Crown Carpets Inc

Founded 1963 • With Angi since October 2006

4.2

21655 SE Stark St

Gresham, OR 97030

Gresham / Portland, OR. Phone number: (503) 665-4162 Crown Carpets, Inc. Residential and Commercial Carpet and Flooring Sales and Installation in Portland since 1963. An Oregon based, family owned and operated company. Info@crowncarpets.com. State of Oregon CCB#2690. BBB accredited business with A+ rating....

09/17/2020

Fern S.

Crown Carpet has proven to me that they do not stand behind their independent contractors. We had all the floors redone in our house by the contractors they sublet. The first crew came and put in our Cortec.. while doing it the ruined part of a wall, tore up our molding and broke the door on our oven and did an incomplete sloppy job. They even cut the bottom of our pocket door and ruined it. They had us get a bid but wouldn’t cover the cost of our bid. They had someone else give us a much lower bid but then the guy wouldn’t replace it. He said he didn’t have time. Then the next crew came to put in the carpet. The people who did it used our bathrooms without asking and smelled up the house. One guy even laughed about how bad he stunk it up. They ate lunch in top of the rolled out carpet and made a mess. They brought in their own radio and plugged it in without permission and blared their music so loudly. When we complained about the job they did very little to rectify the situation. I had to buy a new stove and am still trying to find someone to replace the door for the price they credited us. No one will do it for that price. When we pulled out the stove to replace it we found that they had put new cortec flooring on half the floor under the stove and half is still our old floor. My suggestion is to get your own independent bids and not trust Crown Carpets sub contractors.

Description of Work
Replace carpet and flooring in our whole house

10/23/2014

Rosemarie V.

I was very satisfied with the service . Cliff was a great salesmen,.helpful but not pushy and the installers Trevor and Keith were fantastic .

Description of Work
Installed Laminate floor and carpet

09/17/2014

Kathleen K.

Contracted installation and purchased carpet through Tigard store. Salesperson was very helpful and worked very well with us. The problem begins on the day of installation. We had been told by the salesperson that we did not need to empty any dressers, just to remove everything off the floor and to empty out our bookcases. We did that and more. On the day of installation their "super crew" of two installers advised that the dressers needed to be emptied because it was too heavy for them (even though the week before my son and I moved the dresser on our own to paint the room). Upon our return to the home after the installation, we noticed "dings" all along a newly painted baseboard, the furniture was not put back as promised (my family spent hours moving furniture back), and my son ends up stepping on a carpet nail (we found two left in the carpet). I contacted Crown Carpet with my dissatisfaction. After 13 days, we received a response from Crown Carpets stating "we have to declare a draw" and they will use our experience "as a teachable moment". Unbelievable!

Description of Work
Removed old carpet and installed new carpet to living room, hallway and bedrooms.

08/26/2014

Nicole S.

Prompt, excellent service. Great product. Compared price to Home Depot (similar carpet) and was $600. Less at Crown for quick service and great experience.

Description of Work
Ripped out old carpet and replaced in medium size room/high quality carpet/great install.

07/17/2014

CAROL S.

they were very friendly and professional. The only issue was they didn't have enough samples when they came to the house.

Description of Work
came to give me an estimate

06/26/2014

Morin J.

They were easy to work with and they were clean and neat. They followed through and when they said they were going to be here, they were here and they were punctual. Their price was competitive. We were very pleased with them.

Description of Work
We purchased the carpet and they installed it in 3 bedrooms.

03/31/2014

matthew C.

The sales people in the showroom are very friendly and knowledgeable. They were very patient as I learned what was necessary to make an informed decision. You can sign out samples. (Sometimes more than once) And they don't hassle you to rush them back. Because the logistics of moving a house full of furniture and cost, I decided to split the job into two different installations. They were several months apart. Matt came the for the first part of the job. He was prompt, and very professional. He did an outstanding job! His attention to detail was amazing. I know that there are several seems in the living room, but I can't find them. I am really pleased with his work. The second installation didn't go quite so well. Travis and Larry arrived on time. They were friendly and respectful. They were scheduled for a day and a half of work. The first day went ok. They spent quite a bit of time on the phone dealing with other jobs. I understand they need to earn a living, but I feel they were distracted. They arrived on time the second morning and got right to work. I could tell that they were rushed and were trying to finish very fast. They made several comments to each other about having to get to their next appointment. While cleaning up after their departure, I found several mistakes that were poorly patched and even a hole about the size of a half dollar. They did return the following week to fix the mistakes. The seems are generally ok. But just ok. Overall, I am disappointed in their workmanship. Crown did offer to send out a different installer. I declined. While the seems aren't great, they aren't bad enough to go through the hassle. My overall experience was ok. I am not sure yet if I would buy carpet from them again. One thing to keep in mind. The installers are not employees of Crown Carpet. They are subcontractors. It makes a difference!

Description of Work
Replaced Carpet in entire house.

03/30/2014

Marty V.

I received very good service and the installation crew was fabulous. I will definitely use them again.

01/24/2014

HARRIET J.

I found Sheila Penn at Crown Carpets, Gresham to be an invaluable asset in this process. She helped me choose the appropriate carpet, measured the areas to be re-carpeted and provided a very accurate estimate. The two men who removed the old carpet and laid the new carpet were very professional arriving on time, quickly finishing the job and taking the old carpet for recycling. The entire process was very stress free.

Description of Work
I replaced old carpet in two small bedrooms.

09/05/2013

Sharron G.

The Tigard store was very helpful in selecting the right carpet for our house. Joe was a very hard worker installing the carpet and he did a thorough and beautiful job.

Description of Work
Installed carpet on stairway and a hall

Floors Portland

We provide excellent flooring installation services in the Portland Metro Area. Installing tile, carpet, hardwood, lvt/laminate. With over 10 years experience in the industry we guarantee the highest level of satisfaction and professionalism from our installers and staff.

ADVANCED HARDWOOD FLOORS

Established in 1998, Advanced Hardwood Floors continues to be a family owned and operated business serving the Portland Metro area. Advanced Hardwood Floors prides itself on an outstanding record of quality service and personal attention to detail. Our philosophy is to treat your home as we would our own, and this is complimented by our years of experience in the industry. Our longevity is a testament to the level of service and quality of result you'll get when you choose Advanced Hardwood Floors for any installation, repair, or refinish project.

Offers by ADVANCED HARDWOOD FLOORS on Angi
    Flooring Pro Inc.

Our focus is truly on providing you with the best customer service and the highest quality of work. Since we are not structured as a retail store, but as a warehouse we don’t have the mark ups on our products like our competitors. This allows us to pass on significant savings to you! On average we are 15% to 35% less than any of our competitor’s SALE prices!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential and commercial flooring sales and installation. Large in-stock carpet and vinyl inventory. Products include carpet, pad, remnants, hardwood and laminate floors, sheet vinyl and linoleum, ceramic and porcelain tile, stone and granite tile, countertop laminates, cleaning products. Services include material sales and selection advice, carpet and flooring installation, rug binding, free measures and estimates, warehousing of customer orders, sample checkouts, free 6 month financing.