Muir Painting

Founded 1973 • With Angi since October 2005

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Dan Muir, born and raised in Portland Oregon. I went to Centennial High School and have a five year degree from Multnomah University. I began painting in 1973 to work my way through college and continued after graduation. I began on old Portland homes

2022 Super Service Award

house painting (251)pressure washing (45)interior painting (33)door installation (12)deck cleaning (8)decks & porches (7)siding companies (2)handyman (2)window replacement (1)wallpaper removal (1)fence company (1)

10/31/2022

Nancy H.

I was in a rush to have this done before the rains came. it was a small project for most companies and of the three I contacted Muir was the oly one willing to have one of his top painters do the job as a side contract. Matt was great at cleaning the stair case and smoothing out the chunks of rust on the railing it looks like new. He was also able to get plants tied away so no stems had to be cut. Also, I was concerned about how in the past the steps became slick when wet so he used a paint with sand mixed in to give it traction. It was all done quickly/effiently. Payment was do at end of job so I had a chance to look at the result before paying what seemed to be a reasonable amount.

Description of Work
painting of old cement stair case and landing and iron railing going to front door.

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 10/17/2022

Review for Muir Painting - 11289 SE 119th Dr, Happy Valley, OR - 39929920

06/22/2022

cotty L.

Dan and seasoned crew are like a well-oiled machine. Professional, knowledgeable, expeditious, with excellent result.

Description of Work
exterior painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2022

06/12/2022

M V.

Dan Muir and his crew repainted the exterior of our house. Their quote was in line with two other quotes we got. Dan was responsive to questions we had about the process and details; we appreciated his no-nonsense way. We didn’t have to wait long to get on their schedule. The crew showed up punctually at 7 am and completed our house in 1.5 days. Even Dan, the company owner, came and painted. They were experienced and paid good attention to masking and caulking and repainting our trim.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category pressure washing, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/11/2022

05/03/2022

Devani S.

It was wonderful. They kept me updated about scheduling, they worked around the weather, They cleaned up after work. They finished on time and for the price they has quoted and the work is beautiful. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
He painted the exterior of our house.

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

03/24/2022

Samantha C.

The Muir Painting staff did an excellent job of prepping and painting my house, which required some repair of the siding. Communication was excellent, clean-up was thorough, and the pricing was reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of house and garage including trim and doors

Work Completed On 03/24/2022

12/06/2021

Sue H.

With a little bit of follow up with a few things otherwise the crew did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
house painting

Work Completed On 11/24/2021

10/14/2021

Ron S.

We decided early in the spring that we were going to go forward with exterior painting of our home. I found Muir Painting on Angi's list and Dan came by to give us a quote pretty quickly. We had 2 other companies come by to look at the project. One *never* came back with a quote. The other expressed interest in our window replacement project as well, but when we turned that down, they lost interest too. We learned that we should hold off on painting until we got our windows replaced. That whole project took until early September to get completed. We let Dan know in July/August that we wanted to use his services, and he just asked that we keep him appraised of our window project timeline. When the windows were completed, Dan kicked things into high gear, got our house pressure washed, got our custom-color paint ordered and started on the painting a few days later. They had about 7+ painters here, taping, scraping, caulking and painting and finished up in about 2-3 days. They were very professional and did an amazing job. We had our house painted about 11 years ago by "college painters" who ended up getting paint on our roof shingles and had a lot of fixing to do at the end of the job. With Muir Painting, there was almost none needed. We're super happy with our choice of going with Dan and his team.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of house

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

08/20/2021

JAMES P.

I'd like to give them muir painting a 5 star rating. He and his crew did a very professional job and paid particular attention to the smallest detail at a reasonable price. We are very happy. I will definitely use them again if needed and refer them to others.

Description of Work
They painted my house.

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

05/28/2021

Randall M.

Muir painting referred me to Chris Takayama for a 3-room painting project. Overall, he did a pretty good job, but after all was done and paid for it turns out Chris on his own and without my knowledge and consent substituted standard extra white paint for the wood trim & doors instead of the off-white color I wanted and he agreed to. Chris initially seemed willing to resolve the matter, but now after several weeks he has stopped responding to my e-mails. On this basis I cannot recommend Chris Takayama or Muir Painting until this matter gets resolved.

Description of Work
Three bedrooms repainted (walls, wood trim & doors)

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

Well my record now of 8 F or 1 star reviews remains perfect, in other words houses I have never painted. Chris was a former lead man for me and last year went out on his own. I refer jobs to him sometimes ( jobs I can't take ) and I tell the customer right up front it is between them and Chris. This gentleman has never contacted me and this is the first I have heard of this. I always stress to the customer that I do not receive any money from the job. It is interesting though that the work seems to be fine and I have no clue what the deal is on the color.

05/12/2021

Jamie S.

If you are looking for a professional painter with an experienced crew and high level of craftsmanship, we recommend Muir painting. Our home was painted in one day and the finished product is spectacular. After the day was done the cleanup was thorough and our home was left nice and neat. It was good to work with Dan through the whole process from bid to work day with a follow up of minor fixes. Dan was very responsive and followed up with us along the way.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of our home

Work Completed On 04/21/2021

03/12/2021

john B.

This is an overdo good review! We had this work done a year ago and Dan responded same day for a quote. We wanted to match the trim and of our house and the garage with the original color that was about 19 years old! We still had the old paint cans. So I brought them to a local paint store to get them to match the paint where Dan would pick it up for the job. He gave a quote for just what I asked for and also a quote if we wanted them to paint the whole house. It was very competitive. Once the weather was good they got the painting done quickly. There was an area that was missed, but it was resolved next day. Overall I'm very happy with the communication, service and quality of work. The exterior paint and oil peaks looked fantastic!

Description of Work
Outdoor trim done on house and garage and oil peaks painted.

Work Completed On 03/03/2021

02/27/2021

Lisa I.

The Muir paint crew we’re friends fly, professional and did a fabulous job. Dan is excellent with follow up and follow through.

Description of Work
Exterior paint

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

12/14/2020

JANETTE S.

Muir Painting responded promptly, they used the colors I picked out. They came on the day scheduled and followed up afterwards as necessary.

Description of Work
Needed my house painted a new color

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

06/30/2020

Greg H.

Good work, reasonably priced. Scheduling was a bit of a challenge; I think because they are busy.

Description of Work
Paint replaced exterior siding & Trim

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

04/23/2020

Sarah R.

Dan Muir painting is OUTSTANDING. We have a big house that hasn’t been painted in over 15 years. Price quoted was $500 less than the other local bid I got. Once we hired Dan and his team they got to work within about a week. They were very professional and did a beautiful job and Dan was in contact most days by phone. Our house looks so beautiful. Price I paid was exactly what was quoted. They finished within about one week. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dan Muir and I would definitely hire him again! Pictures: tan house are ‘before’ and gray house is ‘after’

Description of Work
Exterior paint

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

03/05/2020

Barry R.

Went wonderful. Dan did the evaluation and left a quote at my house. We then went to pick out paint and schedule a time for the work to be done. Dan showed up with his crew and was able to paint the house in one day. He answered all questions to my satisfaction and was very patient. I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

03/03/2020

Sharon J.

We couldn't be happier with results. Dan Muir and his crew of painters are stand outs. They just completed the exterior paint job of our house. Our house is not an easy house to paint.... it is tall , lots of roof pitches, shingles,lots of windows, knee braces, soffits, etc. The process from bid to completion went great. We got several bids from other top notch companies, but Muir Painting stood out. The owner, Dan, gave us a fair bid right up front, he was always in constant contact and easy to reach. There were 7 painters working on our house, they were a wonderful group of professionals....skilled and just really nice and thoughtful through the whole process. We can't say enough good things. We were dreading getting our house painted, it turned out to actually be a fun and exciting process watching our house transform. We don't normally write reviews, but we feel Muir Painting is an exceptional and stellar company. If you hire Muir painting, you won't be dissappointed! Thank you, Dan, Matthew and crew. We appreciate you all! Really you all are A+

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

02/22/2020

Benjamin V.

Dan's team were friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, _and_ my house looks great. :)

Description of Work
Exterior paint

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 02/21/2020

02/18/2020

Mike W.

Work was exceptionally done, it was done on schedule. and on time, can't speak of them highly enough.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of the house

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

02/07/2020

Terry P.

The work was started at the correct time and completed very timely. The job was done to my complete satisfaction. It was also one of the lowest bids.

Description of Work
House, decks and trim were painted and minor repairs

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

10/08/2019

Andy M.

I can’t say enough good things about Dan Muir and his amazing crew. Most importantly, Dan is a genuinely kind man, and has skilled, quality people working for him. I’m a very detail-oriented, communication-focused customer, and Dan was always available to answer questions and provide guidance on scheduling and options. I am extremely satisfied with the outcomes, and everything has met or exceeded my expectations. We just resided our 1929 house with smooth HardiPlank siding. The combination of that smoothness and our dark color choice ensured that this job had to be done *perfectly*. They worked hard to prep my house to be ready for the right weather window (which was stressful to me with all of our September rain), but Dan’s years of experience gave me comfort that I knew it would get done right. The worksite was kept clean, there were no mistakes, and there was always plenty of communication and coordination from the crews. Our finished product is stellar, and I have nothing but praise for them. I wholeheartedly recommend Dan Muir Painting for your exterior home painting needs. Thank you, Dan and crew!

Description of Work
Exterior trim and body paint on new siding project

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

Review for Muir Painting - 11289 SE 119th Dr, Happy Valley, OR - 38158003

06/26/2019

GARY B.

Muir was exceptional. The owner Dan Muir provided a bid within one day of us contacting them. He provided a very competitive price without sacrificing quality. Dan was in constant contact from the time we accepted his proposal to the job completion and final inspection. His crew was very efficient and their teamwork was impressive. I would recommend Muir without hesitation!

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 06/26/2019