Ultimate Comfort Heating & Cooling

Founded 2011 • With Angi since August 2012

We are a full service HVAC contractor with 35 years experience assisting residential and light commercial customers. We are a Rheem-Top Contractor that also provides products such as Honeywell, Daikin, Mitsubishi, Navien, Rhinai, Bradford White, Eternal, Comfortmaker, Tempstar, Luxaire (York) and

HVAC Companies (57)water heaters (7)fireplace services (5)gas leak repair (3)gas fireplace repair (3)plumbers (1)

07/19/2022

ANTHONY J.

The whole team at Ultimate Comfort were such a please to work with. From my initial meeting with Ralph, to my interactions on the phone with the office crew to installations crews that did the work, everyone in the organization was such a please to work with. They are are friendly, professional, accurate with estimates and punctual. They installed a new gas furnace, updating our "last leg" 27-year old on. We also added central air, which our 1908 house did not come with originally. And finally, they replaced our 20+ year-old electric water heater which had just recently started to leak. All the work was explained and options were pretend. I felt like in the end we were able to make informed decisions on these products that we both felt good about and fit within our budget. Thanks to everyone at Ultimate Comfort!

Description of Work
New Gas Furnace, AC and Electric Water Heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/15/2022

02/26/2022

Keith R.

Work went great. Ultimate Comfort was able to get a tech out the same day without a surcharge, and while they couldn't identify the specific reason the furnace stopped working, they did get it working again during the diagnostic visit.

Description of Work
Furnace diagnostic/repair

Work Completed On 02/25/2022

01/12/2021

TIFFANY K.

Great company to work with on heating and air conditioning. Communication throughout the whole process from quote, to scheduling, right through to the final installation was excellent. I would definitely hire this company again and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replacement of furnace and air conditioner

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

03/06/2020

Patrick N.

They did a great job and the phone representative worked very easily with the tenants in the house. Their price was fair and I would definitely hire them again. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced a water heater in my rental home.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

09/11/2019

ROBIN H.

Denton was punctual and communicated multiple times on the phone before arrival. He quickly diagnosed the issue and gave me clear options as well as possible solutions. Absolutely a very positive experience and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
AC repair and diagnostic

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

11/28/2018

Johnny S.

Brad was on time very professional and worked quickly , I would absolutely recommend them to all

Description of Work
Tune up on our gas furnace

Work Completed On 11/28/2018

11/12/2018

Jan M.

Very efficient found the problem and was able to fix the wire without having to buy a new part.

Description of Work
fireplace wouldn't turn on

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, fireplaces

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

Great News! Happy to hear we could help.

01/22/2018

Yvette C.

Absolutely awful!!! They put hoses through a storage area, when it was requested that they be in the enclosed attic area. They caused MAJOR unnecessary damage and then used a clause in their very sparse contract to say that it was covered and that they would not compensate us for it. They attempted to raise the price from the contracted price. They agreed to be paid via escrow, then demanded payment in full. Worst of all, they withheld doing the final inspection to gain leverage over us during the final sale. They were given numerous opportunities to rectify the situation. They refused. Poor workmanship, lack of accountability, untrustworthy, and manipulative.

Description of Work
Install a ductless heat pump.

Work Completed On 04/30/2017

Ultimate Comfort has closely reviewed all concerns noted by this customer and we have also worked closely with the Better Business Bureau to find a resolution. Ultimate Comfort, along with the BBB found that this project was completed in its entirety per the signed contract. Our team at Ultimate Comfort believes and stands behind the work they have performed, and we feel that we have been more than fair in trying to resolve the above-mentioned issues. Also, all work was completed within 30 days of the date of signed contract. After the install of the new equipment was complete, the customer went off the grid, with no communication with our team for over 3 months. Our team made multiple attempts to close out the project and had no intention "to gain leverage" or provide any unnecessary hold ups in the sale of her home, as that was how Ultimate Comfort was receiving final payment. In any member has any questions or concerns regarding this review, we ask for you to please call and speak with a member of our management team. Thank you.

01/08/2018

Angela H.

Dave and Ralph provide excellent, attentive service. We have hired Ultimate Comfort for multiple projects.

Description of Work
Fixed piping for furnace drain

Work Completed On 12/13/2017

11/05/2017

Stuart B.

Very well. Very knowledgeable, personable and professional. The initial appointment had to be cancelled as they were very late.

Description of Work
Heat pump system assessment

Work Completed On 11/05/2017

11/05/2017

Eric M.

The company provided a free estimate where others did not. they also showed up the day scheduled and finished within the estimated timeframe. I'm pretty much satisfied with the entire experience.

Description of Work
replace b vent pipe connecting both water heater and furnace to garage ceiling

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

10/23/2017

Raymond F.

It was a great experience with Mr. Fred Golden. I believe I may have slowed down his work with my chatter and questions. He was most helpful in describing exactly the work being done and details of the units, a learning experience. I look forward to having Mr. Golden back for my yearly check up from here on.

Description of Work
Maintenance required on HVAC unit, long neglected.

Work Completed On 10/20/2017

08/06/2017

Curtis H.

Integrity and honesty are two qualities you don't often see anymore. Ultimate Comfort embodies both! I can't say enough about how great Ralph, Kristi, and Dave were during our crazy week of trouble shooting and fixing of our AC unit. Although the project I initially hired them for didn't go as planned, Ralph and Dave were great working with to figure out a solution and get our house cool again during a pretty hot week in Portland. Will be a life long customer.

Description of Work
Relocation of existing AC unit and installation of new AC unit.

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

08/04/2017

Anthony F.

I made a call to Ultimate Comfort and Heating as soon as I knew something was wrong with my A/C. I have used them exclusively to service my 115 unit portfolio of rental properties. Many that have A/C's. Knowing what to expect, they did not disappoint. I called and spoke directly to Kristi immediately and she mentioned if something came open, or there was someone in my neighborhood, she'd call me and send them out right away. A few hours later I got a call saying Fred was in my neighborhood and available. He showed up timely and immediately addressed the issue, found a broken capacitor and a small leak in the freon. This gentleman was EXTREMELY intelligent, and very knowledgable about HVAC. I was thoroughly impressed. They also did not charge me for extra time since it was a bit after 5pm. By far the best most reasonable company to work with. VERY HAPPY! You'll be glad you hired them first....trust me!

Description of Work
During one of the hottest days in Portland Oregon (105 degrees) my A/C just happened to stop working! Ugh..

Work Completed On 08/03/2017

08/02/2017

Savita S.

It went beautifully! Ralph and his team were punctual, professional, and worked around our schedule. I would hire Ultimate Comfort for any of my future heating or cooling needs.

Description of Work
We had Ralph and his team install a new AC and replace our old heating system.

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

07/12/2017

David H.

Steve and Matt showed up a few minutes later than expected due to traffic, but it was really no issue. We talked through the details again of what I wanted, then they got right to work. They worked quickly but carefully, everything was done exactly as I wanted, it was done before I was expecting, and I literally have nothing to complain about - a real surprise when dealing with contractors. I would hire Ultimate again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
I needed a gas line moved and some duct work moved. Dave from Ultimate Heating and Cooling came out to provide me a bid. Dave not only provided the lowest bid I received, he also proposed and did more work than what I was originally requesting - a double win for me!

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

Review for Ultimate Comfort Heating & Cooling - 14775 SE 82nd Drive, Clackamas, OR - 35546386

06/28/2017

Shannon H.

When I called, the owner answered and walked me through a bunch of steps to try to help. He also offered to come by and check it out, though he was not the repairman but he could take a look. I opted to not pay the time and a half for weekend work, and wait until they could get me in. They came Tuesday afternoon (Fred) and the work was done very quickly. Less than 30 min? I appreciated the perfect customer service I got from Ralph (owner), June (office staff) and Fred (repairman). Great company!

Description of Work
AC broke on a hot Saturday.

Work Completed On 06/27/2017

06/01/2017

David K.

The first company I called came and did a $90 diagnosis - and quoted over $1200 to replace the motor because it was out of warranty - and it would take over a week to get the part. Luckily I called Ultimate Comfort and they were happy to look up the serial and part number and let me know that it was indeed still under warranty and they could get the part in just a couple days. They had the fan sooner than they said, and had a tech install the next day, saving me over $1000. Everyone I talked to from Ultimate Comfort was professional, friendly and extremely helpful.

Description of Work
Furnace fan motor replacement

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

05/22/2017

Robert G.

Estimate was prompt and accurate. Installation was professional, high quality, and prompt. Follow up was excellent.

Description of Work
Replaced Haeting furnace and AC

Work Completed On 04/28/2017

05/19/2017

Seth V.

These guys were awesome. We got 4 different quotes. These guys were the first to respond, the least expensive, and the most comprehensive and detailed quote. They clearly knew what they were doing and walked the job thoroughly for an accurate quote. They noted that our prior unit was oversized and probably losing efficiency due to overcycling. Everyone else quoted a 3Ton unit (like our old one) whereas Ultimate explained to us why a 2.5Ton was what we really needed. They had the unit in stock whereas other companies quoted us 3+ week delivery.

Description of Work
New furnace and AC unit. Our situation was a little special (exterior packaged unit for furnace/AC). This was not a problem for these guys.

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

05/18/2017

Tawnya J.

Exchanged several phone calls/texts w/ owner/operator re: my needs & the cost of various options. Very responsive & helpful. Once I decided what/who to go with, appointment was set promptly, worker arrived on time & performed work efficiently. Was friendly & professional.

Description of Work
Bid new energy efficient water heater, remove old one, install new one.

Work Completed On 05/07/2017

Good Morning [Removed Member Name], Thank you for posting a review...it means a lot to our company and growth! Have a "GREAT SUMMER" now that it's arriving! Ralph

05/15/2017

Jason M.

They contacted me immediately and had availability that day with competitive prices and an Angie's List discount. The service repair person resolved the issue and was polite.

Description of Work
Furnace was not working. It provided a vent switch error. Needed repaired to use furnace.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017