HOMEMASTERS Portland East

Founded 2013 • With Angi since May 2014

12900 SE Richey Rd

Boring, OR 97009

We have 9 employees to serve your needs to be the 1 stop solution our customers. We also have great financing options available as well....

06/20/2019

Julie R.

Homemasters replaced my cedar shake roof. They've done work at my home in the past or provided estimates and have always been on time. Roof was done within the timeframe promised and no unexpected expenses occurred. They cleaned up and took care of a minor clean up issue I noticed after they left. Price is competitive and good warranty.

Description of Work
New Roof..

09/19/2018

Karen G.

I called Homemasters in hope that they could do an emergency service call for me. Jenise was wonderful to work with. She called the service guys and had them rearrange there schedule and got them out the same day. Yes there was an extra charge but it was worth the peace of mind. I have forgotten his name but he guy who actually did the worked called while he ws on the roof and and gave me an update. Still awaiting pictures but would definitely use then again.

Description of Work
Gutters cleaned

Category gutter cleaning

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the kind words and great review. We strive to provide exceptional service with fair prices. I will reach out to the tech on site and see if there is any information that needs to be passed on to you. Thanks again, this review means a lot!!

01/29/2018

RUTH P.

Steve came out on time at the appointed time and was professional, knowledgeable and friendly. He showed us all our options and we made our choices and set up a time for his crew to do the work. He threw in the roof cleaning as a bonus! They are very busy and the date was about 6 weeks after our initial discussion. Steve called a few weeks later saying they had an emergency job (a big one) that needed doing and could we postpone a week. That was fine. The crew showed up on time ready to go. They did an excellent job. We had agreed to have special gutter guards put on the the gutters, but discovered that our roof shingles were glued down at the edge and wouldn't allow it. The crew put in downspouts that could be cleaned out instead. This all reduced our price considerably. Because of weather and the change in the job, it took a few more hours the next day, for which we were not charged a lot extra.

Description of Work
We needed gutters and downspouts replaced on our home. We also needed the roof cleaned off and moss treatment applied.

Category gutter cleaning,gutter repair,roof cleaning

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the kind words and the excellent rating. Your satisfaction is truly our end goal and we appreciate your business and support. Do not hesitate if there is some way we can serve in the future. Steve/ Owner

10/11/2017

elsie G.

I will say my roof finally got replaced by steve again after along hard fight and battle. My son ended up being admitted to the hospital for 3 weeks because of a lung infection due to mold because of the roof leaking. He has custic fibrosis and steve knew that since day 1 and it took 2 1/2 years and threats of suing him to get this done. Do not use this company I have been contacted by so many people out there just like me that paid thousands of dollars to steve and were ripped off.

Description of Work
Roof replacement x 2 because of the shotty work that was done by homemasters the first time in november 2014. So much damage to my home and I'm still paying for all of the stuff we had to replace and cleaning services.

Category gutter cleaning,gutter repair,roofing

07/03/2017

Marty B.

It was a horrible experience, and we never did get the painting done. We negotiated and settled with the company after ten months had passed and the roof, soffit, and gutter jobs had finally been completed. The roof leak that caused us to seek roof replacement was actually made worse by their roofers, and we had to call them back multiple times over many months before the leaks stopped and we were willing to sign off. The soffit job is so amateur as to be an embarrassment-- uneven cuts, gaps between boards--as attested by the painters we have had come out recently to bid on the paint job that Homemasters never got around to. Perhpas the worst experience was with the debris that littered our yard, driveway, and walkways for months. All three occupants of our household stepped on roofing nails at some point, even after we asked for clean-up. We were lucky that they punctured only our shoes. But the fourth time was not so lucky, requiring me to go for a tetanus shot. We demanded a thorough cleanup after that and got an immediate response--with a magnet sweep--but months later we are still finding stray nails (roofing nails land facing upward) and pieces of wood with protruding nails in our shrubbery. We withheld the last payment on the work, and the owner of the franchise ultimately agreed to close the ticket for the amount already paid, canceling the paint job. Still, the $22k we paid was far too much for the results we got.

Description of Work
We went with Homemasters because their salesperson persuaded us it was "one-stop shopping" for the new roof AND exterior house painting we needed. We did not anticipate however, that they would treat not only those two jobs as completely separate, with separate contracts, work teams, due dates, and deposits, but that the replacement of the soffits under the eaves and the gutter replacement were also separate jobs, leading to much confusion and chaos over a ten month period.

Category gutter repair,handyman service,roofing,house painters

02/25/2017

Ken W.

Not well. They did great with the gutters, but this project was not done with excellence. Installers were great people, but a few of their choices they made in the process of repair were poor. I decided to use them for a gutter project that went well - but for repairs like this, I would not use them again. Used wrong wood for outside window framing and used cardboard as shims when they ran out of wooden shims. Other issues as well, but suffice to say - just not an experience I'd do twice. Owner did do his best to resolve issues when I raised them, and for that - I give them credit and went forward on a gutter job. But for siding repair or general handyman work - I would not work with them again.

Description of Work
Repaired water damaged siding and window moldings.

Category siding

Thank you for taking the time to review both of your projects. We appreciate your willingness to work with ownership to let us make things right. We strive to make sure that all of our customers are happy with the end result. We appreciate feedback and use it to constantly improve.

02/25/2017

Ken W.

Overall, it went well. Chose a color and style that worked well for the house.

Description of Work
Installed gutters.

Category gutter repair

Thank you for taking the time to review. We're glad to hear that you are happy with the work done to your gutters. Please think of us the next time you are considering a home improvement project.

12/29/2016

Marty B.

My first contact was in June for a summer project before the rains. We've reached January and we have a new roof that still leaks, no soffits replaced under the eaves, removed gutters and exterior lighting, and no painting done. Their friendly and credible sales agent convinced me it would be more efficient to let them handle it all--one point of contact. She subsequently left the company, and it took 3 months for them to recreate the lost bid and another month to begin work. I also discovered that I have to work with 4 separate teams: roofing, soffits, gutters, and painting; who have no idea what the other teams are doing or have done. They show up unannounced, or don't show up when expected. They don't call to schedule or update us. And yet, 30 days after the roofing alone was done (sans soffits or gutters, and still leaking), they were prompt to remind me that my payment was late. Still trusting at that point in time, I drove the payment to their office the same day. Certainly, a few days of snow and a week of rain have hampered the completion of the work, but, firstly, it was not we who delayed the work into the winter season, and secondly, they should either not start a job without completion in sight, or make every effort to avail themselves of weather conditions that do allow them to complete it as soon as possible. Above all, they should keep us informed of what to expect. We're 6 months since first contact, and the painting will certainly not happen until spring, 10 months or more from my first phone call. No word on whether the roofing needs to be redone, but the fact that the soffit work has been halted suggests that perhaps that is what they are waiting for. I have been told repeatedly that Diana will call me to schedule, but I'm still waiting.

Description of Work
New roof and house painting

Category gutter repair,roofing,pressure washing,house painters

09/26/2016

Jame W.

Job started 5/4/2016 still not done. Prep done for painting was poor. Everything else good

Description of Work
put in a new window/ fix roof/ paint house/ put in down spout

Category gutter cleaning,roofing,pressure washing,house painters

05/10/2016

Corey O.

As the rain moved in last Fall we discovered a couple spots where the metal gutters had rusted through and were dripping causing rust color stains on the fascia boards and siding. Owner Steve Frick came out and gave a bid on just fixing the stretch that was holding water. He presented an option to do the entire aluminium gutter system with a lifetime warranty. After careful consideration we decided to do the job the right way. Unfortunately for me I have a hip system so the gutters go all the way around the house and do not stop. Steve was one of six proposals. While they weren't the least expensive, I saw the quality and value in their service and lifetime transferable warranty backed by a franchise company. When we had hiccups or issues, the folks in the office were quick to make it right, which reaffirmed their philosophy to take care of each customer. We're looking forward to further projects with Homemasters Portland East! Thanks Steve and team!

Description of Work
Replaced Gutters and Down Spouts

Category gutter repair

RC Concrete & Construction LLC

Concrete services, including new drive ways, side walks, patios, retaining walls! Broom finish, exposed aggravate, stamped concrete you name it! Serving with 15 years of experience

Captive Look Painting & Remodeling LLC

Our objective is a Captive Look, and that is what our team offers you. We specialize in interior/exterior painting, roofing, floors/ carpet, window cleaning, gutter cleaning, pressure wash, and house cleaning services. We bring your visions to life, with over 25 years of experience. We are licensed, bonded and insured. Our team values your time and spaces, that's why we agree that communication is important for both parties to ensure you are satisfied with every step of the projects process.

Da-Vinci Painting & Construction LLC

For 15 years Da-Vinci Construction & Painting LLC has delivered painting and construction services to thousands of residential and commercial properties throughout the state of Washington and Oregon. We take pride in delivering the finest paint and construction services in the entire region, and outperforming the competition. Our superior quality products and top of the line craftsmanship make us the most on demand company in the area.

201763
    State of Oregon
    State of Oregon
    01/15/2018
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Roof Maintenance & Replacement, Gutter Maintenance & Replacement. Full Interior & Exterior Handyman. Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Window Replacement, Siding Replacement

Underground & Foundation Work. Heavy Electrical Work. Commercial Related.