Aladdin Heating & AC

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 2009

4.2

1924 SW 32nd St

Gresham, OR 97080

Aladdin Heating & Ac is a family owned & operated company. If you’re like most of our customers, you don’t buy heating and cooling solutions every day–or BBQ grills, for that matter–and you have questions. That’s good! We want to be a resource for Portland home owners and businesses and we want you

12/19/2016

Kevin G.

The work was excellent. These guys are a small business and this is exactly how a small business should operate. I liked the one on one attention I got and felt taken care of.

Description of Work
Installed electrical ductless heat pump

03/07/2016

Shelley B.

They were very efficient. They showed up when they said they would. It didn't take very long for them to finish, it was what they promised. I just paid the $149 for the big deal. It was something that I did before I was selling the place, and I was required to get some work done, and that was why I hired them. If I was still living in Portland, I would use them again. I moved to Southern California.

12/10/2015

Barry S.

Provider was late, I dont care about that, i was home. i was supposed to receieve a call back about adjusting the burner (he said it didnt have an adjustment or couldnt find it and also about getting a blower, He called Superior (the fireplace brand)) its been a week or so. I was getting $100 service which is clean and make sure its safe. Yes its cheaper than others but, I used these guys since they were the earliest available. I should have waited since the cleaning was extremely poor (i have soot on my keyboard right now). So now I spent $100 and have to call someone else to see if they can install a blower via taking out the firebox. The slots not big enough to slide in the blower but the last installer took it apart, changed the little furry stuff cleaned the logs, etc. I call, get an appt. ask if they can install a fan blower. Call back , yes its $300. For me thats too much but, if thats going rate fine. I buy a blower for $50 (i have another fireplace with blower and it didnt cost 300 installed) So after 2 short fires, the glass is getting sooty already, meaning its probably not burning correctly? its 4 years old. i take off the glass to look and see drip marks from the cleaning of the glass, I touch the log where there is a big chunk of soot (looks to me like the log is burnt, i touch it, it isnt, its a pile of soot. I touch the walls, they are covered in a nice layer. I took pictures of everything and will see if I can upload them. Essentially I apparently paid for an ok glass cleaning, a sniffer to make sure theres not carbon monoxide in the house. I havent heard back about any adjusment to the burner - whether it is possible or about getting a blower (i have a fireplace witha blower and I dont see why they all dont have them?) What to do? Call Superior, find out if the burner is adjustable, if i can get a blower that fits or if someone can take the box out for me. Ive also seen this done on youtube and in blower reviews, maybe thats not normal?. Im not cheap or persnickety but it chaps my butt when I cold have gone with someone else and perhaps had it done better/correct? I hate chasing people aroound with calls trying to get the work done properly so Im not going to. Update 1/2/2016 Russ Noble Fireplace came out installed a blower, cleaned the fireplace and adjusted it all within about an hour. The glass was already sooty. Not sure what Home Comfort thought they did but, if I paid with a credit card I would reverse the charges.

Description of Work
serivce? gas fireplace. They charged me for nothing!

Category fireplaces, gas logs

09/29/2014

ELENA P.

The provider failed to contact me to schedule an appointment after I bought the service through Angie's List and paid for it by Paypal. When I called him, we scheduled an appointment for a few days later. That Monday,he called me to let me know he was on his way and arrived promptly. He told me he had not contacted me because he had not received any payments and that he would contact Angie's List himself. He proceeded with his inspections, even removing his shoes before coming into the house since it was raining. No repairs were needed and he complimented me for keeping the filters clean.

Description of Work
The provider inspected the furnace - fan and motor - and the air conditioner; he checked the temperatures of the air blown into the house, and checked for carbon emissions inside the house

08/15/2014

Cathleen S.

They were to do this 22-point winter furnace inspection and cleaning but when they arrived at my house they informed me that I did not need this deal. I appreciated the honesty that this company gave me.

Description of Work
22-Point Winter Furnace Inspection and Cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, fireplaces

04/04/2014

Celeste D.

The gentleman was courteous and professional, however I could have provided the same service myself. It was only about 15 minutes of service and the filters don't cost much.

Description of Work
Checked for gas leaks and replaced the filter.

03/10/2014

Brian C.

It was great! They were timely and finished the work. They came a week later after I made the purchase.

Description of Work
I purchased a "Big Deal" coupon with Aladdin Heating & Air Conditioning for a furnace tune-up.

02/19/2014

Nathaniel F.

They also told me about future replacement options.

Description of Work
They came in and looked at my furnace and explained to me how it works and how long it might last.

02/13/2014

Steven B.

The process went fine. Very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced gas furnace with top of the line unit.

02/05/2014

Ron I.

Aladdin Heating & Air were late to get here. When he got here, he said my furnace did not need any tune-up and was in great shape, and he really didn't do anything. He seemed knowledgeable, but he wasn't interested in doing anything. I had already cleaned the filter myself, the month before.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal to get my furnace inspected.

01/30/2014

TERRY B.

Have not used, yet, scheduled for this weekend Work was canceled by me

Description of Work
Did not do work at my house

01/28/2014

GLORIA B.

I called them & I never heard back from them.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Aladdin Heating & Air - Sold Out: $69 for a 22-Point Winter Furnace Inspection and Cleaning

01/20/2014

Bruce M.

He showed up exactly when he said he would and also advised us that the type of furnace we have doesn't require annual maintenance, only regular filter changes. The last service person who "tuned up" the furnace tried to sell us an annual maintenance plan for $250. The person sent from Aladdin said that was just wrong. Very ethical and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Aladdin used a sub contractor for the furnace maintenance package I purchased.

12/25/2013

NANCY K.

It went ok. I was proactive in scheduling the appt. we had to change it a few times but finally got it done. Ernie was very nice and knowledgable

Description of Work
I used Aladdin Heating and Air for a furnace inspection.

12/24/2013

Jerry C.

No cleaning or part of "22 point inspection" was actually done. No formal paperwork listing what was actually done was given,

Description of Work
Looked at a few parts of furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, gas logs

12/22/2013

Jan S.

He did change the filter, but didn't feel like he did anything I couldn't have done myself.

Description of Work
I bought the furnace cleaning, he brought his shop vac in and had it on for the most 2 minutes.

12/22/2013

Toni J.

18 point check on my heating system. Owner came onsite and was very knowledgeable and provided me with some helpful tips and hints as well as a status on my overall furnace and longevity.

Description of Work
I used ALADDIN HEATING AND AIR.

12/14/2013

Moira M.

They went into the garage to inspect & clean the furnace. They also checked the vents in the house for carbon monoxide. My husband was the one dealing with them, and he said they were good. They were also very proactive about contacting us to set up a time for the appt.

Description of Work
I used Aladdin Heating & Air

11/21/2013

Jo Ann A.

. .Ernie went beyond his specified routine to check my AC unit and I really appreciated his expertise. I would use Ernie again and if I am in need of a new furnace I would call him.

Description of Work
Ernie tested the furnace and found it in good repair. He changed the filter I supplied. He also found a slight leak around the pipe to the chimney that was leaking a small amount of carbon monoxide and recommended I get a carbon monoxide alarm and where to install it.I asked him to check my AC to see if it would need to be cleaned on the inside around the fan,etc. He said because I keep it covered in the winter it was in good condition.

11/19/2013

Margaret J M.

The process took a little longer than I'd anticipated, but that was not a real problem. Ernie was unable to keep our original appointment due to an injury he received on another job. (We delayed a week.) He was very professional and helpful. The furnace is running well now and he was even willing to give us a working estimate on furnace replacement. Overall a very positive experience. I'd recommend Aladdin Heating & Air to anyone. I'm going to continue to gather more info on replacement costs and won't hesitate to call Aladdin again for my furnace needs.

Description of Work
Started my furnace, did a 22 point check including a check for emissions. He also shared information regarding the furnace's age and overall condition. He was also provided us with a replacement cost estimate.

11/14/2013

Darlene L.

All he did was change the filter that I had provided. I had to ask him about the work and he did say he could do a carbon monoxide test and I did not see him do that but I did not watch over him. I have had the service before and the other service provider have been more thorough. He was nice and he did explain why he was late as he was not at my home during a four hour window that I was given for them to be at my home. He did call during the window and let me know he was running behind and I just wonder if that is why he was not very thorough with the service.

Description of Work
The Big Deal was for a cleaning and an inspection of the furnace. The guy who did the work put in a filter as well.

11/13/2013

William S.

Service provider placed one call on a Monday afternoon; I returned that call the following morning, Tuesday, leaving a message. I placed another call two days later on Thursday morning, again leaving a message. Messages/calls were not returned by service provider.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Aladdin Heating & Air.

11/09/2013

Michele S.

Very quick contact and scheduling after I purchased the Angie's Deal. Ernie showed me how to change filters in my quirky 15-year-old gas furnace and gave me advice about maintenance and when to expect replacement. Tested for CO2 and general condition. Will definitely give home a call when it's time to upgrade.

Description of Work
Furnace inspection (Angie's Deal)

01/04/2013

Cathy C.

Description of Work
Ernie installed a gas Fireplace set in our livingroom. We already had gas into the house, he brought the line to the fireplace and installed a valve for operating the fireplace. Ernie was very conscientious making sure that all our pilots were reignited before he left. Our gas fireplace was not working downstairs and he spent extra time attempting to fix this for us. During his first visit my husband and I were having troubles with our furnace fan not turning off at temperature. Ernie adjusted the furnace at no additional cost. That is the kind of thing you remember. Thanks Ernie!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, fireplaces, gas logs

06/12/2011

ANDREW S.

Really pleased with responsiveness and job done. Some minor clean up issues. Would definitely recommend, but can't compare to others.

Description of Work
Tankless water heater and high efficiency gas furnace installation

Comfort Solutions Heating & Cooling Inc

We are still accepting all service call requests for any HVAC needs. We can service your home with minimal physical contact! Our safety measures have increased dramatically as recommended by the CDC due to the COVID virus. And will use every measure possible to keep you, your family and our employees safe! Our extremely knowledgeable staff can install, service, and maintain your home heating and cooling system backed with a premium lifetime workmanship guarantee that is almost exclusive to Comfort Solutions. We can also provide up to a Carrier 10 years parts and labor warranties. Comfort Solutions also installs and services traditional gas furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, and ductless heat pumps by all manufacturers. Our dedication to "Simply Outstanding Service" has taught us, and our most satisfied customers, that a E.P.A. (Equipment Protection Agreement) is the most effective and efficient method of keeping your home comfort system running smoothly...longer. Call us today for more information on a E.P.A.

JCL Heating and Cooling, LLC

We take great pride in our HVAC experience, expertise, quality and customer service that we provide to meet your needs. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship and complete customer satisfaction from start to completion of a project. In order to understand the needs and expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer a professional manner. Our reputation is based on service, safety and quality, regardless of how large or small the job.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

The Cool Guys LLC

Heating and air conditioning service, repair, and/or installation services. All makes and models, easy financing for any credit type. License, bonded and Insured. Family owned and operated, we have a low overhead to pass savings on to you! Senior discounts available.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Fireplaces. Wood Stoves. Grills. Smokers. Fireplace Inserts. HVAC.