Malmedal Plumbing, Inc.

Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 2008

For plumbing needs large and small, the only call is Malmedal! Can't get that clogged drain cleared or fix that dripping faucet? Maybe the water's flowing over covering the bathroom floor you need a toilet repair specialist - NOW. Or, thinking about a bathroom remodel or building the home of your

plumbers (42)water heaters (6)drain cleaning (4)

07/01/2020

Bruce L.

Showed up on time as scheduled and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
Bathroom tub leaks

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

01/24/2020

Jackie B.

Great! Very fast and extremely helpful.

Description of Work
Repaired kitchen drain in crawl space

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

07/14/2019

Ingrid U.

Done in less than the estimated time; friendly; work done as promised; cost a bit more than anticipated but I m at have misunderstood the estimate

Description of Work
Replacement of kitchen sink; new sink and garbage disposal installed.

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

11/01/2018

John P.

They listened on the phone and repeated my explanation back to me perfectly the first time. That was nice. A very experienced friendly man listened to my story carefully and addressed the issue that stopped me from doing the repair myself. He cut out the broken (old chrome pipe) that led to the cast iron drain. He tried a wrench like I did, then stopped when it was obvious that would never work. Cut out the pipe without causing further damage. He then snaked it out, and we discussed how in the future this pipe should eventually be replaced. Then he expertly put it back together with new parts. Now I can plan long term solution while resuming my daily routine.

Description of Work
Sink drain clog cleaned and then broken p-trap (very old) connection repaired.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

04/24/2018

Lisa R.

Great, very prompt and professional. Gave me lots of great tips on how to avoid future plumbing problems. Will definitely call again!

Description of Work
Tub cleanout and questions about other potential plumbing work

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

03/29/2018

John T.

Called these guys up to inspect for a crawlspace leak that I was suspect of. They went down into the crawlspace and were able to find two leaks. They also gave detailed other issues they noticed. I was so thankful they told me about those other issues because I had no idea. Once the work was complete they called me back with a full detail on how everything went. The whole process of making the appointment and arranging the work was a breeze. They were responsive, attentive, and got the job done well. I have these guys saved in my phone book for future work.

Description of Work
Crawlspace Leak

Work Completed On 03/29/2018

10/03/2017

James J.

Everything went great. I called on a Monday and was scheduled for Wednesday. I received a call on Tuesday morning and there was a cancellation, so they were able to fit me on that afternoon. Oliver arrived right at the appointed time. He was extremely friendly and explained everything thoroughly. The installation went smoothly and Oliver cleaned up after completing the job.

Description of Work
Replaced gas water heater

Work Completed On 10/03/2017

01/22/2016

DANA G.

Business would not travel to Dundee stating it was too far from Banks. However, they service up to St. Helens per their website which is further away than Dundee. We will find someone else who is willing to travel all the way to Dundee and take our money.

Description of Work
Provided over the phone quote since we were looking for a repair or replacement for our water heater. Declined our business once they discovered we lived in Dundee.

Work Completed On 11/30/2015

We are working to update our website regarding our service locations, we are also working with Angie's List to correct the locations serviced. Unfortunately, we were unable to assist this customer.

03/30/2015

ROBERT B.

Came, when he said, fixed everything, had to come back a second time because he didn't have a replacement ball valve in his truck.

Description of Work
Fixed leaking bathtub faucet fixture, fixed toilet that kept running, replaced leaky ball valve for outdoor water shutoff.

Work Completed On 03/27/2015

03/20/2015

Terry B.

The job went very well and at the price I was quoted. Very professional, very polite and I will most certainly call on their services again.

Description of Work
New water heater installed

Work Completed On 03/19/2015

03/12/2015

deborah M.

It turned out beautiful. The work met all of our expectations and he's worth every penny.

Description of Work
They plumbed a new bathtub in for us, so they had to relocate some of the water lines and the drain.

Work Completed On 02/11/2015

03/12/2015

Brian B.

Plumber arrived on time and was very courteous and professional. The total job took approximately one hour. Plumber took the time to show me the cause of the leak. The replacement valve was a high quality component compared to the valve that was previously installed. I highly recommend Malmedal Plumbing, I will definitely use them again if and when needed.

Description of Work
Replaced soldered fitting and lavatory isolation valve.

Work Completed On 03/09/2015

LAURIE M.

One guy came out. He was nice, didn't have the right tool the first time he came out, but he got it and came right back. He was was professional, I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They cleared a clog out to the septic tank.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 03/15/2014

Kathryn R.

Fine. They were on of the few that responded and could come out. It was reasonable.

Description of Work
Broken outside water connection needed repaired.

Work Completed On 12/05/2014

Margaaret H.

It was wonderful. They were great. The work was very good. The price was very reasonable. They did a very nice job.

Description of Work
I had a leak that was in the wall and they came out and did a very nice job of finding it and did a great job on fixing it.

Work Completed On 06/12/2013

Barbara S.

The work was excellent, professional and I would give them five stars. They did a really good job, were responsive and were fine.

Description of Work
I used Malmedal Plumbing to add some valves and pipes to a household rainwater filtration system.

Work Completed On 03/09/2013

09/22/2014

David T.

I have used Malmedal for years. They are my plumber. I always get the same plumber, Oliver. Always on time. Reasonably priced. Very professional. Oliver always has time to answer questions and offer advice. Sometimes he answers questions that have nothing to do with the current job. Like this last time I had questions about my septic tank. The work is always done right the first time. In the past, I have had them clean drains, fix faucets, install faucets, install hot water heater, and add straps for the water heater to code. I never have to search for a plumber.

Description of Work
cleared the bathroom sink drain

Work Completed On 09/19/2014

04/07/2014

alison P.

The plumbers did a great job for me. They were efficient, and friendly. They have done work for me before for smaller projects. The one glitch came after the work was done and I was charged for an item that I felt should have been included in the bid. I discussed this with Kris Malmedal, and although there was not a clear right or wrong, he was willing to resolve it in my favor. I am most impressed in the way that he conducts his business. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced old copper pipes with new plastic. Bathroom, kitchen and outdoor facets were all replaced.

Work Completed On 03/11/2014

02/01/2014

Katherine G.

Oliver was professional, prompt, and performed duties as promised during initial meeting two days earlier.

Description of Work
Installed new toilet.

Work Completed On 01/23/2014

05/20/2013

Victoria P.

They came out promptly and did a good job of connecting what they did but they apparently did not notice that the shower drain is not connected into the system. I think we will just do this part ourselves now. I think they should have tested the whole system and confirmed everything worked before leaving. Aside from that, however the quality of their work looks to be good.

Description of Work
Connected mobile home plumbing

Work Completed On 11/15/2012

01/03/2013

Brenda S.

It took just a couple days from my Oct.10 initial contact to Malmedal's in-home assessment of the work requested. At that time I was told I would receive a quote in a day or two. Three weeks later I still didn't have a quote for the work. Unable to wait another week, on Nov. 7, I emailed them one last time to see where their quote was. No response --not even an acknowlegement that I had emailed them--returned until Nov. 12 and their quote was double that of the other bidder who completed the work and was paid $1200 on Nov. 9. (Maybe this was a unique snafu--a friend who seldom steers me wrong had recommended Malmedal to me. Happy news for me is that the plumber I actually hired was so good I won't ever need to shop around again.)

Description of Work
I had quite a bit of rough plumbing and a couple finish plumbing items I needed handled.

Work Completed On 11/01/2012

08/01/2012

Ron B.

Appointment was at 2, Oliver called at 1 to ask if it was ok to come 30 minutes early. This was fine. He ask exactly what I wanted done, got right to it, had all the right supplies and equipment and was done in the estimated time. Very nice and very professional.

Description of Work
Ran a new water line to the dishwasher.

Work Completed On 07/31/2012

09/17/2010

NANCY H.

They were very nice to work with. They cleaned up everything afterwords and did a very good job.

Description of Work
They installed a water heater.