Ed Gause Construction

Founded 1975 • With Angi since June 2005

Owner-operated. Uses subs for electrical & plumbing. Charges hourly rate of $55 (2/11/09). No travel charges. Only build/repair decks up to 10 feet high. License # 82643. Ask about Angie's List discount. I would prefer that you call me instead of using the Angie's List Message Center.

decks & porches (207)deck cleaning (13)general contractors (11)door installation (9)fence company (8)woodworking (6)concrete repair (6)house painting (2)window replacement (2)siding companies (2)garage doors (2)mudjacking (1)

10/18/2022

brenda H.

Ed and his helper Alex did amazing job and were very timely about building my deck and porch. He was cheaper then other quotes started in two days of signing contract and finished in the time he quoted. Ed did have a couple mishaps happen and feel bad that he dented his truck bringing the materials. I would highly recommend him for your construction needs.. still can’t believe he in his 80’s for he moves and talks like that of a forty year old man. Did not slow him down at all. We will truely enjoy our new deck and think of Ed and his helper Alex every time I am using my deck to bbq and entertain. It changed the whole look of our place and made it way better. If you want quality and professionalism and some one honest call Ed Gause Construction.

Description of Work
New 16 x 24 deck with steps and 8 x 10 porch with steps

Work Completed On 10/17/2022

07/17/2022

Kirk S.

From start to finish, Ed and his team did a great job replacing our deck. He is the consummate profession and very easy to work with. We received multiple bids and we appreciated his straight forward approach, pricing and availability to start the job right away. Ed was an absolute professional and I highly recommend him for any deck work based on the quality of job he did on our deck.

Description of Work
Replaced a deck on our split-level home

Work Completed On 07/17/2022

10/27/2021

Dacia D.

Ed did a fantastic job replacing the deck railing that was installed poorly by previous owners and was unsafe. His communication was great and his work is beautiful. He was a joy to have around and has great jokes!

Description of Work
Replace deck railing

Category decks, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 10/27/2021

08/27/2021

Sil D.

Beautiful detailed work, accurate fixed costs -and a free side order of humor! Ed Gause, Lake Oswego, OR delivers composite decks that are both beautiful, well crafted, and on budget. What more do you want in a deck person? Everything I wanted was implemented with attention to detail. I received a fixed cost bid that included all foreseeable materials and labor. But be prepared for the cost of materials. Ed normally does smaller projects but after careful consideration Ed decided to take on my large project. Our main patio, along with the fence running the entire length of my dog run is a monster! It is an expansive two level deck with a full set of stairs leading up to a gazebo on the top level. See photos. It was also was in need of some structural repairs as well. In our opinion, its one of the best-looking patio we've seen. Next was the small deck off of our master bedroom -on the second floor! It also needed additional structural joists to decrease the floor board spans. Miters and enc cuts were sharp and clean,. Then after painting all the end cuts, the composite lumber blended into a seamless, flowing wood like appearance. See photos. Sil & DIane Davis

Description of Work
Large patio, fence cap piece along dog run, and smaller patio off the master bedroom

Category contractors, decks, fencing

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

Review for Ed Gause Construction - 17460 Tree Top Ln, Lake Oswego, OR - 39456512

10/20/2020

Ryan B.

Ed and his grandson Ryan transformed our deck from old and dilapidated to new and beautiful. I'm certain that our deck currently looks better than when it was originally built. Ed also poured a concrete slab next to the deck where a future hot tub will go. We're very happy with the finished product and have even talked with Ed about replacing an upper deck on our home. His price was great and we feel like we got a good deal considering the beautiful work. The installed steps are built so debris doesn't constantly gather underneath like the previous deck. We will definitely hire Ed again.

Description of Work
Deck surface and railing replaced.

Category concrete repair, decks

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

Review for Ed Gause Construction - 17460 Tree Top Ln, Lake Oswego, OR - 38961608

09/07/2020

Osamu M.

Ed was very responsive in coming out and then calling me with his estimate. He started working the following week and we are really happy with the quality and look of the deck! He also gave some good suggestions along the way. Also, when I texted him about a post that needed a minor repair, he came back right away to take care of it. We would definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
remove and reinstall a new cedar deck

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

07/07/2020

Robyn B.

Ed gave us a bid and was able to squeeze our small project between two larger ones. He showed up when he said he would, and finished the project in a day. It looks great - lots of attention to small details. One small part associated with the railing didn't come in and he came back out as soon as a replacement came in and took care of everything. We're really happy with the work. Will use Ed again.

Description of Work
Front porch - 12x7'

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Review for Ed Gause Construction - 17460 Tree Top Ln, Lake Oswego, OR - 38698529

05/29/2020

Jim B.

Went great once the weather cooperated. Ed and his crew showed up on time and were very professional. You could tell he knows his stuff. Ed has Great jokes.

Description of Work
Leveling my deck

Category contractors, decks

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

05/26/2020

Brenda T.

Did a great job. Price was reasonable and work was very professional. Work was completed timely and even stained another banister for me off another set of steps. Very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Replace stairs off my deck to back yard

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

05/06/2020

SABINA S.

Very well done. Quick response, efficient work on site and a little bonus touch.

Description of Work
Add hand rail to existing deck

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

05/02/2020

Greg B.

Ed was very fast with an estimate and once the estimate was accepted came by with a contract with the scope of work. Work was started at an agreed upon time and finished quickly. A couple trim pieces for the railing were missing and Ed made two additional trips to get those placed and the project finished. Finished product looks nice and cost was very reasonable.

Description of Work
7 foot by 12 foot porch with railing added to the front of the house.

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

04/28/2020

Joan V.

Ed came right on team, with a helper, and they completed the job within a couple of hours. He even went back home to get an additional board to replace one that we found to be rotting!

Description of Work
Remove old trellis construction and repair

Category contractors, fencing, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

04/08/2020

Michael C.

Ed came to the house right after I hired him. He came twice to evaluate the job. Then he came back with his crew two days later after giving me a quote for the job that I found reasonable and less than another contractor. He came twice more to complete the deck, always showed up for work when he said he would, and always cleaned up the site before he left.

Description of Work
Bought a 12 ft X 14 ft cedar gazebo from Costco. Ed put it together on my back deck

Category decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/06/2020

03/27/2020

Michael K.

Excellent, highly professional work! Great personality. Timely communication. Local family company.

Description of Work
large deck from composite materials

Work Completed On 03/27/2020

03/04/2020

Carol L.

Wonderful, Ed gave me the best bid and did a fabulous job...he was always on time...finished the work so fast...and cleaned up...thank you Angies list for providing me the name of an excellent contractor....

Description of Work
Repair and replace deck and rails

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

Review for Ed Gause Construction - 17460 Tree Top Ln, Lake Oswego, OR - 38424834

12/12/2019

Jessie C.

Conscientious, listened to my needs, gave me options and very willing to help. He was punctual and his work was done beautifully.

Description of Work
Front Deck.

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

12/12/2019

Steve M.

It was good. They were seem to be on time and took care everything efficiently in a good fashion.

Description of Work
They replaced the beam supporting my deck.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 06/15/2019

09/11/2019

Gary P.

I left a message for Ed who called the same evening and we arranged a meeting. I wanted to replace the deck boards with composite and after meeting him I knew he was the man for the job. Very thorough in explaining the process and the cost. He was able to start the work quickly due to a cancellation. In 3 days the job was done with a Timber Tech product and it turned out beautiful. No more pressure washing the old deck, sanding and staining. If you are looking for a new deck or a rehab on a older deck you need not look any further than Ed.. Honest and dependable.

Description of Work
Replace cedar deck boards with Timber Tech. Rebuild deck steps.

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

07/01/2019

JEFFREY S.

Ed and crew did a great job. They were able to schedule the work within a week of our accepting the estimate. Their price included pre-staining the wood, which was often not included in other estimates. We appreciated their efficiency, professionalism and problem solving. We love our deck!

Description of Work
Replacing existing 12x18 cedar deck with railings

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

05/17/2019

KATHY F.

Perfectly. He came out promptly and checked things out thoroughly, ordered the lumber from his usual supplier, and on the day agreed upon (4 days from my first phone call!) he and his two grandsons showed up and got to work. The stairs are nice and sturdy and he pre-stained them to preserve the wood., as well as routed the ends. Looks great.

Description of Work
Rebuild rotten steps

Work Completed On 05/16/2019

03/03/2019

Courtney K.

They did an excellent job! This is the second time we've hired them (the first was for a rental property; they built a composite deck). Highly recommend them. Trustworthy and honest. Bids are very reasonable.

Description of Work
Ed and his crew built a cedar deck and large staircase for us. They also repaired dry rot in the process and took care of other problems to ensure the structure will be sound moving forward.

Work Completed On 03/02/2019

09/16/2018

Susan F.

I love my new deck. Ed and team appear to have done a great job and the price was excellent relative to the other 4 quotes I got.

Description of Work
built a new deck