A1 Installations NW

15842 Upper Boones Ferry Rd

Lake Oswego, OR 97035

10/09/2020

Brandon S.

I did not hire these guys but they were hired via Costco to install my dishwasher. They were very friendly, punctionual, and professional. I would use these guys again if given the chance.

Description of Work
Dishwasher Installation

02/19/2017

Vivian T.

I bought a Sears dishwasher and it included installation and removal of an older Sears' dishwasher. The fellow came and removed the old dishwasher and said he couldn't put the new one in because I needed to shave off 1/4 inch from the bottom right side panel of the kitchen cabinet. I said that all Sears' dishwashers are standardized in measurements and the new one should fit. He responded, "No you had an older model and they don't make them that size anymore." He suggested I have someone fix the cabinet and then have that person install the new dishwasher. This man didn't even bother to open the box to assess the new dishwasher. Obviously he didn't want to do the job. I then proceeded to call the company and they never answered the phone. I left a series of voice messages over a one week period. They did call back once but I was not available but did call them back within an hour. Again, they did not answer the phone. I did find someone else who was able to connect all the lines of the dishwasher. And the new dishwasher did fit into the cabinet space without any alteration! What a waste of my time. DO NOT USE A-1 APPLIANCE NW

Description of Work
Remove an old dishwasher and replace it with a new one.

02/04/2016

Kim G.

The A-1 Installations Technicians were right on time they were dressed professionally very courteous they were very quick and knew exactly what they were doing they were careful to keep things clean and overall did a great job. the overall cost was less than it would have cost to just have the dishwasher delivered to the house. I would recommend their services to anyone. I was pleasantly surprised at their professionalism.

Description of Work
A1 Installations picked up our new dishwasher from Standard TV & Appliance delivered it to our House 80 miles east of Portland on the Washington side of the Columbia River, removed our old dishwasher installed the new dishwasher and took our old dishwasher with them

Category appliance repair, plumbing, appliance sales

10/11/2015

Nancy H.

Home Depot arranged for A-1 to install the new range hood we had purchased from them. 2 young men arrived right on time & went straight to work taking out the old hood & installing the new one. They protected our cook top while they worked and cleaned up after themselves. And our new range hood works exactly as it should!

Description of Work
Installed a new range hood.

08/05/2015

Bental W.

All of the employees are very skilled at installations and they take care of everything in your house so there is no damage and everything works perfectly and the instructions given are perfect. Very professional.

Description of Work
Installed dishwasher and cook-top stove as well as down draft.

Category home remodeling

12/22/2014

Nancy K.

Our old range was a set in which sits in the cabinets. The new range is a slide in range and we did not think it would fit in the pre existing hole, so more construction was going to be needed to fit it in. They did a fantastic job and got it done in an hour and a half. They came promptly at 8:00am and left at 9:15am. The price also included several new cables and wires. Shaun was the employee who installed our range and he was fantastic, we really enjoyed him.

Description of Work
They are the installation company that our local Sears outlet uses for installations. They installed a new electric range for us.

Category home remodeling

10/09/2014

Connie W.

I called A1 first and then went back to the Sears store and the associate called Sears Contracting and was told that the dishwasher would be installed Tuesday 10/7. I waited all day and at 3:00 p.m. called Sears Contracting back and was told it was on the schedule and A1 would call me. I waited for about 45 minutes and then called A1. They said they rejected the install and that Sears Contracting did not dictate to them their scheduling. They then told me they would not be available for another week. Although A1 took the money for the install they did not call to notify me that they had refused the request for the install on the day it was scheduled or to schedule it for another day if they could not fit it in. It would be a quick install since the other dishwasher was out and we had the new dishwasher delivered to our home already and I took the day off to be available for the install.

Description of Work
I purchased a dishwasher and installation from Sears. Somehow the installation failed to get scheduled. I called A-1 at the advice of the delivery crew and was told it was not scheduled for an installation but they might be available to install on Friday.

09/15/2014

Renate F.

technician turned water on instead off and left to get new dishwasher, kitchen was flooding in the meantime, did not apologize, nor offer any solutions to the problem, just left with the note to reschedule install. We were left all weekend to dry out our kitchen, 2 more calls to their office were not returned. Unbelievable bad customer service. we called again on Monday morning hoping they could offer a speedy install but they were putting us off again until 5 days from now. I don't understand how a company like this is still in business, they will never set foot on my property again

Description of Work
contracted by Sears to install dishwasher.

08/18/2014

Charity C.

To start out, the installers themselves are very nice and professional. Other than the second installer not having what he needed to finish the job, I have no complaints with the actual installers. I have had a total of 3 attempted dishwasher installs; the first required me to have a plumbing issue resolved which I took care of but which left my old dishwasher non-functional.When the installation was rescheduled for a week and a half later (Thursday, 8/14), the installer did not come prepared with the necessary equipment to extend the electric and apparently no other install vans were near enough to bring him what he needed. He was able to get my install rescheduled for the next day, Friday 8/15 between 2pm and 6pm. I waited at home that entire afternoon and the installer was no call/no show. I spoke with customer service the following Monday and her response was less than satisfying. She replied with a bland apology and informed me that she could get me back on the schedule for Thursday or Friday. I asked if that was the best she could do and was told that that was the first available, but she would let me know if there were any cancellations. Since A1 is a Lowes subcontractor, I decided to call them to see if they could help work out a solution. Lowes Installations was not able to get any better resolution other than telling me that A1 was going to try to see if they could move some things around, but I was still scheduled for Thursday. The customer service response to two botched install attempts was underwhelming and disappointing. An appropriate response to this situation would be a sincere apology, an understanding of my inconvenience on two consecutive days and the ongoing inconvenience of being without a functioning appliance. A further acceptable response would involve sending an installer back out in a timely manner – not when it is most convenient for A1. At this point, my dishwasher is not installed, an email to the company has not been met with a response, and I have no idea when my scheduled install time slot is if it is indeed Thursday.

Description of Work
Dishwasher Installation

06/14/2014

Elaine C.

Fast. excellent work. I now have a working refrigerator

Description of Work
repair refrigerator

06/01/2014

Joseph Q.

Ordered freestanding range at Standard Furniture on 5/24/2014 to replace 20 year old drop-in. As we were in Vancouver, WA, Standard recommended A1 Installations NW for pick-up and installation. Called A1 Installation NW the same day an talked to Sara and scheduled an appointment a week later. I was given a window from 9-12noon. I gave a B for responsiveness as I did call 3 days prior with no reply either by voice or email. Jacob and Mark arrived at 9:50 in uniform and a company vehicle. I was greeted very cordially and with smiles on their faces. They promptly removed the old drop-in and proceeded with the cuts to the cabinetry to fit the free-standing range. They also vacuumed and removed the residue (wood chips, dust, etc) from the original installation from 20 years ago. Needless to say, the installation went well and the space looks great with the new range. The work took about an hour to complete and guaranteed for 1 year. I highly recommend A1 Installations NW due to Jacob and Mark for their professionalism in attitude, demeanor and in their work.

Description of Work
Pick-up free-standing range from Standard Furniture, convert drop-in range space for free-standing, install pig tail for power, Take away old drop-in range.

04/05/2014

randie R.

We purchased an above range microwave from Sears. David from A-1 installed it. He was very professional and knew exactly what he was doing with the installation. Once installed, he cleaned up the area, hauled away the large box and showed me how to use the microwave.

Description of Work
Installed an above range microwave.

02/18/2014

JEANIE P.

Because the first cooktop that we ordered didn't fit, they had to come back when we got the one that fit. Adam came the first time with an assistant. They tried everything but it was just too large. They repackaged the unit, put everything back the way it was and Adam drew me a diagram with detailed measurements for a proper fit. Shaun and Matt came back the second time for the installation. Everything went very well. They were quick, efficient and explained everything I needed to know about the cooktop.Both times I felt they were professional and went beyond what was expected. I was charged exactly the price that was originally quoted, even though they had to make two separate trips.

Description of Work
They installed a new gas cooktop and took the old one away.

02/06/2014

Steven K.

I ended up having a severe water damage to the master bathroom and the garage. I had to have everything gutted and fixed. They broke the pipeline when they installed the toilet. After the restoration company came in, it looked fine now. Their manager came out and saw the damage. They dealt with the restoration company afterwards and they dealt with the insurance company. I would not use them in the future.

Description of Work
A1 Installations NW installed a toilet for us.

Category plumbing

02/04/2014

Renee D.

I purchased a new slide-in gas range from Sears. When the Sears installers came to install the new gas range they could not because the gas line needed a shut-off valve and needed to be moved to accommodate the new range. They suggested I call A1 Installations to do the work. I called A1 Installations. No one answered the phone so I left a message. I did not receive a return call. The next day, I called them again. A woman answered the phone. When I told her what I needed done, she said they don't do that type of work. I asked her why did Sears say they do this type of weork and recommend them for gas ranges. She said she did not know and told me that she will have the and quot;managerand quot; call me back. They still have not returned my phone calls.

Description of Work
Nothing. They did not return phone calls after leaving two messages.

11/18/2013

Bette Lou H.

They were sent by Standard Heating Appliance. Paul came out with a helper to do the work and it took about 15 minutes. They were also late arriving to the appointment. It was not to my satisfaction but they told me the rest of the work had to be done by a cabinet company since the refrigerator was oversized. They also upped the price and just left me high and dry which I thought that was inappropriate.

Description of Work
They hooked up a refridgerator I bought from Standard Heating Appliance.

07/17/2013

Charlene W.

I have no problem with Don, the installer. He was fantastic and felt comfortable giving me his direct number in case I ran into any unforeseeable issues. My issue is their customer service. I received a call the day before, which was expected, to confirm the address and arrival. I called back and was placed immediately on hold. Then nothing for 10 minutes, then disconnected. it was so odd...no one checked on me, nothing. I called back immediately and it went to voice mail and the mailbox was full. I was worried at that point. How does a company function by not checking their messages? none! It was full! I called Sears to reschedule with a new installer, but Sears was reluctant and after being on the phone with them, various transfers which sucked, for 30 minutes I just accepted that I might end up with a bad experience. It didn't happen. Even though these customer service is very bad, their installers and their skill, plus their customer service, make up for it. Again, I recommend Don, if you want a good job. He took the time to explain EVERYTHING about this new machine. The last time I did this, the installer from Lowe's handed me the book and said, read it. Again, ask for DON and you won't go wrong, despite their CS.

Description of Work
I ordered a new dishwasher through Sears and was assigned an A1 Installer to install it.

05/09/2013

Kendra M.

After ordering a washer and dryer from Sears, we found out the long and hard way that Sears delivery teams do not have the wherewithal to face any challenge to installation, no matter how tiny. Sears did not want to try to install the dryer, because they beleived that our builder had not left enough room for the laundry room door to open once the dryer was installed. After many calls, photographs, emails, etc., they told us that and quot;installersand quot; would have to be called, and they gave me the number for this business. Even though all of this information (and detailed measurements and photographs were shared) they still had to send someone out to and quot;detail,and quot; a service that seemed like an alright idea, (send someone who will know what they're doing) to find out exactly how it will be done. Just like we suspected, the vent pipe only had to be clipped a few inches shorter, to attach the dryer directly with plenty of room. At the end of this appointment, the person mentioned, and quot;oh, did they tell you about the $35 bid fee?and quot; The hadn't. We figured it would cost for the work, but then found out that the installation was going to cost us another $160. Two days later, two men came out (polite and professional) but the work took a total of 15 minutes. After having already paid Sears a non-refundable delivery fee and and quot;set upand quot; fee of 65 dollars, this, above everything else, makes us never want to return to Sears. Way too pricey of an endeavor.

Description of Work
a "Detail" visit a washer and dryer installation that Sears could not perform.

04/05/2013

ANNA M L.

Very well. Stephen actually took the time to show us exactly what type of halogen bulbs to buy for the hood.

Description of Work
Stephen installed a replacement stove hood. He was very professional and explained exactly what he needed to do to get the job done. Stephen is a very courteous worker, and I wish more handymen could take lessons from him on customer relationships. Sarah from A1 was very courteous when I called, and I did call numerous times, and she was extremely helpful in explaining A1's procedures. I highly recommend Stephen to do your installations at A1.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

02/25/2013

Karen F.

It went pretty smoothly, they did have to do a little cutting of the surrounding wood and put in the spacer mentioned before, but they didn't seem to have any problem

Description of Work
They removed an old stove and installed a new one. It required some modification to the surrounding wood and granite, as well as a filler at the back of the stove/range. They were friendly and did a good job.

10/27/2012

Sue B.

I purchased a kitchen sink, faucet, and drain from Lowe's. Lowe's charges $250 for an installer. I paid an additional $100 for an additional installer because it was suppose to be a 2 person job. The new sink to be installed was a cast iron sink and was too heavy for one person. Only one installer showed up. During the removal of my old sink, the installer says that he cannot warranty any leaks if I do not purchase a new garbage disposal, which he just so happens to have in his vehicle (lucky me!) and it will cost me an additional $110. I call Lowe's, with the installer still there, and want to know what was going on. I am being strong armed into buying a garbage disposal that I do not want. Lowe's says yes, the installer cannot warranty any leaks with my current garbage disposal that if I want the warranty, I will have to buy a new garbage disposal. So, for the warranty, I buy the new 1/2 HP garbage disposal to replace my beloved 3/4 HP garbage disposal. When the job was complete, there were no leaks. While on the phone with Lowe's, I told them that I wanted a refund for $100 for the 2nd installer that did not show up. Lowe's said that since they gave me a discount on the sink that and quot;Noand quot; they would not reimburse me the $100 for the second installer that did not show up. **UPDATE** 11-10-2012 A-1 came out and removed the garbage disposal and re-installed my old one. I am satisfied that we were able to resolve this conflict. I was not charged $110 for the garbage disposal from A-1 and Lowe's refunded the $100.

Description of Work
I purchased a kitchen sink, faucet, and drain from Lowe's. Lowe's charges $250 for an installer. I paid an additional $100 for an additional installer because it was suppose to be a 2 person job. The new sink to be installed was a cast iron sink and was too heavy for one person. Only one installer showed up. During the removal of my old sink, the installer says that he cannot warranty any leaks if I do not purchase a new garbage disposal, which he just so happens to have in his vehicle (lucky me!) and it will cost me an additional $110. I call Lowe's, with the installer still there, and want to know what was going on. I am being strong armed into buying a garbage disposal that I do not want. Lowe's says yes, the installer cannot warranty any leaks with my current garbage disposal that if I want the warranty, I will have to buy a new garbage disposal. So, for the warranty, I buy the new 1/2 HP garbage disposal to replace my beloved 3/4 HP garbage disposal. When the job was complete, there were no leaks. UPDATE 11-10-2012 A-1 came out and removed the garbage disposal and re-installed my old one. I am satisfied that we were able to resolve this conflict. I was not charged $110 for the garbage disposal from A-1 and Lowe's refunded the $100.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

07/23/2012

Jorge B.

I would never recommend A1NW to install anything. They are unreliable.

Description of Work
I purchased at the Home Depot all new kitchen appliances. One of them was installed improperly (not working) They called A1 who should have done the original installation and they were unwilling to fix the issue on a timely fashion. Home Depot blamed their subcontractor, and A1NW blamed Home Depot. In the end, I was out thousands of dollars, but no service. A1 never called me or returned my call after I made the initial contact to complain.

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

03/22/2012

Kate R.

Sears sub-contracted A-1Installations NW as the installer for our new Gas Range. A date was set they they would come out and see what work would be required to bring gas into the new stove (we were replacing an electric range with gas). Paul arrived precisely on time and got right to work. He explained that I needed to haev the electrical conversion done first - swtiching out the 220 outlet to a 110 - and implied that they would probably be able to come the next day after that was done. I arranged to have the electric done that afternoon (Friday) but when I called to schedule them to return, it was going to be the following Wednesday before they could come back! 5 days without a stove. However, he guys arrived on time on Wednesday, immediately got to work with the gas line and removing the old range. They worked quickly and quietly and very neatly. They protected my floors while moving the old range out and the new range in. They swept up the small amount of debris that was created in the garage while plumbing the gas and made a clean spot. :) I would recommend their work and I am happy that Sears contracted with them.

Description of Work
Paul from A-1 arrived precisely on time, inspected the work that needed to be done: After the electric work was done, they would return with my new range, bring the gas line in through the wall, install the stove and remove the old electric range.

11/11/2011

Michelle H.

It was covered under my home warranty. They were not very easy to communicate with and they were not very prompt in getting me on the schedule. I would probably not use them again.

Description of Work
I used A1 Installations to install a dishwasher.

09/05/2011

L E.

On Saturday August 27, 2011 I purchased a toiled at Home Depot and contracted with them through their services desk to have it installed. They said the contractor would contact me in the next couple of days to schedule a date and time for the installation. I gave them two phone numbers, a home number and a cell phone number which were on the contract. By the following Wednesday nobody had called, so I called Home Depot and asked for the contractors number so I could contact them. The installer was A1 Installations, and I called them but got no answer. Home Depot told me the contractor would contact me that day. Be midday Thursday I still got no phone call so I cancelled the contract. I have caller ID on both of my phones so I know they didn't call either of them.

Description of Work
Attempted to have a toilet which was purchased at Home Depot installed, but contractor A1 Installations, which was assigned to do the job through them never contacted me for the next 5 days.

Category plumbing