Raindrop Roofing NW

Founded 2006 • With Angi since October 2005

Wondering what to expect? Our experienced Roofing Consultants will walk you through every step of the process, beginning with a detailed estimate, all the way through to final clean up of the job site. We take care of EVERYTHING for you! RESIDENTIAL and COMMERCIAL EXPERTS • New Roofing- all

roofing (323)skylight installation (43)roof cleaning (19)gutter cleaning (12)chimney repair (3)decks & porches (3)roof snow removal (1)deck cleaning (1)window replacement (1)siding companies (1)gutter repair (21)

01/08/2021

Olivia L.

In communications with RainDrop, we specifically mentioned that we needed to replace an asphalt shingle roof with metal roofing primarily due to the roof slope, and some other factors. A sales representative was sent out to evaluate the existing asphalt roof and confirmed that it needed replacing, but afterward, he spent almost an hour pitching various asphalt shingle products. He was clearly knowledgeable and knew his stuff about asphalt roofing. While the rep was friendly, he didn't seem to have as much in-depth knowledge or experience with installing metal roofing. We were confused about why a rep with more metal roofing knowledge was not sent out as we had no interest in the asphalt shingles. Therefore, we ultimately did not feel comfortable selecting RainDrop to install a new metal roof.

Description of Work
New metal roof

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

12/03/2019

Holly W.

Incredible service. We just bought a house that had a leaky skylight. I had called another company that suggested we replace it without even looking at it, and then never got back to us. We'd already waited a week to hear back from that company so by the time I called Raindrop, we were starting to panic as we were getting into the rainy season and up against a holiday. Kenny came out immediately and was very thorough with his assessment and explanations. Even with Thanksgiving interrupting the week, they still managed to get somebody out to help us that weekend and they were done with the work in all of about 30 minutes. Kenny followed up with me on the phone to explain everything they did, which included re-caulking both skylights. Excellent, excellent customer service and the cost was consistent with other estimates I'd seen to replace a skylight. We'll definitely use them again if and when we run into any other inevitable roof and/or skylight issues.

Description of Work
Replace Leaky Skylight

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 11/30/2019

09/29/2019

Mark T.

We are very happy with how this job went and the quality of the work. From bid to invoice, Sean was prompt and professional in all communications. The repair required that a section of shingles be removed so matching the new shingles to the existing shingles on the 8-year-old roof was a concern. The match is so close that it is nearly impossible to tell the new from the existing shingles. The shingle match, alignment of the new gable rafter with the existing gable rafter at the top, and paint job on the new wood gave us the quality results we were hoping for. We would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Repair extensive dry rot at one end of the gable rafter and fascia board where the two meet. The repair consisted of replacing the entire gable rafter and a section of the fascia board.

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

Review for Raindrop Roofing NW - 8305 SW Cirrus Drive, Beaverton, OR - 38140601

08/31/2019

Sergio A.

Sean made me a offer I could not refuse.

Description of Work
Re-roof a gazebo (two-layers roof of an octagonal pyramid, not straightforward).

Work Completed On 08/31/2019

08/22/2019

rrr R.

Raindrop could not have done a better job. They are very professional right from the initial bid phase to the completion of the project. The office staff is great to work with, they kept us informed of scheduling and changes. The Project Superintendent of our project, Tony touched bases repeatedly, and the work crews that did the job were incredibly conscientious and polite to residents as they went about their work. Their followup a week later to make sure they got all loose nails and debris removed is admirable. We highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
We had two of our complex's buildings roofs replaced

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

06/11/2019

Dave H.

Excellent experience. From the first call to the last minute Raindrop was a joy to work with. They gave a competitive bid, did a great job, and the even mailed a follow up (unsolicited) copy of their warranty. Who does that these days:-) It is so refreshing to actually do business with a company who wants to provide superior service and a competitive price. If they were a public company I would be buying stock because they know it's all about value. I won't look to call anyone else if I have roofing needs.

Description of Work
Replace porch roof

Work Completed On 06/11/2019

04/18/2019

Judy M.

These workers were so professional it was a joy having Antonio, Willie and Alejandro here. They came prepared with a trailer and their gear. They even had their own port-a-potty!! Clean cut, hard working, worked their butts off with smiles on their faces. These fellows worked from the time they got here until it was time to leave AND they cleaned up after themselves EACH DAY leaving the yard looking pristine. As bad as it was finding out I had a river running through my attic and a ceiling coming down in a bedroom due to this leak, necessitating a new roof (Raindrop DID NOT install the old roof!), I was actually sorry to see them go. I can't thank them enough. And the job looks great. Even the neighbors say so! And a thank you to Tony, the supervisor. He would stop by wanting to make sure the job was to my liking. Questions or concerns just call him. I really appreciated his customer service! And last, thank you to Mac from Hammer and Hand who recommended Raindrop in the first place. They were a wonderful company to do business with.

Description of Work
I needed a new roof.

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

Review for Raindrop Roofing NW - 8305 SW Cirrus Drive, Beaverton, OR - 37828584

03/08/2019

Meng Y.

I noticed some discoloration around the vents under the roof, and Kenny came over for an estimate. He was courteous and professional. He gave me his honest opinion and said that the discoloration was small and limited and it wasn't necessary to do anything to ventilation until it's time to replace the roof. I don't need to have roof work done now, but when I do, Kenny and Raindrop Roofing will be on the top of my list.

Description of Work
Roof ventilation

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

03/06/2019

christopher D.

Estimating, communication with office staff and job supervisors, excellent tradespeople, quality workmanship. Cleaned up every day. They did a great job. Even in the snow.

Description of Work
tear off and re-roof

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

01/31/2019

Kathy H.

They were responsive, friendly and easy to work with .

Description of Work
I had damage to the roof from a wind storm

Work Completed On 01/25/2019

10/04/2018

Ron B.

Raindrop found and showed me dryrot in the siding around the balcony and leaks and cracks in the slate flooring on the deck which was leaking through to the soffit below. We replaced all bad wood and used their new Deck Tech flooring material. The Vice-President of Raindrop Roofing NW and their lead estimator personally reviewed the proposed solution and made adjustments to make the outcome absolutely perfect. In only 2 days these men transformed a leaky balcony deck into a beautiful, superclean balcony.

Description of Work
Had a leaky balcony deck that needed to be replaced with new siding and flooring

Category decks

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

Review for Raindrop Roofing NW - 8305 SW Cirrus Drive, Beaverton, OR - 37449384

10/01/2018

Mark O.

Long story short, hire Raindrop Roofing NW if you have a roofing job you need done right, consistent with manufacturer’s instructions. By contrast: the outfit that replaced the roof on our Dutch Colonial for the previous owners cut corners on the steep mansard slopes. As a result, the new roof which should have lasted 25 years, started failing in three. (I’ve been repairing drooping shingles ever since and have had to learn more about roofing than I ever envisioned or desired.) A few years back we hired a local company with an Angie’s List A-rating to re-shingle the problem slopes, but we had to let them go when we caught them taking the same shortcuts that caused the first roof to fail. Their excuse: the manufacturer’s instructions were excessive. (Yet these were the same instructions they had previously agreed to follow.) It’s worth noting that roofing product warranties are almost always dependent on installation consistent with manufacturer’s instructions. Nonetheless, it took several years to find another company that would agree in writing to do so at an uninflated price. Given the above experiences, we worked closely with Raindrop and watched their work with an eagle eye. They did everything we asked for and beyond! This included making extensive improvements to the roof’s ventilation, especially in the steep mansard regions. Further, the Taylor Metal standing-seam system they applied to the garage and patio looks and functions great. Their final price was consistent with their estimate, and right where it should have been given the size of our house and the materials requested. (Unlike many of their competitors, Raindrop doesn’t gouge the homeowner for requesting standing-seam metal in addition to composite roofing.) Bottom line: next time you’re walking down a street in Portland, look for the abundant tell-tale signs of roof repairs – visible patches of replacement shingles. It’s perhaps not surprising that in this sustained building boom, quality installation at a fair price is hard to come by. I'm happy to report Raindrop is the welcome exception.

Description of Work
Tear-off and re-roof house and garage

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

07/24/2018

Caryn L.

Raindrop Roofing and Top Line did a wonderful job re-roofing my home. Even the Chimney contractor commented on the high quality of their work. There pricing was very competitive. They were responsive, courteous and professional. I would highly recommend them and would hire them again. The operations staff was very helpful and responsive to all my questions in a very timely manner.

Description of Work
New Roof on home

Work Completed On 07/13/2018

07/20/2018

AC H.

Could not have been better. I wrote the following review on our local Nextdoor Hillsdale site and I'll copy it here. A couple of months ago we were planning to get a new tear-off roof. I put out a request on this site for positive recommendations or negative warnings about roofers and got mostly the former, a few of the latter. Any company that got two or more positive mentions I put on my list of potential providers plus I added another name recommended by a friend. I interviewed all of them, and whittled it down to one clear stand-out, both in knowledge about the work specifics and also about city regs (one of which only he among the contractors seemed to know or at least mention; I checked with the city and he was right). We scheduled the job for sometime in the second week of July and that was when they came; today they left. The company agent who gave the bid? Kenny Courtney. The company? Raindrop. And I had a crew of 3, led by Antonio, about whom I cannot say enough good things. Whereas I have always placed getting a new tear-off roof in the category of having to get a root canal (wish I did not need one), the bottom line is that the roofing job they did could not have gone more smoothly or look better. Crew was a great group of polite guys, who worked their butts off in the days of the 90 degree temps we just had; they cleaned up every day so it appeared as if they had not been here (save for their obvious need for leaving the large equipment and dumpster); some neighbors have already commented the new roof looks beautiful. Anyone can have any level of satisfaction with a contractor and I know sometimes things can go wrong even with the best; but all I can say from my experience is this: If you need a roof job, at least give them a call and decide for yourself against the competition.

Description of Work
tear off roof

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

Review for Raindrop Roofing NW - 8305 SW Cirrus Drive, Beaverton, OR - 37252856

07/03/2018

JOHN T.

Raindrop was chosen despite submitting a higher bid because the thoroughness of the estimator took into account needs that would have to be met (new plywood over the whole roof) which other bidders buried in parenthetical if clauses without costs to be expected from them. Work on the roof itself was done efficiently and at a high level of quality throughout. The one problem was inadequate protection of some surrounding plant life resulting in some damage, which was the sole reason for the Professionalism grade being lowered from A to B; management was highly professional and except for the unnecessary problem with the plants, so was the crew . The failure was freely acknowledged by supervisor and owner upon inspection, apologized for, corrected, and compensated for in a fair manner. Their response contributed to the A rating and willingness to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
replacing entire roof on a Victorian-era house

Work Completed On 07/03/2018

06/30/2018

Deanna S.

Antonio and his crew did a fantastic job. They were always professional and very personable. It was obvious they love their jobs and were a cohesive team. I would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
I had my 20-year-old roof replaced.

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

06/28/2018

Nicole L.

They were not the lowest of all my estimates, but they were not the most expensive either. They were incredibly easy to work with, very professional, left my yard clean of debris, and were incredibly efficient replacing my roof. I had a complete tear-off for my roof and the entire job was completed in 2 days. So many workers were there to ensure that it was done quickly and also done very well. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
new roof and gutters

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

06/18/2018

Luigi B.

I learned about Raindrop Roofing NW when my neighbor across the street recommended them to us. He is a retired contractor, so I trust him. He shared with us that these guys were good, professional and they are local. He also urged us to get at least 3 or 4 bids before hiring them, because it’s always good to have a base for comparison. The sales rep that came over, Lee, is a pleasant guy. He took a look at the attic, measured the important things and got back to me with a quote within a few days. He also followed up a week later to see if I had made a decision, but I didn't feel any pressure in him inquiring. All in all Raindrop Roofing NW seemed to be the best quote, as they were also taking care of a few new skylights we wanted to install. Between the time we paid our deposit and the time they started the job, we had an electrician perform some electrical work in the attic and he noticed that the central section of the roof was missing trusses, hence there was a little bit of sagging. It was almost as if the previous owners had started some work in the attic and never completed it. We reported the issue and asked that the missing trusses would be installed prior to the beginning of the job. Despite an initial lack of communication on this aspect, which caused a couple of days of delay, the crew on their first day installed all the missing trusses and then started to work on the roof. These guys are hard working and professional - and I might add fast, when rain allows. They removed the old layer of roof, replaced a few rotten sheets and started installing the new charcoal compositional shingles with a vent ridge system. Due to inclement weather, they couldn't complete their job in a week, but I have no doubt that these guys can stay on schedule weather permitting. When the work was completed, a friend who is understands structural engineering took a look at the attic and commented that, despite the new trusses, the roof still needed support in the central section. I communicated this to Kenny Courtney, the Vice-President of the company. A few words about Kenny: if there are golden professional and behavioral standards for any company representative, Kenny Courtney embodies all of them. He took his time to drive in person to our home, take a look at the attic and offer us a free consultation from one of his business associates who specializes in structural improvements. His words were: “if my guy thinks that more needs to be done to make this safe, we will take care of it and it will be on us”. He gained all of my trust and respect for offering that. The contractor specializing in structural work showed up at our door a few days later and upon inspecting the roof, he also agreed that, in order for the roof to be structurally sound in the middle of a heavy snow storm, a 14 feet beam needed to added in the middle section. Kenny took the recommendation from his associate and reached out to me to schedule his crew to come over and install the beam at no additional cost to us. He also managed to have the beam dropped down from the roof, without having to go through the house. I came home and it was all done. This is what I call going above and beyond for your customers and, being a business owner myself, I know that this is the only real competitive advantage you have in any industry, other than hard work and integrity. I feel this company, and Kenny in particular, have showed to possess all these three qualities. I would hire them again and I would recommend them highly to anyone who wants a beautiful, solid roof over their heads.

Description of Work
Re-roofing a old craftsman from 1912

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

06/14/2018

Jeffrey K.

It went well although a few problems. The workers did not protect plants close to the house even though their literature said they would. Also there was debris left on the roof after completion including a tape measure. It took them two weeks to get someone back to clear the debris.

Description of Work
teardown of existing roof and re-roofing

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

06/12/2018

Katherine S.

We solicited three bids, all of which came in similarly priced. Sean's plan for the reroofing was by far the best, so we selected Raindrop. Our experience with the Raindrop staff continued to be excellent. Communication regarding scheduling was always prompt, clear, and helpful. In the end, for other reasons, we did not have the roof replaced. In that too, the Raindrop staff was very understanding and helpful. I have every confidence they would have done an excellent job.

Description of Work
We needed a double-tear on our somewhat complicated roof, with the bottom level being cedar shingles.

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

05/25/2018

Chad W.

I thought RainDrop did a great job with our roofing project. They communicated well and the work performed was done in a reasonable amount of time. The only room for improvement is to pickup remaining materials faster and to schedule the pickup of the porta potty right after the job was done. It took 5 days after the project was completed to get those items removed from my property.

Description of Work
New Roof On My House

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

05/11/2018

Scott E.

From start to finish our experience with Raindrop met or exceeded all our expectations. Our old shake roof needed to be replaced. My wife and I got quotes from 3 roofing companies. One never met directly with us. They contacted us only through email and their estimator came by the home when we weren't there. Another met with us, but spent the entire visit promoting his company, and never went up on the roof, telling us that he would just have an aerial photo taken. The experience with Raindrop was totally different. We were contacted by them and we were given a scheduled time for their estimator to meet with us at the home. Sean Franklin arrived on time and spent approximately an hour with us walking around the house and explaining the process, identifying the job tasks, showing us samples of various shingles, and answering all of our questions. Then he went up onto the roof to inspect it and calculate the materials needed for the job. Of the 3 quotes we received, Raindrop was very competitive and we decided we wanted them to do the job. We requested that the work be performed by one of their in-house crews rather than subcontracted out. We had to wait about 3 weeks for the job to start due a combination of bad weather and availability of a crew. Once the weather broke, Omar's crew arrived to start the job. This crew was great! Everyone was friendly, pleasant, professional, and would always answer our questions. They cleaned up the site daily. There was NEVER a mess left behind. The crew's workmanship was excellent. Our new roof looks great and we feel confident that it was installed by some of the best roofers out there. We are also very confident that if there is ever a problem with the materials or installation, Raindrop will be back to take care of the problem without issue. All the Raindrop employees we dealt with from the office staff to the roofing crew were very professional and personable. This was one of the best experiences we have ever had with a contractor and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Entire re-roof. Tear off old shake roof and replace with high quality composition shingles.

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

04/12/2018

susan Z.

Everything about this company is AMAZING, from the initial consultation to the final inspection. We interviewed 3 different roofing companies and Raindrop Roofing Northwest provided the most organized & coherent information. No lengthy powerpoint-ish presentation, thankfully. Lee went up onto the roof to inspect & measure. Answered all questions. Gave us an estimate, and couple of day's later we got the formal estimate detailing everything....nails, flashing, underlayment. Also a list of "who's who"