J & S Home Maintenance LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since November 2007

15986 SE Tallina Dr

Damascus, OR 97089

Owner Operated. No Subs. Charges By The Hour. No Travel Charges or Service Fees. Service area Clackamas and Southeast Portland. No Extra Charge For After Hours Service. LICENSE #CCB 172729. May contact through email. JandSllc@gmail.com. Additional services: Patching & Aligning, Drywall Repairs,

08/18/2021

Margaret C.

Jay was able to fix a cabinet door hinge that we thought was unfixable. We'd tried to fix it ourselves but couldn't find a matching hinge, even looking for one at cabinetparts.com. It took him a few hours and a trip to the hinge wholesaler to get a replacement for the hinges which are no longer made, but the door is perfect now. I'm pretty sure there are very few people with this type of expertise in Portland, so if you've got a tricky issue, his many years of experience will definitely serve to your advantage. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Cabinet hinge repair

Category appliance repair, handyman service, woodworking, doors

05/01/2021

Robert(Bob) H.

Great!!! Jay returned my call and came out within the hour. It was not a task he had done before but he was able to install the new batteries(it required quite a bit of disassembly to get to the batteries). He was very meticulous and careful, and had the unit back together within an hour. Very personable gentleman whom I will definitely hire in the future.

Description of Work
replace rechargeable batteries in stair climber

Category electrician

05/09/2019

Virginia B.

Jay has years of experience and good common sense and uses them to problem solve with you. He is punctual has his paperwork (bids,contracts, state required documents) in order and asks more questions if he is not sure of something. He uses his time well and cleans up after himself. Been looking for a person like him for some time.

Description of Work
Electrical, plumbing, paint, out door moss removal, door latch fix

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

02/09/2019

Evelyn W.

very good, needed a few things done around house, installed exterior lights, repaired closet door and cabinet, also screen door hinges

Description of Work
install exterior lights, repair closet door and replace cabinet hinges

Category handyman service, lighting, doors

01/11/2019

Allison W.

Jay was on time, friendly, and professional. He provided a quote before starting work, and kept me informed as the job progressed. The job was completed within the quote he provided. Before leaving, he even vacuumed up the areas where he had been working, which was very courteous and appreciated. I would definitely recommend him!

Description of Work
bathroom fan/light needed to be installed

12/23/2018

Cheryl S.

Jay was fantastic; came over to look at the job the same day we contacted him and then did all the work very fast with the highest quality, exactly as we discussed and agreed. Highly recommended, would hire again for sure.

Description of Work
Jay did several wall and trim repairs as well as fixed our screen door.

Category drywall, handyman service, screen repair

Kathy W.

I have used Jay for a number of repairs and installations since 2014, including installing overhead racks in garage, repairing tile, protecting wood trim and numerous other tasks. His work is top-quality, his billing is more than fair and he is responsive and punctual. He takes time to explain his work and give advice.

Description of Work
A variety of tasks

Carol M.

Jay did a great job we couldn’t even tell there had been a problem with the wall or ceiling. We highly recommend Jay. He is our go to person.

Description of Work
We have used Jay for many years. He is always very professional, punctual and competant. This last project Jay fixed a large hole in our drywall as well as fixed the orange peel on the ceiling of the bathroom. He also changed the locks on our shop.

Category drywall, handyman service, locksmith

S G.

The ceiling is repaired. We have no large hole and it looks good. Jay is a professional. When you ask about something he will give his opinion which helps. I have used him for various projects and I have not been disappointed.

Description of Work
Jay repaired a large hole in the laundry ceiling that occurred from a plumbing problem from the bathroom above

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

01/08/2018

Kip F.

Jay was great! Professional and a true craftsman. I appreciated his knowledge, advice and communication. I will be going to him first for future home projects.

Description of Work
Dry wall repair for my dining room and bathroom and a few other various home maintenance needs.

Category drywall, handyman service, insulation, plastering

10/10/2017

Janet L.

The parts I had bought for the door weren't exactly like the old ones, but Jay was able to make them work with no problem. One of the fixtures in the light just needed scraping out and then it worked fine. Jay was on time, very efficient, and clearly knowledgeable and skilled. He declined the two larger projects, which was fine, as they will involve more extensive work. All told, Jay spent about 1-1/2 hours looking things over and doing the work. It was a very satisfactory experience and I would definitely use him again or recommend his services to others.

Description of Work
I contacted numerous handymen and they were either booked far in advance or didn't return my call. Jay asked me to e-mail him a list of what I needed done. I had two small projects and two larger ones. He was able to come out within a week and came prepared to fix the two smaller issues right away, my front door which needed the deadbolt and doorknob replaced, and a kitchen light that wasn't working.

Category handyman service, lighting, doors

09/03/2017

Kathy L.

Great. Jay fixed the sheetrock, replaced tile, repaired a bath fan and painted the bathroom. He did a great job. It was so nice to have someone knowledgeable and able to do all the work himself.

Description of Work
Sheetrock and tile repair, painting and bath fan repair

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, ceiling fans, interior painters

06/27/2017

Victoria W.

Jay was right on time as scheduled. He carefully removed the old mailbox and worked meticulously while installing the new larger mailbox. He even used longer screws than were supplied with the base plate to ensure that the mailbox was secure. He also measured how the house numbers should be placed so they were in a straight line. The work was very thorough and he even reinstalled the newspaper container as well. For the kitchen storm window, he had to loosen screws to remove it and snap the sagging rubber seal back into place. He then reinstalled the screen perfectly. The exercise chair in the basement had a metal attachment which added to its weight. He was able to carefully carry it up the stairs and out to the carport to be later picked up by junk haulers. Before he left he noticed that my bolt lock was sticky so oiled it. Also my door latch was not closing correctly due to some weatherstripping that had been applied. So he adjusted the latch plate so that the door would lock once again. Jay does very thorough and excellent work with every task. He is very professional and provides any information needed to maintain the item fixed. I definitely feel secure in hiring him for any maintenance needed around the house.

Description of Work
I needed a new mailbox installed to replace the old one that needed to be removed. Also the storm screen at the kitchen window had a rubber seal that was sagging as well as a heavy exercise chair that needed to be carried up from the basement to the outside carport.

06/02/2017

DONNA H.

He did excellent work and voluntarily fixed the door lock problem.

Description of Work
Install a garbage disposal. He also tightened a loose faucet, fixed our front door which didn't lock properly.

04/17/2017

Michael C.

Jay has done maintenance work at my rental property on multiple occasions and has always been excellent to work with. This service was no exception. I'd hire him again without question!

Description of Work
repair and replace bathroom sink hardware

04/12/2017

Michael C.

Everything went well and even though it took a little longer than originally expected, the price remained as quoted. I've used Jay a couple times over the last couple years now and he's a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
I needed bathroom faucets installed, toilet flapper and valve updated and bathroom fan serviced.

04/02/2017

JEANNETTE G.

Jay has repaired many things at my home. Most recently he replaced a shed door damaged by a tree limb. Job required track/frame repair/replace, new door, floorboard replacement. He maintained his usual professional, efficient work style.

Description of Work
Replace shed door damaged by tree limb.

03/27/2017

Bob G.

Tops, simply tops. Jay is a phenomenal handyman - highly skilled, professional, and thorough. For example, not only did he clean the exhaust fans in our old home, he took them apart, serviced the motors and blades, and put them all back together as new. Super job. We gave him a lot to do to get our house ready to sell. He charges by the hour, but wasted not a minute, and finished in less time than estimated. We'd hire him again in a heartbeat... except that our new home is not in his territory of service. Our loss!

Description of Work
Bathroom exhaust fan service, attic duct repair, sink caulking, door adjustments.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans, doors

02/12/2017

Diane E.

Fantastic. Professional. Good at detail work. Went above & beyond. Had great ideas on cost saving alternatives. Came in under budget.

Description of Work
Remodel Mud Room. Dry wall, painting, trim, framing around windows & doors, casing.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters, doors

02/12/2017

Mary S.

Jay is very professional and takes care to do the job correctly. He is reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Various handyman and carpentry work.

Category handyman service, woodworking

12/20/2016

HOLLY N.

He's had lots of experience, was direct, helpful, efficient, skillful, all around very professional. Plus, he is very tall, which is quite an advantage for things that need to be done in a house situation. He got back to me right away to let me know what time he had available.

Description of Work
Used him for several things related to a home sale, sanding and repainting a front door, fixing a doorbell and gate.

11/01/2016

DEBBIE K.

Jay is my GO TO handyman. I've used him several times over the years. Very professional, thorough explanations of planned repairs, excellent quality work.

Description of Work
Deck repair and various small repairs around home.

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, ceiling fans, interior painters

11/01/2016

DEBBIE K.

As usual with Jay, it went great. I've used Jay for approximately eight years to complete jobs from deck repair, disposal installation, hanging new entry and dining room chandeliers to adding handles on my kitchen cabinets. Alway a great job and a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Removed old and installed new trim around outside window.

Category contractors, handyman service, lighting, home remodeling, interior painters

09/20/2016

Dana W.

He returned my call quickly. Said he could do the wall but he was busy right now and could we wait about a month. Yes. Was not a painter so he wouldn't be able to do that. I have some molding work to do so I told him thank you for returning my call but no thank you.

Description of Work
Bathroom wall repaired and entire bathroom painted.

Category appliance repair, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, insulation, plastering, plumbing, screen repair, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

08/06/2016

Eugene T.

Very professional, excellent work and very quick service. I will definitely use this company again. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Needed to get some interior repairs to a skylight.

The Best Housecleaning

The Best Housecleaning is not the biggest yet, we are proud of the fact that we provide service the delight our customers. I started this venture four years ago with the objective of running a business that is based on the cornerstones of strong principles and values. As a mother of two young kids, I know exactly how challenging it can be for people to keep their homes as clean as they want them to be.

2022 Super Service Award

Uriel Leon

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in painting services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Crux Roof & Gutter Cleaning

Crux Roof & Gutter Cleaning is a local company specializing in roof moss and gutter cleaning services. Crux is dedicated to providing quality and professional cleaning services.

OREGON
    CCB
    10/25/2024

Home Maintenance Repairs & Installations, Minor Plumbing, Drywall Repair, Faucet and Disposal Installation, Window & Door Leaks, Minor Painting, Carpentry, Caulking, Fence and Deck Repairs, Dryer Duct Cleaning

ask for details