Genesis Electric NW

Founded 2010 • With Angi since December 2011

16379 Trail View Dr

Oregon City, OR 97045

Genesis Electric NW is an owner operated company. I provide my own personal touch and electrical experience to every job. My goal, whether completing an extensive remodel or troubleshooting any electrical problem, is to provide economical service and complete customer satisfaction....

04/21/2021

Deb A.

Genesis Electric (and specifically Keith) sorted through a "mess" related to pendant lighting and dimmer switches. Honestly, I don't think anyone else could have done it as quickly and as well. He was courteous, informative, diligent ... in every way a professional. I would not only hire again, I would wholeheartedly refer him to anyone with a "project" large or small, simple or challenging!

Description of Work
Lighting and switches installed

06/04/2019

WADE C.

Terrible. I spoke with Keith and set up an appointment for between 10:30 and 11. Took time off from work to be at home. At 11:05 he texts to say he is on the way and will be there right after 11:30. At 12:01 I called to find out where he was. "I got hung up at the parts house," was his response. I told him to forget about it, that I had other places to be. That response told me all I needed to know about his company. I won't work with an outfit which has a casual attitude about promptness.

Description of Work
Wiring for the garage

Category electrician

It's unfortunate that [Member Name Removed] changed his mind. I was literally 5 minutes from his home when he called and could not explain to him fast enough what was going on. It's a rare day that this situation occurs, but it does happen to everyone. [Member Name Removed]'s rudeness was unusual and unlike what I see on a daily basis. It's unfortunate that he wasn't willing to listen and allow me to apologize for a situation that wasn't completely within my control. Sorry [Member Name Removed] and best to you and yours.

05/23/2018

Kimberly W.

He was awesome! I so appreciated his professionalism, friendliness and helpfulness. He did the work in great time and worked hard to ensure I got the best support. He quoted me a price range and actually came in at the lower range. I wanted to make sure the Buyers were well taken care of and he helped me do that. I would hire again and again if I lived in the area still. Thank you!

Description of Work
Repairs to Sell House

01/10/2017

Rhonda S.

Keith Ciminski is the one we've been working with. He's very through, and doesn't make mistakes. Helps make sure you're involved in the process, and points out challenges or necessary adjustments. I would highly recommend his services to anyone needing electric work.

Description of Work
This company has been my electrician for 8 years. Replaced all the outlets, put in pot-lights, moved ceiling fans, put in triple switches, and several other small or large jobs.

Category electrician, ceiling fans, outdoor lighting

11/28/2016

Rafael C.

They were on time, got it done, actually did two fixtures at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Genesis installed an outdoor motion sensing light ficture

12/18/2014

Scott B.

Description of Work
It turns out nothing was wrong with the electrical outlet I had them come out to replace. In checking the system, they found a GFI "red button" was popped out on an adjacent outlet which was mostly hidden behind some shelves in my garage. The fix was simple, once it was determined where it was and, I must admit I was a little embarrassed to see what the problem was, and could have easily fixed myself!! I would certainly use Genesis Electric again.

09/05/2014

Sarah R.

Keith and Andy were great. They were on-time and got right to work. We had removed a few walls between our kitchen, living and dining rooms, which required that a few light switches be relocated and a few outlets be removed. Keith and Andy did a great job! We also wanted to install some recessed lighting overhead in our living room and in front of the fireplace. Andy did an excellent job locating the recessed lighting so that it runs perfectly in line with hall lights - something I did not even think about until afterwards. Finally, Any relocated an outlet and cable hookup in a wall so that it's now hidden behind the flatscreen tv on the wall. Again, they did a great job. We found Keith and Andy to be highly skilled, punctual, and professional. We will definitely be calling them if and when we need more electrical work done! A+ work!

Description of Work
Remove old plugs from demolished walls Relocate light switches Install recessed lighting in living room Relocate outlet and cable hook-up in wall

09/02/2014

pete S.

After talking to 4 different electrician firms, we went with Genesis. Of the 4, one was too busy, one didn't understand and kept changing the quote, and two responded with competence. We went with Genesis because of the reviews on Angies List. Glad we did. Keith was efficient, friendly, and knowledgeable. I can not imagine a better electrician. In talking to him, you realize he is a good person as well. He came with all the equipment, installed everything quickly, cleaned up and on his way.

Description of Work
Installed subpanel outside and pull permit. New breaker in main panel, leading to subpanel housing 3 new breakers.

06/29/2014

Martin W.

Excellent, personable thorough and cleaned up more than I asked.

Description of Work
Installed a ceiling fan and inspected our attic.

06/27/2014

Martin W.

Description of Work
They were timely professional, courteous, and not h the pocket book.

11/28/2013

Marsha S.

They replaced two in floor heat mat thermostats and a GFI switch.

Category electrician, ceiling fans, outdoor lighting

04/08/2013

Steven S.

My experience with Genesis Electric NW has been nothing short of amazing. Keith Ciminski is the Owner of the company and the company is growing so fast that he has expanded by hiring another electrician and outfitted another van with complete utilities for residential or commercial work. Anyhow Keith did the work at my house and he is very meticulous about his work and if he runs into something that doesn't meet code or is potentially hazardous he will repair it and you won't even know until he is going over your bill and unless it's something that requires spending money he normally doesn't charge anything extra. He just refuses to piggyback on top of someone else's work if it compromises the integrity of his work or the overall integrity of your home. That's not to say he isn't working to make money, but if it's a quick fix he's more apt to just do it rather than stop to write it up and charge you for a couple minutes of time. I recommend Genesis Electric over anyone else we've used in the past and we have used some large companies to try and get our electrical problems fixed. Somehow they would come in and spend hours working and within a month we were blowing circuits again. Keith ran down the problem and identified it to me and was honest about it. What happened is when the house was originally wired they put too small of a sub panel on one side of the house and of course this was the side that had the appliances and window A/C in it. Although he couldn't fix the problem on the budget I had at the time, he still found the problem and didn't act like he fixed it like these other companies did. I'm sure they knew the problem with the sub panel too, but didn't tell us. Keith suggested a work around until we could afford to have the house rewired which is essentially what it entails. I could go on, but you'd think I had stock in this company.....smile...it's just rare these days to meet someone in business for themselves to work with the integrity that this man clearly has. He is honest and very personable. I had to drag my wife out of the room he was working in because she kept talking to him and Keith is not at all rude so he multi tasked with no problem, but at the time I was concerned that she was costing me money so I had to retrieve her a couple of times. All for naught as it turns out, he just does the job and commits to his estimate. You have electrical needs Genesis Electric is your answer.

Description of Work
I hired Genesis Electric to install my ceiling fan in Master Bedroom. I also had them upgrade my electrical wiring in the house as I was constantly blowing circuit breakers. I also wanted to put new wall sockets in the house and he installed them and actually located a switch we had never known worked and now we can shut off a table lamp with the flip of a switch.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

12/14/2011

Jean H.

They did a good job. He seemed like real nice and honest guy.

Description of Work
We did a full house remodel.

12/14/2011

AL R.

He was extremely reasonable and professional. He was on time. He did everything he said he was going to do.

Description of Work
We have a very small business and needed someone to come for a county contract. They came and ran the line of electricity for us to put in a wall plug.

JT Landscape

Professionals creating new landscapes for over 10 years. Services ranging from landscape maintenance to Landscape Installations. CALL US TODAY!

Western Paver Design LLC

Call us directly at 503-534-3517. Western paver design & construction (WPD) is Premier General Contractor in the NW. WPD Installs paver patio's, decks, cedar, and Trex/composite, retaining walls, fire pits, pergola's, fences, paver pathways, outdoor lighting, concrete work , paver driveways, demo work and much more. Enlarge your current patio with beautiful pavers. Many colors, patterns and size options available! Contact us to schedule a free estimate and have one of our design Professionals help you design an amazing outdoor living space! 20 years experience. WPD’s mission is to create amazing outdoor living spaces for our clients. WPD strives for highest quality work and we stand behind each and every project! We have many options to show our clients how to make any project really stand out! WPD can completely demo any project & re-build an enjoyable outdoor space. Full catalog available. Please contact us for a free site inspection and estimate. You can also email us at info@westernpaverdesign.com Accepting $8,500 as minimum of project size

Valleyscapes Landscape Solutions LLC

Valleyscapes is a leader in landscaping services. We help you achieve the results you want in your landscape project from concept to design to installation. We can take on all areas of landscaping Design/Build, irrigation, hard scapes, pavers, lighting, sod installation, hydro seeding to name a few. Our professional staff will turn your project into a reality. Call us today to schedule your free estimate.

Check, PayPal
    $5.00

CUSTOM REMODELS & NEW HOMES, RESIDENTIAL & LIGHT COMMERCIAL, SERVICE WORK & TROUBLE SHOOTING, METER & PANEL UPGRADES AND MAINTENANCE, HOT TUBS - WIRING UPGRADES - DEDICATED CIRCUITS, SECURITY & SPECIALTY LIGHTING AND CONTROLS, GENERATOR SYSTEMS & TRANSFER SWITCHES, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANIES, CABLE & DATA LINES

INDUSTRIAL.