Affordable Quality Landscape

Founded 1996 • With Angi since March 2006

10858 S Beutel Rd

Oregon City, OR 97045

Owner-operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. May contact through email.

06/07/2022

Lars F.

My yard/garden was a disaster. Three-foot tall, out-of-control, weeds, unusable backyard because of sloping, dead lawn, Zero landscaping (to name just a few issues). My neighbors have been nice for many, many years to not complain, but my yard needed major help. Tony came out to consult with my ideas/plans for the area. He listened to what I was thinking and gave helpful advice. Affordable Quality Landscape did an amazing job. Tony and his crew spent 6-7 full days here. Yard clean up, digging out bamboo roots that had spread all over the backyard (although there were only 6 visible bamboo stalks). Leveled out the soil, and added a retaining wall and root blocking material to reduce the spread of bamboo in the future (the bamboo had jumped over from the neighbor's yard). They build a beautiful paver patio (honestly, it's a nice small patio--a professional job); laydown a ton (probably true in weight) of river rock along the side of the house, back and front. Installed edging to prevent the river rock spreading. FYI, I have one of those narrow lot, two story (newer) homes you see popping up all over the Portland Metro. The crew also built a paver pad for me to put my garbage and recycling bins (that before were left on top of dirt/bark). Finally, they laid new sod for the small front yard (about 10'x10'--small enough that I don't feel too bad about the lawn's water consumption). I'll have Affordable Quality Landscape back in autumn, after the summer heat, to add plantings and trees. Note: Originally, I wanted to do work during the summer of 2021, but I waited too late (July) to contact Tony... they were already booked through September. This year, I called in early May.

Description of Work
Revive a neighborhood landscaping, yard, garden eyesore

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

01/31/2020

Eric F.

Tony and his crew did a fantastic job again! I'll definitely keep using them - this was the 2nd year.

Description of Work
Full yard clean-up

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

05/05/2019

Paul V.

Tony and his crew did an awesome job. Prompt reply to my request for an estimate, really nice guy, fair price, great clean-up and pruning. The ornamental maple looks amazing. The whole yard does. I'll use Tony's services again and again.

Description of Work
Yard clean up, pruning ornamental Japanese maple, pruning large Yew, pruning large Laurel hedge.

Category lawn service, leaf removal, tree service

10/17/2018

Russ F.

Tony & AQL crew did a great job cleaning and pruning all around my house. Tony's knowledge and experience showed in his suggestions about which shrubs are worth trimming and which ones should go away. My yard looks so much better. The job was well done and the crew was delightful to work with.

Description of Work
Yard clean-up

07/08/2018

Julie W.

Professional and responsive. Very nice work. We will hire again!

Description of Work
Back yard landscape

Category landscaping, lawn service

06/22/2018

Lynda Lee M.

The work exceeding my expectations!

Description of Work
Rototilled my front yard.

Category rototilling

08/11/2017

Doneva K.

My bushes and trees had grown completely out of shape and the yard looked more like a jungle than a yard! The worse part was that I’d had a Gardner for the past 6 years and I’d used about 4 or 5 different gardeners for the 5 years before that, 11 years total. When Tony from affordable quality landscape got here I needed $2,100.00 worth of yard work done, so much for having and paying a Gardner(s) all those years! When Tony came to work on my yard he had 2 of his employees with him and the three of them worked for about 3+1/2 to 4 hours all together so if you count the hours between the 3 of them it took 10+1/2 to 12 hours to get my yard done and all of them worked very hard non-stop the entire time they were here! When they were finished I was speechless and I was almost in tears because it looked awesome! My yard was a source of stress to me every single time I looked at it. My neighborhood is not the kind of neighborhood where you can let your yard go because if you do the neighbors will call the city and report you. I couldn’t do the yard work myself anymore due to a back injury so needless to say it was a great source of stress and it gave me a stomach ache every time I opened the blinds in the morning and saw it! Up until the time I couldn’t do the work anymore our yard always looked beautiful, we use to get comments from all the neighbors that ours was the best looking yard in the whole neighborhood and it was. When Tony and his men were finished with my yard I was thrilled because, for one thing, I remembered how my yard USE to look 11 years prior and it looked closer to the way it use to look than it has in the past 11 years! Tony and his men were awesome! They were polite, honest and very hard working, I liked that a lot. To be honest with you I thought that was a lot of money to charge because I was picturing what it would look like when it was done and I didn’t think there was really that much work to do. This was a misconception on my part and it was just that I had expected to get what I’d always gotten. I’d always paid a lot of money before and it never really looked that much different. You see I was expecting what I had always gotten from all the other gardeners which wasn’t that much, it always cost me a lot of money but it never really looked very good when it was done it was just less of a mess if you know what I mean. When these men were done I was SO pleased that each one also got a $20.00 tip, that’s how good my yard looked! Here’s that only bad part about affordable quality landscape: I need a full time regular Gardner but they don’t do regular work in my area, plus in the area they do work in they are booked to the gills! That’s how good they are! They book up quick, heck a man can only do so much work in a day and can only handle so many clients before he’s working 24/7 right? lol :-) But....I did tell him that if they expand to please put me on the top of his list for new clients! Maybe if I’m a good girl my wish will come true!? My father was an extremely hard worker his entire life and he instilled that quality in me, he taught all of his children to do an honest days work for and honest dollar and to do the job well, complete and correct the first time. To be bluntly honest Tony is the FIRST man, and actually the only man, in a LOOOOONG time I’ve hired to do work for me that gave me the "quality of work" my father had instilled in me, and I’ve hired plenty from Tim’s auto repair in Clackamas who completely destroyed my Cadillac to Daniel Barry Simpson of Abbott & Simpson roofing and sheet metal inc. in Portland & Washington to install a new roof who caused over $100,000+ in damage to my home! Each was worse that the one before them! So to receive the type of work and the exact same quality of work my father instilled in me to always provide someone that trust you to do your best, I couldn’t have chosen any better than when I hired Tony and his men from AFFORDABLE QUALITY LANDSCAPING! You don’t find that kind of man much anymore, it’s called honor and integrity where a man’s word is his bond! Tony gave me a bid and that’s what I paid, no extra bull charges at the end! He explained exactly what he was going to do and he did exactly that, and more! That’s all you can ask of a man, to do his best and he did! Thank you Tony Misley for being a man of honor and integrity & thank your men for me as well, you guys are awesome! I LOVE❤️ my yard again! Thank you

Description of Work
I needed my front and back yard mowed and I needed ALL of the bushes trimmed to the correct size, they were bushes that had turned into trees they were so dog-gone big! I also had a dead tree I needed taken out that they cut down and removed. I needed all of the planters/boarders cleaned out and I had a few plants removed all together.

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service

07/19/2017

Bill S.

Really well - we have a large lot that historically was not well cared for. Tony and his crew know that we are working to restore native plantings. Native plants can be difficult to identify given how overrun our place is with blackberries and ivy, etc. When they cleared the weeds and overgrowth, we have a number of mature ferns, thimble berries, and other gorgeous plants that they were careful to leave in place - it looks like we have mature landscaping now!

Description of Work
We've been using Quality Affordable Landscape since 2013. Their work is always top notch and their employees always incredibly professional and pleasant to work with. Thank you!

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, rototilling, tree service

05/12/2017

Gary N.

Very nice job, fairly priced and would use again.

Description of Work
Lawn and yard work.

09/21/2016

Neal L.

The work went very smoothly. We contacted Tony at the start of the summer, and even though he was very busy, he was able to schedule us. We needed him to install a front and side lawn on our house. Before the work even started, he recommended based on the climate and typical summer weather that we should install a sprinkler system to keep the new turf alive during the hot dry end of summer. He recommended another contractor, and Tony was able to coordinate with that contractor. The sprinklers were installed expertly. Since trees were in place before, Tony and his crew were very careful to remove all of the roots they could find. Even smaller ones that the tree stump grinding crew missed, Tony hunted down and removed them because he knew that they could interfere with the turf's growth. Tony and his crew next graded the land which was quite unloved, and brought in topsoil. They mixed in the soil, the rolled everything nice and flat. Finally Tony and his crew put down starter fertilizer to make sure that the sod could get a good head start. Tony and his crew advised us on the appropriate type of grass to get, and he ordered the highest quality sod I have ever seen in my entire life. The sod was cut in early in the morning, and was installed by noon. The crew's attention to detail was meticulous. His landscaping decisions and re-shaping the garden beds really improved the look of our house. Finally, Tony and his crew brought in wonderful hemlock bark dust to pretty up the garden beds. Our lawn looks so beautiful that we get comments from people walking by on how nice it looks. It's literally like having a fairway in front of our house. My wife and I are extremely happy with the services Tony provided, and would definitely use him again when we work on our back yard next.

Description of Work
We needed several overgrown garden beds cleaned up. After two large trees were removed, and other limbs cleaned up by arborists, we were left with a lawn that we completely overgrown with weeds and very spotty grass. Tony and his crew installed a new lawn and cleaned up the garden beds.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

09/11/2016

MARY ANN B.

Excellent! I wish all contractors would be as meticulous and professional as Tony! He is a perfectionist--it shows in the work he and his crew performed. He gave us information about fertilizing and upkeep so that we can maintain our beautiful new lawn--he really cares that it look good for the long term. When we noticed a tiny defect in a small area (2 feet by 1 foot) of the sod a few weeks after installation, I texted a photo; Tony immediately telephoned and was here the next day to correct it. A wonderful experience all around.

Description of Work
Replaced lawn in front and back yards that was in very poor shape after 28 years. Needed extensive rototilling; new soil and sod. Tony got the appropriate type of sod for our yard based on the amount of sunlight we have; and also suggested adjustments to our sprinkler system to ensure that watering would cover the entire lawn. He brought in an expert to make the necessary changes to the sprinklers (for a very reasonable cost.)

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, rototilling

07/28/2016

Matt G.

Tony was excellent to work with! Him and his crew did really nice work. They were very flexible with our schedule and were able to get everything done in an afternoon. Would certainly recommend and will gladly work with again!

Description of Work
My fiance and I needed landscaping clean up, shrub trimming and general lawn care done to an estate we were putting up for rent.

07/28/2016

debi S.

We bought a mid-century "fixer-upper" a year ago. Although we could see the potential of the home's steeply sloped 1/3 acre lot, it became apparent after a few months, that we weren't making much progress in taming the wilderness that our yard had become after years of neglect. We found Tony on Angie's list and three days after he and his great crew started work on our place our wilderness of weeds and debris started to look like a yard again. We have had him back several times to work on various projects and each time he exceeds our expectations, but never our budget-his pricing is very reasonable. Not only is he a hard worker and very knowledgeable about landscaping and gardening, he is pleasant, affable and always gets back to you promptly about questions or requests. Tony Misey is not just a miracle worker; he is the patron saint of lost and neglected yards. Thanks Tony- we owe our beautiful yard to you!

Description of Work
Removal of weeds, debris and plastic ground cover in a large area at the back of our large, steeply sloped yard. Trimming and pruning of mature, severely overgrown fruit trees, ornamental trees and bushes. Removal of many bushes including several large, overgrown rhododendrons. Rototilling, smoothing and rolling areas of the yard that we wanted converted to bark dust. Application of a metal border between grass and bark dusted areas. Removal of grass in the front yard and application of sod. Removal of weeds, debris and plastic ground cover in a large area at the back of our large, steeply sloped yard. Trimming and pruning of mature, severely overgrown fruit trees, ornamental trees and bushes. Removal of many bushes including several large, overgrown rhododendrons. Rototilling, smoothing and rolling areas of the yard that we wanted converted to bark dust. Application of a metal border between grass and bark dusted areas. Removal of grass in the front yard and application of sod. Removal of weeds, debris and plastic ground cover in a large area at the back of our large, steeply sloped yard. Trimming and pruning of mature, severely overgrown fruit trees, ornamental trees and bushes. Removal of many bushes including several large, overgrown rhododendrons. Rototilling, smoothing and rolling areas of the yard that we wanted converted to bark dust. Application of a metal border between grass and bark dusted areas. Removal of grass in the front yard and application of sod. Removal of weeds, debris and plastic ground cover in a large area at the back of our large, steeply sloped yard. Trimming and pruning of mature, severely overgrown fruit trees, ornamental trees and bushes. Removal of many bushes including several large, overgrown rhododendrons. Rototilling, smoothing and rolling areas of the yard that we wanted converted to bark dust. Application of a metal border between grass and bark dusted areas. Removal of grass in the front yard and application of sod. Removal of weeds, debris and plastic ground cover in a large area at the back of our large, steeply sloped yard. Trimming and pruning of mature, severely overgrown fruit trees, ornamental trees and bushes. Removal of many bushes including several large, overgrown rhododendrons. Rototilling, smoothing and rolling areas of the yard that we wanted converted to bark dust. Application of a metal border between grass and bark dusted areas. Removal of grass in the front yard and application of sod.

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, rototilling, tree service

07/26/2016

debi S.

Description of Work

Category hauling services, lawn service, lawn treatment, rototilling, tree service

04/12/2016

NANCY R.

This will be the second time I have used this company and will continue to do so in the future. Previous job I had done in the Fall of 2015 was a lawn restoration and my lawn now looks like a brand new lawn. I wish I could post the before and after pics. The owner of the company Tony Misley is very professional, friendly, punctual and all the workers work harder than ever. I was so impressed both times. When I had the lawn restoration Tony explained every detail to me of what I needed to do to get my lawn looking like it does and he even wrote out complete instructions on what I needed to do. i would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to have any type of landscape work done because I know how hard it is to find honest, hard working companies and I truly feel I finely have found just that.

Description of Work
Treated weeds in beds and broadleaf weeds. Fertilize lawn, apply iron, and delivered and spread 3 yards aged hemlock.

Category lawn treatment, mulch

11/10/2015

NANCY R.

I must say they did a BEAUTIFUL JOB. My lawn looks brand new and I have had so many compliments even from people I don't know. Tony and his crew were so professional, punctual, and friendly and always kept me informed when he was coming over and what they were going to do. He also gave me written complete instructions on how to care for my lawn. I was very impressed with him and his crew and I would DEFINITELY call him again for any yard or tree jobs I need done.

Description of Work
I had all my front lawn done Thatching, re-seeding, weed and crabgrass removal. (Lawn Restoration) and also had 2 trees trimmed that were hanging close to my house.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

11/02/2015

JANE K.

Tony Misley and his crew first treated the lawn for broadleaf weeds. They then thatched, aerated and seeded it, paying special attention to bald patches or shady areas that needed a mix of seed for best effect. The whole area was then top-dressed with compost, rolled, fertilized and limed. Tony explained carefully how often we would need to water the lawn until the new seed had germinated, and even waited to see that we had got the sprinkler system up correctly to make sure we covered the entire lawn area. In all a thoroughly professional lawn treatment. We would certainly go with this company next time.

Description of Work
Restored lawn that was in very bad shape due to long hot summer and hard underlying soil.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch

09/15/2015

Camille K.

They were so personable and it is obvious that Tony sets the standard by working right along side of his employees. They all took great pride in their work. I highly recommend this landscape service. Tony and his two employees did everything that was in the estimate contract. As I watch the amount of work that went into this project, it was obvious to me, that we got a beautiful quality lawn at a very affordable price. This was worth every penny. This is a business with an owner that exudes integrity.

Description of Work
Tony Misley re-sodded our lawn. Two weeks ago, Tony applied herbicide to our lawn in the front which was filled with noxious weeds. He reapplied the product and then sprayed an additional herbicide to the lawn. We scheduled the new sod replacement for Sept. 14th. As he promised, he was at our home first thing in the morning to began the work. He had two employees with him. From 7:30AM until almost 5PM, the 3 of them worked (I mean really worked). They used weed trimmers to get the grass down and then raked and removed old grass and raked, rototilled and raked. They filled wheel barrow after wheel barrow until they added 5 yards of 3 - way blend to the soil, then rototilled again and then raked out the clumps. Then they graded and rolled the soil. They found an issue with the sprinkler heads and Tony went to purchase risers and fix the sprinkler head.. They rolled again then got the sod (beautiful ryegrass). They rolled out the sod, limed, fertilizer and rolled it again. They removed all the left over grass and dirt. They cleaned the sprinkler heads and tested the sprinklers. Then they washed down the driveway and sidewalks. I have never experienced anyone, who worked as hard and long as these three men. They were an inspiration.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, pressure washing

06/05/2015

LeRoy R.

Fallon did a great job with to power tools, kept busy the whole way through and made Our Yard Presentable.!!! Thanks to Both Tony & to Fallen!!!!

Description of Work
Tony was booked up so he refereed another good man named Fallen.

04/14/2015

Kathleen L.

Tony was very prompt in giving an estimate. When it was time to do the job, he and two others arrived and went right to work. One trimmed the hedge while the other worked on the other shrubs. Tony himself did the repair of the lawn, thatching and applying new soil, and then seeding and fertilizing. All of the front lawn was edged. They took the debris away which was a plus. Everything looked great and the crew was very pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Trimmed hedge and several shrubs, thatched and reseeded a very bumpy portion of lawn, edged lawn.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

02/08/2015

MARINA R.

Had a job with short notice. He and his crew fit me into their schedule. They do wonderful work. On time, efficient and very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Topped Laurel trees, cleaned up branches, cleaned yards, removed debris, blew off roof, cleaned gutters, moved large pots, mowed, cleaned driveway.

Category gutter cleaning, hauling services, lawn service, tree service, pressure washing, roof cleaning

10/08/2014

Marj K.

Tony showed up promptly. He & his crew did all the work in a short time & were very careful about our deck & patio. A month after he did our work, we had a green, healthy lawn. It hasn't looked that good in quite awhile. We intend to have Tony come back each year to do what the lawns need to stay in good condition. We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
He killed moss & broad-leaf weeds; then thatched, raked, seeded, & fertilized our front & back lawns.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal

10/06/2014

Rebecca M.

It went very well We get compliments on it all the time

Description of Work
Paver stones solution for front yard

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

09/30/2014

Randy D.

Tony and his crew arrived promptly and immediately started the removal process in the front yard. They eradicated the existing grass, tilled, leveled, graded, fertilized and installed the new sod. The transformation literally stopped traffic! Tony was very thorough in going over the care and maintenance of the new sod. Everything was done so fast but very well. Affordable Quality Landscaping certainly lived up to its' name Thanks Tony!

Description of Work
The front yard was a huge neighborhood eyesore and our large dogs had turned the back yard into a miniature version of the cascades (all hills and dips). Tony and his crew performed miracles. They recommended a new type of grass (RTF) to replace the existing disaster. The backyard was aerated

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

09/16/2014

odessa R.

Tony was fantastic. He was very professional and knowledgable. His crew performed a ton of work in only a day and left our yard dazzling! Our house sold within 3 days and I am convinced that Tony's work attracted buyers.

Description of Work
Edging, weed removal, new river rock and bark dust, cleared garden beds and added dirt.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping