FLANNERY'S DROP BOX SERVICE INC

Founded 1975 • With Angi since June 2006

PO BOX 849

Fairview, OR 97024

12 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES.

05/24/2017

CARL W.

Even though Angie's list states that they do not charge for travel they did in my case. I was charged $50 for "being on the west side". I pointed out that the add in Angie's list states that they don't charge and the rep said they did not like Angie's list and it was not worth paying $20,000 to advertise with them. When I set up delivery of the box, the rep said that someone would email me an invoice. No one did. I was told an invoice would be dropped on delivery. None was. When I arranged for pick up, the price went up $100. I told the rep that two different people had quoted me $100 less. This rep insisted that the reason for the increase was my fault because I did not adequately describe the content of the box. Absolutely false. I actually went way out of the way to be certain to be very specific about what was in the box, sometimes more than once i n the same conversation. Extremely disappointing.

Description of Work
dumpster service

10/24/2016

Esther K.

I called for a drop box and received it a day early but wasn't charged for the additional time since it was a mix-up on their end. The box was just what I was looking for and was picked up and dropped off by two very nice, professional people.

Description of Work
I need a dumpster to get rid of garbage and construction materials while moving out of my home.

09/13/2016

Felix K.

These guys were fantastic. They delivered on Saturday and picked up quickly when I called back. Delivery guy was very polite. The price was great - a low flat fee - no additional charges after dumping. I will definitely use them again and refer them to friends.

Description of Work
Needed a drop box for concrete, rubble and soil

04/14/2015

Janel H.

Be EXTREMELY careful that you understand the terms of the contract with this company. We would use them again but mostly because they are one of only very few providers of this type of garbage drop box service. They'll quote you a price for a certain size of box 10, 20 or 40 yard box. Each box comes with a poundage of materials included. YOU WILL go over this poundage. Be sure you understand how much each additional pound will cost you. It won't even be half full before you reach your maximum included poundage. They are very honest and upfront about this added cost but it's a bit confusing if you haven't done it before as knowing how much stuff weighs is tricky. What they WON'T TELL YOU is that there is also a charge for something called "demurrage". It's basically a rental fee as well. So, if they drop of the box on a Monday and you take a week to fill it up they'll charge you the original rental fee, the extra poundage and something like $100-$200 for keeping it longer than overnight or a couple of days. They absolutely never mentioned this any of the times we called for new boxes. We got 4 boxes over a month long period and paid almost $5,000! They were always very receptive and got the boxes out on time and picked up and dropped of a box at the same time, which I appreciated. People were polite over the phone.

Description of Work
provided several boxes for us to fill up with garbage.

07/08/2014

Richard S.

This is the second time we've used Flannery's, and they've been amazing both times. Recently, we called them on a Thursday for a Friday (holiday) dropoff. They were there bright and early Friday morning, and their ace driver was able to drop the box right in our driveway even though we have a telephone pole somewhat in the way. They picked it up right on schedule on Monday morning. One tip: don't keep the container for more days than you really need it. It may attract lookie-loos who want to dig through looking for buried treasure, and end up making a mess in the process.

Description of Work
Dropped off a 10-yard container and picked it up when it was full of trash. Surprise!

10/02/2013

James H.

This is the second time we have used this service from Flannery's Drop Box Service company and everything went just fine. We are pleased with the service and the price. I will use Flannery's again if we have need of this kind of service. I would recommend this company to anyone needing drop box service.

Description of Work
Provided a Dumpster (Drop Box) at our location on the day we requested then, returned on the agreed upon day and picked it up. Good service - Great price.

09/21/2013

James H.

The person I talked to on the phone and pre-paid with a credit card. He gave me an estimate of the cost saying it was variable depending on the weight and the number of days. I thought someone would let me know what the final charge was (perhaps an email or postal response) but I have not had any indication from the company about the amount of the charge.

Description of Work
Delivered the dumpster and then picked it up after we had it filled.

08/13/2013

Jack Y.

The Flannery team was responsive and helpful. The were able to process my request same day and accommodate a tight timeline. They were on time and I couldn't be more pleased.

Description of Work
Provided & delivered a 10 yard drop box for 3 days of use. They allowed up to 2 tons and mixed debris.

Category garbage collection, hauling services, dumpster service

07/22/2013

Barbara V.

This was by far the best price in town! Twice the weight for the same price as a much smaller drop box from another vendor. Exactly right for our needs. Also appreciated the suggestion that we'd get the best deal if our two day rental stretched from Friday to Monday (weekend days don't count!). The box arrived promptly at 8:00am on Friday and left about 5pm on Monday. Outstanding. Friendly, easy to work with, clear instructions. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Brought out drop box, then hauled it all away.

07/11/2013

Drew G.

Easy process to schedule and competitive prices. Delivery and pick up as scheduled. the entire process was very smooth and easy. i would use them again in the future for other remodel projects.

Description of Work
drop off and pick up of 20 cu yard drop box

06/22/2013

JULIE K.

Drop off and pick up were as scheduled. Drop box was placed exactly where needed. Thanks

Description of Work
Drop box for remodel project.

07/14/2012

Ted S.

I called on Monday morning and had the box by early afternoon - very responsive! I was impressed how they were able to place the drop box so perfectly, in a tight space. When we had the box full, they responded within a few hours and did a very professional job of picking up the drop box - very much loaded - and removed it without damage to tree around it. They were very courteous and professional in their work. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Provided a 30 yard drop box for demolition of my ailing garage.

03/13/2012

Kay S.

They were fairly reasonably priced and honored the Angie's List coupon with no problem. The drop-box was shorter which made tossing things in it easier for me, and my neighbors were able to use the leftover space when I was finished. They parked the drop-box exactly where I had asked them to leave it, and I was overall pleased with the service.

Description of Work
They provided a dumpster and hauling service for me as I prepared to move.

04/09/2011

Melissa W.

They were punctual & polite both on the phone & in person during the delivery. The box was just what we needed. I will use them again.

Description of Work
We had a 20yd. drop box delivered.

09/23/2010

BRAD B.

Excellent! The came on time and picked the box up on time. I have a steep driveway and the were able to get the box up there with no damage to the driveway. Will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Delivered and picked up 20 yard drop box.

08/18/2010

ron L.

The only caveat , which is part of their contract, is the charge for extra weight. I ordered the smaller box, they delivered a larger box, I utilize the extra space with more trash and get some good neighbor karma by allowing others to dump some stuff and surprise surprise I go over my weight allowance.

Description of Work
Job performed as expected......Called them up, arranged a drop time within a 24 hour notice. Driver skilled enough to back box into a tight driveway. Arranged a pick up time, with a couple extra days tacked on---thanks angie's list. Dumpster gone without damage to the driveway......all good.

08/12/2010

WILLEM K.

Delivered it on time and it without any problems

Description of Work
I rented a 10 yard dumpster from them

07/01/2010

Fran J K.

I called on a Friday and was able to arrange for a dumpster to be delivered the next morning on a Saturday which was convenient. I needed to get ride of about 5-6 yards of dirt and concrete and a 10 yard dumpster seems to be the only available choice no matter who you use. I called several companies and Flannery's was the least expensive and was able to deliver the next day. The box was delivered on time early Saturday morning and I was told I could keep it until Tuesday. Because I was worried about possible traffic congestion on my residential side street, I asked that the box be picked up early Monday morning. They did not pick up the dumpster until late afternoon on Monday however, but fortunately it did not cause a problem with traffic. The drop-box itself was decent, it definitely showed signs of wear and abuse and the doors were a little bent out of shape making it just a little difficult to latch properly, but this seems to be the norm for all but the newest drop-boxes. Prices are different depending on what you throw in the box; concrete, dirt, sod, yard debris, or a mix of dirt and concrete. Be aware......the "dirt" must be CLEAN, no sod or roots bigger than a pencil otherwise the load can be rejected at additional cost to you. I was very diligent at picking out any tree or plant roots to make sure I had no surprises. Overall I was happy with the service and plan on using them again for my next project.

Description of Work
Delivered 10 yard dumpster for removal of dirt and concrete.

06/28/2010

LARRY C.

Very smooth. A quick phone call to arrange. The drivers were very punctual and skilled at placing it where I wanted which was a tight spot.

Description of Work
20 yard dumpster placed for a weekend.

06/10/2010

Laura M.

Fabulous service. When we decided that we needed the second dumpster, we called Flannery's and the next morning they took away the full dumpster and delivered the new one for us. Same exact service for the third dumpster. Dealing with Flannery's was the easiest part of the house clean-up. Will certainly use their service again.

Description of Work
Initially rented a 10 yard dumpster to haul the stuff from cleaning out my mom's house. Since we filled it up in one day, we ordered a second dumpster. We finally ordered a third dumpster to haul away yard debris from the massive yard clean up we had to do.

06/02/2010

KATHY W.

Good - I am ordering another drop box from them in a couple of weeks!

Description of Work
They were very nice and prompt with delivery of drop box. When I told them I was a member of Angies List they responded right away with giving me the two extra days.

Category dumpster service

Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate them all. We look forward to servicing you again when the need arises.

05/28/2010

BRAD B.

The guy was really good. I have a steep driveway and he was able to navigate and got it to the top part of the driveway. They left it for about 2 or 3 days when I was doing some demolition work. They came and picked it up. Everything went really well. I didn?t think that he would be able to get the drop box in the driveway, even though he did it the first time. I was pretty amazed that he got it up there. The guy was really nice and friendly. I gave him the cash upfront and then he took off. I wasn?t even there when they came there and got it. I came back home a couple of days later and saw that it was gone. They were there right when they said they would be there.

Description of Work
Flannery’s Drop Box Service Inc brought the drop box to my house in October.

Category dumpster service

The drivers love those challenging ones, it keeps them on their toes. Thanks for your response and give us a call if you again have the need for a drop box.

05/28/2010

TONIE E.

They were fine. They delivered a garbage container to our house. It was a pretty big container and was as big as a car. We had a good experience with them. They dropped the container and then picked it up. There weren?t any problems and the quality of their work was good too.

Description of Work
We used Flannery’s Drop Box Service couple of years ago to pick up the kitchen cabinets that we had demolished.

Category dumpster service

Thank you for responding with comments. We do appreciate any and all remarks. We hope to serve you again in the future.

02/10/2010

KRIN W.

They were fine and I used their services a couple of times because I was doing a bunch of general work on my house. They were good and came out promptly. I was pleased as they also had a discount. They have a flat rate for the actual dumpster and they would charge a certain amount if you went over the amount that you are allotted. They were very responsive and flexible. They weren?t very friendly when I spoke to them over the phone, but they provided good value. I felt that their prices were very competitive. I would probably use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
I used Flannery’s Drop Box Service in December for dumpster as well as hauling service.

Category hauling services, dumpster service

We thank you for your review. I am sorry you don't feel we were friendly on the phone. We will watch that. Thank you again

10/09/2009

Chris C.

Called and spoke to a very nice woman who help set up our drop off time, date, and pick up. Along with providing the price. They offered us the "Angie's List" coupon once we told them we found them at Angie's List. Very helpful, they followed up, and everything went as planned. Very smooth transaction!

Description of Work
Drop off and pick up dumpster.

Category dumpster service

thank you very much for the review. We appreciate any and all comments.

College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving

More than moving and junk hauling, we are the trained and trusted professionals for all your needs. At College H.U.N.K.S. we truly take our name to heart-Honest, Uniformed, Nice, Knowledgeable, Service. That means that you can always trust our team to be courteous, friendly, and respectful of your property and belongings. Whether you hire us for junk hauling, moving, or one of our end-to-end services, you can rest easy knowing our teams are committed to providing the highest quality experience for your needs. And with nationwide locations in the United States and Canada, there's no shortage of experienced professionals ready to lend a hand.

Junk King Portland

Stress Free Junk Removal to help you reclaim your space and get back to doing what you love. We continue to do things the old-fashioned way, your way ensuring your stress free experience and doing all the work to make you look like a superstar. We offer fair, up-front pricing, call you 15 - 30 minutes ahead of every job, and sweep up after ourselves. It's the Junk King way. Call us today and experience the joy, guaranteed at 1-888-888-JUNK [5865]. Additional services: shed removal, deck removal, items too bulky or dirty & items too large to leave curbside, commercial clients, storage units, real estate agents, property managers, estate sales, small building demolition & removal and donations. Call Us at 1-888-888-5865

Offers by Junk King Portland on Angi
    Metro Haul-Away

Since 2000, we have provided fast and eco-friendly service for all your junk removal needs! We are a family owned and operated company that makes hauling your unwanted things convenient and easy. Give us a call at (503) 227-7374 to speak with the office!

Offers by Metro Haul-Away on Angi

Mailing Service

10, 20, 30, 40 YARD BOXES, DROP BOXES, COMPACTORS, CONTAINERS, ROCK DELIVERY, TRUCK AND TRAILER SYSTEMS, WOOD AND CLEAN FILL BOXES, AND LOCKING CONTAINERS FOR ASBESTOS REMOVAL.