Sperry Tree Care Co

Founded 1991 • With Angi since October 2007

227 W 13th Ave Ste 201

Eugene, OR 97401

Our crew leaders are experienced, careful ISA certified arborists. We work hard to provide you with the best quality tree care and to actively safeguard your home and landscape features. For example, we climb without spurs whenever possible. Spurs create puncture wounds in the tree's trunk leaving openings for diseases and insects. Climbing without spurs takes a bit more effort, but we think your trees are worth it. We understand and appreciate the level of trust our customers place in us. While we carry insurance designed to meet the standards of the University of Oregon and City of Eugene, we realize that nothing can replace common sense and respect. We treat our customers and their property the way we ourselves would like to be treated. Your trust is one of our most valuable assets....

08/03/2020

Renee D.

We were very impressed by the expert job they did. They left the area around the trees cleaner than they found it. Workers were quick too. We will definitely call for their services again!

Description of Work
Row of about 10 Arborvitae trees trimmed down a couple of feet.

07/17/2020

NANCY Y.

I have always had good service from Sperry Tree Care in the past and knew they charged more than everyone else but it had been worth it. This time was TERRIBLE. The bid seemed high but he said it would probably take 4 guys 4-5 hours. I thought it was odd because it was much less work than last time but more money. I was never offered time and materials. They were supposed to call first which makes all the difference in the world. Instead I am not dressed, I am on the phone and see them in the front yard, Ughhhh. Terrible way to start any job. They have always protected my house with plywood. They did not. They did not protect the deck (I asked if they could put a tarp over the top rail and they did not) and some large branches hit it. I asked them to please not touch my personal belongings without asking but they borrowed my umbrella stand and some stepping stones to prop open things without asking. No you cannot use my personal items for your job without asking it is not okay. They left a lot of debris in the vinca, they raked the grass but did not pick up any branches or stumps out of anywhere else. They did not prune the tree in front like I asked and I don't even think they did it right. AND the job took 3 guys less than 4 hours. It would have been 3-3.5 hours if they had called first AND did not have to wait 20+ minutes for a different truck because they one they had someone else needed. So, the guys said they would ask their office it I could pay time and materials only (a $500-$750 savings). Instead they took $194 off the bill and told me I should be grateful for that. Sorry I am not grateful when I get ripped off and you disrespect my time and my belongings and don't prune the tree how we discussed and leave the yard a mess. Now that I am thinking about it, last year I hired them to take 4 branches off one tree and only those 4 were approved by the city to be removed. They laser pointed and confirmed which 4 branched before starting the job. They did not mark them in any way. When they were done they said they took off 5 by accident. I thought they were joking, but they were not. They said it is hard to tell once you are up in the tree. The entire tree looks lopsided now and the city will not allow me to make it even. If you can't tell which 4 branches you are hired to remove, why don't you mark them in some way with paint or a ribbon or something. It is ridiculous and sad that you messed up that easy job.

Description of Work
Prune three trees

06/06/2020

Susanne G.

The project went really well! I had never had this done before. There was some winter damage to correct plus other corrections to keep my beautiful trees healthy. The gentlemen made sure to ask me where I wanted pruning, and gave me good advice when I asked their opinions. I felt like they really knew what they were doing and understood the care of trees. They were very efficient, each one going to a different part of the job, so that all of them finished the job together and quickly. All were polite and friendly. They cleaned up all the debris, too. I really enjoyed the project visit and learned a lot, too!

Description of Work
Pruned a whole bunch of trees, excavate & cut a big root crawling under neighbor's drive, chipped up all the limb debris.

06/04/2020

steve B.

Six large volunteer ash trees in my fenced backyard were and blocking the afternoon summer sun from my garden. I called Sperry and an estimator came out right away. The estimate seemed low to me considering the trees were right along a wooden fence, there were neighbors on all sides, and the debris would need to be hauled out by hand. A crew of three arrived on time to do the work and had the job done in just a few hours. There was no damage to nearby fruit trees, the fence or neighboring properties. My property was left clear of all debris. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Tree removal

05/29/2020

andy B.

I have no complaints whatsoever. Everything you hear positive about this company is true. The early estimate was detailed and comprehensive and the actual work done professionally and true to the estimate. Every person involved (including the office staff) was respectful and did their jobs with a high degree of professionalism. I would use this company again and recommend them to anyone. These are good people.

Description of Work
Falling trees and prusing trees

09/01/2019

Robert E.

These guys know their trees! They worked well as a team. The guy climbing way up there was both fearless and careful. They listened and answered our questions.

Description of Work
trimming 4 story tall heirloom tree, removing and chipping dead branches, cleaning up site

Category tree service

Thank you for the kind words about the team. Enjoy your trees!

05/23/2019

Kathleen G.

Great job. Nathaniel is an artist. The crew is friendly, efficient and capable.

Description of Work
Pruning of very tall perimeter hedges.

Category tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I will pass this onto the crew and of course Nathaniel. They will be happy that you took time review them. We appreciate it.

03/09/2019

Mark C.

Nathaniel arrived only a few hours after we had called, despite road conditions that kept almost everyone off the road. His crew called to let me know they were on the way the next morning, introduced themselves then set immediately to work removing the limb (avoiding a large, broken skylight) within an hour. Responsive, cheerful, professional and friendly. We have used Sperry Tree for a number of years and have nothing but the highest praise for their understanding of trees, willingness to explain and answer any concerns, responsiveness and safe, efficient, entirely professional work. Their quick response and clean work enabled us to cover the skylight before the next wave of weather arrived, Thank you again, Nathaniel for you and your team.

Description of Work
40' Oak limb removed from steep pitch roof covered in ice and snow

Category tree service

Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about working with us. Enjoy your treeS!

02/26/2019

Steve Hering and Lin S.

Outstanding. They took the time to check with me on each cut we had agreed on, and when I asked for advice, they gave it. They couldn't have been more accommodating. The results were equally excellent, and they were worth the money to have this done so well.

Description of Work
pruning shrubs and trees

Category tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working for you. Teresa

02/16/2019

cheryl E.

First job entailed pruning/trimming 6 trees. After the first try, some of the trees didn't look right. The arborist came out and reviewed the work. He agreed that the guys hadn't finished the job, so he re-trimmed 3 of the trees. Had we been out of town as expected, we would have come back in March to 3 very poorly trimmed trees. $1185. Second job involved falling two large trees and pruning a third "per client direction." The crew took down the trees with no issues, but they cut off 6 large limbs on the third WITH NO COMMUNICATION with us. Had we been able to "give direction" as stated in the work order we would not have removed the limbs. The removal of those large, graceful limbs destroyed the look of our yard for many years to come. They did take $140 off the $2000 bill. In sum - our experience: the crews don't do a complete job and they don't read the work orders which describe the work to be done.

Description of Work
We hired Sperry for 2 jobs last month. First was to prune/trim 6 trees. Second was to fall 2 trees.

Category tree service

[Member Name Removed], We always try to please, and I'm genuinely sorry that didn't work out for you. We do guarantee your satisfaction and are happy to accept payment for what you believe is fair. Please call me if you want a refund. Teresa

Highland Tree Service LLC

Serving the greater Eugene area, Highland Tree Experts, LLC is dedicated to enhancing your property while preserving the health and beauty of your trees and shrubs. We are licensed, bonded, and insured (CCB# 186319) for your peace of mind. We are tree service experts, specializing in removing, pruning, and thinning trees, along with stump grinding. If you need a tree evaluation or other tree service near Eugene - and would like to consult with an us, please call!

Powers Yard and Lawn Service

We are a locally owned full outdoor maintenance company that prides itself on our customer services. We love what we do which makes it not just a "job" for us. We will take on any project and make it beautiful! We are a full outdoor maintenance company that specializes in Tree and Lawn and Yard Services. We have years of experience and look forward to working on your next outdoor project. Will take calls for Residential and Commercial projects. Call us today for a free estimate. For Seniors and Veterans we offer a 15% discount.

Abl mn llc

ABL MN, is a owner operated landscape construction company Based in Lane county, Oregon. Custom landscapes is my business. Indeed tree services are required. In most cases damage to the landscape is caused by cleanup crews, and chipping. At ABL MN you will see a custom hardscape designer with over 20 years experience in lane county creating, and renovating custom landscapes.

Check, MasterCard, Visa

Tree pruning, shrub pruning, tree removals, shrub removals, cabling, bracing, stump grinding, fertilization, soil amendments, planting, and consulting.