Ted Rudiger Excavation Inc

Founded 1952 • With Angi since November 2009

63090 Fremont Rd

Bend, OR 97701

Ted Rudiger Jr. Excavation has been in business since 1952 and is a third generation family owned company. We serve the demolition and excavating needs of the Portland metro area providing full excavation, demolition, site work, sewer lines, concrete work, ponds and waterfalls. Payment 1/2 down, final down due upon completion of project. We do take credit cards!...

Resposiveness

excavating (85)plumbers (21)drain pipe installation (19)lawn & landscaping (19)hardscaping (11)stone & gravel (10)hauling (9)concrete repair (8)septic tank service (7)tree service (5)driveway pavers (3)fence company (3)

08/12/2020

Ted fit me into a tight opening in his schedule which was much appreciated and then went above and beyond with the work. True to his word and did a great job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dirt removal and regrading backyard.

CATEGORY excavators

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2020

08/10/2020

Ted was great. He removed a concrete slab and disposed of concrete. Also moved some large rocks in our backyard and placed nicely so we can make steps up the rocks. Did work promptly and even a little extra just to make sure everything looked just right. We are in Bend, OR. He is a good option if you are in Central Oregon.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete removal and large rock placement

CATEGORY excavators,landscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the review, it will help get us over there. Ted

06/02/2020

Out of several companies, I chose Ted Rudiger, Excavation Inc. because the company spans three generations and I appreciate professional experience. Furthermore, Mr. Rudiger's estimate was fair and he was not overcharging. Mr. Rudiger and his employee were punctual and pleasant to work with. They explained the work to me at various stages and made sure that the nearby deck was properly reinforced ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sinkhole, thought to have been caused by old cesspool

CATEGORY excavators,pavers, gravel

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/02/2020

Thank you so much for your review. It really was a pleasure working with you, and happy that we got everything straightened out, and final outcome was successful. Thank you again, Ted Ted Rudiger Excavation

04/22/2020

I would not recommend anyone to hire this company! They did a job for us and (in my opinion) they totally ripped us off. We had to hire an attorney to deal with him! We had a contract for him to remove fill dirt and put down erosion control, and he did not seem to follow the contract on many levels. We had to hire someone else to correct what they did because we continued to have issues. Consultan...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fill dirt removed and erosion control installed

CATEGORY excavators,landscaping,pavers, gravel,asbestos removal,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/10/2019

First of all this was not an Angie'[Member Information Removed] List project, and to our knowledge you have went to every website possible to slander our company. Legal facts are with CCB and our insurance company, who also provided an engineer to your site, and findings were in our favor. We did have a meet set up with CCB, but you and your attorney cancelled the meeting, so we were not able to r...

07/30/2018

Ted was great to work with. He was on time, did the work I asked him to do and exceeded my expectations with the overall quality of the work. There were roots that were buried I didn't know about and more earth to move than he had originally expected. We got it all done and are extremely happy with the result.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Topsoil removed for a new driveway on the side of my home.

CATEGORY excavators

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/30/2018

05/16/2018

This was a great experience. The staff (Roberto, Tyler, Bruce, David and Ted) was excellent and kept me informed daily as what had happened and what was going to happen the next day. They cleaned up after each day and repaired a neighbors fence post that was slightly damaged during demolition. When unexpected issues came up, they found ways to make everything work. Ted ensured everything was done ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace failing wood retaining walls with stone retaining walls.

CATEGORY excavators,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/16/2018

Thank you very much for the great review. It has been a pleasure doing business with you. On behalf of our team, we thank you! Ted Rudiger

08/25/2017

The job they did was very well done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ted and his crew built a retaining wall, put in French drains and landscaping. They were very professional. They did a wonderful job and went above what was expected without additional cost.

CATEGORY landscaping,drain pipe,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/25/2017

It was a great pleasure to work with this customer. Thank you, Ted

06/08/2017

Ted was honest, clear, communicative, and did exactly what he said he would do.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Driveway slope evened out & sewer line replacement

CATEGORY concrete repair,excavators,plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/02/2017

05/16/2017

Ted and his crew came quickly, identified the problem, and got things done efficiently. The crew was professional and cleaned up, everyday, after they were done. They did a great job and we're happy with the work that they did.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ted replaced the dry well, decommissioned the septic tank, and installed a retaining wall in the backyard.

CATEGORY excavators,septic tank,wells

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/02/2017

11/15/2016

This was my first experience using a contractor ever! The good report is due to Ted's two workers who were amazing! they worked incredibly hard, and did by hand what would have gone much smoother with a mechanical excavator, but they couldn't fit one onto my land. These guys worked for about two weeks, and I can't say enough good things about them. We ran into a few glitches, but when I said somet...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed a fence removed, and land next to it cleared of all debris. Debris consisted of left over Bamboo grove out of control, and a large "pile" of concrete and bricks that went deep into the ground. Also the land is a steep slope, and was covered with ivy and morning glory vines in addition to all the bamboo. Ted also offered to de-commission a dirty unused fish pond, and use the sides of it to create new stairs dug into another part of my yard.

CATEGORY excavators,hauling services,landscaping,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/29/2016

Sewer, demolition, additions, asbestos, retaining walls, concrete, paving, septics, site development, drywell, water problems & land clearing, ponds, water-falls, fencing and gutter cleaning, pressure washing, demo, paver stones.

Check, Visa, MasterCard