Ben's Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1989 • With Angi since July 2005

Ben’s Heating and Air Conditioning is a family owned & operated business providing home comfort solutions for the Portland Oregon metro area since 1989. For over 25 years, our expert technicians have been installing, repairing and providing maintenance for electric and gas furnaces, heat pumps, and air conditioning units for residential and light commercial customers. Ben's staff is well trained in oil to gas conversions (electric to gas conversions too), as well as repairing room heaters, wall heaters, gas fireplaces and more. While we are a Bryant dealer, our technicians are qualified to work on all brands, including G.E., Bard, Claire, Day & Night, American Standard, Lennox, Trane, Wesco and others. Ben’s Heating and Air Conditioning provides solutions to homeowners for improving their indoor air quality and can install electronic air cleaners and purifiers for a healthier environment for your family. Additional phones - (503) 648-0772, (503) 651-2107, (503) 685-9298, (503) 777-6006, (503) 982-1566 & (503) 982-5664....

Willamette Valley Plumbing

Residential Plumbing Services including new construction and remodels, water heater replacement, faucet replacement, and more. We are a small owner operated company out of Oregon City with over 17 years of combined experience.

Climate Control Heating & AC

Climate Control provides high quality residential and commercial heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality systems, repairs as well as scheduled maintenance services. These systems include the client’s homes and businesses. Climate Control, established in 1989, focuses in the add-on, replacement and HVAC service business in both the residential and commercial marketplace. The company grew out of a vision of the owners to focus on the service and add-on replacement business. The founder’s previous HVAC service experience was commercial only but saw an opportunity in the residential add-on, replacement and service business that was under served. By focusing on long term relationships through planned maintenance and providing high quality HVAC repair and service, the company established a loyal client base. With a specific focus, the company can achieve consistently higher standards to benefit the client.

Offers by Climate Control Heating & AC on Angi
Better Air Northwest

Better Air Northwest has been proudly serving the greater Portland and Vancouver areas since 2009. We provide air duct cleaning services for industrial, commercial and residential heating, cooling and other air duct systems. We also provide respirable dust testing, dryer vent cleaning and anti-microbial sanitation services. We are a family owned and operated business with a focus on quality service and customer satisfaction. Our professional technicians are friendly and knowledgeable. This is the finest air duct cleaning service on the planet!

10/30/2020

I cannot say enough great things about my experiences with Ben's Heating and Cooling. If you have a complicated system/job, you need these guy's experience and help. They are more than helpful; they listen and are super responsive. They do what they say they will do when they say they will do it, and their prices are more than fair. My story follows: To start, we bought our house about 8 years ago...

Description of Work
Replace Gas Furnace and add A/C

12/17/2019

It was a great service. they were on time, they let me know when they will be there and great to work with.

Description of Work
He came out and check and make sure everything was running correctly.

06/30/2019

Technician checked the air conditioner components and showed me the built in diagnostic system that would enable us to determine the problem before calling a service technician so they would be better prepared to repair most problems without the need to diagnose and then return later with appropriate parts.

Description of Work
Diagnose why air conditioner would not start

02/11/2019

Ben's Heating & Air Conditioning - Installed a Heat Pump for Heat/Central Air from original homeowners. Tech Zach from Ben's Heating & Air Conditioning game to my home. He serviced the Heat Pump & educated us.. Zach was very clean, very polite, very knowledgeable, he has very good skills set in customer service. Thank you for sending Zach to my home. Mr. Critser

Description of Work
Heat Pump Furnace Adjustment

11/08/2018

Excellent! Ben's replaced our propane heater and AC unit with a dual fuel propane furnace and heat pump. The sales / engineering representative measured air-flow throughout the house and made recommendations for some modifications and quoted several systems. They hit the right price point for the system we were looking for and we scheduled installation. The techs were here on time, the work went a...

Description of Work
Replaced propane furnace and air conditioner with new propane furnace and heat pump.

08/28/2018

From the estimate for the work to its completion, Ben's was excellent. Gordon was the lead installer and everything he did was done correctly and to code so that there would be no question about the job passing inspection, his words not mine. We have had Bryant equipment in the past and it has been excellent. I can recommend Ben's Heating and Cooling without exception.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and central ac.

07/19/2018

$357 for a $38 part!! I don't mind a 100% markup, but 10X is just plain greedy. I don't see how this company can be trusted. The technician was courteous and competent. No problems with the service, but I am disgusted with whoever sets the markup on the prices. They know that most people just want to get it fixed and are not going to check. This feels predatory.

Description of Work
Replace Capacitor

10/28/2017

We had had another company, but they had changed hands and there were problems. After reviewing Angie's, we called Ben's, they had somebody out here going over our needs. We liked them and liked the reviews on Bryant. Scheduled the installation, they were on time and did the installation over two days without a trace of mess left behind. Then, they delivered the paperwork by appointment and helped...

Description of Work
Both our furnaces gave out/wouldn't start at the beginning of the season. As they were 20 years old, not worth repairing, so we needed two new gas furnaces.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for selecting Ben's for your home comfort solutions. We enjoyed working with you on your project. If there is anything else we may be of assistance with, give us a call. Best, Tim

10/20/2017

Great! I'll definitely use Ben's for all of my HVAC maintenance/repair

Description of Work
March 2017 - The furnace at our rental property stopped working suddenly on a cold day. We called Ben's - they sent someone over right away. They told us the filter was dirty & the fix was to install a new one & reset the furnace. I feel like they could have told me my furnace needed to be replaced & i wouldn't have known any better. Simple, inexpensive fix. Thanks for the honesty. October 2017 - the furnace stopped working again & we called Bens - they weren't able to come out for a few days - so they had the repair guy Nick (who came in March) call me and walk me through the process of resetting the furnace. Didn't charge me anything. Amazing group of people.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the positive feedback [Member Name Removed] We love to help out our clients as best as we can.

08/23/2017

I don't have a good basis of comparison. I think they are good but we've had a long standing relationship with them. They've done good work.

Description of Work
Preventive maintenance.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Remodels, additions, duct cleaning, sheet metal, venting, gas lines, old gas heaters, pool heaters, furnaces, air conditioning, heat pumps, air filters install & replace.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available