Evergreen Fence & Deck

Oregon: Contractors
08/24/2023

4815 SE Tualatin Valley Hwy

Hillsboro, OR 97123

Dick's Evergreen Fence is a family owned and operated business that has been servicing its customers' fencing and decking needs in the greater Portland area since 1979. We put quality and customer service at the forefront of our business goals....

4.4

fence company (54)decks & porches (5)tree service (1)roofing (1)gutter repair (1)

08/30/2018

JANETTE S.

From the initial estimate to the finished fence this went very well. My entire back fence needed to be replaced and I wanted auto close on the gates. During the walk down, it was acknowledged that I had metal posts that could be reused and that some of them did need to be reset. I was quoted 3 days for the replacement. On the first day they got the old fence down and had all the rails up for the new fence and had started putting up the boards. When I got home the second day, the fence was complete. My neighbors were impressed with the speed and quality. The estimate was right on. I had a problem with the auto-close on one of the gates about a week later and they came out and fixed it.

Description of Work
Needed fence replaced

Work Completed On 03/02/2018

11/25/2017

Debby O.

It was a very busy time for the company due to all the storm damage, but the owner came out to our home within a few days, after hours, to accommodate our work schedule to inspect the damaged fence and property. He was very personable and carefully examined the fence and damage and went over multiple options with us and his recommendations. There were a few areas that didn’t need replacing and he did not try to oversell and was willing to work with us. We told him we wanted the fence done the right way and wanted it to be sturdy and last as long as possible. He took his time with us, sent us a bid promptly by email and answered all of our questions. There was some question as to the property line and Dick came out again so he could be here when the surveyor came. We made a couple changes to the scope of work and he came and met its us again to go over everything. We had also gotten an estimate from another company but they seemed impersonal, didn’t follow through with questions asked and oversold what needed to be done. The crew came out on time, were friendly but professional and easy to have around. If there were any problems or questions the owner, Dick, was very responsive and made sure everything was done right . We are very happy with our fence and would definitely hire them again

Description of Work
Winter storm damage had knocked over and ruined most of our backyard cedar fencing.

11/20/2017

Benjamin L.

Great job at a reasonable price. They were professional and easy to deal with. Would absolutely use again and recommend to others.

Description of Work
Fence replacement

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

09/05/2017

LIANNA S.

this is a large box that was in the yard when I bought the home. The box is 36 inches tall. The fixture is sturdy not, the workers were polite, but the post are different heights. Vary up to 6 inch difference

Description of Work
planter box

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

07/11/2017

Katherine W.

I had scheduled a time with them to come out to assess and discuss the work. They never showed up. I sent many messages and called on the day of and never heard back. I sent many messages and called the days after. It's 4 days later and still haven't received a response from anyone. Don't use these folks!

Description of Work
I needed some fixes to my fence and an additional build out of part of the deck

Category decks

Work Completed On 07/08/2017

06/21/2017

ERIC J.

End result is good. I had to call Dick, the owner, several times because the installer was reluctant to do what I asked ( moving a little dirt off the fence course, special treatment around trees, plumbing posts)?. The fencing materials are good quality.

Description of Work
Replaced 269' of 6' dogeared cedar fence on existing metal posts.

Work Completed On 06/21/2017

06/17/2017

Charles A.

It went very smoothly and quickly. Kyle, the fence builder was outstanding, very professional, efficient and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Total fence replacement

Work Completed On 06/17/2017

05/01/2017

Manish S.

I had a fairly straightforward job involving some fence repair that also included the replacement of 2 posts with the new ones. The posts that were installed did not look new to me at all - they were chipping at the edges, had what looked like preferential weather related discocloration in some areas and in general just looked older as compared to the posts I have seen for new fences including my own in another area. I am including the pictures for these posts so you can decide on your own if they look any newer than the adjacent old fence. I talked to them about this but the owner guaranteed me that they they were new and also went on to the extent of saying that he has never been dishonest etc in all his professional life. Once they blamed me for trying to raise this issue to get some discount on the completed job, I made the full payment and decided to move on. If the posts they installed were really new then they need to take better care of their wood so that it does not look dated and old at least at the time it is installed. I would not use their services in future.

Description of Work
Basic fence repair involving replacement of 2 posts

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

Review for Evergreen Fence & Deck - 4815 SE Tualatin Valley Hwy, Hillsboro, OR - 34939507

04/20/2017

kathie W.

He later emailed me an offer to replace the roof at my cost and made no further attempt to correct their damage. I am asking Angie's List to help me recoup the cost that I paid to them so I can put that toward a new roof with a different company. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
We had an overhang put in. The first time it rained, there was damage because the flashing wasn't done right. They came back and re-caulked to fill the shingles that were damaged 3 times. That never fixed the problem. Then they tried to put more shingles on top of their caulking. That did not work, either.

Category gutter repair,roofing

Work Completed On 04/20/2017

04/12/2017

Gbenro S.

Very professional, punctual and offered alternatives to repair a few posts that had gone bad. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Fence repair

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

Installation of commercial and residential fencing and gates-cedar, vinyl, chain link and ornamental metal. Installation of residential decking, awnings, arbors, and trellises-cedar, vinyl & composite.

Stain/Paint Removal/Application