Hot Spot Fireplace and BBQ Shop

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2006

11525 SW Canyon Rd

Beaverton, OR 97005

Welcome to Hot Spot Fireplace & BBQ Shop. We are your stove, fireplace and BBQ experts. Come visit our showroom, and you'll see one of the largest selections in the city. Take time to visit our virtual showroom. If you have any questions, e-mail us or give us a call.

12/09/2017

ALAN C.

Steve was very honest that we probably would not want to buy a new unit! For the reasons mentioned above. He suggested going on line to buy a new blower fan for the insert which would be quieter than the 40 year old one we have now. I would highly recommend Steve. His honesty and customer service was top notch, so rare today and much appreciated!!!!

Description of Work
My wife and I were looking to replace a 40 year old fireplace insert. Went to Hot Spot and met the owner Steve who walked me thru the many options he had on his showroom floor. We set up an appointment for him to come to our house to do an on site inspection to see what our options would be. Steve was on time and very professional. He took some measurements and showed us why installing a new inset would be a problem because we have some lava rock that sticks out. He also explained that with the new inserts and our small living room the new insert would be a much more powerful and throw a lot more heat. It would make our living room way too hot. He said if it were him he would not put in a new insert!

11/30/2017

DANIEL H.

Excellent. Arrived on schedule, very professional, cleaned everything up.

Description of Work
Serviced gas heater stove for first time in several years. Disassembled most of the stove, replaced noisy fan motor, vacuumed it out, replaced glow chips (?), cleaned glass, and adjusted pilot light. Stove looks like new.

04/10/2017

Jean S.

We love our new gas fireplace! The company was great to work with and the quality of their product is excellent

Description of Work
We had a gas fireplace insert installed

10/13/2014

Diana W.

They have repaired a couple of my gas fireplace blower/motors in the past. They are not cheap, but they do have a good guy that comes out. If I am going to have to pay a premium I would rather have them do it right and be clean, correct and safe about it. I want them to point out potential hazards. They are a good company and I don't have anything negative about them. They may use an independent contractor to do the actual repair, but they are very prompt on getting back with me to schedule an appointment. He fixed a fireplace downstairs for me earlier in the summer and now it works great. There is no billing and I pay for the services at the time they are rendered. I have not found any complaints thus far. They fixed the problem pretty quickly; it wasn't like they came out and had to order a part.

Description of Work
I am using Hot Spot Fireplace to repair the motor on my gas fireplace.

10/01/2014

Shirley B.

Description of Work
They installed a fireplace insert. The service was very good and the product works great.

Category appliance sales

09/04/2014

John M.

Description of Work
I talked to Richard in the store. He demonstrated a high level knowledge and answered all questions I had. There was no pressure to buy. The installation went well and I have been pleased with my purchase. I have bought other products related to the fireplace insert since then and have always been pleased with the products and service. I will use and recommend Hot Spot in the future.

Category appliance sales

12/19/2012

Mimi K.

The repair job was very simple and he was helpful.

Description of Work
I called to inquire about a service call to repair my gas grill. I was given the name and phone number of a repair person who makes housecalls. He came to my home and made the repair. I would not have found him without the referral from Hot Spot.

Category gas grill repair, appliance sales

01/22/2012

Terry W.

After shopping at well known gas appliance dealers on the East side of Portland, we found the staff at Hot Spot Fireplace to be more knowledgable, more available to demonstrate products, more informed to answer questions, to discuss our specific installation and to be more price competitive. As a retired business owner, I recognize that customer service is a very important element for long term success. Customer satisfaction, client recommendations and repeat business are critical needs in today's economic climate. While many companies fail at post sale service, others sometimes do not fully take advantage of opportunities to demonstrate core value customer commitment. Hot Spot Fireplace gave us 100% support in working through a few minor manufacturer issues with our appliance. Through no fault of Hot Spot Fireplace, we had a minor problem to correct with our new appliance and Hot Spot was on the spot ready to resolve our concerns. Unfortunately, as a direct result of product design, more attention was required to fully achieve what we expected from the expensive high end appliance we purchased. From our initial contact with Hot Spot Fireplace, through the purchase, installation and post sale follow up process, we were provided with complete confidence that all of our issues would be corrected - and they were. Hot Spot Fireplace promptly ordered parts and made multiple visits to our home to insure our total satisfaction. They delivered big time on post sale customer satisfaction. I would not hesitate to recommend anyone looking for fireplace accessories equipment and accessories to visit Hot Spot Fireplace.

Description of Work
Purchased a LOPI 34DVL Gas Fireplace Insert. Unit was picked up and delivered by our contracted installer.

Category fireplaces, appliance sales

10/08/2008

James C.

Well, with the price of heating oil only going up as far as I can tell, we needed an alternative heat source. Our fireplace was mainly for 'decorative' fires as very little heat seemed to escape it. We chose the Lopi Freedom Bay (with fan) as it fit our existing hearth. Our chimney needed to be relined being as old as it was (and too big, for that matter). Steve took the time to explain the whole thing, including the chimney relining. No pressure, just the facts. It took about a week after ordering the insert for the installation to happen, which went very smoothly. It has been doing a great job of heating the house (2200 sq. ft.) and we look forward to a warmer winter at half the price of last year's cost of oil. I expect the insert to pay for itself in just two seasons. Pretty good rate of return. Also, I received $300 for buying/installing in the off season.

Description of Work
Installation of a Lopi Freedom Bay fireplace insert and relining of the chimney.

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

08/28/2008

ANDY J.

It went well. The people with whom I spoke and dealt with from both Hot Spot and Petra were punctual, professional, and got their jobs done.

Description of Work
I purchased a wood burning stove from Hot Spot. They subcontracted out the actual installation to Petra.

10/27/2006

RICH G.

They were very professional. The technician had to reorder a part because the measurement was off but it turned out well.

Description of Work
Purchased and installed fireplace screen.

10/08/2006

MICHAEL B.

Store personnel were the most knowledgeable of the three vendors I contacted for bids. Installation crew was friendly and efficient, and knew what they were doing. They were able to run the gas line into the firebox without going through the foundation.

Description of Work
Installed and hooked up Valor brand gas fireplace insert into existing wood burning brick fireplace.

Category gas logs

Euro Masonry LLC

Euro Masonry LLC is a company backed by 10+ years experience. We offer competitive rates and have very excellent references with very satisfied customers. Free estimates. Our work is always high quality, clean, and done in a timely manner. Additional contact name - Kiana Karlovic. Award winning. Additional phone number - (503) 333-0133.

Mr. Handyman of Lake Oswego and Tigard

Mr. Handyman is a licensed general contractor that specializes in the smaller handyman type repairs, drywall, bathroom remodeling, doors and windows, assembly and installations, light electrical and plumbing, bathroom remodeling, and a variety of other tasks. Our service technicians arrive in clearly marked Mr. Handyman vans and in uniform with a variety of tools and supplies for the job. We treat you and your home with respect and clean up when we are finished. Mr. Handyman technicians are experienced with a broad skill set, so please do not hesitate to ask for help with any repair, maintenance or improvement project. Office is closed on Saturday and Sunday, however, we are available for Saturday work.

Chimney Sweep Specialist

Chimney Sweep Specialist offers these professional services: Chimney and Fireplace Cleaning, Masonry Repair, Air Duct Cleaning & Dryer Vent Cleaning. We specialize in serving Residential Customers living in the Portland, Oregon metro. We have been providing excellent customer service for over 10 years. Our company also sells Chimney Caps in Stainless Steel or Copper, in standard or custom sizes. Please call us today to let us help with your needs.

Offers Coupon