Anctil Plumbing Inc

With Angi since June 2005

16900 SW Merlo Rd

Beaverton, OR 97006

Anctil Plumbing Inc is a family owned and operated company. We have been in business since 1975 and provide excellent services and products to each client. Our technicians participate in continuing education and training courses to ensure that we are offering the highest level of expertise. We

Mary F.
11/27/2018
We had Anctil Plumbing replace the hose bib faucet pipe in the front of our house. According to plumber we know, should have been about 15 minutes at most even if problematic. The Anctil plumber kept dragging it on, not able to get the pipe to supposedly screwed into the old pipe in the wall properly. I finally called a plumber we know and asked them what to do to get him to finish. I was instructed get down and shine a flash light in the hole to see where the pipe is and once I did that, well then all of a sudden MIRACULOUSLY the plumber had no trouble screwing the new pipe into the old pipe in the wall after fooling around with it for 40 minutes. The next item, installing the shut off valve in the basement ceiling, wide open area, no wall, nothing in the way, reach up, cut, install and he was done with that in about 5 minutes as he should have been. We were billed for an hour and a half, even though the plumber was not here that long and we were told it would be done in an hour prior to having them out. We will never use them again and will not recommend them.
Description of Work
Hose bib faucet/pipe
CAROL W.
04/09/2018
After having a great experience and writing a terrific previous review, my next experience has been abysmal. After servicing my toilet and replacing a defective flush mechanism, the toilet had an intermittent problem. About every 3rd flush, the mechanism would stick open allowing the water to run endlessly. 4 Calls to Anctil and 4 promises of "we are sending the plumber who did your job back to investigate" no one ever came. Not only did it worsen during this time, but I was also notified by the water dept. of increased usage. My water bill was more than double. I explained this to anctil on my last call and still no response. I will never use them again for my older house and I suggest you do not either,
Description of Work
Failed toilet repair; failed response to correct
Tim C.
08/15/2017
Work was done the same day we called, clean and professionally.
Description of Work
Water heater replacement
CAROL W.
07/11/2017
I have an old house and it is consistently difficult to get service professionals who have the skill, experience and desire to work on old plumbing. Anctil is great; they do not try to oversell or push replacing old with new. They are knowledgeable and share valuable perspective that allows me to make an informed decision that also preserves the integrity of my old house. Bill is great with scheduling and communicating; Paul was my most recent plumber who was great to work with. I recommend Anctil without reservation.
Description of Work
Assessment and repair on a 80+ year old toilet
tom R.
02/07/2017
Great! They responded quickly, even though they were probably booked solid. The plumber was excellent, and knew what was necessary.
Description of Work
Emergency sump pump problem, during the height of the heavy snow.
George V.
01/10/2017
Anctil's service was amazingly quick, expert, and reasonable in cost. A plumber was at my door within 90 minutes of my call. The fix required an hour or less to cut off water, trim out bad piping, and install new. The plumber gave me several tips for protecting this particularly exposed piece of piping in the future.
Description of Work
During the recent cold spell, pipe in the garage leading to a hose bib froze. This morning, as things thawed, the pipe burst.
Harvalee H.
01/17/2016
Anctil Plumbing did a great job for us. We discovered one evening that our water heater wasn't working. It was 20 years old. We called several plumbers none of whom were available until the following week. A couple of plumbers couldn't tell us until a few hours later whether or not they could come out to our home that day. When I called Anctil, they were courteous and prompt in their responses. They were able to schedule time that afternoon giving us a 30 min window of arrival time which was great. We received another call from Anctil giving us the name of the person who would be arriving. We received a call from the repair person letting us know that he was on his way and he arrived on time. He did a great job of installing a new heater and removing the old one. When we asked, he also showed us how to turn on the pilot light should we ever need to do it on our own. We appreciated their great level of communication and how courteous, professional, and prompt they were. The water heater also works great. We would not hesitate in highly recommending them to others.
Description of Work
Installed a new gas water heater and removed the old one.
CAROL F.
06/11/2015
The plumber was in and out with no trouble. Very professional and very responsive.
Description of Work
Unplugged toilet
plumbing, drain cleaning
Howard F.
05/08/2015
Had a major water leak in waterline in crawl space, requiring us to shut off water. Called Kennedy Plumbing, but they could not come out for several days. They recommended Anctil. I am very happy I called them. Duke came out the next morning. He was prompt, professional, and a very nice person. Did a great job fixing the broken pipe. Will definitely use them again.
Description of Work
Fixed a break in waterline..
ROBERT K.
03/10/2015
Could not have asked for better service or workmanship. All done quickly and very well. Water was running into the street from raised wall/landscape area. We isolated the underground source even though we could not see it,...a broken water main under garden area. Called three plumbers. One never returned my call. The second called two days late. Anctil was very responsive and scheduled the work just two work days after estimate. Subcontractor did a magical job of boring under driveway and garage floor so new service could enter crawl space all the way to connection point. Avoided major digging or damage. Anctil plumbers did the work in about six hours, using top grade materials, including piping, fittings and pressure reduction valve..all per code. City inspector arrived next day and approved it quickly for completion. Anctil crew returned hours later to back fill around street meter and patch concrete garage floor. Real pros. I tend to want things done right. So glad I hired Anctil. And..very easy to work with. Totally satisfied. [Because new water main is not steel, had to have an electrician come by soon to install a household ground, which was connected to the old plumbing.]
Description of Work
Complete replacement of home water service from street into house. Broken line replaced. New water service in place same day.
electrician, plumbing
Blaine H.
03/02/2015
The service was excellent. One person came out and it took about half an hour to an hour to complete the job. They did an excellent job cleaning up. I would say they have excellent service, reasonable prices and very reliable. They have done other jobs for us with no issues.
Description of Work
They replaced a kitchen faucet.
drain cleaning
Kevin W.
02/28/2015
I have used Anctil for my home plumbing needs for years. they have always been quick to respond in a very professional helpful way.. I will never go anywhere else. The hot water tank replacement went like all the other calls over the last 25 years. Outstanding.
Description of Work
Put in new hot water heater
Dave F.
01/21/2015
I awoke in the morning, and my hot water heater was leaking, and needed to be replaced. I called Bill at Anctil, who said that he would check with his dispatchers and get back to me in 15-20 minutes. He called back in less than 10 minutes and told me that someone would be there around 2pm. At 2pm, Duke arrived. He was a nice guy, clean cut, and work clothes were not shabby. He told me he would have the job done in 2 - 2 1/2 hours. He was done just shy of 2 1/2 hours. He made sure that I knew how to relight the hot water heater (in case it ever went out) since the lighting mechanism looked different than the previous one that I had. Thank you to Bill and Duke at Anctil for helping me last minute in my time of need. I will definitely use them again.
Description of Work
Replaced my hot water heater.
eah P.
11/11/2014
Had a older renter who had come home from the hospital and was recuperating. The toilet off his bedroom wasn't able to flush. The second toilet was at the other end of the house. Was not available to do the usual quick landlord fix. Decided to try Anctil. Explained the recuperating tenant issue. Called late afternoon. They came out the next morning and as per my request, completely rebuilt the tank and replaced all seals. (Yes, I should have replaced the toilet but sometimes you get more peace and quiet just fixing it.) They were prompt and professional. Would use again.
Description of Work
Complete toilet and seals rebuild on old toilet.
Bonnie F.
10/31/2014
The Anctil crew did an excellent job and were very easy to work with. The drilling operation (performed by a contractor to Anctil) under the front yard and foundation and emerging in the crawl space was quick and efficient. No traces of their work in the yard when they were finished, everything looked as it did before. The plumbers did neat and competent work. As soon as they came to the job site on Monday morning, they connected our house to our neighbors water so that we had service immediately. The utility line locator came on Tuesday and all the repair work to our service line was done on Wednesday. We had no complaints whatsoever and plan to have Anctil install a new water heater for us sometime this winter
Description of Work
The old water service line was broken by a tree root during Saturday afternoon wind storm. Anctil replaced the broken water service line between the meter box and the house by drilling under the front yard and foundation and pulling a new PEX line through. The new line is flexible and impervious to root problems. Connected the new line to the house line in the crawl space, insulated the new line under the house, installed a new PRV valve and house water turnoff valve in the garage and reconnected the new line at the meter box near the street.
Category
electrician, plumbing, water heater repair
Brian H.
10/24/2014
We initially had discovered a slow leak under the kitchen sink and after cleaning things up and attempting to correct the problem figured that there was something else going on that I didn't know. We called Anctil and they came out to the house the next day. After their initial inspection, they determined that a seal had broken in the disposal, and that the disposal was quite old and it would be best to replace. Having just gone through a bathroom remodel and Anctil has re-plumbed the entire house (except the disposal!), we figured lets get it done. The technician didn't have a new one on his truck that day, but returned later that afternoon to install one. Soooo quiet now!
Description of Work
Replaced an old, worn out disposal
plumbing, home remodeling
Marc D.
10/13/2014
Went very well. We always use Anctil Plumbing. They are always prompt, quick, and do the job right. They are friendly and describe what needs to be done before doing it. And they clean up nice as well. For the work they do, I believe they charge fair rates. Once they leave, I rest assured. We have had Anctil Plumbing come out several times over the years, but never for the same problem twice.
Description of Work
Replaced some plumbing under our kitchen sink, that had become worn. Also resituated the connection to the garbage disposal.
Loren W.
10/13/2014
Installation went well and all was brought up to code. Very professional.
Description of Work
Replaced water heater with new one.
Janice F.
10/07/2014
They are very fast. They are very knowledgeable and they are very honest. It was just terrific. They cleaned up after themselves. They explained things. They did not talk down to me because I am a woman. They are just generally good. I will tell other members to know that they can call them if they need an honest, fast and reasonably priced work done. The price depends on the severity of the problem. If I have a big problem then it is $200.
Description of Work
I used the services of Anctil Plumbing. I use them for everything.
Janice F.
10/07/2014
They did not charge for all the extra time they took to find what was wrong with my electrical system. The clean up and their professional is very good. I want other members to know that they can trust them and that they are good.
Description of Work
I used Anctil for my electrical needs. I had a short in the electrical system and they found and they fixed it.
electrician, plumbing
TOM E.
10/03/2014
This was an urgent visit due to our kitchen sink problem, but the plumber took his time and gladly addressed our other plumbing needs, saving us a second service call. The work was done carefully with attention to detail. Where we had options (type of disposal), he explained pros and cons. We were very pleased with Anctil. We have used them before and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.
Description of Work
Replaced disposal to fix a sink that wouldn't drain. While here, he also addressed an intermittently running toilet and a leaky outdoor hose bib.
Janice S.
09/29/2014
Very well, the guy that did the work was very professional and did a nice job of cleaning up the area after the installation..
Description of Work
Installed new shutoff valve for water coming into the house.
Erika G.
09/16/2014
We contacted this provider through Angie's List both because of their rating and because they had also been recommended by a realtor associated with Claremont, the 55+ golf community where we bought a house. We used the name of the realtor to bolster our request, but it made no difference. Weeks after our initial note to them, we haven't heard a thing, not even a and quot;Sorry, we're too busy.and quot; Given their lack of responsiveness, we would never hire them under any circumstances.
Description of Work
Nothing. .
CATHERINE M.
09/08/2014
The service went well. We had used the company before in the past.
Description of Work
I hired the company to repair a sink faucet.
Ron & Sandy R.
06/25/2014
They did an excellent job. They tore out everything that was here, they did concrete work, jack hammering and so forth to put in the shower, they referred people to us to do the cosmetic work and everyone they referred did good work.
Description of Work
I used Anctil Plumbing to do the plumbing in our bathroom downstairs. When we bought the sink and counter from Home Depo they came and installed them.
plumbing, home remodeling