PDX Top Finishes LLC

Founded 2011

We specialize in water/smoke damage as well as kitchen/bathroom remodels. We also have a variety of carpenters, drywall, painters and handyman employees who each individually specialize in home renovations to suit your every home care needs. We have been in business since 2011. The quality of our

2022 Super Service Award

3.3

3.7

3.7

4.2

electrician (7)drywall (6)home remodeling (5)interior painting (3)water damage restoration (3)mold removal (2)roofing (2)plumbers (2)ceiling fan installation (1)flooring (1)fence company (1)house painting (4)

06/21/2022

Sharon W.

I highly recommend PDX Top Finishes! Their work is very solid and done thoroughly and well. The owner, Rafael, is very professional, honest, and trustworthy. Rafael worked very hard to fit us into their busy schedule and even finished the project ahead of time. We were very happy to find PDX Top Finishes on the Angi website. They were the first to quickly respond to my request and we were very happy to find this very capable company with amazing workers. They were able to tackle our project (that a few other companies said it was too major of a project to handle). PDX Top Finishes handled our project easily and went above and beyond.

Description of Work
water damage/remodel

Category drywall, gutter repair, remodeling, water damage restoration, house painters, mold removal

Work Completed On 06/22/2022

11/29/2021

Derek M.

It was excellent, I had no problem with them.

Description of Work
He replaced my roof, trusses, insulation, he did my bathroom, and my bedroom.

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

11/23/2021

Derek M.

Excellent job top notch and would hire again

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, gutter repair, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, ceiling fans, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, mold removal

Work Completed On 11/23/2021

03/06/2021

Cassondra M.

Firstly if you are looking at this review Rafael had his contractors license suspended on 2/19/21:the 2nd time in 2 years. He has 3 claims against him & soon to be 4. This can be found on the CCB website license # 224901 - This was not information provided to us when we asked Rafael to provide us with license, bonding & insurance. Rafael provided us with his insurance only without his CCB# so we had to research to find it. 12/18/20 we paid Rafael $22,600 since he said he could not begin until we paid the dues. 1/11/21 they started working & 2/17/21 we let them go due to lack of communication, failure to provide the proper documentations, negligence & the cleanliness. Even though we were charged $231.07 for "clean up", $190.15 for dumpster trailer & $481.23 for waste. I would go around & hammer down or pull up exposed nails or heavy duty staples. I had to wipe down our house, sweep & clean up every time they left. Rafael does not work with professional subcontractors. I overheard one of the subcontractors discussing his YouTube training with Rafael. He arrived without any supervision to put in our vinyl plank flooring & could not figure out how to install it. Luckily we told them to stop because it was also being laid over the top of nail heads & large pieces of debris. Rafael told us this would not effect the quality of the flooring.We have to have the drywall work done torn out & redone. They covered an electrical outlet & the drywall is bowing outwards which we will find out the problem once we remove the wall. Rafael charged us $2,993.95 for material costs. When you can obtain the materials at Home Depot for roughly $250. I only say this because I was able to find everything used at the local store. The materials listed are vapor barrier joint tape, tape, mud, vapor barrier, sanding blocks, floor self leveling, drywall, "plumbing materials", "framing materials", trash bags. Then there are additional charges for $9,753.95 for cabinets, backsplash, countertops, cabinets & delivery fee. All of which have not been nor will be delivered to us. Rafael refuses to provide us with material receipts or the invoice for the cabinets purchased for the project. The ZC company would not let us claim the cabinets without the invoice. After I spoke to the lawyer it is our right to know the cost of materials. Here we are 43 days later & we still have no kitchen. Rafael said this was because my husband pressured them into removing the kitchen. However on 1/18/21 Nick showed up saying he was there to demo the kitchen. Then he said he would be right back & called to tell us he wasn't returning because he had to go to a different job. We were not told prior to Nick telling us that the kitchen was being demoed yet. Then the next day Rafael & his team returned just like hey we are here to take the kitchen out. We wrongly thought things would start moving along quickly. However on 2/12/21 when the floors arrived they hadn’t even prepped the floors. Although the vinyl planks took a month to arrive the "Seasoned Wood Multi-Width Vinyl Plank Flooring" can be picked up today at the local store. We have not heard from Rafael since 2/24/2021 when he told us "it's obvious that you don't know anything about construction." "If you feel we didn't do a good job tell the contractors board & the judge.". He put forth no effort to make us satisfied customers I expect a proper job to be done when I am paying $9,000 for 10HR of labor for a 438SF demo job & shoddy drywall repairs. I wrote down the times that Rafael & his team came to work on our property. I am happy that I finally made the right decision to let the PDX top finishes go. My husband has been working to make up for the shoddy workmanship & he is doing a better job for someone who knows nothing about construction. Unfortunately after paying $22,600 we are waiting 2-4 weeks for a $506 refund. I am planning to file a complaint with the CCB, BBB, attorney general. All of which could be avoided if PDX Top Finishes just did what was right.

Description of Work
Demo/Remodel.

Category drywall, remodeling, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

Review for PDX Top Finishes LLC - 2870 NE Hogan Dr, Gresham, OR - 39234966

02/19/2021

Ben R.

Never even responded to my message

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

10/11/2020

Nick L.

They were very professional and knew exactly what they were doing as far as the workers they paid alot of attention to detail as well as kept me in the loop as far as how that i wanted things to look would defintly use them again and would recomend them to anyone ralph and his crew were one of the best choices ive made since buying this house in portland

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Work Completed On 10/11/2020

10/09/2020

Beth P.

Ralph is an excellent Salesman! Sells you something and then never preforms work. Triple the cost and only did the mitigation for over $10,000 for one bedroom. Due to his lack of preparedness, when the rain came, another room was also damaged due to the lack of preparedness. This was an insurance claim for the services. We gave him over $13,593.57 on the day we signed the contract, March 18, 2020. In his own contract it stated "Time is of the Essence" as we were putting our home on the market to move. He was then given another $10,110.09 to do the mitigation. Once the mitigation was done, we never saw Ralph again. He did get a new truck and that truck has been wrapped with PDX Top Finishes. Due to the estimate that Ralph had given our insurance company in access of $64, 628.29 for the repairs, on MAY 5, 2020 our insurance company hired a structural engineer to look at the services that Ralph stated needed to be done. Ralph also stated that we didn't need a permit for the work even though the roof was needing to be repaired. Ralph stated that he needed more $$ to continue with the repairs. Our mortgage company was now holding all of the funds for the completed repairs. On about June 17, 2020, I mailed off another $20,000. to Ralph so that he could get started on the repairs but my gut was saying, something doesn't feel right about this. I called our Mortgage company and our insurance company and cancelled that check so that it couldn't be cashed. That day, I filled a complaint with Oregon Contractors Board and we all met with an arbitrator on August 17, 2020. From May 5, 2020 to August 17th, 2020, Ralph was never here. At this point Ralph offered to give us $2000 of the $13,593.57 that we fell he owes to us. We filed for $10,000 in Small Claims Court and Ralph can't be located by Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.

Description of Work
Home Repairs Due to Tree Falling on Home (Feb 2020)

Category drywall, electrician, fencing, gutter repair, roofing, house painters, interior painters

Cost $88,335.95

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

Review for PDX Top Finishes LLC - 2870 NE Hogan Dr, Gresham, OR - 38937362

10/05/2020

diane U.

They were great all the way around. I will use them again

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

09/13/2020

Kelsey F.

Very fast, excellent work, and affordable. Really friendly staff. I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category house painters

Work Completed On 09/13/2020

[Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure to meet you and your husband. We appreciate the opportunity to work on your beautiful home. Until next time. Be safe and again thank you!

07/19/2020

Darryl P.

Went very well. No complaints.

Description of Work
Electrical

Cost $557.12

Work Completed On 07/18/2020

07/17/2020

Marie J.

He came in and told me the work would take not more than 45 mins and promised to send me an estimate. When the estimate was sent he called and told me the electrical guy will be in the next day and that they will text me to tell me the exact time. Nobody showed up or texted me. I texted and email to this day received no reply very unprofessional as I turned down 2 companies to go with them. Please be very care as you cannot rely 100 percent on this company.

Description of Work
Electrical

Category small appliance repair

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

05/12/2020

Dina G.

They did a very thorough job. They were in and out. They were very clean.

Description of Work
They did a drywall repair for me. They did an electrical work, which they put the light fixtures on.

Category drywall, electrician

Work Completed On 03/12/2020

05/11/2020

marcello W.

They are punctual, very professional, informative and I had a great experience with them.

Description of Work
They did a full kitchen remodeling.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/11/2019

Julie G.

Professional and good quality work.

Description of Work
They did kitchen and bath remodel.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

Randy G.

The work was great. When I met him to look the work they were very nice, friendly, and didn't hear any complaints from the customers.

Description of Work
They did a drywall repair.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 04/09/2020

Mary K.

It was beautiful and we really needed it. I really like them. They were professional kind and they just seemed like joyful people. Top rated work and they did it quick.

Description of Work
They built wonderful cedar stairway from the street to our front door.

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

vonda P.

They were very professional, thorough, courteous and on time. Fair pricing.

Description of Work
Locks and door knob and other works.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

05/01/2020

Liz R.

Pdx top finishes did a wonderful job with our remodel. They suggested several different ideas to accommodate our wants and stay as close to budget as possible. Ralph was professional through the whole process as well as his crew. We were very impressed from the moment he got to our home and did an estimate. I highly recommend Ralph and pdx top finishes for any project!

Description of Work
Remodeling - General, Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

04/30/2020

Stephanie F.

Ralph and his team are true professionals. We needed a full interior remodel and him and his crew were the best decision I made. I had a strict budget and needed it done as fast as possible. Ralph took this into consideration and did everything he could to take this into account while also making sure that he wasnt cutting corners. I also felt safe and secure with the team as they were always professional, respectful, and communicative. The actual job done was amazing. I needed hole repairs, plumbing, electrical, cabinet/flooring removal and installation, painting, and window replacements. They got everything done! I believe I made the best decision by hiring PDX Top Finishes.

Description of Work
Interior Remodel

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/21/2020