Alpha Environmental Services Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since May 2008

We are a residential and commercial environmental consulting and remediation company. Serving the greater Portland, OR, area for over 16 years, we have the experience and knowledge to handle just about anything. We offer a variety of services from mold assessment and remediation to radon testing and mitigation and tank services. We provide project oversight and technical review for projects big and small. This includes site analysis, mold assessment, and the remediation of toxins. We also offer a full range of heating oil tank services, from checking underground leaks to installing above ground storage tanks (ASTs). Our residential and commercial services include: • Environmental consulting and remediation • Environmental site assessment • Groundwater remediation • Habitat restoration • Mold testing and removal • Asbestos, radon and lead testing and inspection • Dry well sampling • Phase I & II environmental site assessments • Underground tank sampling • Vapor mitigation systems Environmental risk is an important and complex issue. Whether your concern is toxic mold or radon testing, Alpha Environmental Services can develop an environmental or engineering due-diligence solution that fits your individual needs. We are fully licensed and committed to your environmental needs. Call today for a free estimate and to schedule an appointment....

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

mold removal (64)radon mitigation (27)heating oil company (23)excavating (14)biohazard cleanup (9)HVAC Companies (7)sewer cleaning (4)well & water pump repair (3)pest control (3)plumbers (2)hauling (2)home energy audit (1)

01/30/2021

Kim A.

All of the jobs went well, they are very communicative and responsive. The home owner was pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation, mold remediation, oil tank decommissioning

Category excavators, radon testing, mold removal, heating oil companies

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

06/06/2018

Alec B.

I called Alpha Environmental Services on 5/14 to schedule an inspection of my attic for mold. After paying $150 inspection fee, the appointment was made for 5/17. I received an appointment reminder e-mail on 5/16 asking for confirmation that appointment will be kept. Chris arrived on-time on 5/17 and performed the inspection which took about 30-45 minutes. Later that day, Chris forwarded me an e-mail with pictures of attic problem area and bid describing the work to be performed. Chris identified the source of the problem which another mold remediation contractor failed to identify the previous day during that contractor's inspection. I approved the bid and work was scheduled for the following week. A technician arrived on time and completed the repair and remediation within 2 hours. The technician performing the work was friendly, answered all questions posed to him, and cleaned up the work area. I received the final invoice with a post action report detailing what remediation was performed, including pictures of the treated areas via e-mail including Alpha's statement of guarantee the following day. Overall the process was super smooth, very professional and most importantly hassle free. I will be hiring Alpha Environmental Services for all my future mold remediation needs.

Description of Work
Attic mold remediation

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

12/13/2017

SHAHIN H.

Christopher came out and found where it was coming from and made sure it was a small area but said they'd have to open up a wall to see how far back it went. He also identified where the water was coming from. My husband (who is handy) opened up the wall and repaired the leak. Christopher came back out to bid the project. After reviewing what my husband had opened up and removed, he was able to determine we did not need any work done and could patch it back up. Didn't charge us anything. The staff was responsive, Christopher was thorough (checking other rooms including downstairs ceiling area) and professional. We would definitely hire them if the mold had extended further - and are grateful for the knowledge and peace of mind that they provided to us.

Description of Work
We had found mold in a tricky area around our shower.

Work Completed On 12/13/2017

10/11/2017

Khan V.

As far as I can tell, it went very well. They didn't have to but they extended my bathroom vent tube to the vent to prevent further mold build up.

Description of Work
Mold mediation

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

09/06/2017

Kathy C.

They were very nice, on time, thorough, and professional. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They did an environmental test on a buried oil tank.

Category energy audit

Work Completed On 05/02/2015

07/22/2017

Aubrey R.

Professional, friendly and responsive. I hired Alpha to come do a mold inspection on a home I just purchased. They accommodated my schedule and Chris came early morning before work to do the inspection. He was very friendly, thorough, and went above and beyond to make sure he tested everything I was looking for. He eased my mind and he even gave me home advice outside of just the mold inspection. The inspection price was incredibly reasonable and the bid to do some work was as well. He could have tried to oversell me on things due to my lack of knowledge about mold but in the end my house was in good shape and he eased my worries and gave me peace of mind which was well worth the price! I would highly recommend Alpha Environmental!

Description of Work
Home mold inspection

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

02/25/2017

Kristina M.

I can't say enough good things about Alpha Environmental. They are responsive, prompt, efficient and affordable. I was having trouble getting other companies to respond to me, but Alpha answered questions, scheduled the work, and got it done! While I hope to never need the services they provide again, if I do, I will definitely be using them.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation, oil tank decommissioning, sewer repair

Category radon testing, sewer cleaning, heating oil companies

Work Completed On 02/20/2017

02/21/2017

Terry A S.

I find the company and crew to be easy to work with, honest, very knowledgeable and thorough. They show up and finish the jobs on time. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
I am a realtor and have worked with Alpha Environmental many times. Recently, they did a sewer line $3500 on one listing, mold remediation $1200 on a 2nd listing and radon mitigation $2000+- on another.

Category excavators, plumbing, radon testing, mold removal

Work Completed On 10/15/2016

12/28/2016

Amber E.

We were satisfied with the service provided.

Description of Work
Mold Testing and Remediation

Work Completed On 12/28/2016

11/28/2016

Terry A S.

Alpha works very hard to meet real estate time frames and deadlines.

Description of Work
34 year realtor and this is one of the companies that I refer for oil tank decommissioning, radon and mold remediation. Reputable, responsive, fair and professional.

Category radon testing, mold removal, heating oil companies

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

10/21/2016

Valerie N.

Great. Everything went smoothly, on the time schedule that was laid out. Eric was easy to communicate with, and the office staff was responsive and efficient. We are happy with the system they installed; it is in a good location and functioning well. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for radon remediation, and based on their customer service, would hire them for other services as well.

Description of Work
Alpha installed a radon remediation system, then performed follow-up testing.

Category radon testing

Work Completed On 10/14/2016

10/04/2016

Gordon B.

We did not choose to do business with this company

Description of Work
We did not choose to do business with this company

Category excavators

Work Completed On 10/04/2016

09/19/2016

Joy K.

We hired them to treat black mold growing on the walls in our basement and attic before we hired another waterproofer to address the foundational issues. The estimator made it seems like they would scrub clean all the mold, spray it with a fungicide and then treat the walls to prevent more mold from growing. I also asked them to replace some questionable insulation in the attic. When we returned the next day I could barely tell that they had been there. It seemed like they literally came in and sprayed some stuff on the walls and left. No elbow grease or scrubbing whatsoever. There were still cobwebs in the corners that they may have just sprayed over. They removed the insulation in the attic and just left the plastic sheeting hanging there, but didn't replace it so now we have a new project to do. It seemed like the company is fine when Chris is around, but he was out of the office that week and there were some communications problems with his staff. We complained about the service and he came and agreed with us that $1,025 was a lot of money to pay to have some guy spray some liquid on your wall. He gave us $400 back, but it still felt like we got taken.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

Work Completed On 08/17/2016

08/29/2016

Monica C.

Alpha Environment Services was very polite, responsive and timely.

Description of Work
Oil Tank Location, Oil Tank Soil Testing

Category mold removal, heating oil companies

Work Completed On 08/24/2016

02/11/2016

Melanie M.

The bottom line is they did a very professional, quality job.

Description of Work
Sewer repair

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, mold removal

Work Completed On 08/01/2015

01/14/2016

Kalista M.

He showed up on time, both to provide an evaluation and bid. And again on the day the repair was scheduled. He was very friendly, took care with the property and wore booties to not get the home dirty, laid drop clothes where necessary, and got straight to work. He finished quicker than I had thought - cleaned up what was needed. Left the home in as good (actually better) condition than when he arrived.

Description of Work
Reattached a dryer vent that had been disconnected in the attic space for some time. Remedied the mold that was present (cleaned it and treated it to discourage future growth). Ensured there was no health problems and took pics to show it was completed.

Work Completed On 12/10/2015

01/11/2016

Tom W.

An oil tank needed to be removed along with some of the soil. We were under a deadline to get it done so the owner would not be foreclosed and the home sale would go thru. After giving us their "final" bill so we could pay them they came back several days later with an additional bill they said they overlooked. We refused to pay it because we figured that was their problem. They held up the sale until it was paid. I will never use them again. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
decommissioned an oil tank

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, mold removal, heating oil companies

Work Completed On 02/02/2011

After seeing your review, we are very concerned regarding your experience with our company. As you can tell by our many positive reviews, as a company we strive to provide the best customer service, but it seems in your case we did not provide that level of service. We would very much appreciate your input on where we fell short and what we could do better; as well as discussing if there is something we could do to offset your poor experience with us. If you would be so kind, could you please provide the property address and client’s name? We do not have any record for the site address listed in your review (hopefully we did not mess that up as well). Thank you, Janet Cason Office Manager

12/07/2015

Randy S.

I would use them in future if needed.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate for mold remediation.

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

11/10/2015

Mary Pat S.

I really have no way of evaluating the quality of the work that was done in the attic but presume that all work was done properly and well. I have two complaints, neither of which necessarily relates to the quality of the work. One is that, about three and one-half hours in, they noted that they had forgotten something and had to leave to get it. That took an hour (coincidently right around lunch hour). Since I had no way of knowing when they would be back, I could do nothing but wait for them. This was not a good use of my time. The other complaint may seem petty, but does deal with manners and appropriate behavior. Certainly, at any time that a work person in my home asks to use the restroom, I do not hesitate to give them permission and direct them to the guest bathroom. However, in this case, there was clear evidence that at least one of the men, without asking, had used the master (not guest) bathroom. I find this inappropriate. Re the question on whether or not I would use this service in the future, I do not know the answer to that question. I said "yes", because I have no desire to penalize Alpha Environmental. My decision, however, would depend on having a clear understanding with the company about the persons sent out to do the work.

Description of Work
Cleaned mold out of the attic; apply sealer/encapsulant throughout affected areas; remove mold spores in air; and install two flapper vents.

Work Completed On 11/02/2015

11/09/2015

Kathy F.

They did a great job. It took two tries but they were able to remove enough soil to pass DEQ's test. They filled the hole and left the property clean. They came in within their estimate.

Description of Work
They decommissioned an underground oil tank. The tank had leaked so they had to test and perform the cleanup operation.

Category excavators, mold removal, heating oil companies

Work Completed On 08/20/2015

06/23/2015

Sarah L.

I had to wait a while for the guys to get here. I was originally told they were going to be here in the morning but they arrived at 3:30. It took them about 2 hours to complete the work. They cleaned up after themselves. Its the third time I've had to use Alpha and would recommend them to anyone that needs work done.

Description of Work
Removed an above ground oil tank

Category excavators, mold removal, heating oil companies

Work Completed On 06/22/2015

06/08/2015

Derek L.

They were very professional on both the initial bid and follow up work, very knowledgeable, and competitive with other offers. Also felt their statement of work (original quote) was much more detailed and thorough than those I received elsewhere. They have been doing this awhile and knew what they were doing. They also cleaned up well after themselves and were available to answer any questions I had. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Removed mold and installed vents in attic.

Work Completed On 05/26/2015