T&K Mechanical

PO Box 116

Forest Grove, OR 97116

08/22/2017

Henry M.

On-time, very professional, work was done well. Cost was as stated. Very pleased with the work and would hire again for the next project.

Description of Work
Add gas line to kitchen for gas range.

12/02/2016

Ken W.

Bad customer service

Description of Work
Decided he didn't want the job and never called to tell us. Waited on him for 2 weeks. Poor customer service!

12/18/2015

William B.

Install done on time and correct, could have been better coordinated with electricion.

Description of Work
Installed gas fire place

10/14/2015

Kimberly R.

Description of Work
Extended a gas line across my kitchen. Great work!

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

10/04/2015

BRENDA F.

They were very knowledgeable on what I needed and had no reservations about going into the crawlspace like other plumbers have been. They knew they needed to bring in a new line from the meter as the existing line for the furnace was not sufficient for the furnace and the range. When they brought the new line in, they made it large enough that we could tap off of it for a gas fireplace if we ever decided to do that. They always explained what they were doing and why. The estimate they provided wasn't increased after the work. It was accurate when they gave it to me. There weren't any travel charges, at least not identified separately, which I prefer. I hate thinking I'm paying them the same rate while they drive. They were pleasant and professional. I really enjoyed working with them. I highly recommend them to others that need gas lines installed in their homes.

Description of Work
Installed gas line for new gas range.

Category plumbing, fireplaces, gas leak repair

04/20/2015

SHIRLEY B.

Category electrician

11/03/2014

Kristie D.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

10/15/2014

KEVIN G.

Description of Work
T&K Mechanical installed new tankless hot water heater, submain gas line and branch for gas stove and evaluating need for upsized meter for kitchen remodel in 2008. Subsequently returned for additional modifications in 2011. All work was performed on time, with good explanation of what preparations were required and what decisions needed to be made ahead of time. |This included coordinating with NW Natural retail store and ensuring that the meter was likely of adequate size and hence avoiding the new meter. |Quote was less than competitors and personalized, local service from a family-owned company was stellar.

Category plumbing, gas logs, gas leak repair

06/18/2014

LINDA B.

Was not very professional. His truck was broke down on the day that he installed the fireplace so he was working out of a different vehicle. He used that as an excuse for leaving scratches on fireplace front. He came back and spray painted them so it's better but said he would refer it for warranty work but did not do that.

Description of Work
Installed a gas fireplace insert purchased at NW Natural Appliance Center.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

02/04/2014

Renee D.

This is the second time I have had T and K Mechanical come to my house. The first time (2012) was to replace and install a Gas Fireplace insert. They were very good and I had no issues. This time I had purchased a new slide-in gas range from Sears to replace an existing one in an island. The Sears delivery and installer refused to install the new range because the gas line to the gas range did not have a shutoff valve and the line had to be moved. Sears did leave the new range with me. The wanted me to call A-1 Installation to do the work. After 2 attempts and no return phone calls from A-1 Installation, I called Tand K Mechanical. They were able to come later in the week. They came out, we discussed what needed to be done and how it would look. They made sure that the shutoff valve was accessible without having to move the range. They were very professional, friendly and cleaned up when they were done. They would have installed my new range for me at no extra cost had Sears left the gas line fitting for the new gas range with the range.

Description of Work
Move a gas line ~6 inches and installed a shut-off valve for a slide-in gas range

02/28/2013

James V.

It was a good experience. They were quick, neat, and did a good job.

Description of Work
I was referred to T & K Mechanical by a fireplace company to put in an outside gas line for my gas grill.

Category gas grill repair

10/31/2010

Kathy D.

Got estimate. Was ready to do the work, but needed to wait for fireplace to be delivered. Tim picked up the fireplace insert at NW Natural. Was punctual, clean, professional. Would definetly call on them again if needed. I didn't get any other estimates so I'm not sure whether or not this was a good price. But since I'm satisfied with the work......it's all good.

Description of Work
Took out pellet stove and installed gas firplace insert. Gas was already there, as there used to be a gas fireplace in the family room.

11/18/2009

SUZY B.

During installation of a gas log set Tim discovered a gas leak in our crawlspace. He noted that the flexible line installed to the Range and On demand hot water heater was not to code. He gave me a very reasonable price and the job was done quickly and professionally. I only wish we would have discovered Tim earlier. He is a man of integrity and does the job right.

Description of Work
Replaced leaking flexible gas piping with black iron pipe in crawlspace. Replaced flexible piping with black iron pipe to our on demand hot water heater.

Category gas logs, gas leak repair

08/28/2009

Rebecca L.

The installer was on time. Went right to work. Connected up and installed the stove completely. Reinstalled the vent system for the downdraft blower (this was not expected).

Description of Work
Connect up a new gas stove top after the replacement of a counter top.

01/04/2008

KEVIN G.

Process was great. Kim in the office was very helpful in answering questions and scheduling the job around our vacation plans and other contractors. Work went as planned, piping was run professionally, and it passed the inspection without issue. Thanks to the team at T&K, we had running water in the kitchen remodel when we got home!

Description of Work
Tim and his coworker installed a new 1" gas line from the meter to the site of a future tankless hot water heater, and ran 3/4" pipe from there to the site of a new gas stove. The next day, another company Tim works with came to hookup new faucet, sink drains, and hose bib.

10/29/2007

DIANA J.

They were able to send someone right away. The technician was on time, pleasant, efficient, thorough. As well as repairing the lighting problem, he cleaned the fireplaces and the glass fronts. Both of my fireplaces are working.

Description of Work
They repaired two gas fireplaces which would not come on.

03/01/2007

TOM P.

Great! The two installers showed up 10 minutes early, came up with a really good route for the gas line, installed the gas line, chimney cap, and insert in about 4 hours. When the city building inspector came to check their work, he was very impressed. Good follow-up after inspection to do the final hookup and get the stove working.

Description of Work
Install a gas fireplace insert, including plumbing of a new gas line to connect the fireplace insert, and connection of two three inch vent pipes from the insert to the chimney cap.

Category chimney caps, gas logs, gas leak repair

09/26/2006

MELINDA C.

They came out for a free estimate and we were able to schedule the work quickly. Very pleased with their level of service and quality. Tim ensures not only that is the work done well, but also that it is done to the highest quality. This is the second time we have used them and we are very pleased.

Description of Work
T&K came out to plumb the house for three additional appliances (dryer, gas insert, and BBQ).

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

09/12/2006

ED C.

They came out and gave me an estimate, I approved the work, and they said they would be back the following week to do the work. I called twice the following week to find out when and they did not return my calls. I finally got a hold of someone on the following Friday, she said she would get back to me again and never did. I called her the following week (2 weeks since the estimate), and she said, "Oh, we decided not to do the job." GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE - HA!

Description of Work
I needed a short gas line run from my home to my outdoor kitchen.

08/02/2006

ANDREW S.

prompt service, good pricing, very nice and respectful

Description of Work
Gas leak for outdoor fireplace

01/25/2006

BARBARA E.

Tim, the president, was very polite. I took bids from several, and he was by far the most reasonable. I didn't realize that he was using metal pipes because of his low bid and heard it cost more. He put down canvas cloths on the floors, vacuumed afterwards, and came back when my range was to be delivered to make sure everything was in order. He answered any questions I had. It was probably 50 feet of pipe. This price including EVERYTHING, even the permit. I feel safe and would HIGHLY recommend him. He's busy though!

Description of Work
I needed a gas line brought in for my new gas range. It was to be taken from the garage and run over to the kitchen area. However, the line was kinked (flexible tubing) and he didn't feel comfortable so he took it directly from the gas meter, another 20 feet away and used the hard metal pipes. It took almost 3 hours.

01/19/2006

NORM H.

Tims prices seem very reasonable to me and his work seems to be excellent. My only complaint about him is that he is so busy it takes a little while to get an appointment. If you are patient and can wait to get your work done, he is worth waiting for. The stove install including running a new gas line through my floor was less than $400 and fireplace work was around $100.

Description of Work
T&K was referred to me by NW Natural. They installed both a Gas stove which needed to have a gas line routed through my floor and did work on my gas fireplace. Tim came out and gave me a free estimate on getting the stove installed and then came out shortly thereafter and installed it. When I needed to get work done on my fireplace and have a new logset installed he also did the work. Work on both projects was top-notch. He is very polite, clean and knowledgeable about his work. I felt that he really makes an effort to get it done correctly.

12/30/2005

SHARON K.

Timothy called and actually asked to arrive early (which was great for me)! He laid down tarps on my freshly cleaned carpets so he wouldn't leave a mess. Not only did he repair the problem, he also totally cleaned the interior of the fireplace including the glass. The fireplace looks new! I would definitely hire him again if I had a need.

Description of Work
Service gas fireplace which had a problem with its gas line and was leaking propane and working erratically.

12/29/2005

Kim V. K.

I got 3 bids for the work. They were competitively priced and I decided on them because Tim was very responsive and conscientious. He arrived 10 minutes early for the appointment. He and his crew kept the job very clean. He followed through on everything and I was very satisfied with all the work done. I will hire them again and highly recommend them for any gas appliance, gas fireplace or conversion work.

Description of Work
Converted range, water heater and dryer to gas. Relocated water heater from a cramped laundry room into the garage.

10/30/2005

KARA E.

FRIENDLY, PROFESSIONAL, AND ON TIME.

Description of Work
DISCONNECTED, AND REDIRECTED PREVIOUS GAS LINE FOR KITCHEN RANGE. PLUMBED NEW LINE THROUGH KITCHEN FLOOR. HOOKED UP GAS RANGE IN KITCHEN.

Sutherland Plumbing LLC

Sutherland Plumbing specializes in exceeding its customers expectations through above average customer service, repair, installations and attention to detail. 503-719-4015

2022 Super Service Award

Chimney Sweep Specialist

Chimney Sweep Specialist offers these professional services: Chimney and Fireplace Cleaning, Masonry Repair, Air Duct Cleaning & Dryer Vent Cleaning. We specialize in serving Residential Customers living in the Portland, Oregon metro. We have been providing excellent customer service for over 10 years. Our company also sells Chimney Caps in Stainless Steel or Copper, in standard or custom sizes. Please call us today to let us help with your needs.

Offers Coupon

Performance Insulation - HomeRx

HomeRx is an affordable full service insulation and energy audit company. We offer a wide range of weatherization services that will fit your needs and budget. Our company has partnered with local utility programs to maximize your savings through cash incentives and exclusive financing packages designed for energy efficient retrofits. We will take great care of your home as our installation crews are skillfully qualified with multiple weatherization and safety certifications. Call today and schedule a free home assessment by one of our energy experts and receive an itemized bid focusing on lowering energy costs and improving overall home comfort. Affordable, Professional, Experienced, and Performance you can trust. We welcome your questions and thank you for your interest.

Inspection and installation - gas line, fireplaces, ranges, dryers, bbq & water heaters.

Sell Appliances.