J & B Hardwood Floor Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since August 2005

Here at J & B Hardwood Floor Inc, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. With over 30 years of experiences we are experts in Hardwood Flooring installation, sanding and refinishing. We also offer Luxury Vinyl Plank and Laminate Plank and can repair water damaged floors, patch and

hardwood floors (104)flooring (43)floor cleaning (1)general contractors (6)woodworking (4)tile installation (2)

05/05/2022

Thom W.

The job went really well. They were able to repair and refinish the floor without replacing any boards. Thanks to the expertise and care of the technician, the floor looks as good as new.

Description of Work
Repair scratches in hardwood floor

Work Completed On 12/10/2021

Thank you so much!

04/18/2022

John L.

Our Maple hardwood floor of 20 years had developed numerous scratches, so we wanted it refinished. It seems to be the smarter option than replacing it. Of the half dozen contractors that came out to do an estimate, only Travis with J&B showed respect, professionalism and desire to do the job well. In this day and age, those are exceedingly rare qualities unfortunately. We have an open floor plan with 20-ft ceilings covering 2 floors. Some contractors told me that there would be so much dust that we would have to hire cleaners to deep clean the entire house. In contract, Travis told me that their process would be about 90% dust-free, and was willing to work with me on further dust control. On the first day, Travis and his crew showed up promptly and covered most of the non-work interior of the house with plastic. They sanded down the floors with equipment that’s attached to vacuum hoses. In the end of the day, the vacuums collected two drums of wood scraps and the plastic covers only collected a thin layer of dust. 3 days and 3 coats of sealants later, we had our floor looking brand new and beautiful. We chose the Bona water-based finish, so the odor wasn’t bad at all. Before applying the final coat, they removed all the plastic and vacuumed the house. I would say in the end, it was more like 95% dust-free. We only had to do a couple of hours of cleaning ourselves after things dried. On and all, we are very happy with the results. This is definitely the best bang-per-buck of all the remodel projects we have been through. Travis and J&B are real pros in this business, and I’d recommend them to anyone in a heart beat.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Work Completed On 04/12/2022

Review for J & B Hardwood Floor Inc - PO Box 1092, Clackamas, OR - 39702034

Thank you so much for the kind words. You were great to work with and we appreciate your business.

06/05/2021

Bill C.

great, very professionally done by a great craftsman, on time and looks beautiful. I would recommend them to anyone

Description of Work
kitchen and bath reflooring

Category contractors, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 04/29/2021

03/03/2021

jordan B.

It went great. Our floors look like new again. They were extremely professional, very easy to communicate with, prompt and delivered on what they said they would. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
We had our hardwood floors cleaned and refinished

Category floor cleaning

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

Thank you so much. We really enjoyed working with you.

02/23/2021

Jeff J.

Jim and Rindy were great to work with. Communication was timely and the work was done on time with no issues. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
carpet removal and LVT install

Category contractors, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! It was great working with you.

11/25/2020

Allen R.

Made an appointment, called at last moment to cancel and never called back as promised.

Description of Work
Replacement of carpet with wood floors.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

06/30/2018

Adrienne C.

They got stain all over our baseboards and even up on the door frames. They left a big mark and gouges on our wall. I called and complained about the poor finish work and they sent someone out to look at it. He said that you're expected to have to do touch up paint work when you have your floors refinished. He also said the mark on the wall looked like someone ran a vacuum cleaner into the wall. No one was living in the house at the time of the work so his workers ran their equipment into the wall. He never took fault for any of the mistakes, didn't apologize in anyway, and didn't compensate us in anyway.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

Review for J & B Hardwood Floor Inc - PO Box 1092, Clackamas, OR - 37202476

06/15/2018

Thomas N.

We have a 1946 cottage we are remodeling. Home was a rental for years. Hardwoods have never been refinished. Covered with carpet for the last several years. Didn't look good. Now they look like brand new flooring. Absolutely beautiful. Quality and Service from J&B exceeded expectations!

Description of Work
Refinishing hardwood floors

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate it and look forward to working with you again on your next phase.

04/02/2018

pasuda S.

They are great. We contacted them to get a quote for refinishing 1000+ sqft of oak hardwood floor in our house. They were very responsive and friendly. They returned calls and emails promptly, showed up on time for estimate and submitted bid with in 48 hours.(a rare thing to find per our experience dealing with many contractors in the past).the estimator was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful . He answered all the questions in details and was willing to share his expertise and gave valuable suggestion. We were planning to work with them but we decided to add on kitchen remodeling project so we ended up picking the company that takes care of floor and kitchen remodeling at the same time. We'd defiantly consider using J&B for our future hardwood refinishing project base on our positive experience.

Description of Work
Refinished red oak floor

Work Completed On 02/28/2018

03/21/2018

Patricia B.

They did a fabulous job. Our ice maker leaked last June. Through the insurance company we were sent a contractor that after a refinishing job it was terrible. They rebuffed it and it was worse. After an independent inspector examined our floors it was determined that the floors were faulty. We then had J&B Hardwood Floors come in and they did an awesome job. They were professional, their workers had extensive experience, they checked with us at various intervals and gave us excellent advice on the after care for when the floors were still curing. I could not have been happier. The only rating I could not answer above was the pricing as our insurance paid for the work and I didn't know the cost.

Description of Work
Refinish our hard wood floors

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 02/26/2018

Review for J & B Hardwood Floor Inc - PO Box 1092, Clackamas, OR - 36919310

01/16/2018

Daniel R.

The work was FABULOUS-from the initial comprehensive ( yet clear and concise) estimate provided by business owner Jim to the professional and tireless work of both Travis and Nick. Every timeline they needed was met, every expectation was met and exceeded! The finished floors are fabulous. Clearly, we are fans of J& B Hardwood We would recommend J & B Hardwood Floor, Inc

Description of Work
We needed to remove existing carpet and install hardwood flooring in 3/4 of first floor.

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

09/13/2017

Harvalee H.

Our floors look great and have a beautiful rich color and finish.

Description of Work
J & B prepped, sanded, and stained our hardwood floors in the kitchen, dining room, long hallway, main bathroom, and entry so it matched as closely as possible to the previous stain. They also hand sanded and stained the first step to our stairway that had multiple rails on one side of the step. This was the first time we had our floors refinished in about 20 years so they had some extensive sanding that they had to do. They used a system that minimized dust and their careful prep work helped to contain this even further. They were very professional, neat, and did a beautiful job. They were also helpful in making suggestions on proper ways to maintain the beauty of our floors.

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

09/01/2017

Steve B.

We are very pleased with the results. They were on time and even moved us up on the schedule when an opening occurred. They kept dust to a minimum by draping all exposed areas.

Description of Work
We hard our floors refinished.

Work Completed On 07/05/2017

08/28/2017

Barry A.

Went as expected, on time and done well.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor sanded, repaired and refinished. Repaired and replaced stairwell banister.

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

07/15/2017

Judith A.

They did an OUTSTANDING job and were very professional from start to finish! I HIGHLY recommend J&B Hardwood Floors!

Description of Work
After 12 years of wear & a dishwasher leak onto our hardwood floors, we called J&B to refinish them all.

Work Completed On 07/15/2017

06/10/2017

Murali N.

It was a good experience. They were very good. I actually got the work done with somebody else.

Description of Work
I did not get the work done with them. I just got a quote from them.

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

05/30/2017

Arlene K.

I did have some problems but they came out twice to look at the job. I am satisfied.

Description of Work
remove carpet and pad and refinish hardwood flooring.

Work Completed On 04/30/2017

05/05/2017

MIKE B.

They were great. Very competent. The floors look great now.

Description of Work
Two rooms in my house needed to have the floors sanded and refinished.

Work Completed On 04/05/2017

05/04/2017

Heidi Y.

Rindy and Jim were great to work with. They were pleasant and cordial through multiple iterations of the proposal. We scheduled several months in advance and they showed up on the day we agreed upon. They finished on time with a fabulous product. They returned promptly when we noticed a couple things that needed to be taken care of. Our second floor looks beautiful and walking up the stairs is a treat to get to it.

Description of Work
Install engineered hardwood over old flooring on second story of house. Removed 66 year old fir stair treads and replaced with painted risers and oak treads.

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

02/25/2017

Amy P.

This company is fantastic. Gave us great advice on stain color and other options. Showed up on time, very professional and gave a follow up call to make sure we were happy with the end product. Highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
Refinished our hardwood floors

Work Completed On 02/23/2017

11/27/2016

Penny A.

I have to say that J&B did an AMAZING job. First, they were very up front about what they could and couldn't do -- even giving me several options. Second, incredibly helpful and accommodating to my schedule. Finally, the end result was great; better than I hoped. They were professional and courteous. Definitely my go-to guys from this point forward.

Description of Work
My hardwood floors needed to be patched up but I didn't want to refinish the entire floor. After being told NO repeatedly, I reached out to J&B and they offered to take a look. I needed three major and two minor pet stains removed from the hardwood as well as some water damage repair.

Work Completed On 11/21/2016

10/03/2016

Christine L.

This family run business is professional from start to finish. They were highly recommended to us by previous users. We are very pleased with our floors. They were forgiving when there was a glitch in the contract, and worked with us to make it win-win. The very hard workers arrived every day on time as predicted, and communicated well with us throughout the project of replacing our floors. I will not hesitate to begin the upstairs refinishing of floors with J and B Hardwood Floors!

Description of Work
Hardwood floor replacing on main floor of our house. Refinishing previous area of good flooring to be flush with new floors. Walnut trim around living and dining rooms.

Work Completed On 10/03/2016

09/19/2016

James S.

I had prefinished flooring and unfinished flooring connected together. I had concerns about if they could redo the finish on the prefinish and also if they could match the color of the different flooring. The aluminum oxide coating really does a number on the sander. They came over for the estimate and assessed that it was the same wood underneath the finish and they could perform the work on the prefinished flooring and they could match the color. We went with just the natural color and no stains. The floor came out looking great. Both types of flooring matched. The edges were done perfectly and I didn't notice any stains or scratches on the floorboards. The house was surprisingly clean and mostly dust free after their work. The only negative is they left the collected flooring wood dust. I expected them to take that with them. Not sure if that is a correct expectation though. I also had them replace couple metal vents and install wood vents to match the flooring. Definitely would recommend and hire again.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing and hardwood vents installed

Category hardwood floor, woodworking