Alder Creek Tree Service LLC

Founded 1977 • With Angi since March 2006

21977 SE Hwy 224

Damascus, OR 97089

Call: (503) 208-9413 for Professional Tree Care Services - "Expertise You Can Trust" over 40 years of experience. Our experienced team serves a wide variety of clients both commercial and residential. CCB# 179018

Trudy H.
07/10/2018
The crew was great, on time, skilled and professional, we would definitely use them again.
Description of Work
We had a very large double trunk maple tree, within 25 feet of our home, cut down.
Bill W.
10/26/2017
The first crew arrived on time and went straight to work removing the large branches very methodically. We were very impressed with the removal and they left the wood behind for firewood cut in 18 inch sections. Two weeks later a member of Phil’s crew arrived and ground the stump down to ground level. He was very cautious to avoid damaging the fence the stump was next to and telephone line directly under the stump. He even used a leaf blower to clean wood chips off our deck and blew the debris into a large pile for removal. We are very impressed with the outcome and will recommend Alder Creek to our friends and family and will call Phil again in the future.
Description of Work
We needed a very large 45 year old maple tree removed in our backyard that consumed the majority of our yard and the neighbor’s directly behind our home.
Jaimie B.
09/07/2017
Alder Creek Tree Service inspected some cedar trees on my property to assess which ones might be a hazard. They were conservative in suggesting which ones to take down, which I appreciated since I am trying to preserve the nature of my wooded lot. After accepting their quote, work was scheduled for a week later. The work was completed over two days. One tree was near utility lines, and the other tree was inches from the house. Overall the project went well in spite of the saturated and muddy ground and driveway. I regret that I had an appointment on the second day and was unable to see the final take down of the tree adjacent to the house. Wood and chips were hauled away as proposed, along with four piles of sticks and branches I had accumulated.
Description of Work
Remove two very large cedar trees (120+ feet tall). Haul wood and chips away.
Howard B.
06/29/2017
3 guys and a little over 3 hours. Done just the way we wanted it.
Description of Work
removed dead pine tree.
landscaping
Nancy J.
10/23/2016
I took 3 to 4 days to receive a response and then I was told I would be called for an estimate appointment which I was but it was over a week probably close to 10 days before we received the call. Estimate was competitive but by then we had chosen another service
Description of Work
Trim a 25 foot evergreen and two non fruit plums trees.
tree service

Good morning [Member Name Removed], In response to your complaint. You did email us on Sept 28th, and I responded back to you asking for you phone number and address, in order for me to put you on the bid list. You responded back on Oct 2nd, at that time I them put you on the bid list. Then yes, we had some horrible weather and we got very busy. We are very sorry we did not meet you standards to getting back to you in a timely manor. ACTS 503-558-1127
Karl G.
06/08/2016
Alder tree was a danger to falling on my house so it was taken down carefully in 2-3 pieces. Removal of wood was not needed as I kept it and cut it into firewood. The wood that was delivered was already split and was a good mix of multiple types of wood. They were able to back up right to my shed which was on a steep gravel road for uneasy access. I was very happy with how fast they were able to show up and complete the work safely as NO other trees were damaged in process.
Description of Work
A large alder tree was cut down. The tree was leaning towards my house and would have become a danger to structure and people in near future. Alder tree was about 40-50' foot tall. And they also delivered a load of dry seasoned cords of fire wood.
firewood, tree service
vern M.
02/02/2016
Kit B.
11/11/2015
Phil was prompt and quick to do the extremely fair estimate the week before. The crew showed up on time and worked all day.They could not complete the complicated job of removing the maple and returned two days later as promised to finish the job and more. They did a great job cleaning up and hauling away. There was not a problem with the other neighbors' backyards as the tree removal was done with great precision (thanks to the skill of Shane). The grinding of the stump came a business day later and went without a problem. All my dealings with the office (Davena) were handled in a prompt, courteous and personable manner. Kudos to Phil, Shane and the great fun crew and Davena. This has been such a pleasure to work with all of them. All this work will make my daughter and grandkids' life (upkeep and safety) and enjoyment of their coming soon new backyard so much better. What a difference it will make for all of us!
Description of Work
Removed a 50 foot maple that was overgrown and enmeshed in electric wires to three homes and a telephone pole, ground the stump, trimmed a huge fir tree, and took away huge stumps and wood from a large tree that had been removed a year or so before.
Peter L.
10/04/2015
As planned, Pleasant crew and competent.
Description of Work
thinning potentially dangerous branches high in a doug fir.
Sally H.
09/04/2015
Description of Work
we haven't had service for a few months but have used their services for several years and have always been satisfied with everything. |
Katherine J.
08/18/2015
Description of Work
Phil's crew arrived right on time, cut 4 trees for us and hauled the wood away. They were most efficient and cleaned up thoroughly after they were finished. We thought the price was fair and we would not hesitate to use them again or to recommend them to someone else.
Victor S.
08/12/2015
Description of Work
Removed 10 trees that were too close to the house. Everything was done without any problems. At the time i hired Alder Tree Service I didn't know they were on Angie's List so I did not get a discount.
Larry J.
05/15/2015
Showed up on time and were very professional. Had 2 crews (6 people) and did a very good job. A couple of branches did a little damage on shrubs below, but not too serious. That is the reason for the "B" in Quality. They were well prepared and when I asked for some extra shredding they were more than happy to do it and at a fair price. I would recommend them.
Description of Work
Trim Fir trees
Robert S.
08/06/2014
Phil (owner) came out to give the bid for two trees and scheduled for the next week. Crew arrived just before 8am and got to it. Took down the easy tree first, then sorted out a plan of attack on the seconds giant one. Hard working guys, 90 degrees....long day.
Description of Work
Took down two trees. Chipped and hauled away the branches and left the rounds (at my request). One being a giant fir that was flanked by power lines, the neighbors house, and my shed.
Karen G.
12/15/2013
Phil and his crew were great to work with from the star to finish. Phil came out and gave us a quote on the spot and started work the next week. Everything was done as we had talked about. We are very satisfied with the work they did. We would call them again
Description of Work
They removed about 20 large fir and pine trees, ground stumps and trimmed an oak tree.
Helen K.
04/01/2013
We were very impressed by how quickly, effectively, and safely the trees came down. It was a complex job as the trees were quite large and near the house and power lines in a tight space. The job was completed in one day. The stump grinder did break down so new parts had to be ordered but they returned 2 weeks later and completed that part of the job as stated. We would use their service again.
Description of Work
Removal of 3 very large fir trees and stump grinding.
Howard J.
02/11/2013
.Pretty good except a breeze came up just as one of the trees was falling and it came down on top pf a Cherry Tree. They trimmed the cherry Tree up as best they could and the tree seem to be doing OK except that half of it is gone but it's growing.
Description of Work
They removed two tall (100'+) polar trees in a confined space.
Kathleen L.
11/20/2011
The crew of five arrived very promptly at 8am (in fact a few minutes before.) The maple tree was between a shed and deck and the branches were hanging over the roof. They cut that down, working with the chipper as they went, and then cut the wood. The walnut tree was next and they used the same procedure. They put the wood out of the way as much as possible. After grinding the stumps, they raked it smooth. They blew the leaves off our grass, deck and even the roof. Very professional job. We are very pleased.
Description of Work
They cut down two trees, a large maple and walnut tree. They chipped the branches and leaves and cut the wood into 15in lengths. They then ground out both stumps.
Melissa H.
09/01/2010
We recently purchased a great older home on a large lot. Sadly, the trees and bushes had been neglected, wind damaged, diseased and improperly pruned for their lifetime of more than 30 years. Several trees were dead due to a beetle infestation and many were overgrown with ivy and holly. We knew we needed professional help and advice. I made an appointment with Phil Henneman who arrived on time and gave me very detailed advice on corrective pruning and tree removal for a large yard. He spent a lot of time identifying each tree and it's needs. He understood that our goal was to save as many trees as possible and nurture them back to health. His bid for work was very fair and competitive. Phil also explained that the new cuts and tree removal would take a while to fill in and we could expect improvment as the seasons went on. I appreciated him setting that expectation for us. As promised, his crew of men arrived on time and worked at an amazing pace. They were open to my questions and input as they went along. Several times they went beyond what I expected, removing Ivy and clearing out blackberry vines and an old brush pile. When the work was completed, they had cleaned up beautifully, taking special care to clean up any debris in the neighboring yards as well. The improvement to the property is incredible. People in the neighborhood have stopped by to give positive feedback on the looks of the property. I would be pleased to refer Alder Creek Tree Service to anyone wanting to get a great job done for a good price. I will be using their services again.
Description of Work
Tree removal, tree trimming and pruning, stump grinding, chipping of limbs and brush, yard clean up. This property had suffered from neglect and damage from improper pruning for 25+ years. The work was divided over two days, two weeks apart.
Patricia D.
07/16/2010
They workers arrived early, worked efficiently, finished early, clean up was well done. Workers were skilled and knowledgeable about trees. Workers were friendly. We would definitely use them again.
Description of Work
Removed 2 cherry trees and 1 maple tree; ground the stumps and hauled the wood away.
emek G.
11/18/2009
They specialize in handling tall trees. They were recommended to me by other tree service companies. They chopped a number of trees. There are properties in the back. They were not able to get their vehicle there. They had a bunch of climbers climb the trees to cut them down. They just cut the tops and shortened the trees. We had quotes from several companies. They were not able to do it because they used vehicles and they could not get their vehicles back there. Even if they were able to get their vehicles in there, their prices were high. However, this company’s quote was the lowest. They did it for $3000; almost half of what the other companies quoted. Our neighbors saw them doing the work and asked them to do some work for them.
Description of Work
Alder Creek Tree Service chopped down a whorl tree about a month ago. They did another job about 2 months ago.
JERRY M.
07/31/2007
Phil showed up the day after I called. I've used him before and know he does good work. I didn't use him because I got a lower bid the next day.
Description of Work
I had a 100 year old walnut tree that needed to come down. One huge limb had already fallen, and there was a lot of disease in the tree.
GAIL K.
03/27/2007
I am very happy with the results. Phil came out to look the tree over and give bid. Showed up on time for both the bid and start of work. Very knowledgeable and professional.
Description of Work
Aggressively trimmed large Maple tree. I removed the downed limbs myself.
JEANELLE F.
10/26/2006
He and his partner were fast and cleaned up promptly. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Description of Work
They came out the next day after we talked on the phone and cut down a 30 foot eucalyptus tree.
DONN R.
03/26/2006
They were polite, professional, reasonably priced, and did exactly what was contracted for. I am very pleased with their service. I would recommend them to others!
Description of Work
They took down 3 large fir trees, cut up into rounds, chipped and removed branches, split into firewood and ground up stumps. Trees had to be climbed and brought down in sections due to nearby homes and power lines.

Forest Landscape Inc

Forest Landscape, Inc is proud to present our customs landscapes for your home.We are a landscape company that emphasizes more then your typical, run-of-the mill projects that take up space within your neighborhood.

Blessing Landscapes

Our mission is to design and install a landscape environment that enhances your daily life. We use the natural flow of your existing surroundings to develop an atmosphere that relaxes the mind and pleases the sense; turning your garden, yard, or patio into a haven for yourself and your family. Our landscape maintenance contracts, designed with your budget realities in mind, help relieve the worry of keeping up and cultivating your property over time. Blessing Landscapes listens to and works with your style, time, and budget to assist you in achieving your personal vision. With creativity, skill, and commitment we develop the ambiance you desire in that prized possession—your home.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes

Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes (All Natural Landscape) is a licensed, bonded, and insured landscape service company serving the greater Portland and SW Washington areas. With over 20 years of Northwest landscaping experience, you can count on our professional care and attention to detail. Award winning.

CCB-Oregon
    10/17/2017

Tree Service – Removal, Trimming, Pruning, Shaping, Logging, Thinning, Cords, & Brush Chipping, Firewood for sale.