Bull Mountain Heating AC & Insulation

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2006

16869 SW 65th Ave #144

Lake Oswego, OR 97035

Bull Mountain Heating, AC & Insulation is a family owned and operated, full service home performance company working to help clients become more energy efficient. We install, service and maintenance heating and cooling systems of all kinds, makes and models. For residential homes we also have a

06/30/2021

Alex M.

Truly excellent. Installation of Lennox AC unit. And humidifier. We joined their service club for twice annual maintenance visit. They are very with it. They know your system when you call, and as a service member, you get quick response service. They confirm appointments by text, text you when they are coming and about to arrive. And you cab track the driver. Always knowledgeable service pros when on site with clear explanations of what happened. Pricing seems very good too. I wish all vendors were like this. 5 stars for sure.

Description of Work
Install and service HVAC

01/25/2021

Neshe N.

They very good and professional. Their charges are reasonable. On time company.

Description of Work
HVAC

08/20/2019

Katelynn G.

David and Jack did a great job replacing two bulky vents in our basement. We were looking to scale them down in size and push one toward the wall to downsize the soffits as part of our basement remodel. They also added a heating vent in one room where we had not previously had one. Overall, it looks so much better and is exactly what we had hoped to achieve. They worked quickly and were polite and courteous. The price also seemed very fair and was significantly less than the other bid we received from a smaller company. We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Duct replacement and installation of new heating vent

05/31/2019

Craig B.

They been a great company. They let me know that I am due for kind of tune up and inspection, They are very prompt and I am very happy with them.

Description of Work
They did cleaning and inspection of my heating.

03/04/2019

Melinda B.

Bull Mountain Heating AC & Insulation replaced our entire duct system and fixed the very uneven heating within our house. When our bedrooms were 70 degrees, the family room was ~60 degrees (unless we used a space heater), and the finished basement was ~50 degrees. We had a few different companies come out to our house, each of which recommended a different solution. The other companies weren’t sure what was causing the issue. They recommended band aid fixes that “might” help. Bull Mountain took measurements, did some calculations, and determined the cause of the problem. For a little more than the cost of the “band aid” fixes, they proposed a solution to fix the problem. It required replacing the entire duct system, replacing vents, and added a return register. In addition, the area in our house they had to work within was very tight and challenging. After 2 full days of working in very small crawl space and small attic we tested the new system. Our entire house is now evenly heated. They were professional, clean up afterwards, and followed-up to make sure everything was working well. I will recommend them to anyone who asks and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Replaced our entire duct system and fixed the very uneven heating within our house

09/17/2018

Susan H.

I have had Bull Mt. service our furnace as part of a twice yearly scheduled maintenance program. The technician found problems with the AC during the spring visit, so we decided to replace the unit. As part of the job, the crew also installed some improvements to the furnace. They even finished ahead of schedule! This is a family business that exhibits professionalism and excellent service in every way!

Description of Work
replacement of air conditioning unit, regular maintenance

08/20/2018

askim S.

great- on time arrival, clean service

Description of Work
AC service

07/28/2018

Wendy L.

These guys went above and beyond! They charge a fair price and are very responsive and very courteous. I would hire them again and will in the future when I get a new HVAC system! I can't say enough great things about them!

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

07/08/2018

BONNIE C.

I wrote on a holiday. Early the next morning I received an email with specific bid amounts depending on what would be done. The technician, Wendel, came out that afternoon. He was prompt, courteous, he put booties on to come in the house. He assessed the situation and explained to me that there was actually nothing wrong with my system. The problem was air flow circulation, partly because of the structure of my house and where the refrigerant coils are. He explained exactly what I needed to do. He did not perform any unnecessary work. He charged $79 for this consultation, which is exactly what the owner said would be the initial visit fee. I am very happy with them and the next time I have a furnace or a/c problem I am calling them! Thank you!

Description of Work
Needed assessment of A/C which was not cooling properly

05/11/2018

John S.

Great service start to finish. Very impressed with how swift the repairs went - from first contact, diagnostics, ordering parts, and final repairs was a matter of days. I feel like they went over and above to make sure the furnace was functioning properly, which I appreciate. Really happy with the service.

Description of Work
My high efficiency furnace was leaking and needed both a new condensation hose and to clean out the drain system.

03/12/2018

Paul D.

Used the Angie's list coupon to have a furnace tune up. They called the next day to schedule and that guy was really nice. The technician showed up right on time at the top of the 2 hour window given. He serviced the furnace for about an hour and recommend replacing a piece inside. That was 129.00 extra but he was already here so I said yes. I feel they are little more expensive but I would say it's worth it. All in all he was here about 2 hours. I like that they use a pad to type up the receipt and just email it to you. Super easy. Furnace is working good!

Description of Work
Furnace tune up

03/07/2018

mike C.

Tech showed up around time said. Performed service. My furnace was older and he wasn't familiar with some of the controls, but figured it all out in the end. Runs great now

Description of Work
furnace clean

03/07/2018

RACHAEL R.

Great! Work was scheduled promptly and the service was great!

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance

01/30/2018

Dee Dee R.

Laura was kind, helpful, and prompt when I contacted through AL. She gave me pricing and set up service at the time I requested. Wendel was prompt in his arrival time, professional in his work and the whole experience went very well. I will use them on my next scheduled maintenance without hesitation.

Description of Work
Maintenance on Daikin ductless heat pump and Rinnai tankless recirculating water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

01/03/2018

Shelly B.

Friendly, punctual, plan on using in the future.

Description of Work
Furnace tune-up

12/22/2017

Paulette K.

Unable to complete, because not licensed in Washington. I tried two and had the same problem. Angies List needs to make it clear to buyer whether a company is able to work in their state. Not sure if I got $ back.

Description of Work
Air conditioner inspection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello [Member Name Removed], I do apologize that we were not able to serve you. I did check our account statement, and it does show that a refund was taken out by Angie's List on 9/22/17. If you do not see it on your side, please contact Angie's List directly. Thank you, Bull Mountain Team

12/18/2017

Todd H.

Got the job done and answered a few questions about our thermostat before leaving.

Description of Work
Furnace tune up

11/17/2017

Matt H.

Great service and communication. Would recommend

Description of Work
hvac cleaning

11/15/2017

Celeste D.

Work was performed as scheduled. The company is very responsive, and the technician was very prompt, courteous, and professional.

Description of Work
Furnace tune-up

11/14/2017

Anne K.

See above they worked above and beyond what was required.

Description of Work
They identified a leakage and repaired it. And we signed up for a contract to check furnace and air conditioner every year. Very pleased with the service.

11/07/2017

Lee P.

Serviceman arrived on time and went right to work and serviced both units. One unit needed a part replaced which had an effect on the cost. Those parts don't come cheap. However, as we discussed a year ago, it really needed to be done. This is second year I have used Bull Mountain and will probably used them again next year. I also use them to service my daughter's house.

Description of Work
Annual service of furnace and AC unit.

11/06/2017

Barbara R.

He said the burner was rusty, furnace was 20 yrs old, and lacked safety features. He didn’t high pressure us to get a new one. He cleaned up after himself. I would use the company again.

Description of Work
Inspect our furnace in preparation for winter.

10/03/2017

Daniel N.

Went great, the inspector was professional. I was asked to turn furnace on at thermostat, confirm there was air flow from any vent, then a few minutes later to turn it off. The rest of the 30 minutes or so he completed at the furnace without needing me. It was done, all checked out. I later got emailed a detailed invoice with everything that was checked/done. Great experience.

Description of Work
Annual furnace inspection/tuneup.

09/11/2017

Patricia S.

I have a maintenance agreement and they called to let me know it was time. Scheduling was convenient and work performed professionally. Just need to pay for the special filter.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance check and filter change

09/01/2017

Carol E.

did well, Wendell seemed to be pretty knowledgeable and helpful.

Description of Work
air conditioning tune up and heating tune up