Above Board Handyman Services

Founded 2014 • With Angi since November 2013

312 N Garfield Street

Newberg, OR 97132

Residential General Contractor - Over 25 years of experiance...

01/25/2018

Tony B.

Very thoughtful inspection of our needs.

Description of Work
Very prompt and professional! Answered my call and concerns immediately. While we decided to go in another direction, I would call this company again if needed.

10/16/2017

Laurie S.

1 day and he was very skilled

Description of Work
Fixing closet doors

Category handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

07/21/2017

Sharlie H.

Awesome! It looks beautiful. His attention to detail is excellent. He wasn't very quick, too. Very accommodating to our tight deadline, too. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Custom install of over-the-range microwave

04/10/2017

Kristen C.

Great. On time.

Description of Work
Needed outdoor hose bibs replaced with frost safety extensions into the house.

Category handyman service, plumbing

01/06/2017

Marc K.

Since he didn't show up, I have no way to know if he does good work but I'm not inclined to give him another chance.

Description of Work
I had arranged for handyman work at my house almost a month ago. My daughter waited over an hour and he never showed up. After multiple attempts to call him, she finally got through and he said he forgot and wouldn't be able to get there today. Needless to say, we won't be using him. Very disappointing!

12/14/2016

Terry P.

it hasn't gone yet!

Description of Work
still have not received my quote...I do need this done!

Category plumbing

09/29/2016

Neil F.

Vaughn did a very good job.

Description of Work
Windowsill tile work and some building construction

12/25/2015

Mary L M.

Description of Work
Installed new screen door, other misc tasks

Category decks, handyman service

07/14/2015

Nancy S.

He brought his team to get the job done as quickly as possible. We needed parts which he got and applied on a timely basis. he explained to me what he was doing and why. Easy to work with.

Description of Work
Installed sprinkler box, fixed sprinkler system, inspected stuck sprinkler valve and resolved

05/26/2015

Meghan O.

Vaughn Lee and his assistant from Above Board came out to look at my deck in late April. He gave me a quote for $300-400 to weather seal my 10'x20' deck. At first he said he charged $80 per hour and thought the job would take 2-3 hours so the estimate was on the high side, but I agreed. He said he was currently finishing up a job but would come at 9am on May 11, to at least begin the pressure washing even if it was raining and then talk about when to do the weather sealing when the weather allowed. He did not arrive on May 11 and when I called he said he only meant he would call to set up a time for the work to be done. He then said he would call the following Monday (May 18). I didn't understand why I should wait another week for a phone call when we were already speaking by phone, but again I agreed. He did not call May 18, and to date (May 26) I have not heard from him. Update: It's now July 2 - he never called back.

Description of Work
No work was performed

Category handyman service, deck cleaning, pressure washing

04/14/2015

KRISTINA F.

Vaughn was very responsive, and able to schedule a visit the next day. He not only took care of the work we requested, he also helped with an additional task (Removing a built-in bookcase and desk). He discussed some additional items we need completed in the near future. We will definitely use him again - he was great! I have also shared his name with some co-workers!

Description of Work
Vaughn replaced deck boards that had rotten away. He also removed a built in bookcase.

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning, woodworking

04/02/2015

John M.

It was a fine experience. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Above Board Handyman Services in September. They did a variety of things and whole list and part of it included repairing some parts of the deck, replacing some deck boards and painting and other whole list of things that I can't remember including some leaky faucet.

Category handyman service, plumbing, deck cleaning, house painters

10/30/2014

Christopher W.

Vaughn Has helped us with Changing all of our Ceiling lights, added ceiling Fans ,put in all or locks, fixed a huge Garage door problem. With all the supplies that i didn't know to get Vaughn and his team would pick up all the things needed and did the jobs sooo Quickly and efficiently. We Have so many other project that we will definitely be calling Above Board HandyMan Vaughn Lee again and again.

Description of Work
We had been looking around for a handyman to help with our own house repairs and we came across Vaughn Lee. He is quite the Pro, we had been looking for. Not only was he punctual he was quick and was so friendly and flexible. We had an emergency with our hand pull garage door and thought we had to buy a whole new one cause the tracks got off track and the Garage door was all crooked... But he did what Vaughn does... Him and his crew went in and fixed it! Just like that! We have been so pleased with his work he now works with us on our other Rental homes. Vaughn Lee is very honest and trust worthy. We are so pleased to have found him!

Category garage doors, handyman service, lighting

10/03/2014

Laurie W.

Description of Work
Vaughn determined where the leak was coming from. He gave us the option of fixing it ourselves and saving money, or having him come back to do the job. He instructed us on how to fix it and it worked!! | |We will definitely keep Vaughn on our list and call him again.

08/16/2014

Debra B.

Well first of all I used Vaughn may times in the past, before joining Angies list. He was on time, the job entailed much more then thought and took longer , but got it down right and did everything even though it was getting late. As always knows his stuff, I was a complete wreck but he calmed me down and got everything done. And cleaned up after he was finished. He is the best handyman ever and I have had quite a few. He is my go to guy.

Description of Work
Fixed anbd replaced sprinkler head. Replaced broken sprinkler pipe. Fixed two lamps, replaced 2 light sockets in wall and installed a pedestal sink.

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing

05/31/2014

Carol B.

Description of Work
Move large screen tv and mount it in another room. Repair all holes in wall. It went great! He did some extra things at no charge.

Category drywall, garage doors, handyman service, hardwood floor, woodworking

04/06/2014

Janice D.

The owner and a helper did the job over a few days. The floor was so water soaked that it took a couple days to let some of the wall boards dry after they were exposed. We couldn't take out all the boards since it was a shared floor/wall with the neighbors condo. So Vaughn set up heaters for a couple days to ensure all was good and dry before installing the new floor. Everything went well and the tile job was perfect! You just never know if a handyman can do every job to perfection, but this one can!! Very happy with the outcome and my tenants love their new bathroom tile.

Description of Work
Replaced Bathroom Linoleum Floor with Tile. There was water damage from a toilet leak so the subfloor needed to be replaced too. - Removed toilet, removed old linoleum, removed rotted boards. - Installed new wonder board, tiled/grouted entire floor, cut and installed new baseboard trim, reinstalled toilet, hung towel bars and door.

01/01/2014

Janice D.

Vaughn Lee did the job from start to finish. He set up his saw outside on the deck so the sawdust mess was contained to outside. It took about 4 days for one person. He could have gotten more help if I needed it done sooner, but I said it was fine to just have him since I know he does excellent work. One problem I wanted solved before reinstalling the floor was to fix all the squeaky boards. So he drove long screws into all the areas I pointed out and fixed the annoying squeaking. There were many angled cuts and specialty areas. It’s not a rectangular room so he had to use his skill to cut it perfectly. There was hardly any waste since he tried hard to use as little wood so I could return any extra for refund. He also added a pattern to the layout which made it look all the more elegant. Whatever tool he used to tack up the new wood trim, left barely noticeable pinholes. I didn’t even have to have them patched since you can’t see them. Love the finished product and I highly recommend using ABOVE BOARD for any hardwood installation.

Description of Work
- Removed existing flooring (carpeting), repaired rotten subfloor section, screwed down squeaky boards, and hauled away debris - Installed approximately 550 sq. ft. of new bamboo hardwood flooring in family room, kitchen and pantry. Cut and installed new baseboard and customized transition pieces - Adjusted refrigerator to fit under cabinets, adjusted the floor plug-ins to fit the new floor height, and trimmed down pantry door

Category handyman service, hardwood floor, woodworking

12/20/2013

Janice D.

It was a freezing Thanksgiving weekend and my tenant’s hot water heater gave out. The house is in a small town about 100 miles from where I live. I couldn’t find a plumber able to do the work until a week out. So I called my usual handyman and asked if he’d be willing to drive that far and do the job. He said no problem. We bought the water heater and supplies the night before so he could have what he needed for the morning drive. When he arrived there was a problem with the water shut-off not working. So he figured a way to cap the line so he could drain the tank. He installed the new water heater and hauled the old one home. I am so thankful for Vaughn and his ability to handle any problem, anywhere!

Description of Work
- Remove existing hot water tank - Install new tank

Category handyman service, plumbing

12/07/2013

Janice D.

I can count on ABOVE BOARD to be able to handle all my handyman needs. I had a laundry list of different problems that were all addressed quickly and done with quality workmanship. We had water pouring through the ceiling from the upstairs into the kitchen of the downstairs when the shower was turned on. Vaughn was able to cut a small hole in the ceiling to repair the loosened drain where the problem originated. He silicone it all and problem was solved. We discussed ideas on patching the hole in the ceiling. He is very inventive on solving problems and came up with the idea of putting a cover over the spot so that the pipes could easily be accessed if needed working on in the future. So we installed a ceiling vent grate that looks like the others. No need to do drywall work. Next he tightened the pipes under the sink so they don't leak. Next he removed and installed a new light fixture in one of the bathrooms. And finally removed two old garage door openers and installed a new type (direct drive, which I highly recommend) of garage door opener for both doors. He followed the install directions, programmed them, tacked up all wires, installed sensors, and a keypad. Again, this company is so excellent to work with because they have a wide array of abilities and aim to please.

Description of Work
- Removed and replaced two garage door openers and keypad - Fixed leaky shower drain and leaky sink drain - Removed and replaced bathroom light fixture

Category garage doors, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

12/07/2013

Janice D.

Since this is a 1 bathroom condo that my 90 year old mother lives in, they were aware of getting the job done quickly with the least disturbance to her. The walls were in bad shape; wallpapered, and had a wood light fixture bracket that marred the walls. They started by removing all the old wallpaper, light fixture bracket, floor molding, and lastly the toilet. What was behind the wallpaper were pink painted walls and a lot of uneven texture. I wish I had pictures to show the before and after shots. They somehow made the walls look like new. They patched all the holes and retextured everything, installed a new toilet, put up three new light fixtures to replace the ugly wood fixture that used to be there. It's like night and day. Very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
- Prepped bathroom walls for painting - Removed and replaced toilet with new one - Removed old light fixture/bracket, repaired holes and replaced with 3 new light fixtures - Removed all wallpaper, mudded and textured entire room

Category drywall, handyman service, wallpaper removal, home remodeling

Janice D.

Two of ABOVE BOARD professionals came out to evaluate the issue. The roof that covered my deck area was sinking into the dirt because it wasn't installed properly from someone else. The following week 3 people came out to jack up the heavy roof, remove 4 6and quot;x6and quot; posts and a beam, pour concrete, and install new beams/posts. They hauled away all debris and make it look like new. Happy with the results and now I don't have to worry about the roof toppling in on me!

Description of Work
- Remove and replaced rotted beams/posts that held up roof over hot tub area - Poured concrete to anchor new posts in

Category sunrooms

Janice D.

This was the first time using this company so I was very interested to see how they did since I need a good, reliable handyman. Vaughn Lee started working immediately and quickly to do my laundry list of items. He was quick, did quality work, and was extremely pleasant and ready to please. An unexpected problem came up when the shut-off valve broke and we had to fix that. It was late Friday night but he stayed and soldered a new valve on and made sure everything was fine. I didn't need to call a plumber since he could do it all. He's very dedicated to serving his customers.

Description of Work
- Removed and custom fix a new bathroom cabinet countertop - Installed new sink and faucets - Removed and installed new microwave above stove - Fixed broken water shut-off valve

Category countertops, handyman service

Janice D.

I purchased a new quartz counter top at Home Depot for a reasonable price. But when they told me the cost to remove my old tile counters, I decided to call a handyman to compare. Wow, big difference in price. Vaughn came out and took care of all the tile removal and old stovetop removal to get ready for the slab install, for way less money. Also, the people that installed the new counter would not hook the stovetop gas line back up. So Vaughn came by that very day to hook it up. I love this guy!

Description of Work
Demo'd a large tiled countertop, removed stovetop, to prepare for a new quartz countertop install

Category countertops

Cedar Care

We specialize in maintenance and preservation of cedar shake and shingle roofs, something that many contractors simply don't handle. Our qualified and experienced team is also able to diagnose leaks and other problems, quickly repairing damaged areas of the roof and protecting your home from damage.

Pressure Power

Call Pressure Power for affordable residential flat surface pressure washing. Driveway Special is $80 for 500 square feet. That's an 18' x 28' driveway! Additional driveway or public sidewalk is just 18 cents per square foot. I’m Jim Boucher, the owner. I stand apart from the rest because PRESSURE WASHING IS ALL I DO! It isn’t an ‘add-on’ service. I won’t mow your lawn, paint your house, clean your gutters or wash your windows. I focus on the 'HARDSCAPES at your home. So, I will clean your DRIVEWAY, SIDEWALK, CURB, ENTRYWAY, LANDING, PATIO, DECK, RV PAD, SPORT COURT, or POOL AREA. You get the idea. Please NOTE. Pressure Power does NOT clean roofs, gutters, siding, structures or buildings. With 11 years experience, the right tools, two of everything, and a passion for pressure washing, Pressure Power gets it right the first time. If you are not satisfied, I’ll make it right. I stand by my work because I love what I do. I DO every job and I look forward to EVERY job. Call, text or email any time (till 10 PM) and please visit my website to see my work and learn more about my business. With Pressure Power estimates are always free and there are no hidden fees or set-up fees. Pressure Power is a properly insured ($1,000,000) and registered business in Washington County, Oregon. Thanks for your time. Jim Boucher Owner, Pressure Power LLC

Leighs Gutter & Pressure Washing

Since 2005 Leigh's strives to meet and exceed customer expectations. We deliver what you envision with honesty, trust, dependability, and respect. We look forward to showing you how beautiful your home can be!

Gazebo's, Decks, fences, concrete, residential remodels, drywall, pull barns, & handyman