KOEBER'S FLOORING FURNITURE WINDOWS

Founded 1964 • With Angi since June 2005

6710 SW 111TH AVE

Beaverton, OR 97008

We are a full service flooring, furniture and window coverings store. Family owned and operated for 55 years. We sell a variety of flooring options including hardwood, carpet, marmoleum, cork, and laminate, and luxury vinyl tile. We also sell and install blinds and shutters. Our custom rug workroom

01/15/2019

ROBERT R.

We dealt with Koeber's in the past when replacing bathroom flooring and were very pleased. Based on our experience, we turned to them to replace our existing 1,000 square feet of laminate and tile downstairs flooring. The business is relatively small family owned and dealing with them feels that way - everyone was very helpful in helping us decide which type of flooring best met our needs. We did not price shop - based on reviews and our previous experience, we chose what we felt was the best option for our work. On the negative side, the installation queue was 8 weeks out - not a problem for us but might be an issue if you had to have it done tomorrow. The installation took 4 days and they were able to float the flooring material over our existing floor with no transition required - even though we used a different pattern in our kitchen area. The installers (John/Kevin) were extremely polite, moved all of our furniture, worked around our PC so it did not need to be disconnected, and were extremely tidy. We are quite pleased with the flooring and our dealings with Koeber's. Shopping around might get you a better price but our chief criterion was quality and dependability - and we were not disappointed.

Description of Work
Replace Downstairs Flooring

07/11/2018

JACK G.

Everything was good including selection of new carpet and installation. Koeber's is very easy to work with and does a great job.

Description of Work
Replace old carpeting throughout upstairs and on stairway

Category carpet installation

Hi [Member Name Removed]! We always enjoy working with you! Thank you for your kind review.

11/29/2017

Karla B.

They were great at helping me select carpet, they came out and measured ahead of time, and gave me a quote. I purchased during their customer appreciation day which gave me a little discount, and a free gift with purchase. The installers arrived on time, were very courteous, cleaned up well, and did a great job. All of their people were great to work with.

Description of Work
We have a large 820 sq. ft. family/rec room in our basement that needed new carpeting, along with the steps. It has a large TV, pool table, couches, treadmill, that needed to be moved during the install. They were the only carpet company that would agree to move the pool table, and I called about 4 others.

10/09/2017

Nanette K.

From start to finish, it was a wonderful experience! Georgie gave me excellent advice picking out an appropriate carpet, and patiently ordered sample after sample after sample without complaint. Chris K. gave me helpful tips and advice when he measured my house. The installation guys were the best! They’re employees of Koeber’s – Koeber’s doesn’t sub-contract out the installation. They did an excellent job, and were assiduous about making sure that the furniture was put back exactly the way I wanted it to be. They were on time, and cleaned everything up, and were personable and educated me about many aspects of carpet. You wanted go wrong with this company!

Description of Work
New wall-to-wall carpet installed throughout my house (except for kitchen and bath.)

09/01/2017

Carolyn B.

That was quite expensive. They were absolutely wonderful and they were in my house for like 2 weeks. They had to pull all the carpeting and then put all the wood down. Their pricing was good, we had gotten a lot of estimates. Their pricing was reasonable. The people are just wonderful to work with.

Description of Work
We had carpets replaced with hardwood floors throughout the house.

Category hardwood floor

08/28/2017

Joan S.

Great to work with Jill and Chris. Very professional, helped advise me on ways to get the quality and products I wanted. After installation worked with me to make sure the motorized and programmable portions worked as I wanted. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Installed 14 Hunter Douglas shades. Motorized, push-up and wand retraction systems as needed.

Category window treatments

08/24/2017

Jared S.

All went quite quite - very well done. Their knowledge, craftsmanship and professionalism are top-notch.

Description of Work
Six years ago Koeber's install new carpet in most of the house. Now we asked them to carpet the loft and the stairs leading to the loft. In addition we ordered window coverings for several windows.

Category carpet installation, window treatments

07/19/2017

DAVID S.

In addition to laying the new flooring, Koeber's had the unenviable task of matching the new wood to 14-year-old wood that already existed in the adjoining spaces. Jerry worked extremely hard to find a good match, and it paid off! (Of the four bids I received from flooring contractors, only Jerry found what I needed.) The installation crew from Koeber’s did a fantastic job and treated us well. Their attention to detail was amazing. I don't think we expected how much better the house would look, and we get that feeling every day that we set foot on their handiwork. Every guest who has been here has said the same thing. We are amazed at how seamless the transitions are from the new flooring to the old and how naturally the additions blend into the house. The experience, care and time that the crew put into the work really shows. Floors are a high consequence purchase, because if they go wrong, you will regret them with every step and every glance on a daily basis. Koeber’s made us comfortable from the beginning, earned our trust and delivered. It was obvious they knew their stuff. This project is what we hoped for, and every step and every glance gives us a great feeling.

Description of Work
Koeber’s Interiors recently replaced the carpet in three areas of our home with engineered hardwood flooring.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

07/11/2017

ERICA H.

...........................................................................

Description of Work
..............................................................................

Category carpet cleaners

06/21/2017

Natalie H.

Perfectly. I am so happy that I a friend referred me to Koeber's, could not have asked for a better experience.

Description of Work
New floors installed in Kitchen/Dining area and Entry way after an appliance leaked and caused water damage.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

01/24/2017

Wayne S.

Service was great! On time and performed the work that they said they would.

Description of Work
Flooring downstairs

Category hardwood floor

12/01/2016

Amy Q.

The staff at Koeber's was friendly and helpful in picking out the carpeting and tile. Installation was fast. Pricing was straightforward and all-in-one which was nice.

Description of Work
Carpeting in 4 bedrooms and hallway- and replacing carpet in master bathroom with luxury vinyl tile.

09/22/2016

Andrea E.

Sadly, I wanted to love Koeber's, a family business. We try to go local and now we regret it. Beware, these nice folks are not finishers. We had carpet replaced in our den and hallway after retiling a bath and hallway. After the Koebers install the tile and carpet did not meet and left the raw edge of the tile exposed and pretty ugly. We mentioned this to them and they said, "there is nothing we can do except install a metal strip..". Sure, a metal strip is just what we are after. We withheld 10% of the bill hoping they would help us think of a solution...Never heard from them again. So now, we will likely do what should have been done by them; put a thicker pad or 1/4 inch subfloor addition to make this problem disappear. Really disappointing, we have another 2,000 square feet of carpet to install and it will be with a competitor. We will post how that works out.

Description of Work
Carpeting in our family room and study.

Category carpet installation

Maintaining our high level of customer satisfaction is extremely important to us at Koeber’s. Unfortunately transition options are limited when there are multiple flooring heights in the home. Specifically, in this instance regarding two 3 foot tile transitions which was previously installed that posed a few issues. This was discussed upon estimation. We appreciate the many positive online reviews we have had from our great customers. If any customer would wish to learn more about this review, please call our store at 503-641-1901. One of the owners of Koeber’s will personally discuss this review in detail with you.

08/19/2016

MICHAEL B.

Koebers confirmed appointment ahead of time and arrived on time ready to go to work. Job went smoothly. Total job took two full days. Crew (Chris and Braydon) cleaned up all debris and left the house cleaner than when they arrived. This was the hardest working crew that I've ever had perform work had at the house. Friendly, helpful and professional. I recommend Koebers.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in 3 bedrooms, hall, stairs, living and dining rooms. Service included removal and disposal of old carpet as well as repair of two steps. Koeber's crew moved large furniture items.

07/08/2016

Tom O.

The work was done well with great attention to detail. From ordering through installation, the project was a complete success. Replacing old carpet and installing new wood flooring does create dust, but nothing exceptional and the installers made every attempt to minimize the dust and reduce the dislocation the project created.

Description of Work
The provider removed the old carpet, prepared the old carpeted area and installed new pre-finished wood flooring.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

So glad we were able to work with you again, it's always a pleasure! Thank you for the kind review!

05/10/2016

Richard G.

Kitchen vinyl was installed after discovering and removing - 5!! - previous layers of vinyl. This was unexpected, but caused no problems or complaints. I had removed my old dishwasher, intending to install a new one right after this work was done, so the crew left behind a sheet of 1/4" plywood for my use to avoid damaging the new vinyl when I installed my new dishwasher! How thoughtful! The new carpet install was done very quickly, and the crew carefully laid down replacement wood strip under my sliding closet doors and custom-cut the pad to fit it. Overall, all of the work was done professionally, on schedule, on budget. I would use Koeber's for all of my flooring needs in future.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen vinyl and replace all w/w carpet.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

You were such a pleasure to work with, thank you for reviewing us. Enjoy the new carpet and vinyl!

04/29/2016

Rodger C.

Seamless transaction from first visit to the showroom, sample selections, home measurement, install scheduling, to the final install by a team of professionals. Chris, Seth, and Bo were detail oriented, and it shows in their quality carpet installation. Jeannine, Jerry, Ashley, Jill, Georgie all provided top notch customer service. We so appreciate each and every one of you!

Description of Work
Move heavy items, remove and dispose old carpeting and pad. Installed new pad and carpeting, placed heavy items in original space.

03/29/2016

Billie M.

Great. They're the best. They have a great show room & Ashley is amazing in understanding what you want and somehow finding it in all the samples. Everyone from the estimators to installers are knowledgeable and extremely pleasant to work with. My floor is absolutely beautiful. I gave the price an A but frankly I don't know if it would have been the lowest bid, probably not. They carpeted my room upstairs and the stairs last year (which is also beautiful) and I had no desire for anyone else to do the downstairs. A lot of times the lowest bid doesn't get you quality. These people are about quality.

Description of Work
Installed marmoleum in hallway, hallway closet and bathroom

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for the wonderful review! We loved working with you again. Enjoy the new floor!

01/17/2016

Debra L.

Very pleased with the service, installation, on time and courteous experience. Did the little things. Lived up to their many years of family owned and repeat customer service. I will use them again and have already recommended them to others..

Description of Work
Installed carpet in two bedrooms, walk in closets, 3 landings, 3 flights of stairs, installed vinyl in two bathrooms.

01/11/2016

Jameel K.

The installers came on time. They moved the furniture carefully and cleaned up very well before they left. They did a great job overall.

Description of Work
Installled Laminate flooring in living area.

12/31/2015

Susan R.

Originally they were scheduled to do the main living area and hall with bedrooms later in January. They called the week before to say they could come a day early and would be able before Christmas to do the entire job. This was excellent news and I especially appreciated it.

Description of Work
Removed filthy disgusting carpet in lower level of house I purchased. They removed and recycled the carpet and pad. They installed LVT flooring which is beautiful. They gave recommendations on the floor board trim and quarter round and replaced that which was old and no longer useable.

12/13/2015

Barbara S.

I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that they would travel to my home in Kalama. The appointment was scheduled at a convenient time and Jerry arrived on time. He brought several samples with him. He worked quickly and efficiently and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I received a written estimate within 24 hours of the appointment. The estimate was a little more than expected, but I am still considering this company because of their admirable work ethic and honesty. We have not yet recarpeted but I will strongly consider Koeber's when we do.

Description of Work
I called Koeber's to ask for an estimate on recarpeting my entire 3400 sq ft house.

12/08/2015

Cynthia S.

Overall everything went well and was well done. My only complaint is that the work to shim up the floor was not done to my total satisfaction. I felt that more communication should have been done before the work was completed.

Description of Work
Removed old carpet and installed 8# pad with new carpet for entire upstairs. Also screwed down floors upstairs to prevent squeaks and shimmed up floor in one room to offset slope of floor before carpet was installed.

06/30/2015

Mary M.

Great experience, beginning to end. First of all, I chose this company because of great reviews here and elsewhere. I also like that it is a local, family owned business who uses employees to install their flooring. My shopping experience was relaxed, no high pressure tactics. I had a pretty good idea of what I needed. Something durable, pet resistant, stain resistant, short pile, neutral color. The samples that were shown to me were all reasonable, any of them would have worked. There was no pressure to move to more expensive brands. No pressure to buy right away. Jerry came out to measure our rooms. He is one of the owners. He is very nice, easy going, and knowledgeable. He took all the pertinent measurements and answered our questions. No pressure from him either. He explained what we would need to do to prepare for the install. He emailed the estimate and the preparation the same day. The installation went very smoothly. The installers, Chris and Seth, showed up exactly on time. They were very congenial, hardworking, expert and meticulous. They were careful with our furniture and had no problem moving our heavy dressers and bed. They used padding to protect the wood floors outside the rooms being carpeted. They cleaned up everything when they were finished. I couldn't ask for a better experience. We had put off getting the carpet replaced because of the furniture moving. That turned out to be a no big deal. Yes, it was a lot of work to move books and computers, but we had everything back in its place before dinner time. Total installation time was about 7 hours.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in large master suite and another bedroom. Includes two walk in closets and bathroom vanity area.

Category carpet installation, countertops, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

We all enjoyed working with you! Thank you for the positive review.

06/29/2015

JUDY T.

Loved: - their 2-man crew they got me after I told them I would use another vendor for the install, since they were so busy. Great hispanic guys who worked VERY hard and did a REALLY good job. Finished the whole thing in 2 days. I recommended they get a special bonus. - carpet quality is good, especially together with the deluxe Stainmaster underlay Did not love: - initial install date they told me - 5 weeks out! I needed to get my family moved in! - only after I complained and told them I had other guys who could do the install did they think about trying to bring in some extra people to help - the fact that somebody forgot that I had ordered and paid for the deluxe Stainmaster underlay. Instead, as they were bringing in the cheap underlay, I noticed it and called the manager. She then called the warehouse and they sent someone over to deliver the Stainmaster. If I had not been there and watching everything, they would have installed the entire 2700 sq. ft. using the cheap underlay! That did not feel good.

Description of Work
New carpets upstairs and downstairs - about 2700 sq ft.