Orient Electric

Founded 1976 • With Angi since August 2008

30532 SE Bluff Rd

Gresham, OR 97080

Orient Electric Inc. was founded in 1976 by Darrel & Phyllis “Teak” Parnell and Fred Kirchofer. The business was built on hard work, excellent craftsmanship and a commitment to offer friendly honest service to our customers. Over the years, some of the faces have changed, but our commitment to hard work, excellent craftsmanship, and customer satisfaction remains the same. The Orient Electric office is managed by Darrel & Teak’s daughter, Lynn Wall. The business is owned by Mike Opray, a long-term employee who purchased the company in 2012. Keeping the family business model, Mike’s three sons; Clint, Jake & Luke work as journeymen electricians at Orient Electric. We do all types of electrical work from residential, to commercial and industrial settings. All of our work is guaranteed. We are licensed, bonded & insured for work in Oregon and Washington....

11/22/2017

Loralyn D.

I'm in a state of shock right now over how Orient is doing business and their complete and total lack of professionalism and just plain rudeness. I highly, highly recommend if you're reading this to stay away from Orient. I asked for a quote on a couple of different projects and the quote came back missing several items. On top of that it took him 2 weeks to get me the quote and that was after several calls from both me and my husband. I should have known better because they jerked me around and kept rescheduling the estimate appt. Also, the sellers of the home we just purchased had Orient remove an outside electrical box and they also removed a breaker from the panel when it was supposed to be repaired per signed agreement and I've been asking them for over a month for details so that we can go back and talk to the sellers. This is not Orients fault as they were following instructions and I told them that clearly but they refuse to give me any information. Where is the empathy? Where is the good neighbor attitude and compassion? How would you feel if you just purchased your new home and this happened to you? Please, don't use these guys not only because they're going to jerk you around but also because they have zero compassion and can't be bothered to help someone in need.

Description of Work
I needed a quote on several projects inside and outside of my home.

10/24/2016

Betty P.

Work was done well and within 3 hours.

Description of Work
Replaced some wiring and burnt outlets.

11/14/2015

KEVIN H.

Had request from tenant to troubleshoot/repair faulty kitchen light(s) which had become increasingly toublesome in the past months. I called one trusted provider who told me they were booked through Thanksgiving. Then called another highly rated Angie's List provider and left detailed message about the scope of work, and call back information....never received a call back at all. Went back to Angie's List, found Orient Electric and called and left a message - I received a call back within 30 mins, apologizing for being on the other line and not be able to answer my call right away! Sooo, explained my situation being an out-of-town landlord, needing this lighting situation fixed for my tenant, and asked them to coordinate with my tenant for the most convenient time to handle. All these requests were accepted with ease, and within a couple days I was contacted to let me know everything had been accomplished and taken care of. I was able to pay via credit card over the phone, and complete the entire transaction without a problem. It is nice to know that there are companies still out there who take care of their customers, whether the problem is small or large, and offer outstanding service - being technically able to do the work, and being able to take care of take care of your customer are two entirely different things - and Orient Electric performed admirably in both areas. I really appreciate knowing that my time is important, and this business was willing to take care of me and my tenant in a timely fashion! Orient Electric will be at the top of my contact list for business needs. Thank you!

Description of Work
diagnosed problem with kitchen light and switch problem, replaced faulty parts and returned fixture to working order

Category electrician,lighting

09/21/2015

Ben M.

Great folks to work with. The work began at the time promised and wrapped up more quickly than expected. Very professional and courteous operation.

Description of Work
Replaced breaker panel

02/02/2015

Ronald L.

Nice place to deal with, friendly, reparable business.

Description of Work
Did some wiring in the kitchen.

12/02/2014

Dawn W.

I needed an electrician in a rather short amount of time to convert my hard-wired drop in oven to an outlet. When I called, they weren't sure if they could fit me in because of my work schedule. They really came through, though. They actually moved another job to fit me in. I was so appreciative. Joseph was on time, professional and knowledgeable. He quickly realized that the new stove I purchased had too many amps for the new outlet to support and it was going to cost a lot to make a conversion of that magnitude. He was thorough about the pros and cons for the each choice and I ended up returning my stove so I didn't have to convert the outlet to a higher amperage. They were very reasonably priced and Joseph cleaned everything up afterwards. He even set up the old drop in to work temporarily until I could re-order a different oven. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Converted a hard-wired drop in stove n to an outlet for a new stove

09/22/2014

Elisa H.

I received bids from several companies and my Dad was most impressed with Orient and their expertise. They came in at a good price compared to others and they were able to schedule work the following week. When the guys arrived on the day of installation, they were on-time and efficient. A few hours later, work was complete. The following week the city inspector came out and approved the work. Working with Orient Electric was very easy-going and I would hire them again for future needs.

Description of Work
Removed old federal pacific electrical panel and replaced it with a new panel and grounding rods.

07/23/2014

Jan C.

The service went fine. One person came out and he was very punctual and prompt. He was also a nice guy and an efficient worker. I had no problem scheduling the service both times they came out. We have them scheduled back out to fix the quarter of the house I blew out.

Description of Work
We had them replace some wires that were gnawed by a rodent and replaced the circuit breaker to separate out 2 appliances because one had a short in the wire.

07/14/2014

Amy G.

I wish I could tell you what a great job they did. I wish I could tell you they did a job at all. Unfortunately, we waited all day for them to show up. They never showed. In today's world with all the demands of an average day...there is simply no room for this kind of inconsiderate or incompetent behavior. When I called at 4:45pm when we realized they were not going to show up, they admitted they were in error. When I said we were still at home waiting, they said their guy had already gone home so....we could reschedule. Really? With all the options out there, why would put myself in that same situation again? They weren't willing to make it right so I'll give my hard earned cash to someone who will.

Description of Work
five outlets and a ceiling fan. and lots of potential future work.

07/02/2014

Harley B.

The electrician showed up right on time as scheduled, gave me a quick preview of the costs involved, then went right to work. He answered any questions I had along the way and finished all the work in just a few hours including a nice cleanup and hauling away all the old hardware. He was very personable, knowledgeable, everything was done to code, and their pricing seemed reasonable for the amount of time it took to perform all the work. I would easily recommend them and will use them again myself in the future. Joseph was the electrician that did my work.

Description of Work
installed 10-11 new electrical outlets, 2 new light switches with dimmers, and installed a new bathroom exhaust fan fixture which I supplied.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

On Electric

On Electric provides quality residential and commercial electrical services for the greater Portland metropolitan area. Since 2000, the highly trained and certified service professionals have impressed home and business owners with their integrity, expertise, and courtesy. Services span from simple to complex, using the latest Oregon electrical code standards to ensure optimal safety and precision for clients ranging from homeowners to large property management companies, from contractors to local business owners. Well-known franchise clientele includes Enterprise, Auto Zone, O’Reily Auto Parts, Olive Garden and Trader Vic’s. Whether the project involves renovating an entire apartment complex or simply fixing a switch for a condominium dweller, On Electric’s first priority is to build lasting professional relationships. On Electric is licensed, bonded and insured in the state of Oregon. Formerly known as: DeKorte Electric

RK Electric Inc

In 1993 Ron Kurtz started RK Electric, Inc. as he saw a need in the electrical industry for a company that took pride in its work with every customer experiencing what it is like to be treated fairly. RK Electric, Inc. has been offering electrical services to the Portland Metro area for over 28 years. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service experience possible, and on our attention to every painstaking detail, because we believe that quality matters. Our knowledgeable team works hard to create a safe working environment, using all the latest technological advancements to quickly perform complicated tasks. RK Electric, Inc. is the premier choice for all your electrical needs! We're happy to help. Additional e-mails - info@rkelectric.biz, rob@rkelectric.biz.

Merrill Electric LLC

Electrical Installations - Commercial and Residential - We can handle pretty much anything, and will let you know ahead of time if its out of our realm.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Electrical work includes new construction, remodels, installation and upgrades, lighting, troubleshoots, hot tubs, generators & ceiling fans.