HEAT MASTER CORP

Founded 1974 • With Angi since May 2005

3.3

5-10 EMPLOYEES, USES SUBS, CHARGES $60 HOURLY RATE & $68 FLAT RATE FOR TRAVELING, FORST HOUR & TRIP COST $108, LICENSE # 146074...

Comfort Connection

Call me directly at 503-761-7777. No Mileage Fees for Angie's List Members! Licensed since 1998 (CCB#209520). I am a small, locally owned, company and my low overhead allows me to keep my prices very reasonable, while at the same time, offering an excellent quality of work. I serve the entire Tri-County area and my prices do not increase because the job is located further away from my office. I am a working owner and I am present on all of my jobs to make sure that the work is done correctly, the first time. I do not require up front deposits for any of the work that I do, and I include a 10 year parts, 3 year labor warranty for all furnace and central AC systems that I install. I provide free estimates, and I am always available by cell phone to answer any questions that you may have regarding any aspect of HVAC. My primary focus is residential Heating and AC system installations and repairs, but I am also proficient at small commercial applications.

Offers by Comfort Connection on Angi
Anderson Heating & Cooling

Here at Anderson Heating and Cooling, it has been our pleasure to offer the highest level of home comfort for the Oregon City area for years. Our foundation consists of efficient, reliable and cost effective heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality products from Lennox Industries. Quality heating and cooling products are just where we begin. The technicians at Anderson Heating and Cooling are trained and equipped to handle anything from routine HVAC maintenance & repairs on a residential system to complete turnkey installations for commercial environments. Anderson Heating and Cooling offers your family or business the best heating and cooling products and HVAC services, combined with a level of customer service that will exceed your expectations.

Specialty Heating & Cooling LLC

Super Service Award winner 15 years in a row 2006-2019. Located in Tigard, Oregon, Specialty Heating & Cooling is dedicated to your comfort. Since 1985, we have seen our client base grow exponentially by word of mouth, and are proud to have served so many families throughout the area! We specialize in the following: • 24/7 Service and repair on all brands furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps • Furnace, Heat Pump, Air Conditioner Installations • Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pumps • Indoor Air Quality Solutions • Duct Cleaning • Free In home Consultations • Home Performance Testing • Residential and Light Commercial Your comfort and peace of mind are the center of everything we do. With so much experience under our belt, we know what it takes to be able to achieve our ultimate goal of receiving 100% customer satisfaction from all of our customers. Made up of a very diverse group of skilled professionals, our company specializes in residential retro-fit solutions for all vintages of homes. Our team is experienced, friendly, and professional. Our aspiration is to not just meet, but to exceed your expectations with our superb products, talented staff, and exceptional services. Call us today, our goal is the 100% satisfaction of our clients!

Offers by Specialty Heating & Cooling LLC on Angi

09/21/2015

They put a new igniter in the furnace and installed a programmable thermostat. However, they overcharged me. They billed me $395 for the thermostat, that regularly sales for under $100.00. When they arrived today to do a furnace examination, I fired them.

Description of Work
I told them I needed a new igniter in my furnace and a new programmable thermostat installed on the wall.

07/17/2013

Scheduling them to come out and bid on evaluating our furnaces and AC unit was challenging (Jerry was hard to reach and to pin down, and didn't return phone calls as promised). When I finally did get him to send a guy out, the guy did seem to do a good job explaining how my heating and AC systems worked, and offered to go into my crawlspace to check a few things, and also to check the AC unit out to see how functional it was. Near the end of the visit, he lit up a cigarette inside my garage. I didn't appreciate it, and moved the conversation outdoors where I didn't have to smell it. Then I asked what the next steps were for getting back to me for a bid on the work he thought needed to be done... he said Jerry would get back to me, but first, he would "have to collect for the visit" that day. Given his 6'10" height, and insistance that I provide him with payment, I complied... I planned to dispute the charge after talking it over with Jerry. He assured me Jerry would call me back or e-mail me to discuss the bid. They never called me, they never e-mailed me. I regret handing over my credit card. I'm asking for a refund, and will update this review when (if) I receive a call back from them. Note: This was the only company that I had come by that insisted on getting paid to evaluate the furnaces and AC unit and produce a bid for the work to be done. Other companies spent as much as 2 hours doing a thorough evaluation, and charged nothing, and followed up with a detailed bid/response.

Description of Work
Came to my newly purchased home to evaluate cost (to bid on the job) to repair or replace two furnaces and an air conditioner.

06/07/2013

Found out this company purchased phone number from D & R Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., whom we had used 7 years earlier without any problems. Now called Heat Master Corp., DBA Mr. Furnace. Troy Hill showed up unshaven, unprofessional, and not appearing to fully know what he was talking about or doing. The service call to turn on/check outside AC unit was $117 - nothing wrong with the unit, just needed cleaning. He charged $139.00 to spray a chemical on the unit and hose it off! He wanted to charge same or more to turn on attic furnace/ AC unit, but when told this was ridiculous, he said, since he was already on the call, he would only charge $82.00...when this was debated, he ended up not charging to turn on and look at furnace/AC attic unit saying it was considered a part of the outdoor AC unit; This, after he clearly stated that other service companies would charge to look at both units. I had called a couple other service dealers while he was looking at equipment and knew I was being unfairly overcharged and this guy did not know what he was doing! The 2 companies I called said they would come out and look at both units for less than $99.00 total. Because of this, I did not even ask him to figure out the real problem...water had leaked out of attic unit onto floor. He turned on unit and said it was fine. I did not feel confident that he would be fair and honest in diagnosing and charging for a problem, so I paid him to leave. Total fee for this call that did nothing but chemically hose off outdoor AC unit = $256.00!!! MY BAD for not throughly checking Angie's List before calling the company and assuming that just because the same phone number belonged to an HVAC company - it was the same company used 7 years ago. Another company I called to come out and diagnose both units and the attic unit's water leaking problem the following week was here 2 hours and only charged $75.00!! Lesson learned! Don't make the mistake I made!

Description of Work
Turned on outdoor AC unit, checked pressure, and cleaned. Turned on furnace unit and looked at filter.

12/13/2006

The end result was fine, but the process was painful. Scheduled 1 day out - great. Promised to have technician call prior to arrival so I could be there to let him in. Forgot to do this so the tech had to wait and I had to rush. I was very clear in requesting a programmable thermostat, but they installed simply a digital manual thermostat. During the post-install run-through, I noted this and mentioned that I was under the impression I was getting a programmable model. Tech called the office and they agreed to replace with a programmable without additional cost (I thought $257 was what a programmable should cost). During install of the new thermostat, the technician had several problems and thought it was not starting up properly. Turns out he forgot there is a 5 minute delay on start up if the furnace has been powered off to protect the compressor. You'd think this would be pretty common knowledge for a technician. Anyway, end result was OK.

Description of Work
Replace thermostat with digital programmable model.

05/30/2006

Jerry was a great help. Found us just the unit we needed for our home & had it installed within a few days. Look forward to working with them in the future & referring them to friends & family.

Description of Work
Our A/C went out over the hot spell a few weeks ago. We had Heat Master help us in December with 2 water heaters & a furnace replacement, & they were the first ones we thought of using. We got a wonderful replacement A/C unit & are all ready for summer to hit. Also got great tips on how to keep our A/C unit running smoothly.

11/04/2005

I CALLED AFTER 6:00 PM. THEIR SERVICEMAN WAS AT MY HOUSE ABOUT NOON THE NEXT DAY WITH THE SERVICE PERFORMED VERY QUICKLY. HE WAS COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND PROMPT. THEIR FEE SEEMS FAIR. CAN'T ASK FOR MUCH MORE THAN THAT!

Description of Work
FURNACE WOULD NOT RESPOND TO THERMOSTAT. HOUSE WAS VERY COLD. THEIR REPAIR PERSON SERVICED THE UNIT AND WE'RE BACK TO A WARM & COMFORTABLE HOUSE.

05/04/2005

LAST WINTER OUR FURNACE DID NOT SEEM TO BE OPERATING AT PEAK PERFORMANCE. WE CALLED HEAT MASTER TO COME OUT AND SEE WHAT WE COULD DO TO MAKE OUR FURNACE MORE EFFICIENT. AFTER THEY CLEANED THE DUCTS AND REPLACED THE AIR FILTER IT WORKED MUCH MORE EFFICIENTLY.

Description of Work
HEAT MASTER CORP CAME TO MY HOME AND CLEANED AND REPLACED THE AIR FILTERS AND DUCT WORK ON OUR FURNACE.

HEATING AND AC SERVICES.