Phil's Fireplace

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2013

16255 SW Rosa Rd

Beaverton, OR 97007

We are a local company serving the Portland metropolitan area. We have over 14 years of experience of servicing natural gas fireplaces. We realize that today's life is often hectic, thus we offer flexible scheduling to minimize the intrusion of your time. We will service your fireplace within

01/29/2021

Raj J.

Exchanged messages for a quote, he asked for pictures of the underside workings of the fireplace which I took and sent. And then never heard back. Grading on communication and customer experience. No work was actually done obviously. But thanks to his lack of communication I was able to do business with excellent fireplace company - Refiners - they are so good they don't even charge you if they can't fix it.

Description of Work
Fireplace repair - pilot light

Category chimney sweep

12/08/2020

Zachary J.

Super efficient and super nice, on time and good value. Glad to have our fireplace back!

Description of Work
Fireplace wouldn't stay lit

11/23/2020

CAROL B.

Phil and his assistant came on time, wore masks, socially distanced, did the work quickly and well, charged a reasonable fee, and left. And they were nice guys to boot!

Description of Work
I couldn't get the pilot to light on our gas fireplace, and the glass needed cleaning.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs, gas leak repair

02/15/2020

chetan S.

The natural gas openings in the fireplace were clogged up.phil and co did a full cleanup and maintenance and also spray painted the fireplace walls to prevent corrosion issues in future.tge maintenance was all done within an hour.phil pulled in the appointment on short notice to accommodate my schedule.They were very prompt and professional and left the place clean after the task.

Description of Work
Fireplace troubleshooting

01/19/2019

Todd F.

Initially, Phil said the right things to earn my business. All As on Angie’s List, local business, etc. He said he guarantees his work for a year. After a few days we wanted to adjust the flame, so I called with no response. Then the pilot light started going out every day or two. I would re-light it. But called again and left voice messages. No response. Finally, the pilot light went out and I can’t get it back on. Again, I called, no response. This business is NOT reliable, performs shoddy work and doesn’t return calls. Please do not use them.

Description of Work
Clean gas fireplace, fix pilot light, arrange fire logs properly. Do safety check.

Category window cleaning, fireplaces, gas logs

12/21/2018

Margaret B.

Wow. Amazing in every respect. Nice workers, polite, friendly, professional, quick, patient with my many questions. Gave excellent maintenance and use advice. Cleaned and repainted the unit after repairing it, and left it looking brand new. My husband was in the shower and didn’t hear their doorbell for their first visit and they accepted our sincere apologies and rescheduled without hesitation, even though it must have been a huge inconvenience. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Our bedroom gas log fireplace stopped lighting.

12/08/2018

Robin H.

Phil just serviced my fireplace and he is AWESOME! A really nice guy and did a great job! I priced around and he is about $100 cheaper than the other bid. He also coated my fireplace so it won't rust, plus he guarantees his work for 1 year! I HIGHLY recommend him and will definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Maintenance/repair

09/12/2018

CAROLYN M.

He is extremely tidy, very nice and I will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They clean and repaired my fireplace.

02/16/2018

Craig S.

Benchmark professionalism! Called and spoke to Phil. Very polite. Asked pertinent questions and suggested I send him a photo of my fireplace so he could guarantee he brought out the right equipment and parts. He arrived on time and fixed the problem in minutes. Explained what was wrong and what he was going to do. He cleaned everything and gave me a few insightful tips that I will pass onto the new owner.

Description of Work
Home Pre-inspection found the gas fire to be inoperable.

12/18/2017

Susan R.

outstanding! Phil not only did a fantastic job cleaning the fireplace like it had never been cleaned, he explained everything he did & put some sort of powder on logs which produced wood burning effect. Will use again & highly recommend!!!!

Description of Work
re-light gas fireplace pilot light cleaning fireplace

12/02/2017

Harold D.

Great! I called Phil for a second opinion, and thank goodness I did. After calling me, Phil showed up early, fixed, cleaned and repainted the fireplace (inside) for under $200 and out the door in about an hour. Phil is also very personable and a pleasure to work with. He will be my "go to" guy for anything fireplace from now on.

Description of Work
Gas Fireplace pilot light would not stay lit during the lighting sequence.

11/07/2017

Paul J.

Repair went as planned. New fan element was needed and burners cleaned. Automatic fan sensors needed cleaning/replacement. All completed on time with charge only for one visit though two visits were required. First visit identified the problem as needing parts. Second was actual work. Very conscientious. Small operator. Seemed to take his work very personally, Worked efficiently but didn't rush. No un-needed work performed. No nickle-dime charges. Fair price.

Description of Work
repair fireplace inserts

11/07/2017

JORY O.

Since the fireplace is the only source of heat for the ADU in the basement of my house, Phil fit me in on a Saturday morning the day after I called. He was the ONLY fireplace repair outfit that made the extra effort. Everybody else wanted my renter to wait two or more weeks to get heat. Phil and his assistant showed up on time. They cleaned the thermopile and shortened the thermostat wires. They got the heat back on. They gave me a one year warranty on the service. They cleaned the glass and tested for gas leaks as part of the service. They were very neat and tidy.

Description of Work
The burner in the Majestic DV360 furnace-rated gas fireplace with Honeywell VS8421 gas valve would not come on when the thermostat called for heat. The pilot was on, but the burner would not come on.

09/28/2017

Srinath D.

The work was completed to my satisfaction. Cleaned up the fireplace, painted it and replaced the non functioning gas valve.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace was not working

07/23/2017

John H.

Our gas fireplace had not worked for 17 years. We've had specialists come by and try to fix it... but, the fire would only stay lit for 30 minutes or so. Phil came and got it working and looking great, but, again the fire went out 10 minutes after he left. As soon as I called, he turned around and came back. Spent another hour tightening and cleaning lines. We then tested the fire and it stayed lit all evening. Thanks Phil!!

Description of Work
Gas fireplace would not stay lit.

04/13/2017

Tammy P.

Very well. Phil is very knowledgeable and thorough. My fireplace works better than it did when it was new. He brought an assistant who helped to explain the issues and repairs. He very carefully arranged special "lint" over the gas jets to look like burning embers--he was an artist!

Description of Work
Gas fireplace ignition fixed and all parts cleaned.

02/20/2017

Glenna R.

Easy to schedule. Very helpful with answering questions, such as explaining what I can do to turn it on and off. Told me their work is guaranteed and to call if I had any further questions or issues.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance of gas fireplace.

02/13/2017

Owen E.

Phil came out and was awesome. Informed us that it could indeed be fixed (when others told us it required replacement). He was able to fix it but told us he would have to come back out at a future time when a new part (high limit switch) came in. Within a couple of days we had some incredible soot build up and couldn't even see in it anymore. We gave him a call and he came back out and fixed that and told us to call him if it happened again and he would still call us when the high limit switch came in. A couple of days later the pilot light turned off. We didn't want to be annoying so we waited a few days and then called and left him a message saying what happened but that we don't want him to add an additional trip and just to call when the switch comes in and hopefully do both at once. He never returned this call. We waited 3 weeks (now about 5 weeks from original repair) and tried again, leaving him another voicemail. Never heard anything back. It's now been about 10 weeks since the original repair and our pilot light is still out and we still don't have a high limit switch installed. Worse though we haven't heard anything back from him. He and his partner were super great while they were at our house, explained everything and were incredibly friendly. But have to give an F rating because he's completely disappeared since then. Not sure what happened.

Description of Work
We needed to have our fireplace fixed or replaced.

02/01/2017

Paul L.

Phil was professional, knowledgeable and true honest person. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace was serviced. Blower installed

01/27/2017

Michael D.

Phil and his assistant had to return a second time after the first adjustment didn't solve the problem but he was happy to come back, very pleasant and professional and eager to be sure I was satisfied with the work. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace accumulating soot on glass.

01/24/2017

Randolph H.

Phil was great. He explained everything as he went along. He went far beyond getting the fireplace to work again by repainting and adding ember appearing material. He showed us how to make adjustments, gave us advice on proper use, and answered all our questions honestly and with our satisfaction in mind. He took his time to do the job right. He cleaned up perfectly after the job. Phil did much more than our prior fireplace service company at considerably less than half the cost. We wholeheartedly recommend Phil for value, workmanship and exemplary customer service.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace wouldn't light.

01/11/2017

Michael W.

Cleaned out everything, made sure everything was working properly, added new rockwool, and even spray painted the back of the cabinet. Looks like new. 1 year warranty.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace not working properly.

01/02/2017

Leslie S.

Excellent as he really knew what he was doing. He made sure it was put back exactly as it was, by taking a picture of how the gas logs were placed, and he had put down a plastic cover over the carpet before he stated taking pieces out of the fireplace.

Description of Work
Cleaned and serviced my gas fireplace

12/27/2016

JEFFREY P.

Phil made the fireplace look new and refreshed. I was very pleased with his work. He made the embers look more realistic. Cleaned the glass. I would recommend using him.

Description of Work
Phil cleaned and serviced my 20-year old gas fireplace. This is my second time using his company .

12/16/2016

Charles M.

Fantastic. Phil has a lot of experience and expertise in diagnosing the problem and getting it fixed. Worth every penny to make this gas appliance work safely and look aesthetically nice as well.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and fixed non-starting gas fireplace insert, replaced and tidied up the "glowing embers", adjusted the electric spark/gas mechanism to make it safer.