Sunshine Painting PDX Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2005

Sunshine Painting when quality matter! We are in painting business for over 20 years. Exterior, Interior, Deck, Patio, Fence, Dry rot, Doors and Windows replacement No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fee. No extra charge for after hours service. License numbers:

BEFOREAFTERA Service Provider's profile image

house painting (310)pressure washing (72)interior painting (17)deck cleaning (15)siding companies (13)window replacement (5)general contractors (4)handyman (3)gutter cleaning (3)decks & porches (3)awnings (3)lead paint removal (2)

09/06/2022

Scott C.

I can highly recommend Sunshine Painting. Samantha was always very professional, prompt in her visits and always returned calls and emails. We required some siding and dry rot repair, which Ben repaired expertly. The crew painted our tall house with great care and attention. They discovered some additional dry rot while working, so we put a pause on the project to allow repairs on that, before they returned to finish up. The finished result is outstanding. Their pricing is straightforward and reasonable. Can highly recommend, so happy!

Description of Work
Exterior painting, dry rot repair, siding repair

Category handyman service, siding, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/05/2022

I am glad to hear you like the new look of the house. Thank you for your business!

11/09/2021

GREGORY F.

The team showed up on time, worked hard, were neat and were very pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category awnings, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 10/31/2021

Thank you for your business and look foward to thr next project in Spring

07/07/2021

Roger P.

The company is wonderful. I used them some 20 years earlier, and wouldn't dream of using another company now. This time, as before, they were professional, courteous, extrememely hard-working, and terrifically efficient. They were easy to contact, and answered all my questions immediately. The job is beautifully done. Samantha, the owner, and Ben (the lead person on dry rot repair prior to painting) were absolutely great. Submitted by Roger Porter (porter@reed.edu) Summer, 2021.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of my house and some needed dry rot repair

Category awnings, house painters

Work Completed On 07/07/2021

Thank you fot your business.

11/26/2020

Team7 T.

Great workmanship! Both projects required some ingenuity to deal with tricky problems. They did a good job of communicating the solutions that thought would be best and took the extra steps needed to assure that the jobs done right

Description of Work
Repairs doors and drywall

Category contractors, drywall, siding

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

11/19/2020

Penny C.

Samantha was wonderful to work with. She provided a very thorough quote and scope of work, which was very helpful. The workers were friendly and got the work done right on schedule. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

Thank you for your business and enjoy the new look of your home.

03/13/2020

My T.

5 stars. This company did a lot for my repairs to my home. Great work too!

Description of Work
Lots of minor repairs (including painting)

Category contractors, handyman service, siding, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

11/19/2019

Greg L.

It took a while to schedule, mostly because I work in Salem. The painters arrived at 8:30 am and were done by noon. They were able to match the wall color (dark green/gray) perfectly. Cleaned everything up before leaving. Very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Painted ceiling in the bedroom and the walls in my office room

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

07/24/2019

Lawrence P.

Overall, we are very satisfied and would recommend. This was our first time having the house painted and Samantha patiently helped us to work through our options. We had a couple of trim boards replaced due to dry rot. They pressure washed the house and prepped it for painting in about a day. The painters asked questions to make sure they understood what we wanted. We had a little trouble with rain, but they worked hard to get it done quickly. Our yard is small and the sides are tight, but they worked it out and didn't need to access the neighbors' yards. We didn't have any unwelcome surprises like debris left behind or paint smudges in weird places and no complaints from the neighbors. One neighbor has already requested Sunshine Painting's contact info and we were happy to give it to them!

Description of Work
Repaint exterior of house - new colors

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

Thank you and enjoy the new look of your home

07/24/2019

Walt M.

Samantha was responsive in providing a painting quote. We got several quotes and it was the most thorough and reasonably priced. Some siding needed to be replaced and her carpenter quickly gave a separate quote for repairing this. We were traveling and they were flexible in working around our schedule. Ben the carpenter did a great job replacing dry rotted siding and a fence. There was one issue and he quickly resolved it. The paint crew led by Esteban did a quality job. They were thorough in the cleaning and other preparation. I noticed a missed spot or two, but they got back to these on their own without a mention from me. My wife appreciated the very limited damage to the border plants despite the challenge of working around them. We would definitely recommend this company for similar painting projects.

Description of Work
Replace dry rot siding, exterior painting

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

Thank you for your business and enjoy the new look of your home. Samantha

10/15/2018

Ann T.

Very hardworking, skilled, reliable and affordable. They found our deck required much more work than originally expected but they did not charge an arm and a leg more. We are thrilled with the finished product!

Description of Work
Deck resurfacing

Category decks, deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

10/09/2018

Sheryl C.

Excellent job. Once they got started the job was done in a timely fashion. Communication was not optimal in regard to delays and estimated start dates. Very pleased with outcome

Description of Work
Outside painting whole house. Rotten siding replaced

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 09/19/2018

10/08/2018

John R.

Extremely happy with Sunshine Painting. Samantha always responded to my calls in a timely manner and patiently held my hand through last minute color changes. Her construction guy when above and beyond with fixing my dry rot issues, and I actually missed the painting crew once the job was complete, and oh, my house looks amazing too.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category siding, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

08/20/2018

Kim M.

We got four estimates and chose Sunshine PDX based on their reasonable cost, ability to perform some carpentry and shingle repair, and promise to fit us into the summer schedule. The crew arrived early every day, worked hard and did an amazing job given the age and condition of the house.

Description of Work
Our old house needed exterior painting.

Work Completed On 08/18/2018

08/07/2018

Gretchen K.

The folks at Sunshine were amazing. Very friendly, professional, and accommodating.

Description of Work
Exterior house paint

Work Completed On 07/23/2018

08/03/2018

Susan L.

Super simple, easy to work with, and a very professional job. Would work with again for sure!

Description of Work
South exterior wall of two story home

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

05/16/2018

Kathy A.

Not very well. The final product was fine but the journey to get there was both frustrating and disappointing, and my ratings reflect those feelings, I think that for whatever reason, this company did a rush job on my home rather than taking the time to do quality work. I believe that if the initial preparation (masking) work had been done properly, the majority of the problems the resulted would not have occurred. Problems included: - Paint over-spray on most of the window and door frames, and flashing, - Paint over-spray on the brick facade beside one of the garage door, - Entirely missing the upper peak on one side of the house, - Numerous areas where the darker trim paint dripped on the sides of the house, - Blemishes on the front door requiring it to be re-sanded and repainted. The second coat of paint was not applied until 8:00 p.m. and did not dry until much later that night. The door's weather stripping was left laying on the floor in my entry way., and - over-spray on the decorative river rock along the side of garage, On the final day of the job the painters did not arrive until 4:30 p.m. still having to paint the trim, gutters, and other finish-up work, and do the clean-up. They evidently left about 8:30 p.m. without notifying me they were "done" nor providing me with an opportunity to walk around and do an inspection of the "final" product before they left; I didn't realize they were gone until I walked outside to meet with them. It was at this point, and the next day in better light, that I discovered the majority of the problems listed about. It took two return trips on the part of the lead painter (amounting to several additional hours of work on his part) to correct the problems. I expected that there would be a few minor things that needed to be corrected once this job was completed. What I did not expect was the extensive amount of problems that occurred. In conclusion, based on my experience with this company I would not hire them again.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 06/30/2018

10/17/2017

TOM M.

It was great. They gave me a good price on the paint. He did a nice job, two coats of paint. I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
They pressure washed and painted the exterior of my home.

Work Completed On 10/17/2014

09/29/2017

Carol S.

They were great. They are just fantastic. I've actually recommended them to a friend that used them and they were very pleased too.

Description of Work
They painted my house.

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

08/10/2017

Robert M.

This was the best paint job I have ever had. Owners returned calls when I called. Arrived when they said they would. Finished in a timely way. Cleaned up everything, every night. Very professional. Took off weatherstripping to paint tight and reapplied weather stripping. Very conscientious painting. Three bids, they were the middle bid -- within 1% of the low bid and about 35% below a franchised bid estimate. Very high value for the price.

Description of Work
House power washed, paint and trim two colors, doors third color, deck power washed and stained.

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

08/01/2017

Wayne B.

They did an excellent job. I would recommend them. They are number 1. I don't know what the price should be. I think it was about normal. They were good.

Description of Work
House painting.

Work Completed On 07/30/2017

07/25/2017

Adam K.

Completely excellent experience. Our two painters, Manuel and Alfredo, were extremely punctual, professional, and their work was excellent. They addressed many details I didn't expect them to, such as removing (and perfectly replacing) doors and gates to do a thorough job, and caulking where it was needed. This was an unusual paint job in that they first shaved and sanded the wooden siding (which was cracked with very uneven paint in many places from past paint jobs). Each day everything was returned to its proper place and there was no yard or plant damage at any time. Paul, the owner, responded quickly and promptly to each email question, and stayed in touch during the entire process. All three were very easy to communicate with. The house looks perfect for the first time since we bought it 12 years ago. I would recommend their work without reservation. Note: I can't compare the cost, as we received no other offers about this type of preparation before painting, which was extremely laborious. Other painters we initially contacted were less responsive and informative about the project.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

06/10/2017

Robert N.

I couldn't be happier! We had some cedar siding around the garage door that looked horrible, rotted, warped etc. Sunshine Painting were the only company willing to replace the handful of boards. Other painting contractors just wanted to paint over it. The house and deck turned out great. The project took 3 days and the painters cleaned up at the end of each day.

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting, Deck staining, Minor siding repair

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 09/19/2016

07/13/2016

Bruce M.

it was wonderful to deal with this company! Paul came out June 1, a day after my initial call, and gave me a bid that was on the low end of what I had been told to expect. Paul provided a professional 8-page bound booklet with information about his company, his licensing, promise of service and mission statement, their employees, compliance, and further information. He showed us pictures of how his crews lay out tarps to keep the ground clean and leave it as clean as when they started. Because we were in a rush to get the house painted to put it on the market for sale, Paul worked it out so that one of his crews was available to start painting the following Monday! Paul himself came out and did the initial cleansing spraying on the house on Saturday. The two man crew who worked on our house was very knowledgeable and professional. The first day was devoted to scraping and getting it ready (this being a 1905 house!), and the second day they completed practically all of the painting. The third day they finished up the main painting and completed all the trim. They were efficient, but thorough. I relied upon the large number of positive reviews in choosing Sunshine Painting to do the job on my house, and I couldn't be happier. They did an EXCELLENT job, and I would highly recommend them to anyone. (Note on the price we paid: we did provide our own paint, having bought it at a Home Depot rebate sale over Memorial Day.)

Description of Work
Exterior painting on a 1905 house that had not been painted in over 20 years. The house is two stories with extra gables, so not an easy job.