautifully. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Mulch blowing

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

09/06/2017

Gary C.

They did an excellent job keeping the bark ion the right places and cleaning up.

Description of Work
Two types of Bark dust delivered and spread

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

08/08/2017

Kami P.

They called to let us know when they would arrive. They arrived on time. Spoke to us quickly, spread bark dust and cleaned up. Done in 30 minutes! We would have had to spend all day spreading it. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Blowing bark dust

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

07/29/2017

jill B.

well, but not the dark hemlock product that was wanted.

Description of Work
mulch blown in, very efficient and neat.

Work Completed On 06/21/2017

07/24/2017

Elizabeth H.

I also had some communication problems with Thomas. He promised they would be here between 12-5 today and that they would call an hour before they arrived. At about 12:30, I called just to confirm they would call ahead, and he showed no record of my order. He offered to have them come tomorrow, but I said I would go with someone else since he didn't seem reliable. He called back a few minutes later (3 times actually - no message). Said they could be here between 3-5 today. I asked again if they would call ahead and he said yes. At 2:50, my Ring doorbell showed me there was someone at the door. I called Thomas back and asked him to tell them to wait - I'd be home in 10 minutes. Once we got going, they were great. Got the job done in a little over an hour and it looks awesome! They were mostly kind to my plants, and aware of the sprinkler heads. All in all, they do a great job. Thomas just needs to work on communication with the customers, and the guys doing the work need to remember to call the customer ahead of time.

Description of Work
Replenish mulch on nearly 1/2 acre - 3 units.

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

05/24/2017

DENNIS L.

Went great, they had an opening and called to see if they could do the job a week earlier. We were available so there came and did a quick, good job and clean up. They blew in 2 units of bark in no time, we were very happy with the result, it would have taken me 2weeks tho move that amount of bark, they were done in a few hours.

Description of Work
re barking our entire yard

Work Completed On 04/28/2017

07/27/2016

Bill P.

The Red Bark team arrived on time and completed the job in thirty minutes. They were courteous and cleaned up after themselves. It looks great and I would use them again.

Description of Work
I needed a large portion of my steeply sloping side and back yard covered with bark dust.

Work Completed On 07/27/2016

06/09/2016

ROB B.

On May 18, I booked a bark delivery with this company by phone with Tomas for June 7, "between 12 and 4". June 7th came, 1:00 passed, then 2:00, then at 3:18 I was called presumably from the truck saying they could not make it that afternoon (truck broken down or some such). ?I said okay, what time tomorrow, and was told "between 1 and 3". At 6:12 PM that evening I received another call from the truck from Jose saying "We coming now with your bark, are you ready?" ?I told him I needed it tomorrow as promised, he hung up. ?I called his number back, and also the office number, and told them I wanted a call by 9:00 tomorrow morning to discuss the day's events. ?No callback, of course. So I called the office at 9:30 and spoke to Tomas, who confirmed that they would be out "between 12 and 4" (notice, not between 1 and 3). ?Aaaand of course, I received a call from the truck at 3:08 saying "We running late, we be there between 4:30 and 5:00". ?When I spoke to the office (again, Tomas) a few minutes later, I asked him to promise that they would be there before 5..."Well, they *should* be". ?I said no, that's not good enough (again, based on the history above) and reminded him of our conversation in the morning, WHICH HE DENIED HAD OCCURRED. ?I gave him one last opportunity to make good on 5:00, which he would not, at which point I cancelled the order. So...I waited three weeks to end up with no bark mulch, and now am at the end of the line with another provider (should deliver on June 30th). ?Red Bark has a snazzy website with lots of promises, but don't be fooled...these people are super sketchy and I would not trust them to (a) deliver as promised (b) deliver quality goods and (c) be on my property, period.

Description of Work
Supposed to deliver & blow 2 units of bark mulch

06/02/2016

Lisa A.

I have been getting bark blown in for 16 years, and have used several different companies in the metro area. This is the first time I have used Red Bark. They did an amazing job. You might be thinking - how difficult can this be? Well, spraying it in is not the problem - it's the mess that gets left behind. All companies that I have used have blown off sidewalks/patios with a handheld blower after they are done. I'm usually left with the instructions to water, or turn on the sprinklers because the bark is hot on the plants. But the Red Bark team not only blew it off, they hosed off my patio, rock wall boulders, and the plants. I usually count on a couple of hours of work after this gets done. Not today. Thank you Red Bark team!

Description of Work
Sprayed in 2 units of dark hemlock

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

04/17/2016

ERIK B.

Once contacted, they scheduled the work within a week, and were on time to deliver and blow in the bark. From the time we contacted them, until the job was finished, all off their staff was very pleasant and helpful. They did a great job, covering just what we asked for, without burying any of the existing plants. They also did a great job of cleaning the paths, sidewalks etc after the bark was down. All and all a first rate job at a fair price. We won't hesitate to use them in the future. As a bonus they also have a good and informative web site.

Description of Work
Red Bark's staff blew in 2 units of medium dark hemlock on our 1/3 acre property and did all cleanup work after.

Work Completed On 04/16/2016

10/27/2015

Cynthia H.

Excellent results and excellent service. Cleanup was perfect, you would never know they were here except the yard was more beautiful with fresh bark.

Description of Work
Blow superfine bark on backyard hillside and front yard

Work Completed On 07/24/2015

07/07/2014

Robert S.

I called Red Bark on 7/2 to get them to come out to give me a quote on having some bark dust blown around the house. The guy I spoke with on the phone was about the furthest thing from friendly you could imagine. It seemed that the phone call was annoying him. I simply asked for them to come give me a quote...nothing special. He said he'd get back to me in order to schedule the quote. It's now 7/7 and I've yet to receive a call back to get the quote scheduled......a quote mind you, not the actual work. I'm sure this is a busy time of year, but at least call me back to get the quote scheduled. At this point, I'm willing to pay a bit more for bark dust from a company that behaves like they appreciate the possibility of business.

Description of Work
Bark dust blown around house.

Work Completed On 07/02/2014

06/23/2014

Kristen D.

Red Bark, Inc provided excellent service in blowing bark dust into all of our flower beds. I called to request service on Thursday June 19, 2014. Red Bark answered their phone immediately and offered 3 service dates to choose from. Where other services had been backlogged well into July, Red Bark, Inc offered to come out on Saturday June 21. They gave me a window of between 1 and 3 pm. I explained that I thought we would need 3 units but that I wasn't certain. He said they always come with extra barkdust in the truck so we could add more if needed. He quoted me a reasonable price per unit of $269. They called me earlier Saturday to let me know it would be closer to 3-3:30, which I appreciated because I could plan the day more effectively. I was late in preparing the yard and when they arrived, I had yet to spread weed barrier granules on my beds. Jose, Fernando, and Tony Fernandez carefully listened to my instructions and walked around to be sure exactly where I wanted barkdust. Even though they'd been working all day, they were kind enough to wait patiently while I spread granules in the backyard beds before they began. It gave me a head start to do the front yard beds and was much appreciated. Throughout the job, they were careful with my established plants, very thorough in blowing in barkdust, and also in blowing the barkdust off of plants and walkways afterwards. They made a pile of bark dust and used a shovel to place the bark in more tricky spots that could not have withstood the blower (around our pond area). They took great care to make sure the bark was evenly and well spread. I could tell that they took pride in their work and that they wanted us to be happy. In a world where yard and landscape businesses are increasingly doing the bare minimum they can get away with, taking a check for service barely provided, and then disappearing to find the next client to rip off, Red Bark, Inc cares about the quality of the work and service they provide. Jose, Fernando and Tony Fernandez were prompt, polite, efficient, and interested in performing good service. We appreciate the attention to detail and the job well done. We will use them again.

Description of Work
Red Bark blew 3 units of barkdust into our flower beds which span the front and back of our 1/3 acre property.