Diversified Heating & Cooling Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since May 2011

Whether you need a new system, repairs on your current unit, or are having a heating and cooling emergency, we are the ones to call!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

HVAC Companies (31)fireplace services (3)

02/28/2020

Denise T.

Travis and Raul had an amazing work ethic when installing my system. They were both extremely polite, knowledgeable but also friendly and approachable, answering all my questions so, obviously, patient too. The sales rep, Donny, was very thorough making sure I got the right system for my needs at a competitive price. I couldn't be happier with the way things went. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Install a heating and air conditioning system

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

01/24/2020

Daniel M.

Very well, from beginning to end. Meticulous work, friendly folks throughout, fair price. Pleasure to deal with this company.

Description of Work
Replacement of heat pump and furnace

Work Completed On 01/23/2020

Thank you for allowing us to install your new heating system [Member Name Removed]! I appreciate you taking time to leave a favorable review. We look forward to working with you in the future!

06/01/2018

John N.

We live in a 50+ year old home. Diversified was able to figure out how to add the AC in a very tight crawl space and tie into existing duct-work which ended up improving airflow for the heating as well. They trouble shot and solved a wiring problem with the existing humidifier that was causing an issue with operation. When we were looking for best location for the outside unit the tech noticed our clothes dryer vent and made a suggestion for improvement. I made the change and noticed an improved efficiency on the next load. We found them to be very easy to work with and very reasonable in price.

Description of Work
AC added to existing forced air system

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

02/16/2018

Brad E.

Very well. Only small issues was that they forgot to relight my water heater after the install, but came right out when I called it to their attention.

Description of Work
Replaced our old HVAC and added an air conditioning unit

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

10/02/2017

Richard T.

Very well. Just one small part from manufacturer had to be replaced on the new unit, but Diversified installed a replacement for the broken one within one day.

Description of Work
Replaced heat pump.

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

07/25/2017

Bettye T.

Smooth as glass from Don's estimate to the final install. I was nearly finished with the bidding process when I learned that it isn't the amount of money you spend on the equipment to get the rebate from the local electric company (as one highly rated company had told me); it's whether you choose someone from the list of contractors that the electric company has screened and authorized. I obtained more bids from that list and found that even with the rebate included, some companies were way higher than the amount quoted by Diversified, even as much as DOUBLE, for the same size heat pump. Plus, the brand Diversified uses is very highly rated by Consumer Reports but if anything goes wrong that is caused by a problem with the installation, Diversified's labor warranty is longer than almost everyone. The install was done in half a day, including sealing off the ducts under the house in such a way that none of the other bidders had mentioned. The techs were punctual, courteous, and respectful, and the office staff was very helpful at all times.

Description of Work
Replaced heat pump and air exchanger

Work Completed On 07/11/2017

06/22/2017

Les M.

All done in one day very professionally.

Description of Work
Purchased and had installed a new furnace and air conditioner.

Work Completed On 06/22/2017

06/21/2017

devin W.

Excellent...Top notch Knowledge, Service, Quality and On time. Highest rated by Mitsubishi dealer authorization as well. We would have liked a little more training on operating the control unit, however I am sure if/when we call them they will provide all the additional training we need. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of a Mitsubishi mini-split heat pump.

Work Completed On 06/21/2017

10/18/2016

Chuck W.

Bill was great. He went through the system and made sure the problem was fixed, described the issue, and how to make sure it didn't happen again. The filter is an odd size, so he went to the warehouse, got one, came back and replaced it at no extra charge. Wow, what great service.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and corrected condensation pipe plug and clogged funnel pipe. Corrected air filter problem.

Work Completed On 10/18/2016

06/15/2016

jo Y.

Prior to installation date Being an out of state resident, it is daunting to find reliable and trustworthy service companies. This company is an exception. Company scheduled an estimate visit which was timely and thorough. The two professionals explained what would be done and what to expect on day of installation. Several calls from company to insure I ready for installation date. On installation date, the company called to confirm the time and who to expect. The team arrived on time. The team was exceptional. Courteous, motivated, respectful, knowledgeable, truly displayed their love for their job. One gentlemen was on crutches but still managed the team to insure the quality. I found the experience pleasant with confidence that the job will be well done. They even checked out an existing problem I had with a furnace pipe leak which had been leaking for months. Gave suggestions and additional questions to present to the original repair company. They then temporary reinforced the leak patch for me. I highly recommend this company for any A/C or heating needs you may have. They are professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Installation of A/C unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling

Work Completed On 05/17/2016

10/19/2015

Barbara S.

Went very well. Quick and thorough, cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Put in ductless heating/cooling system. 4 units - 1 in main room and 1 in each bedroom.

Work Completed On 07/20/2015

10/04/2015

Timothy L.

I can't say enough good things about Diversified. Don started working with me five years before I was able to make things come together. He sat down and answered all my questions. (I had a lot of questions. I like to understand how things work.) There was never any pressure. And he didn't write me off because of the length of time it was taking to get something done. We got together three different times as my project evolved and my needs changed. I never got the sense that he wanted anything more than to help me out. When it finally came time to install the system, Chad and his crew did a great job. I'm a meticulous person. I notice details. I like things perfect. (Contractors who tell me "know one will notice" when I see something I don't like are not going to get a good review.) Everyone on the crew made an effort to find out how I wanted things done and do it that way. There were a couple times when I, having no experience, asked them to do things a certain way even if it might have been unnecessary. It was never a problem. They were always accommodating and I never felt like I was in the way as I watched over their shoulders while they worked. They always seemed happy to answer my questions. When everything was done, all my brand new carpet was still clean; my newly textured and painted walls still looked perfect; and the four Mitsubishi heads and the compressor were flawlessly installed. I've been enjoying this great new Mitsubishi system for almost two weeks now, appreciating the comfort of both heating and cooling along with the convenience of not having to deal with window fans and Cadet heaters. Bottom line: I will never trust anyone else with my heating and cooling needs. There wasn't a person I dealt with at Diversified that wasn't friendly, helpful, and competent. Thanks guys for a great job!

Description of Work
Diversified installed a Mitsubishi four-head split-mini A/C & heating system in my existing home as one of the final steps of a remodel.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling

Work Completed On 09/24/2015

07/27/2015

Lora B.

This company is great. From the initial contact to the follow-up call, very professional, friendly, nice people. With every appointment, from the first estimate to the install, they arrived when they said they would. We were provided many options that would fit our need. The install went smoothly. The crew was friendly and kept us updated as the install went along. They cleaned up extremely well after they were finished. They walked us through how the system works, how to clean/change the filters, and how to use the remote. We would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Installed ductless mini split system.

Work Completed On 07/20/2015

06/26/2014

Randall T.

They explained everything, they responded quickly, and they seemed like a very thorough company.

Description of Work
Diversified came out for an estimate 3 weeks ago. The quote was for putting in a new heating and air conditioning system.

Work Completed On 06/05/2014

01/25/2014

Tracie L.

and added a fan system to my gas fireplace.

Description of Work
Replaced the pilot light assembly

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, fireplaces

Work Completed On 01/14/2014

12/04/2013

Susie A.

We needed a technician to show us how to light an older gas fireplace. I explained this on the phone when I made the appointment! The company sent someone who did not know anything about our fireplaces! He promised to find out and get back to us. So far we have heard nothing even after calling Diversified 3xs. All they have done so far is cash our 80.00 check. This has been a very disappointing experience. I am sorry I used this company. Still have not gotten the fireplace going. Our contractor friend plans to help us out with it this week.

Description of Work
I used Diversified Heating & Cooling.

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 10/31/2013

03/21/2013

Rynda C.

They were great. They are knowledgeable, courteous, timely and they work with you.

Description of Work
I used Diversified Heating & Cooling Inc. to work on our heating and air conditioning system.

Work Completed On 03/19/2013

03/15/2013

Patricia M.

Wonderful!! They contact me after I made initial contact with them and the project was done when they said they would have it completed. Upon inspection from the local county authorities, I was told that they found a deficiency in the work. I contact the company right away and got a response back immedately. Later, I found that there was no deficiency at all in their work. I am pleased with the response in starting the project, that the costs didn't go over what I was quoted and any concerns that arose, they took care of immediately.

Description of Work
They were contacted in install a AC unit to a pre-existining heat pump that came with the home when I purchased it.

Work Completed On 08/01/2012

12/19/2012

Debra-Diane M.

They were timely; efficient; friendly; knowledgeable; and professional every step of the way. They took the shop vac room to room to be certain everything was vacuumed up and no mess remained for me. It is obvious everybody at Diversified is proud of the work they do and the company they work for. I would not hesitate to use them again if I needed other services.

Description of Work
I had a 2-head ductless heat pump system installed in my split-level home. I had received information about this from Pacific Power and the Energy Trust of Oregon. As my home has no ductwork, this was of major interest to me. I had been heating with a pellet stove on the upper level, and cadet heaters on the lower. I called for bids from the 3 companies recommended by the Energy Trust. Diversified was the first company out; the bid was explained to me in thorough detail. There were 2 rebates, 1 from the manufacturer (Mitsubishi) for $250 and one from the Energy Trust directly for $800. The total bid was $5,950 before the rebates; $4,850 after. I received bids from the other 2 companies as well, which were nearly DOUBLE the bids from Diversified. The only difference was that Diversified did not include a "pad" to set the base unit on - they bolted it to the side of my house with a bracket system, which was much more to my liking. It took approx. 5 hours total to install the system with 2 workers who were professional, excited for me, and polite. Every step was explained to me and they cleaned up as they went along. When they were finished, they even removed my 3 window air conditioners and took them to the garage for me - above and beyond what was part of the job. They then gave me a thorough demonstration on how to run the 2 units (15,000 BTU upstairs/9,000 BTU downstairs) and made certain all my questions were answered before they left. I am enjoying heat on the lower level of my house for the first time in 12 years and it is wonderful! Nice and even and extremely quiet. I could not be more pleased with the product or the services of Diversified.

Work Completed On 10/31/2012

05/14/2012

Ralph G.

They are very consumer friendly.

Description of Work
We last had Diversified Heating & Cooling Inc come out to install a heating and air conditioning unit.

Work Completed On 07/06/2011

03/13/2012

David A.

I would rate them very highly. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Diversified Heating & Cooling Inc for a checkup.

Work Completed On 01/13/2012

03/12/2012

brent D.

They went beyond your normal contractor and finding problems.

Description of Work
We use them for heating and a/c.

Work Completed On 03/09/2012