Aatco Transmission & Transaxle

Founded 1989 • With Angi since December 2005

Auto Transmission
Auto Service
Auto Inspections

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

13980 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy

Beaverton, OR 97005

Tim's AATCO Transmission & Transaxle is a transmission repair shop in Beaverton, Oregon. Tim from AATCO would like to thank you for checking out our company. We've been serving the area for over 20 years and most of our client base is made of referrals and return customers. Our mechanics specialize in automatic and manual transmissions and transfer cases. We also repair or replace clutches, u-joints and drive axles. Our shop is spread out over about 8,500 sq. ft. with over 100 re-built transmissions in stock! We can also take care of your transfer case and differential maintenance. We service all makes and models of cars, trucks, RV's and 4x4s. We specialize in: Inspections and analysis, Calibrations, Drivability evaluations, Rebuilding, Reconditioning, Scheduled maintenance, Towing We are committed to providing you with excellent services, and we take our clients' opinion to heart when we perform our repairs. In fact, our customers have given great feedback to us, which has helped us develop our auto repair services over the years. We are members of the Better Business Bureau and the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association. Our technicians are ASE certified. Ask about our nationwide warranties. Call AATCO Transmission & Transaxle today for a phone quote or to discuss your auto repair needs!...

05/23/2017

My car problem wasn't with my transmission, they were good enough to test it out for free. They then gave me a good referral, within same complex, where I had things resolved.

Description of Work
Transmission testing

Work Completed On 05/23/2017

01/09/2017

Both services went great. Good prices and Tim is very reliable and kind. He was more than willing to address any concerns I had, thoroughly explain the process, and give me honest information. My car is running great now.

Description of Work
I've had them put in a new clutch a few years ago, and do a transmission rebuild this year on my mustang.

Category auto repair,transmission repair,car inspections

Work Completed On 09/02/2016

07/16/2015

IT didn't go well. After the transmission service, the vehicle leaked transmission fluid very badly. I took the vehicle back in and was told that I needed more work as some of the seals were bad. They performed the work and checked out vehicle after. I took the car home and noticed that it was leaking even worse that it did before. Called them again and they asked me to bring in the vehicle. I did...

Description of Work
Took in my 1965 Mustang for an automatic transmission service.

Work Completed On 07/15/2015

07/02/2015

I called for a transmission "flush" quote - the recommendation from my "regular mechanic". However, the owner, Tim, told me that it was inadvisable for a full flush on a 2002 car. He recommended alternate service that was less expensive, but more effective and safe for my car. I appreciate his honesty and recommendation.

Description of Work
Transmission service on my 2002 Camry.

Work Completed On 06/17/2015

01/19/2015

We only had one day in which to get the work done. Tim had to buy the new mounts from his wholesaler. He was very accommodating and squeezed our job into his workload. After the work was done, he showed us the cracked mounts that he had removed. There were visible fissures on each mount; plus, the cracks were rusty. During the time the car was being worked on, Tim kept us appraised by cell phone o...

Description of Work
The car is a 1997 Toyota Avalon. The transmission made a clunking sound every morning when cold. Tim, the owner, determined the front and rear engine mounts were cracked. Also, the transmission fluid needed to be drained.

Work Completed On 01/16/2015

05/29/2014

The ford dealership had stated that they could not pinpoint my transmission or vibration problem without specialized vibration analysis equipement. Tim test drove my truck and stated, that he could diagnose for free. After dropping the truck off, Tim called back in about 4 hours, stating he found loose bolts to the transfer case (that the dealership did not find). After replacing gaskets and doing...

Description of Work
Solved a virbration problem in my F150 4X4, that 2 other shops could not (one was a dealership).

Category

Work Completed On 05/29/2014

01/14/2014

I fell for all the "good" reviews on Tim's company. What a big mistake that was! On 11/30/2011 I pay Tim Schroeder the owner of the company a sum of $2,400 for overhauling my transmission on my 1999 Honda Accord. Just over two years later and less than 18,000 miles I hear a loud clunking noise when the car is in park or neutral. I'm thinking oh no this can't be the transmission! I contact Tim's sh...

Description of Work
Overhauled my transmission.

Work Completed On 11/30/2011

06/22/2013

They checked out my vehicle, and then said they wanted to service the transmission before rebuilding it to see if that would fix my problem. That worked and saved me a lot of money.

Description of Work
Transmission service.

Work Completed On 06/10/2013

06/05/2013

AATCO Transmission have always been like that. I've gone in there once or twice with things I thought were big deal and it turns out it was something stupid that they either didn't charge me for or charged me very minimal. They're very good, honest guys and quite reliable. They're fairly priced.

Description of Work
AATCO Transmission fixed my transmission that would not go into park and it needed an adjustment on the bolt and they did it for free.

Work Completed On 05/08/2013

05/06/2013

I needed a new transmission. Firstly they checked the electronic codes to verify that a replacement was really needed. I appreciated that because they could have just gone ahead and I would never have challenged them. It did need a new transmission. Tim took at least 10 minutes to explain that they would use a rebuilt (rebuilt in house), what the cost would be, his warranty on the rebuilt and answ...

Description of Work
Replaced transmission in 2000 Dodge Caravan.

Work Completed On 03/25/2013

Transmissions * Clutch Repair * Differential Repairs * Custom Rebuilds * Work on Cars , Trucks , and Vans* Towing Available On Major Overhauls * Transmission Inspection * Manual Transmission * Automatic Transmission * 4-Wheel Drive Transmission * Transfer Cases

Give us a call today!